Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum
Register Blogs Social Groups Advertise with usHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:03 PM   #1
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JesusDiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 128
Thanks: 35
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Hello, I'm trying to configure my amazon site, its a wordpress with protozon theme, and wp zon builder plugin installed.

Any of you have this set up already?

The thing is that my theme is not displaying autoposts correctly, its messing up everything. Its just matter of using the correct settings, template set and options.

Any one using this could help me to know which template set is the right one, and which other options to choose?

Thanks a lot!
JesusDiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:17 PM   #2
misguided
War Room Member
 
Jason Perez O'Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 939
Thanks: 81
Thanked 218 Times in 170 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Auto Posts? I wouldn't use any of the WP Zon's auto post features. Only the product details, i.e. price, read reviews, the picture and the buttons.

I'd write the review yourself, or description if you have a store. The testimonials I'd only include a select few, and not completely display them, but include half the testimonial and have them click to read it all.

Testimonials aren't too bad so if you want to display all of them, or the whole text that's fine. But atleast do your own features/description or reviews.
Jason Perez O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:30 PM   #3
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JesusDiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 128
Thanks: 35
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Thanks for the advice man,

However, I've seen many sites with autoposts doing just fine, I'm talking about adding 1000 products or so. Don't you think that would make money? and also rank in Google?

Thanks
JesusDiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:39 PM   #4
curnnburn.com
 
Danny Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 360
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Contact your themes support. Many times when using wp zon builder you have to add a custom post field. You will find this in - Integration >> Custom field mapping - Your install instruction should have the correct codes.

Danny Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:43 PM   #5
curnnburn.com
 
Danny Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 360
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodak View Post
Thanks for the advice man,

However, I've seen many sites with autoposts doing just fine, I'm talking about adding 1000 products or so. Don't you think that would make money? and also rank in Google?

Thanks
As for your other question, it is hard to rank auto post content but I am doing tests with tumblr + twitter + pinterest + stumbleupon......... the traffic i am seeing is much more than if I was just going for google traffic. This being said I am also test another seo drip feeding method targeting only search traffic and am seeing good results.

For the search engine you will need some unique content of your own unless you are geo-targeting.

Danny Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:44 PM   #6
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JesusDiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 128
Thanks: 35
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Thanks, already contacted them but no answer yet.. and the installation instructions are completely useless... do you know which custom field to add to work with wp zon builder?

Thanks
JesusDiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:45 PM   #7
misguided
War Room Member
 
Jason Perez O'Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 939
Thanks: 81
Thanked 218 Times in 170 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodak View Post
Thanks for the advice man,

However, I've seen many sites with autoposts doing just fine, I'm talking about adding 1000 products or so. Don't you think that would make money? and also rank in Google?

Thanks
Some get lucky and outrank the original page. Other then that, what proof do you have that they are doing well other than their word?

Serious question, I'm willing to believe this if there is actual proof to back this up.

THe reason they don't do well is because all they do is scrape the content and post it on the blog. Google doesn't rank the same content on the first page. Usually only the original will rank, and if both are ranking the original content will do CONSIDERABLY better than the scraped content.

IF this were the case I'd be autoblogging to death. Everyone would, lol.

This is the same as those automatic flash game sites. You can feed games to your site, but if you don't bother to write your own descriptions or atleast market your site, then it just wont work at all.

Autoblogs can work, if you supply the traffic for it, but they don't do as well in the SERPS as people make out.
Jason Perez O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:47 PM   #8
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JesusDiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 128
Thanks: 35
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post
As for your other question, it is hard to rank auto post content but I am doing tests with tumblr + twitter + pinterest + stumbleupon......... the traffic i am seeing is much more than if I was just going for google traffic. This being said I am also test another seo drip feeding method targeting only search traffic and am seeing good results.

For the search engine you will need some unique content of your own unless you are geo-targeting.
That sounds great, there's a auto social post plugin that post to many social sites.. that could work. I'll try.

Still haven't decided if I will be adding content manually.. it sounds like a lot of work... I prefer to do 10 sites with autoposts than 1 with manual content.
JesusDiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:48 PM   #9
misguided
War Room Member
 
Jason Perez O'Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 939
Thanks: 81
Thanked 218 Times in 170 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Also, this service:

Azoncart.com uses the protozon theme with WPZon. Perhaps you can query them with any help you might need, and see if they are willing to give some advice free of charge.

Here's their example site with WPZon:

Epson Expression Premium XP-600 Review - Best Photo Printers Reviews
Jason Perez O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:49 PM   #10
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
JesusDiaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 128
Thanks: 35
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post
Some get lucky and outrank the original page. Other then that, what proof do you have that they are doing well other than their word?

Serious question, I'm willing to believe this if there is actual proof to back this up.

THe reason they don't do well is because all they do is scrape the content and post it on the blog. Google doesn't rank the same content on the first page. Usually only the original will rank, and if both are ranking the original content will do CONSIDERABLY better than the scraped content.

IF this were the case I'd be autoblogging to death. Everyone would, lol.

This is the same as those automatic flash game sites. You can feed games to your site, but if you don't bother to write your own descriptions or atleast market your site, then it just wont work at all.

Autoblogs can work, if you supply the traffic for it, but they don't do as well in the SERPS as people make out.
Sounds absolutlely logical, I guess, I'll have to do it manually... omg, looks like a long weekend is coming to set my first amazon site.
JesusDiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:53 PM   #11
curnnburn.com
 
Danny Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 360
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post
Some get lucky and outrank the original page. Other then that, what proof do you have that they are doing well other than their word?

Serious question, I'm willing to believe this if there is actual proof to back this up.

THe reason they don't do well is because all they do is scrape the content and post it on the blog. Google doesn't rank the same content on the first page. Usually only the original will rank, and if both are ranking the original content will do CONSIDERABLY better than the scraped content.

IF this were the case I'd be autoblogging to death. Everyone would, lol.

This is the same as those automatic flash game sites. You can feed games to your site, but if you don't bother to write your own descriptions or atleast market your site, then it just wont work at all.

Autoblogs can work, if you supply the traffic for it, but they don't do as well in the SERPS as people make out.
You are right dude! I have only just started to test autoblogging and have seen some little tests that work. For instance my posts will auto have H2, H3, H4 title tags and sent out to social media sites for indexing. The best way is to use city targeting for auto blogs. Google will show your post on the first page if someone in that city searches for it. It is just a case of find high...ish traffic keywords for the city.

Danny Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:00 PM   #12
misguided
War Room Member
 
Jason Perez O'Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 939
Thanks: 81
Thanked 218 Times in 170 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodak View Post
Sounds absolutlely logical, I guess, I'll have to do it manually... omg, looks like a long weekend is coming to set my first amazon site.
Running review sites, or niche sites for that matter is a lot of hard work, if you hate writing content. That can't be denied.

You can get the same level of success outsourcing this, but you need the startup funds to do this.

Same for clickbank niche sites. You can either do the content yourself, or outsource it. If you do it yourself you have to learn to market your site AND put in the effort to write the content. Whereas if you had an expert on the topic write your content, you could solely focus on marketing (which is the bit I find the most fun).

Everything can be made easy, if either outsourced, or you enjoy doing it. Otherwise, there is no such thing as easy money, and don't believe anyone that says there is (if talking about free traffic building methods)!

Most of the easy money making methods usually require you to spend money to make it. For example, driving traffic to a squeeze page and sending pre-written autoresponder messages is quite easy in itself. Only because you don't mind being involved in the steps it takes to setup these paid campaigns, because they don't require as much writing and instead involve playing with stats and conversions. Keyword here being MOST. And it's not that it's easier, it's just quicker because of what it involves, but doesn't mean your working less or not trying as much.

A lot of what I said here can be twisted against me! bring it!
Jason Perez O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:01 PM   #13
curnnburn.com
 
Danny Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 360
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodak View Post
That sounds great, there's a auto social post plugin that post to many social sites.. that could work. I'll try.

Still haven't decided if I will be adding content manually.. it sounds like a lot of work... I prefer to do 10 sites with autoposts than 1 with manual content.
I use "snap pro" upgrade + multi license injunction with wp empire builder. I build one domain in to 10 (different niches) then auto post to social media sites. I have 5 sites set up like this (VPS) and the results so far are OK. I do make sales every day and only have to touch then once a week if that.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

Danny Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:03 PM   #14
misguided
War Room Member
 
Jason Perez O'Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 939
Thanks: 81
Thanked 218 Times in 170 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post
You are right dude! I have only just started to test autoblogging and have seen some little tests that work. For instance my posts will auto have H2, H3, H4 title tags and sent out to social media sites for indexing. The best way is to use city targeting for auto blogs. Google will show your post on the first page if someone in that city searches for it. It is just a case of find high...ish traffic keywords for the city.
You can target Amazon product terms at specific cities on google? I don't know much about this, too confusing
Jason Perez O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:09 PM   #15
curnnburn.com
 
Danny Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 360
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post
You can target Amazon product terms at specific cities on google? I don't know much about this, too confusing
Google places for business or G+ business pages will show up for most of the services in a city or state but when it comes to products google prefers to show results of reviews/sales/blah blah closer to the person searching. "Relevance"

You can easily target any geo location with your keyword strategy and a few local links.

All I can say is this is very easy in the UK, I have not tested the US yet?

Danny Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:19 PM   #16
misguided
War Room Member
 
Jason Perez O'Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 939
Thanks: 81
Thanked 218 Times in 170 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post
Google places for business or G+ business pages will show up for most of the services in a city or state but when it comes to products google prefers to show results of reviews/sales/blah blah closer to the person searching. "Relevance"

You can easily target any geo location with your keyword strategy and a few local links.

All I can say is this is very easy in the UK, I have not tested the US yet?
I know it does it for services, but for products? How?

If I'm doing an Amazon review, how can I geo-target that to a specific city? How does the review obtain a place of residence?
Jason Perez O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:24 PM   #17
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Chri5123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 2,467
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 498
Thanked 813 Times in 417 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Not sure about that set up - I have found a quality theme in Thesis, regular updated content that is 100% unique and WP Discount Finder does the trick for me.

The emphasis is on the updated content that is unique.

Chri5123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:32 PM   #18
curnnburn.com
 
Danny Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 360
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post
I know it does it for services, but for products? How?

If I'm doing an Amazon review, how can I geo-target that to a specific city? How does the review obtain a place of residence?
Keep this one quite! Add a date (3 months time) and use the (data highlighter) in WTools (add po address) also use co-citation to link your post with that local area. I do not want to say to much but give it a test.

On the other hand I know I could rank page one for a local search term like "Software updates in London" within days. The trick is to miss the services and catch the low hanging (product) fruit.

Danny Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:38 PM   #19
curnnburn.com
 
Danny Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 360
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chri5123 View Post
Not sure about that set up - I have found a quality theme in Thesis, regular updated content that is 100% unique and WP Discount Finder does the trick for me.

The emphasis is on the updated content that is unique.
I agree Chris. I buy up 60 articles a month for my "long term" sites. How are you ranking your content? I am doing a few simple steps and crushing it. It may change? But at this time is working on every post. Even my tags hit page 2!!

Danny Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:44 PM   #20
misguided
War Room Member
 
Jason Perez O'Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 939
Thanks: 81
Thanked 218 Times in 170 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post
I agree Chris. I buy up 60 articles a month for my "long term" sites. How are you ranking your content? I am doing a few simple steps and crushing it. It may change? But at this time is working on every post. Even my tags hit page 2!!
But then you have to know where the product gets ordered most from? Or do you tag the pages with tons of PO boxes?

Or have I got it completely wrong?
Jason Perez O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 01:55 PM   #21
curnnburn.com
 
Danny Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 360
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post
But then you have to know where the product gets ordered most from? Or do you tag the pages with tons of PO boxes?

Or have I got it completely wrong?
Just 1 tag. You can not over do it or G will spank you. For instance: Original article on building tools >> tag with a city/state/date/time/location (wt) >> Co-citation (mention related services in that city/state with zero comp to yourself) + link out to a few >> Local links = City targeted product review. The tagging does not have to be for the product itself. It could be for a future competition in that area.

PS: This is not a technique I use all the time. This is only for very high comp KW's. Most of my marketing is worldwide and have no trouble ranking for traffic.

Danny Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 02:25 PM   #22
misguided
War Room Member
 
Jason Perez O'Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 939
Thanks: 81
Thanked 218 Times in 170 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post
Just 1 tag. You can not over do it or G will spank you. For instance: Original article on building tools >> tag with a city/state/date/time/location (wt) >> Co-citation (mention related services in that city/state with zero comp to yourself) + link out to a few >> Local links = City targeted product review. The tagging does not have to be for the product itself. It could be for a future competition in that area.

PS: This is not a technique I use all the time. This is only for very high comp KW's. Most of my marketing is worldwide and have no trouble ranking for traffic.
I see!

Think I'll skip it then. I used to do product review sites with wordpress, and backlink. It works, but I used blog networks so I got spanked biggggg time. They still work (wordpress review sites that is, not blog networks). They were based on certain products, perhaps a little broader. I was limiting my earnings so much, going for exact match domains.

The problem is once someone has used your site to purchase a product, the chances they are going to need the same product again sometime soon is very unlikely. And if the product broke, they aren't exactly going to trust your site for a review of the same type of product again.

This meant I needed more than one site to bump up my earnings, and to go for higher searched keywords because otherwise I'd have 100's of domains, to make it worthwhile (so I needed backlinks). This wouldn't be the case if the products I were recommending were based on the niche I participated in, but in this case my sites were solely about the products and that's it (harder to market outside the Google Search Engine like this).

So any informational post would be about that product type.

So I went looking at other big sites, and saw what a proper authoritive review site looks like, and I found sites like consumersearch, reviewed.com and consumerreports.org .

The way they run their review business allows them to market very easily across many marketing channels, not just the search engines, plus it promotes return traffic. So now I don't backlink at all, I just have a team of writers properly collect facts about products, and present them in a review format professionally. The idea here being that these reviews simply tell visitors what the product does, how it does it, when it was available, whether it's worth the money, explains the features, what they do and compares them to other similar products.

Basically guiding the consumer through the selection process of a product, by giving them a buyers guide, and presenting them with information about the product and explaining the ins and outs. Once I've successfully helped the consumer choose the right product, I provide them with a list of places they can buy these, in order of lowest to highest price. Attached to each type of products are informational articles, and news segments regarding that niche.

I find this to be a more rewarding but costly route to running a product review business/site. More professional too.

However that's not to say authority review wordpress sites do not work, because they do, and I'll be providing a site creation service soon to build review sites like I use to do them, because they convert extremely well.

Since I don't build them anymore, I don't see a problem building them for others because I know they work, and in turn I add another revenue source

- Sorry went off topic!! Yikes
Jason Perez O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd February 2013, 02:35 PM   #23
curnnburn.com
 
Danny Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 360
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

@Jason Perez O'Connor My new site has a broad reach and you are right that small niche sites are hit and miss. I like to keep my fingers in all pies (where possible) just in case one thing takes off. (big repeat) PM me dude because I think we could come up with something cool. (JV) IE: Authority review site mixed with "secret backlinking" and social media on auto. ..... If not good luck dude.

Danny Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th February 2013, 06:00 AM   #24
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
David Sahel's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 57
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Amazon Site: Protozon theme + WP Zon Bot

Nice way if you have some money, and thanks Danny for sharing this secret with us- if you cannot afford this then you need to work harder
David Sahel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post
I use "snap pro" upgrade + multi license injunction with wp empire builder. I build one domain in to 10 (different niches) then auto post to social media sites. I have 5 sites set up like this (VPS) and the results so far are OK. I do make sales every day and only have to touch then once a week if that.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

Use AmaSPY - amazon research software to choose Best Amazon products to promote + FREE SimpleAzon WP Plugin & Affil. Training CLICK HERE http://amaSPY.net/bot

High Ticket Products List Includes 414 Big Commission Products from AMAZON-
http://highticketharvest.com/90lk
David Sahel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
amazon, bot, protozon, site, theme, zon

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.