Squeeze Page vs. Sales Page

by moneychain 10 replies
When u have a MRR, RR or PLR product that comes with both a squeeze page and a Sales Page, which one do you make the index.html? Does it matter and what if you only have 1 ebook. Like you don't have a report and then an (upsell) eBook - just an eBook with both a squeeze page and sales page, what do you do? Which do you use? I guess it depends on weather or not you want to build your list or you want to make sales or am I way off base here?
:confused:
#main internet marketing discussion forum #mrr #page #plr #sales #squeeze
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author djax3000
    I think I understand your questions. Ok. It really doesn't matter which one you make the index.html. Although a lot of people usually make the sales page the index.html page. You can add the squeeze page as well. For instance, the format would be http://yoursite.com/squeeze.

    The second part of the question is throwing me for a loop. But I think you want to know if you sell the ebook from your sales page or have them optin first then try and sell to them. Well you can do both.

    First find something to give away for free (report/video usually plr but modified by you) as incentive to optin to via your squeeze page. Once they optin send them to a thank you page offering your "one time offer". If they don't bite, you still got them on your list to try and sell to later.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7133045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BKKBound
    It all depends on how you have designed your sales funnel. If your process is such that the customer enters at the squeeze page, tenders their email and details, and is then put through a series of autoresponder messages before being directed to the sales page....then thats fine. Alternatively you may send ppl straight to your sales page.

    I think most would have the sales page as the index and a squeeze page seperate for PPC and PPV campaigns and any sort of offers they are running elsewhere and then push the client through to the salespage eventually.

    Just different places in the same sales funnel.

    Hope that helps.
    Signature
    Visit my website & blog --> www.thebizsquad.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7133092].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Juan Burton
      Originally Posted by BKKBound View Post

      It all depends on how you have designed your sales funnel. If your process is such that the customer enters at the squeeze page, tenders their email and details, and is then put through a series of autoresponder messages before being directed to the sales page....then thats fine. Alternatively you may send ppl straight to your sales page.

      I think most would have the sales page as the index and a squeeze page seperate for PPC and PPV campaigns and any sort of offers they are running elsewhere and then push the client through to the salespage eventually.

      Just different places in the same sales funnel.

      Hope that helps.
      You hit it right on the money! That is usually the strategy when it comes to the index as the sales page and other pages as the squeeze page of RR's, PLR's and MRR's.
      Signature
      Cheers to your success,
      Juan Burton


      JUAN BURTON | COM - Internet Marketer | Actor | Forex Broker | Film Producer | Product Developer
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author craigpullman
    To break down your questions (in order):
    Generally, the sales page is used as the index page. Anyone who visits your site will me met with the sales page. You can use the squeeze page as per djax3000's comments. This will allow you to capture your visitors' email details first, thus building your list. (The money is in the list right?)

    Your main aim should be to build your list first (usually by giving away a free product in exchange for a name and email address). You will need to check the license terms of the PLR product to make sure you are not breaching those terms i.e. do you have giveaway rights to the product?

    It does not matter that you have only one product BUT if you are new to IM then your main aim should be to build a relationship with your list first and then sell them later.

    Hope this answers your questions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7133384].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author athusbangk
    I suggest you use the squeeze page as the front page. We all need to build a list first, right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rackspace
    just do A/B testing and find out.
    Signature

    Want to buy a good domain name for blog. If you have one, PM me with price.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7137704].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jimmyjackson
    I put my always put my squeeze page on an entirely different domain. If your customer sees that your squeeze page is just a subdomain, then they may simply go straight to your main page, depending on how you set it up.

    95 - 99% of traffic passing through your site won't buy your product on their first visit. If you have a squeeze page you will have a bounce rate of up to 80% depending on how targeted your traffic is.

    Some people see this as losing 80% of potential customers who aren't even getting a chance to take a look at your website. This isn't was really going on here. As you've now captured the emails of the remaining 20% (which would probably include the 1-5% of traffic that was going to buy anyway) so not only the will you have the opportunity to sell this product to them once, but anything else within that niche for as long as they don't opt out. Happy days!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7139477].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 54 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Warriors .... Warriors.... what would you like to LEARN?

    Good Morning awesome Warriors... I'm happy to announce that The Warrior Forum is planning to create our first COURSE. Yes... Powered by Warrior Wisdom... yeah!! Made at home. But before ... [read more]

  • 19 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    What is the best Way to drive Traffic From Reddit

    Hello everyone Lots of People say that it is a good Way To Get More visitors to Blog posts and get more Email Subscribers Fast. I started using it But ... [read more]

  • 46 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How Do Highly Successful People Stay Positive?

    Hi Gang, I just stumbled upon this great article and wanted to share! 6 Ways Highly Successful People Stay Positive So the question begs, how do YOU stay positive? What ... [read more]

  • 15 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    I don't want to get another cease and desist letter about my domain name...

    I was once threatened by a Lawsuit concerning a domain name that I owned - and I don't want to make the same mistake. So therefore, I want to make ... [read more]

  • 5 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Expired domains myths

    abrehman in SEO

    I'm going to buy an expired domain which have good metrics, registered in 2008. But i heard before going to buy any expire domain we must check domain by this ... [read more]