Bluehost is getting unreliable, hosting suggestions?

by Curtis2011 79 replies
I have used Bluehost for a few years now. They are a good value for the price but recently (last 6-12 months) I have noticed that my sites that are hosted with them go down a lot.

I will be working on a site, trying to put content up or something, and suddenly the site just doesn't load. Sometimes this lasts for up to a few hours. I'll come back to my site later in the day and occasionally it still doesn't load. Then I'll come back at night and finally the site will be working. But in the meantime I've lost valuable time that I wanted to use working on my site. Also the visitors can't be too happy about it either.

(Before you suggest it, no, it is not a problem with my internet)

So... I need hosting suggestions. Ideally I'd like a shared hosting plan similar to what Bluehost offers. But I need something that is reliable and doesn't have so much downtime as Bluehost has (seriously, I get downtime with Bluehost at least once every other week while I'm working on my site, it's ridiculous).

Suggestions for reliable hosting?
#main internet marketing discussion forum #bluehost #hosting #suggestions #unreliable
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author marketingva
    Hi,

    I like JustHost. I was working on a client site adding a subdomain on BlueHost and they claimed that action wiped out our main database. When they reloaded a 24 hour old backup it was missing several critical files. The technical service person was completely unhelpful.

    Bonnie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8198729].message }}
    Signature

    Magic Wand Author Services helps writers polish their manuscripts and connect to readers.
    http://www.mwauthorservices.com

  • Profile picture of the author greenowl123
    Been using HawkHost for about 2 years now and am very pleased with them...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8198810].message }}
    Signature
    Free 40-page eBook "How To Earn With CPA Offers"
    + 14 Free Traffic Training Videos -
    Click here now. (no opt-in required)

  • Profile picture of the author MichaelNz
    Using hostgator and everythings been fine so far. also they use wind power to power all their servers and equipment which is a plus.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8198835].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jewels2me
      Originally Posted by MichaelNz View Post

      Using hostgator and everythings been fine so far. also they use wind power to power all their servers and equipment which is a plus.
      HostGator WAS awesome but they were bought last year and they moved my VPS last month to a Bluehost server and it's been down more times in a month than the whole time it was hostgator.

      hostgator = bluehost
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8243591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 10kaday
    What i like is hostgator , i use them for most of my sites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8198845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XinYun
    HostGator is a reliable alternative, their baby plan is not only cheap but also reliable, exactly something you're looking for. I personally have used them during my initial business startup.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8198849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author firentire
    Curtis2011, do you have specific requirements in mind?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8199387].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wordwizard
      I'd like to add my own vote for Hostgator. They're reliable, user friendly, AND they have 24/7 customer support that's knowledgeable, helpful, and very, very patient.

      Plus the baby plan is a great deal, as XinYun pointed out. I've been with them for years now and have several accounts including a reseller account. Love them!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8199454].message }}
      Signature

      HAPPY NEW YEAR SALE
      on sales letters, (pre-sell) reports & email series!
      FREE Training & Software/Plugins CLICK HERE to Join My IM Facebook Group!
      • Profile picture of the author terestsr
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8227060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sminozzi
    Hi,

    Been using softlayer.com for about 5 years now and am very pleased with them...
    Regards,

    Bill
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8199459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author srip
    My site hosting with hostgator and its fine for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8199901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author owais211
      Banned
      My vote is for HostGator

      - Extremely affordable pricing

      - They have an extensive security custom firewall that protects its server

      - 99.9% Uptime guarantee.

      - Availability of customer supports via telephone, email and live chat
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8199988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CyberAlien
    I've been with HostGator for years and never considered moving hosts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200041].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    What is your Current requirements for your websites, I mean how much disk space and Bandwidth you need.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200048].message }}
    Signature
    Internet Marketing Blog:- www.imbloggingtips.com
    • Profile picture of the author dallin1990
      godaddy
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200142].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph G Spiteri
        Can't go wrong with Hostgator.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200150].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Donimo
        Originally Posted by dallin1990 View Post

        godaddy
        Ohh no... Please no.

        You did not just recommend GoDaddy shared hosting right? Oh man..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8244439].message }}
        Signature
        Sendorika
        The cheap, newbie friendly, and super high quality autoresponder.



        Want to become a beta tester for Sendorika? PM me and we can discuss further!
        Twitter: @Sendorika !
  • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
    Funny, 90% of the comments are recommending companies owned by the same exact parent company. You're bound to have similar problems.

    What are your requirements? I'd recommend checking the hosting offers section however, read the threads entirely as some so called web hosts have advertised too good to be true packages and then provide poor service.

    Web Hosting Offers

    At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. When you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys.

    What's your max budget and requirements? What types of sites are you looking to host and what additional features are you looking for?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200420].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Curtis2011
      Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

      What's your max budget and requirements? What types of sites are you looking to host and what additional features are you looking for?
      Honestly I don't know my requirements.

      I am building static websites that currently have low traffic but of course, plan to have high traffic in the future. They are non-interactive sites, just html+css with no programming elements.

      I really just need a host that is reliable and has high uptime, and high page load speed. Bluehost is just getting ridiculous, almost every single day I work on my websites I end up with a bare minimum of 10 minutes of downtime, which I think is quite high. And that is only the downtime I see while I am working (a few hours a day). I can't imagine how much downtime there is in a 24 hour period!

      My budget... probably $30/month max. Preferably lower, at least for now while my traffic levels are low.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8203596].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
        Originally Posted by Curtis2011 View Post

        Honestly I don't know my requirements.

        I am building static websites that currently have low traffic but of course, plan to have high traffic in the future. They are non-interactive sites, just html+css with no programming elements.

        I really just need a host that is reliable and has high uptime, and high page load speed. Bluehost is just getting ridiculous, almost every single day I work on my websites I end up with a bare minimum of 10 minutes of downtime, which I think is quite high. And that is only the downtime I see while I am working (a few hours a day). I can't imagine how much downtime there is in a 24 hour period!

        My budget... probably $30/month max. Preferably lower, at least for now while my traffic levels are low.
        When you move away from the "unlimited" realm of service, you'll find better service. Of course, you'll get 500 people here on the forum that tell you otherwise and that these large, unlimited everything companies are the next best thing since sliced bread.

        I'd advise checking around with some smaller companies & asking some questions to see how they respond.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8204079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jcadrin
    HostGator all the way!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DJL
    Here is another vote for HawkHost.
    I have found their service to be rock solid, with excellent tech support.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200730].message }}
    Signature

    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Elective Affinities (1809)

  • Profile picture of the author pressreleaseagency
    justhost and bluehost are sister companies. for 100% uptime, you can go to jauguarpc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200771].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ZerocooI
      I have been a customer with Hostgator for a couple years. I monitor the downtime on my website with SiteUptime - Website Monitoring Service and have only had 5 min's down in the last 2 months. Page load times are great. Hostgator has alot of customers but they don't seem to oversell the servers so its not a problem.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200806].message }}
      Signature
      For the most up to date Coupons, Sales and Discounts visit: zuziko.com
  • Profile picture of the author Igor Fridrihs
    Hey,

    I use iPage and GVO. Both are good enough for hosting. Some reviews for iPage show that their hosting is the best for quality/cost.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8200899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kpmedia
    Bluehost = Hostgator = JustHost = 50+ other "brands" to hide who they are.
    It's the same company -- EIG.
    Leave EIG. Avoid those fake "top 10" lists that only list EIG companies. They're not there to help you.
    Try somebody good for a change, like Stablehost (not "unlimited") or Site5 (unlimited).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8207029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    You should consider Yahoo Web Hosting. Their uptime is great, unlimited storage, 24/7 support, security tools, SSL, blog hosting, secure FTP, a website builder, a cheap price, and the list goes on and on. Hostgator is pretty good too, but i like Yahoo better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8207338].message }}
    Signature

    <a href="https://www.fiverr.com/articlesucces...ting-in-72-hrs" style="color: #0000ff; font-size: 11px;" target="_blank">I will write 10, 500-word articles on Internet Marketing in 72 hours</a>

  • Profile picture of the author Radioheada
    Hostgator
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8207375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    It's funny how HostGator say they eat up the competition when most of the competition is owned by EIG.

    Choose a non EIG owned host such as Stablehost.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8207555].message }}
    Signature

  • Profile picture of the author jivens
    Banned
    Site5.

    They have a free 30 day trial and are among the cheapest I've seen. They have the best support ever and an easy interface. I've been using them for about a year now and I couldn't be happier with them!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8207618].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
    I have hosted with bluehost as well and now I am with host gator. Host gator is my preferred choice I like them much better especially for their customer service.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8207628].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bretski
      I use Bluehost and Hostgator. Although I've noticed the same thing from time to time, I still like their shared hosting... it's cheap and the uptime is usually pretty good. I know that they've had some issues with hackers over the past few months on some accounts but I like their support so I'm probably going to keep my Bluehost stuff where it is and hope that things improve.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8207647].message }}
      Signature
      ***Affordable Quality Content Written For You!***
      Experience Content Writer - PM Bretski!
  • Profile picture of the author koreancowboy
    I find it interesting that most people here are recommending Host Gator because of their customer service...

    I'm recommending Media Temple, because I haven't ever had to use their customer service.

    In the past seven years.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8207721].message }}
    Signature

    I provide consulting for companies that use Adobe AEM...you can check out what I've done so far.

  • Profile picture of the author AZMD
    Early on I used godaddy for hosting and had many problems. Upon moving away from them I switched half of my sites to Hostgator and the other half to BlueHost. I can say that without a doubt Hostgator has performed the best for me so far.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8207761].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author runningonjuice
    Thanks for all your thought. All my sites are bluehost and I have also noticed a deteriorating level of service.

    I want to launch a few new sites and on the strength of this thread will give the Hostgator guys a try.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8221533].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
      Originally Posted by runningonjuice View Post

      Thanks for all your thought. All my sites are bluehost and I have also noticed a deteriorating level of service.

      I want to launch a few new sites and on the strength of this thread will give the Hostgator guys a try.
      HostGator = BlueHost = HostMonster = JustHost = 50+ other brands. They're all the same company.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8221538].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cooler1
      Originally Posted by runningonjuice View Post

      Thanks for all your thought. All my sites are bluehost and I have also noticed a deteriorating level of service.

      I want to launch a few new sites and on the strength of this thread will give the Hostgator guys a try.
      Dude. Stablehost is where you want to go. Fast, stable and low cost with responsive support.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8221615].message }}
      Signature

  • Profile picture of the author Krisz Rokk
    Hostgator: great customer service, very reliable.
    Stablehost is also a good option.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8221773].message }}
    Signature
  • Profile picture of the author incognito19
    Consider having more than one too. At least a cheap one in case of emergency, like when your hosting company decides to put your sites on hold or something similar. I like Hostgator and JustHost, not so much iPage and Fatcow. Will tru HawkHost and StableHost next. Also keeping an eye with a tool like pingdom is always a good idea.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8221815].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kpmedia
      Originally Posted by incognito19 View Post

      Consider having more than one too. At least a cheap one in case of emergency, like when your hosting company decides to put your sites on hold or something similar. I like Hostgator and JustHost, not so much iPage and Fatcow. Will tru HawkHost and StableHost next. Also keeping an eye with a tool like pingdom is always a good idea.
      Hostgator = JustHost = iPage = Fatcow
      All are EIG companies.
      JustHost, iPage, Fatcow are run by the same sub-company and are EXACTLY the same.
      The datacenter, the support folks, etc. 100% identical. You're been duped.
      The easy tell? All use vDeck, the EIG panel.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223651].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
        Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post

        Hostgator = JustHost = iPage = Fatcow
        All are EIG companies.
        JustHost, iPage, Fatcow are run by the same sub-company and are EXACTLY the same.
        The datacenter, the support folks, etc. 100% identical. You're been duped.
        The easy tell? All use vDeck, the EIG panel.
        Crazy talk! They've all got different names!!!!!! :rolleyes:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jcadrin
    I think Hostgator is the go to.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223694].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Plugin Profits
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223732].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author heavysm
        If cost is a worry just move to mdd or stablehost. Both have coupon offers at webhostingtalk; get a years worth of shared hosting for like $35ish. Can't beat the price for the performance you get.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GoForJacob
    A second for Media Temple. Them or VPS.NET. They're pricier, but they're a premium service.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223750].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
      Never had any problems with BH

      What I love about them is their customer service, I literally have their number on speed dial.

      If for what ever reason, some technical mumbo-jumbo comes up, I know who to call and they can always fix it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223774].message }}
      Signature
      • Profile picture of the author Plugin Profits
        Just cause they're owned by the same parent company doesn't mean they are all run the same. They didn't start these companies up from scratch and then use different names for the same company. The got them by acquiring already well established hosting companies over time. So most of the time the pre acquisition customer support and everything stayed in place after they were purchased.

        I'm with Bluehost, and while I've never noticed the sites going down, my emails have never worked in my mail program. They won't save the sent emails and won't delete emails! Can only send to the trash folder by moving it there as opposed to the delete button and then have to wait until it is auto emptied.

        Their support seems fine, they have live chat and all that. I've just been way too busy to bother asking them about it, keep forgetting.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223781].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
          Originally Posted by Plugin Profits View Post

          Just cause they're owned by the same parent company doesn't mean they are all run the same. They didn't start these companies up from scratch and then use different names for the same company. The got them by acquiring already well established hosting companies over time. So most of the time the pre acquisition customer support and everything stayed in place after they were purchased.

          I'm with Bluehost, and while I've never noticed the sites going down, my emails have never worked in my mail program. They won't save the sent emails and won't delete emails! Can only send to the trash folder by moving it there as opposed to the delete button and then have to wait until it is auto emptied.

          Their support seems fine, they have live chat and all that. I've just been way too busy to bother asking them about it, keep forgetting.
          If you've ever been around for any of the EIG transitions, watch closely over the next few years. The majority of everything will be migrated over to their own overloaded hardware & same support teams, good, high paid techs will be let go etc etc.

          EIG has had some nightmare transitions in the past. Their motto is maximize profits and cut costs, which leaves you, the customer running on aging hardware jam packed with accounts.

          The companies that they acquire are only the size they are because of one reason: Affiliates, which I'm sure you'd had to notice the increase amount of complaints about people not getting paid for their commissions for some ridiculous reason. Refer a customer, then that customer leaves after 60 days & they yank your commission. That's a scam if I've ever seen one.

          Increased number of security issues.

          Constant "loading" of Wordpress or anything related to MySQL

          They ALL attempt to remove the backup feature from cPanel OR limit it so that you cannot run a full backup if over XX size. To me, that's B/S & something we have to deal with on a daily basis when doing migrations. Or the other one, they try to hide the feature so that the average use can't find it.

          Sorry, I'm not buying it and would never recommend any of these companies to anyone. Even selling the "unlimited" this & that is blatantly lying to their customers, but hey when looking for the cheapest you can get, I guess the quality doesn't matter.

          I'd recommend plenty of other competitors over EIG hosts any day.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223839].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Plugin Profits
            Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

            If you've ever been around for any of the EIG transitions, watch closely over the next few years. The majority of everything will be migrated over to their own overloaded hardware & same support teams, good, high paid techs will be let go etc etc.

            EIG has had some nightmare transitions in the past. Their motto is maximize profits and cut costs, which leaves you, the customer running on aging hardware jam packed with accounts.

            The companies that they acquire are only the size they are because of one reason: Affiliates, which I'm sure you'd had to notice the increase amount of complaints about people not getting paid for their commissions for some ridiculous reason. Refer a customer, then that customer leaves after 60 days & they yank your commission. That's a scam if I've ever seen one.

            Increased number of security issues.

            Constant "loading" of Wordpress or anything related to MySQL

            They ALL attempt to remove the backup feature from cPanel OR limit it so that you cannot run a full backup if over XX size. To me, that's B/S & something we have to deal with on a daily basis when doing migrations. Or the other one, they try to hide the feature so that the average use can't find it.

            Sorry, I'm not buying it and would never recommend any of these companies to anyone. Even selling the "unlimited" this & that is blatantly lying to their customers, but hey when looking for the cheapest you can get, I guess the quality doesn't matter.

            I'd recommend plenty of other competitors over EIG hosts any day.

            Thanks for the info! Guess I'll be looking to switch to a non EIG hosting co now since they're doing this to Bluehost now. Good to know.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8224437].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author kpmedia
          Originally Posted by Plugin Profits View Post

          Just cause they're owned by the same parent company doesn't mean they are all run the same. ......e. So most of the time the pre acquisition customer support and everything stayed in place after they were purchased... I'm with Bluehost, and while I've never noticed the sites going down
          That's not at all true. Given time, EIG always move servers, fires existing support, etc. This has happened at any host they owned for longer than 1-2 years. Give it time. That's something they've repeated for years now, for almost a decade. From what I've seen, BH and HG are starting to be consolidated. ASO is next, I'd imagine. Let's keep watching the horror unfold!

          Just because you don't notice problem doesn't mean you're not effected. Monitor it. I think you'd be surprised if you run 3x checks every 3-5 minutes to see what going on.

          I keep my stuff at MUCH better hosts. If you're smart, you'd do the same. Get away from the EIG monster.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8228240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
    Banned
    Yeah it was previously bought over by EIG a couple months back and heard it changed a lot.

    You can check out some of the following options; these are either ones I've read to have a good reputation or ones we've tried ourselves:
    - HostDime: good support, server speed can be questionable at times
    - StableHost: Cheap, good, fast support - had an account there
    - HawkHost: A smaller company slightly more pricey than stablehost but very good rep.

    Also have a shared hosting with namecheap and so far the speed is reasonable though their server security isn't the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bwh1
    I guess you will fight some problems with any shared server hosting.

    Did you try VPS?

    That most probably solves the problem but cost more.

    G.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8223965].message }}
    Signature

    Affiliates Wanted! Make anywhere from 42,- to $72 in commissions. Simply Recommend the Best QuickBooks Pro Video Course available at Clickbank.

  • Profile picture of the author Curtis2011
    After all of your input, I went and found this.

    That's a lot of web hosts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8224072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eClicker
    I would have to say Hostgator for now. I have never had any problems with them I also use Namecheap.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8224124].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hometutor
      My one and I hold, legatible, problem with Bluehost and Hostmonster (same company) is if I have a TOS violation, last time due to a hack, they shut down ALL my sites under the same account, thus making the customer a victim twice. The next time they do that to me they will hear from my attorney.

      Rick
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8225973].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
        Originally Posted by hometutor View Post

        My one and I hold, legatible, problem with Bluehost and Hostmonster (same company) is if I have a TOS violation, last time due to a hack, they shut down ALL my sites under the same account, thus making the customer a victim twice. The next time they do that to me they will hear from my attorney.

        Rick
        If you have a bunch of addon domains on a cPanel account you'll run into this problem. 1 solution to keep things separate would be to use a reseller account.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8226420].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author kpmedia
          Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

          If you have a bunch of addon domains on a cPanel account you'll run into this problem. 1 solution to keep things separate would be to use a reseller account.
          Reseller accounts provide isolation, as it's multiple accounts under one reseller.

          Shared isn't. It's one account. It's bad for both security, and having to be entirely disabled. Hosts rarely disable a whole reseller, but rather single accounts under it.

          Technically, reseller is shared hosting, but it's on level up from what most hosts call "shared".
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8227430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author prem khaira
      Banned
      Hostgator is my fav! I've been using them for almost 3 years now and i would definitely vouch for them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8244456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Erick Griffin
    I would have to agree with Namecheap
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8224186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marketing321
    I would suggest the BrainHost. $ 8 per month and looks reliable enough with good customer service.
    Unlimited Disk Space
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    Unlimited E-mail
    Unlimited Domain Hosting
    Free Website Builder
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    $125 Free Advertising Credits
    1-Click Script Installs
    cPanel Control Panel
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee

    What do you think?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8224382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kpmedia
      Originally Posted by Marketing321 View Post

      I would suggest the BrainHost. $ 8 per month and looks reliable enough with good customer service.
      ..... What do you think?
      That one of the 5 WORST hosts I've ever used. Some of the things they'd do and say simply floored me. And understand I'm no newbie, and have done this for about 20 years now (1990s). Stay far, far away from BrainHost. Even Godady and EIG aren't that bad, and that's saying something!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8224636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flmaec
    try stablehost,trust me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8224667].message }}
    Signature
  • Profile picture of the author Ntech25
    I have been using freshwebsitehosting.com since I closed my bluehost account. I also had to close down my hostgator account since it looks like the same company that owns bluehost purchased hostgator.

    I been happy with freshwebsitehosting.com and I can also recommend hostnine, I been using them for 4 years now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8224692].message }}
    Signature

    Done For You Services - Custom Amazon Stores - Wordpress Blog - Unique Content and Design - My Reviews http://dfyservices.com/reviews or Skype = NTech52 - Examples - http://90dayfitnessworkout.com/ http://bmxbikeaccessories.com/ http://ps4store.com/

    • Profile picture of the author kpmedia
      Originally Posted by Ntech25 View Post

      I have been using freshwebsitehosting.com since I closed my bluehost account. I also had to close down my hostgator account since it looks like the same company that owns bluehost purchased hostgator.
      I been happy with freshwebsitehosting.com and I can also recommend hostnine, I been using them for 4 years now.
      Hostnine is now owned by the same company that owns Hostgator and Bluehost (EIG)
      It's operated by the ASO sub-company, which has 4-5 EIG companies.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8225957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ajay Tiwari
    One more vote goes for Hostgator .. i am using hostgator from last 2 years and never had any issues with them due to their highly skilled and helpful support guys and best service..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8228303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Coke
    I suggest GlowHost
    I use it for a lot of small websites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8228390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FitMarketer
    Hostgator hands down. I have used them for 5 years now and would never consider turning back
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8228449].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ejones9
      Hostgator if you are looking for 99.8%+ uptime. It's the only host I've ever used, but with amazing uptime and exceptional support it's hard to beat.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8229108].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jewels2me
      Originally Posted by FitMarketer View Post

      Hostgator hands down. I have used them for 5 years now and would never consider turning back
      wait until they move you. I was so happy with them and they moved me from a softlayer server (it was awesome, never down, fast, everything great!) they moved me last month to a bluehost server and life is NOT good at hostgator anymore. watch out if you get an email telling you they are moving you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8243610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Alan
    I am not real thrilled with Host Gator right now. I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying my account was being “upgraded” and moved to a new server. Since the “upgrade” my sites don’t want to load and even trying to execute simple things in word press like updating posts, logging in and so on don’t want to execute. The first tech I talked to said the server was overloaded. The several techs I have talked to since then just gave me the usual b.s. about turning on cache ect. I Finally wrote it all up and sent them an email detailing all the problems last night. I got a response today that said their ongoing server migration is what is causing the server to bog down and to paraphrase: it will be T.S. for awhile so suck it up and deal with it even though it has already been going on for a week.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8229123].message }}
    Signature
    Crazy Cheap Hosting Get Hosting for less than $2 per month + Free Domain Name Registration. Get Free SEO, Blogging and Internet Marketing Tips from the Solo Blogger.
    • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
      Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

      I am not real thrilled with Host Gator right now. I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying my account was being “upgraded” and moved to a new server. Since the “upgrade” my sites don’t want to load and even trying to execute simple things in word press like updating posts, logging in and so on don’t want to execute. The first tech I talked to said the server was overloaded. The several techs I have talked to since then just gave me the usual b.s. about turning on cache ect. I Finally wrote it all up and sent them an email detailing all the problems last night. I got a response today that said their ongoing server migration is what is causing the server to bog down and to paraphrase it with be T.S. for awhile so suck it up and deal with it even though it has already been going on for a week.
      Unfortunately, there's been quite a few people having problems with this "upgrade". History is repeating itself all over again. I'd suggest you do a little research on past EIG buyouts & migrations, then find yourself a better service provider.

      Everything being so called upgraded from HostGator, is being moved out of softlayer and over to bluehost. More and more of these threads will be popping for sure.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8229127].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jewels2me
      Originally Posted by Mark Alan View Post

      I am not real thrilled with Host Gator right now. I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying my account was being “upgraded” and moved to a new server. Since the “upgrade” my sites don’t want to load and even trying to execute simple things in word press like updating posts, logging in and so on don’t want to execute. The first tech I talked to said the server was overloaded. The several techs I have talked to since then just gave me the usual b.s. about turning on cache ect. I Finally wrote it all up and sent them an email detailing all the problems last night. I got a response today that said their ongoing server migration is what is causing the server to bog down and to paraphrase: it will be T.S. for awhile so suck it up and deal with it even though it has already been going on for a week.
      mark, check your ip at whois vs the old ip and see if you haven't been moved to a bluehost server. I was and it's been total crap since last month with lots of outages and unreliability. I am looking to move to a new vps host now.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8243600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dash0205
    I honestly never had a problem with Bluehost. Been with them for years now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8229133].message }}
    Signature
    I am bent to provide more value to the marketplace. Connect with me via my Blog YOU CAN CLICK HERE
  • Profile picture of the author namstudio
    I also have good experience with Hostgator.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8229254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skywalker89
    I agree ... I LOVED HG and recommended them to my clients... then I got "promoted ... since then ie. PIwik (stats) is swimming tits up

    So I move that account off them, too



    D
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8243930].message }}
    Signature
    Economist
    the answer to all: 42
    Germany
  • Profile picture of the author andreasdl
    I successfully use MDDHosting.

    Great support, awesome platform, low price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8244099].message }}
    Signature
    how to be happier and learn to control fear & anger (woah. I didn't even capitalize this because it's not an ad, it's my advice and personal experience)
  • Profile picture of the author Nicky Papers
    I've had great experiences with Arctic Hosting and SEOHost.com.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8244467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Stone
    Another vote for Hostgator here.

    I use godaddy (crap...no cPanel interface and poor performance) and also namecheap (both shared hosting) and hostgator is dedicated.

    Namecheap is OK for sure...no complaints.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8244577].message }}

Trending Topics