Damn you Clickbank! Product approval "Rejected"...

by smodha 37 replies
Hey WF,

I have just received my first Clickbank rejection (weep, weep). I submitted all the correct "paperwork" but the computer said 'no'.

What are my options? Should I look at other marketplaces? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks.

Sanj.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #approval #clickbank #damn #product #rejected
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
    What type of product is it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7827440].message }}
  • Sorry to hear that.

    You could put it on Warrior Plus, JVZoo, or E-Junkie.
    Signature
    Need Music For Your Videos, Podcasts, Sites, etc? Get It Now On My YouTube Channel!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7827470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author troy23
    Was it anything to do with making money with Google or Facebook?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7827548].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author smodha
      Originally Posted by troy23 View Post

      Was it anything to do with making money with Google or Facebook?
      Making money with Tumblr.
      Signature
      I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7827561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eshoppingez
    I'm sorry to hear that. Why don't you ask them the reason for rejection first. You can go for other marketplaces like jvzoo, warriorplus, ejunkie etc, but clickbank is, understandably, better than them. So, don't give up yet. All the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7827667].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    If you ask them they will tell you why, then it would be a matter of just making the required changes. Could be as little as one little thing you forgot to include
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7827675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Anytime I have submitted a product and it has been rejected, they always provide a list of exact reasons as to why it was not approved. I then make those changes and boom, it gets approved.

    Just follow exactly what they have told you in the support ticket.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    If it's the product in your signature, first of all Clickbank will only give retailers a maximum of I think around $100 for their first product. They probably would not let a new member sell a $497 product.

    Second of all, you are using a number of images on the page (such as Albert Einstein) that would appear to be copyrighted.

    Third of all, the sales page design just sucks, to be honest. It really does not present a professional product. It looks very tacky and cheap. I would struggle to buy anything from a page that looks like that -- let alone something for nearly $500! No way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author art72
    Wow... gotta agree, your salespage needs some serious work if you think your gonna get $500 sales. Personally, I wouldn't pay $27, and that seems the average the guru's charge for their 'out-of-the-park' next best grandslams.

    Think about it, they pull $200k launches with $27 products, then upsell and downsell... you leave yourself in almost zero chance of making a sale at that price. If the product provides value (*which I'm not saying it doesn't) - get it out there, charge a fair price $27, $47, maybe $97 max, and build your rep, add some upsells or other products...

    Have you made any sales as of yet?

    Just kidding, that was a rhetorical question, lol.

    I second the matter that that sales page is a lawsuit waiting to happen, not sure George would be too happy or Einstein for the matter.

    Good Luck!

    Art
    Signature
    Coming Soon... *Laser Targeted Lead Generation Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828484].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Is this the product they rejected?

    http://www.tumblrtrafficbooster.com/

    If so, good.

    There's enough bullshit in the marketplace without adding more to it.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khooster1
    I think $497 price tag is outrageous high.

    Can you consider selling it at low front around $9.90?
    You can always upsell with a bigger ticket item.

    Don't think you can find much success with this price. Seriously!!

    Originally Posted by smodha View Post

    Hey WF,

    I have just received my first Clickbank rejection (weep, weep). I submitted all the correct "paperwork" but the computer said 'no'.

    What are my options? Should I look at other marketplaces? If so, any recommendations?

    Thanks.

    Sanj.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828556].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
    That sales page trying to sell a $500 product is like the kid working at WalMart in the children's bikes section trying to sell a Ferrari.

    Either hire someone to redo it or drop the price substantially (like down to $10-$12).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828590].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
      Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

      That sales page trying to sell a $500 product is like the kid working at WalMart in the children's bikes section trying to sell a Ferrari.
      And everybody's going to laugh and tell him what an idiot he is until he sells one.

      Price points are just pulled out of your arse anyway. It's worth what you can convince them it's worth. I would argue that he's not trying to sell to Warriors.

      The single biggest complaint I hear from successful marketers is "I don't charge enough."

      The single most common piece of advice I hear them giving is "charge more."

      I heard Andy Jenkins on a phone call with Jeff Walker saying he was planning on selling Video Boss at the $47 price point. Jeff said he should make it $497. He did. It sold.

      When that video was leaked, this forum exploded with people bitching about how outrageous it was to mark up the price that much without adding any more features or content. Why, how dare he do such a thing.

      Meanwhile, he cleared what? Five million in gross sales on the first day?

      Man, he sure should have paid attention to these Warriors, all right.
      Signature
      "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828614].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author art72
        Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

        And everybody's going to laugh and tell him what an idiot he is until he sells one.

        Price points are just pulled out of your arse anyway. It's worth what you can convince them it's worth. I would argue that he's not trying to sell to Warriors.

        The single biggest complaint I hear from successful marketers is "I don't charge enough."

        The single most common piece of advice I hear them giving is "charge more."

        I heard Andy Jenkins on a phone call with Jeff Walker saying he was planning on selling Video Boss at the $47 price point. Jeff said he should make it $497. He did. It sold.

        When that video was leaked, this forum exploded with people bitching about how outrageous it was to mark up the price that much without adding any more features or content. Why, how dare he do such a thing.

        Meanwhile, he cleared what? Five million in gross sales on the first day?

        Man, he sure should have paid attention to these Warriors, all right.
        From an affiliate standpoint, I look for high ticket items in certain niches, so this does resonate some hard truth. However, until he gets some decent copy done, I don't see it happening.
        Signature
        Coming Soon... *Laser Targeted Lead Generation Services
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828650].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
        Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

        And everybody's going to laugh and tell him what an idiot he is until he sells one.

        Price points are just pulled out of your arse anyway. It's worth what you can convince them it's worth. I would argue that he's not trying to sell to Warriors.

        The single biggest complaint I hear from successful marketers is "I don't charge enough."

        The single most common piece of advice I hear them giving is "charge more."

        I heard Andy Jenkins on a phone call with Jeff Walker saying he was planning on selling Video Boss at the $47 price point. Jeff said he should make it $497. He did. It sold.

        When that video was leaked, this forum exploded with people bitching about how outrageous it was to mark up the price that much without adding any more features or content. Why, how dare he do such a thing.

        Meanwhile, he cleared what? Five million in gross sales on the first day?

        Man, he sure should have paid attention to these Warriors, all right.
        Uh... Dude... part of marketing is packaging. The packaging for a digital
        product is the website it's being sold from. This cat's website isn't a pimple
        on the ass of the site Andy Jenkins created for Video Boss and this guy ain't
        no Andy Jenkins. This guy will be lucky to sell a single unit from that site at any
        price.
        Signature
        If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828771].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
        Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

        When that video was leaked, this forum exploded with people bitching about how outrageous it was to mark up the price that much without adding any more features or content. Why, how dare he do such a thing.
        I think the outrage was moreso over Andy Jenkins talking about how he was going to present it as a magic bullet even though it wasn't (his words, not mine).

        Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

        Meanwhile, he cleared what? Five million in gross sales on the first day?
        The gurus at the top make up all sorts of bogus sales figures. They do it so that you'll buy their next product. "Well if he sold FIVE MILLION DOLLARS last time, then I better listen to him!" The reality is their figures are much less.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evocess
    Oh sorry for that.
    Did they give you some reasons why your product was rejected?
    If so, please follow those instructions.

    Either way, don't hesitate to contact them and ask why your product is being rejected.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sue McDonald
    Far too overpriced and after I looked at the sales copy, I wouldn't pay anything like that for this product.

    You cannot have a Paypal button when you are on Clickbank. All monies paid go through Clickbank.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author art72
    I'm going to start a new thread entitled; "READ THE DAMN THREAD B4 YOU POST!"

    People jump on threads shouting advice likened to a drunk on a mechanical bull in a honky bar...

    I believe the reason the 'product' was rejected has clearly been diagnosed by resident professionals, and NO platform will likely accept 'copyright' infringed materials, nor a $497 product from a complete newcomer with an unprofessional sales page, which implies; little to no practical reason to accept such rubbish.

    *Sure, the product 'could be' a home run, but the other 3 facts haven't changed!
    Signature
    Coming Soon... *Laser Targeted Lead Generation Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828762].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author smodha
      Originally Posted by art72 View Post

      I'm going to start a new thread entitled; "READ THE DAMN THREAD B4 YOU POST!"

      People jump on threads shouting advice likened to a drunk on a mechanical bull in a honky bar...

      I believe the reason the 'product' was rejected has clearly been diagnosed by resident professionals, and NO platform will likely accept 'copyright' infringed materials, nor a $497 product from a complete newcomer with an unprofessional sales page, which implies; little to no practical reason to accept such rubbish.

      *Sure, the product 'could be' a home run, but the other 3 facts haven't changed!
      True say, WF is starting to become the number #1 place to rant. It used to be constructive...
      Signature
      I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7829044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SunilTanna
    Clickbank might also have an opinion about usin tumblr in the domain name, surely that's a tm?
    Signature
    ClickBank Vendor?
    - Protect Your Thank You Pages & Downloads
    - Give Your Affiliates Multiple Landing Pages (Video Demo)
    - Killer Graphics for Your Site
    SPECIAL WSO PRICES FOR WARRIORS + GET THE "CLICKBANK DISCOUNT" TOO!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828987].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MrMonetize
      Originally Posted by SunilTanna View Post

      Clickbank might also have an opinion about usin tumblr in the domain name, surely that's a tm?
      I believe thats spot on..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7828991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smodha
    Thanks for the feedback folks, both positive and negative (harsh!).

    I'll speak to Clickbank because they haven't actually given me any specific feedback as yet.
    Signature
    I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7829039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    If you actually are infringing on copyright - there's no way to be gentle about that one. It is also a reason that CB wouldn't accept it. If it's infringed - you'll be lucky not to get sued. I hope that whole conversation was just sarcasm.
    Signature

    Sal
    New PLR - Disaster prep duo report pkg: The Art of the Graceful Bug out, and Preparing Pets for a Disaster. - PM me for report details.
    Quality PLR Ebooks and Reports:
    Mind/Language - Weight, - Pet/Dog - Disaster - 2011 Earthquake Report - Hair Care

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7829073].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author smodha
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      If you actually are infringing on copyright - there's no way to be gentle about that one. It is also a reason that CB wouldn't accept it. If it's infringed - you'll be lucky not to get sued. I hope that whole conversation was just sarcasm.
      Yeah, that's a serious point and very constructive.
      Signature
      I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7829086].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
        Apart from
        - the Paypal button
        - $487 price tag
        - sales page design
        - use of tumblr in the domain name
        - copyright infringement

        I don't see a problem



        .
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7829223].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author smodha
          Originally Posted by Harvey Segal View Post

          Apart from
          - the Paypal button
          - $487 price tag
          - sales page design
          - use of tumblr in the domain name
          - copyright infringement

          I don't see a problem



          .
          Thanks Harvey, I'll call them later. They run on Mountain Standard Time (whatever that is) which is -6 GMT.

          Apart from "Tumblr" in the domain name and I can remedy the rest pretty easily.
          Signature
          I Sell What People Want. The Money Is A Bonus..
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7829245].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by smodha View Post

            Apart from "Tumblr" in the domain name and I can remedy the rest pretty easily.
            You say "apart from Tumblr in the domain-name" almost as if you imagine that isn't necessarily much of a problem?!

            It is a problem.

            The reason ClickBank probably won't allow that is that they're unlikely to be willing to be associated with the risk you're extremely unwisely taking yourself, by using someone else's registered trademark in your domain-name. This thread - and/or many other similar ones - may help you to appreciate the seriousness of that, and how urgently you need to correct it (whether trying to use ClickBank or not): http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post7663914
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7829279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MartinPlatt
    Didn't it tell you in the ticket why it was refused? Usually it does. You go into my setting, my products from memory, then click the ticket in the rightmost column (from memory!)

    It should tell you what it is, and whatever it is, just do it, and resubmit. They're not unreasonable people there, so most of the time it will then get approved.

    Could be something like you sound like you're making false claims, or have missed putting something in that you need. Bet it will be something simple though.
    Signature

    Martin Platt

    martin-platt.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7829234].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics