The most successful Internet Marketers Hangout.... I wonder

Profile picture of the author Auctiondebteliminator by Auctiondebteliminator Posted: 12/17/2012
I was just wondering this the other day. . . .


I seriously doubt that the most successful internet marketer in the world doesn't frequent WF.

I mean - if you think about it - how could they not spend their time here?

Could you imagine someone just 'learning this stuff on their own' and being a recluse on the internet and just raking in the money and have no digital footprint of it?

In other words - have you ever met someone successful that didn't TELL you about it?
#hangout #internet #marketers #successful

  • Profile picture of the author goindeep
    goindeep
    You last me towards the end there.

    Most uber successful marketers are too busy working or relaxing.

    The dudes in the middle, visit. Trust me, they do.
  • Profile picture of the author tmitsoff
    tmitsoff
    I would imagine that the most uber successful marketers have people working for them who would visit here at least on occasion. Those people probably keep them posted on what's trending in here.
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    JohnMcCabe
    Some of what seem to be the most successful Internet Marketers to the IM/MMO market telegraph their product launches. They'll be MIA for months, then suddenly appear with a long, detailed post about why most IMers fail and how to correct the situation. After the launch, they go back underground until the next launch.

    There always seem to be a few Warriors who remember these guys posting here regularly when they started out, and welcome them back with effusive thanks for their insightful post. This leads to a parade of newer folks panting after the new launch.

    That's not to say that there aren't successful marketers who hang out here for the right reasons. There are many, too many to avoid leaving someone out if I tried listing them.

    Even those in the first camp may have value to offer. Just take it with your eyes wide open, knowing the motives behind the sudden urge to share.

    As for "the most successful", you'd first need to define success and then have a way to independently audit how each candidate actually ranked.
  • Profile picture of the author Auctiondebteliminator
    Auctiondebteliminator
    You make a good point, JohnMcCabe, I don't think I was clear in what my definition of 'most successful' was.

    The absolute superlative, in my definition would probably be 'most respected'. But even then, it couldn't be quantified.

    Others, I suppose would rank 'most successful' as:

    The marketer that makes the most money
    The marketer that ranks #1 on Google for 'internet marketing'
    The marketer that has the biggest subscriber list
    The marketer that became a millionaire youngest/quickest
    The marketer that became the first BILLIONAIRE
    The marketer that ....... etc?
  • Profile picture of the author Corey Geer
    Corey Geer
    Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post
    I was just wondering this the other day. . . .


    I seriously doubt that the most successful internet marketer in the world doesn't frequent WF.

    I mean - if you think about it - how could they not spend their time here?

    Could you imagine someone just 'learning this stuff on their own' and being a recluse on the internet and just raking in the money and have no digital footprint of it?

    In other words - have you ever met someone successful that didn't TELL you about it?
    Why would the most successful internet marketers hang out on the Warrior Forum...?

    Clearly, to explore all of the wonderful and great programs that are in the WSO section surely! :rolleyes:

    Seriously though, the only millionaire marketer I've ever seen in the Warrior Forum was Kelly Felix and that was to sell off his BTF program for a $7 trial. Now, if you count the self-proclaimed millionaires and successes in the forum, then there are plenty of those people hanging around.

    They're not laying around and doing nothing as often as you think they are. People like Frank Kern are constantly on the go and thinking of the next product to sell to people. I seriously doubt he comes here for inspiration or to gain new information XD
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    Troy_Phillips
    Three years ago, at least in my little town, there were a certain group of business owners who seemed to have it by the tail.

    Huge new homes. A hummer and a vette sitting in the 100 grand attached garage with the studio apartment above for guest. Tailored clothing and a Lexus for their new 16 year old driver to parade in the school parking lot.

    They seemed to forget those of us who had been in business for years. We didn't quiet stack up to the credentials it took to remain a friend. Some of us were driving a car 2 or 3 years old .. who could blame them?

    Fast forward to today.

    Those same elite apparently were living on borrowed money and credit cards. the economy dried up and so did their rob Peter to pay Paul businesses. They now find themselves driving second hand cars that come with a 29% interest rate because they have no credit.

    They are living in a rented place now .. hell .. some of them are back in Mom and Dad's basement.

    Things are not always as they seem.
  • Profile picture of the author Auctiondebteliminator
    Auctiondebteliminator
    Which is why I will NEVER EVER EVER go back into debt again.

    Took me 12 months to get out of debt (6 figures worth) and now I live a frugal lifestyle while my family/friends STILL think a good credit score is a good thing.

    WTH?

    (And it's also why I give away my eBook for free! People in debt can't buy stuff!)

    In short - never take weight loss advice from a fat guy - nor take money advice from your broke uncle!
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post
    Which is why I will NEVER EVER EVER go back into debt again.

    Took me 12 months to get out of debt (6 figures worth) and now I live a frugal lifestyle while my family/friends STILL think a good credit score is a good thing.

    WTH?

    (And it's also why I give away my eBook for free! People in debt can't buy stuff!)

    In short - never take weight loss advice from a fat guy - nor take money advice from your broke uncle!
    I understand your point, but a good credit score IS a good thing. Just maybe not for the reasons you think.

    Many things you wouldn't think should be tied to credit score are. Auto insurance, for one thing. Some propeller-capped math wienie sold the proposition that lower credit scores were a predictor of accidents. In another time and place, I recall blowing a gasket when I got a letter telling me that my personal hard times were going to cost me more because the insurance company was raising my rates based on my credit score. Same driver, same policy, same perfect record, higher premium.

    And if you do end up financing even reasonable purchases, like an affordable home or a reasonable car, your rates will be tied to your credit score.

    I could go on...

    Live the frugal lifestyle, but use enough credit responsibly to keep your score up. It will allow you to pay less for certain things you have to have. Meaning that it is the frugal thing to do...
  • Profile picture of the author TheSalesBooster
    TheSalesBooster
    Most if not all successful marketers do not hang out around here. I'd say a good % of them can't stand this forum (blind leading the blind). They don't have the time to goof around on forums because they are too busy working or enjoying their wealth.
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    Troy_Phillips
    Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post
    I understand your point, but a good credit score IS a good thing. Just maybe not for the reasons you think.

    Many things you wouldn't think should be tied to credit score are. Auto insurance, for one thing. Some propeller-capped math wienie sold the proposition that lower credit scores were a predictor of accidents. In another time and place, I recall blowing a gasket when I got a letter telling me that my personal hard times were going to cost me more because the insurance company was raising my rates based on my credit score. Same driver, same policy, same perfect record, higher premium.

    And if you do end up financing even reasonable purchases, like an affordable home or a reasonable car, your rates will be tied to your credit score.

    I could go on...

    Live the frugal lifestyle, but use enough credit responsibly to keep your score up. It will allow you to pay less for certain things you have to have. Meaning that it is the frugal thing to do...
    I have good enough credit to walk in the bank tomorrow and walk out with a sig only loan. Well personal loan anyway .. corporate loans are a little longer procedure no matter the credit score.

    I am not saying that to brag (too much) just to prove the point that I could have easily went the same route had I not been able to look at the past and see all bubbles burst.

    Good credit is a must now a days. I have actually heard of people getting turned down for jobs because they had let their credit go. I feel sorry for the ones who were really trying but not too bad for those that just decided they no longer wanted to pay.
  • Profile picture of the author johndetlefs
    johndetlefs
    Originally Posted by Troy_Phillips View Post
    Good credit is a must now a days.
    Agree... Credit is just a tool like any other, and can be really helpful at times.

    That said, it's stupidly easy to get in over your head, and that's speaking from experience, and I'm pretty full on these days about not going into debt if I can't see a positive ROI on that debt in the near future.

    Uncontrolled debt IMO is a very consuming and dangerous thing.
  • Profile picture of the author brentb
    brentb
    Originally Posted by TheSalesBooster View Post
    Most if not all successful marketers do not hang out around here. I'd say a good % of them can't stand this forum (blind leading the blind). They don't have the time to goof around on forums because they are too busy working or enjoying their wealth.
    Yes ^^^ This!

    They do have a few hangouts on the web but they don't want those new to IM or those who don't actually have some serious business going on, you probably won't get anything out of it either. Not to say they don't help their communities but its not the level of help you find here for a newbie and if you ask too simple of questions you are more likely to get cursed at and have a moderator ban you instead of actually getting an answer.

    Please nobody ask me for details, I am not giving them out. If you get your game up and attend some trade shows you will definitely know by that point. I recommend for most here to strictly stay at Warrior Forum, it really is a great resource, experienced or not and especially if you are still learning.
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Mark Singletary
    The most successful Internet Marketers such as the owners and leaders of:
    • Amazon.com
    • Google.com
    • Yahoo.com
    • Facebook.com
    • Ebay.com
    • Paypal.com
    • Microsoft.com
    No, haven't seen them around.

    Mark
  • Profile picture of the author Allan_Gardyne
    Allan_Gardyne
    I'm intrigued by all these definitions of "success".

    To me, success is having the reached the stage where you are free to decide to work or not work, depending on your mood.
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    WillR
    News flash. Being successful is not JUST about the money. Being successful is about being happy and having the money to be able to live the life you want to live.

    Personally, I enjoy marketing -- always have. That's WHY I do it. If it were just for the money then I wouldn't be here. You have to enjoy what you do to be truly happy. And just like people who are interested in golf will hang out in a golf forum, I hang out in the Warrior Forum because I am interested in marketing.

    Where people hang out has nothing to do with how much money they are making. In fact you could argue those who are 'uber' successful don't hang out in forums like this because they simply don't have the time to. But is that really success if you have no time to enjoy the finer things in life?

    I know which I'd rather.
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    sbucciarel
    Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post
    I was just wondering this the other day. . . .


    I seriously doubt that the most successful internet marketer in the world doesn't frequent WF.

    I mean - if you think about it - how could they not spend their time here?
    Well, I reasonably certain that Bill Gates isn't here and Frank Kern is well known to hate the Warrior Forum. A lot of gurus were chased away by negativity and unwarranted or warranted skepticism, don't know which as I haven't seen more than a handful of them here myself ... at least not in their own name and active.
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    WillR
    Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post
    Well, I reasonably certain that Bill Gates isn't here and Frank Kern is well known to hate the Warrior Forum. A lot of gurus were chased away by negativity and unwarranted or warranted skepticism, don't know which as I haven't seen more than a handful of them here myself ... at least not in their own name and active.
    You bring up a good point. A lot of the 'gurus' would never hang out in a forum like this because they couldn't put up with all the real and honest feedback about themselves and their products. It would be damaging to their 'brand'. It's like virtually putting your business under a microscope.

    I can see why someone like Frank Kern would hate a forum like this... it invites too much transparency into his marketing tactics. I've seen a number of threads about him and some of the marketing tactics he has used over the years. They haven't always been positive comments.

    In regards to Bill Gates, I think there are a number of people in this forum doing much more innovative things than Bill Gates currently is. Microsoft who? In fact if it weren't for Windows coming pre-installed on all PC's, i would have it a bet he would be long gone.
  • Profile picture of the author Corey Geer
    Corey Geer
    What? Frank Kern's videos are some of the most informative videos I've ever seen.

    As far as "real" and "genuine" reviews go. *points over to the WSO section*

    I mean come on now...

    The only real difference between WSO products and Guru products is that Gurus sell their products for hundreds or thousands and tend to go more into depth while Warriors sell their products for $7 and sometimes even $1... There are some products in there for $46, $67 or in some very rare cases, even more.

    I don't get all the hate against Gurus.. why hate them? Why not study them, copy their marketing tactics, their system and learn from them to do what they do? I agree not everyone wants to be where they are and wants to live their lifestyle but those of us that do should be studying them and not hating on them.

    A lot of the things Frank say has a lot of truth in it and I think a lot of people hate him from here because he doesn't sugarcoat things. He's straight forward and says it how it is.

    I used one of his quotes that I heard on a CD a lot, which was "People Suck".
  • Profile picture of the author Sushiman1111
    Sushiman1111
    I saw James Schramko post here not too long ago. And I do believe that he's made a little money on the internet.

    As for success, I completely agree that measuring it only by money is a mistake (though it makes things easy I suppose). You need enough money to do what you want to do, but after that? What's the point? I'd much rather have an extra four hours a day (as, in fact, I do) to do what I want than work those four hours to make "extra" money.
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    WillR
    Originally Posted by Corey Geer View Post
    What? Frank Kern's videos are some of the most informative videos I've ever seen.

    As far as "real" and "genuine" reviews go. *points over to the WSO section*

    I mean come on now...

    The only real difference between WSO products and Guru products is that Gurus sell their products for hundreds or thousands and tend to go more into depth while Warriors sell their products for $7 and sometimes even $1... There are some products in there for $46, $67 or in some very rare cases, even more.

    I don't get all the hate against Gurus.. why hate them? Why not study them, copy their marketing tactics, their system and learn from them to do what they do? I agree not everyone wants to be where they are and wants to live their lifestyle but those of us that do should be studying them and not hating on them.

    A lot of the things Frank say has a lot of truth in it and I think a lot of people hate him from here because he doesn't sugarcoat things. He's straight forward and says it how it is.

    I used one of his quotes that I heard on a CD a lot, which was "People Suck".
    No one here said they hate Frank Kern nor did anyone say he has done anything wrong. What I did say was the bigger gurus have a lot more to lose from coming to a forum like this. There are always going to be haters out there and the bigger you are and the bigger your following (such as that of Frank Kern) the more haters you are going to attract.

    So opening yourself up to public opinion on a forum won't always be a great idea and could do more harm than good. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just saying it's the reality of the situation.

    There have been several 'gurus' come through here the last few years and a couple have left with their head between their knees.

Related discussions