Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum
Register Blogs Social Groups Advertise with usHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 9th July 2013, 04:46 AM   #1
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Alright Warriors

You're going to have to bear with me because I am seriously having one of those days, where I'm thinking whats the sodding point. You Just Might As Will Give Up Completely If You Are Not Allowed To Use Paypal To Accept Payments from customers.

I was just in the process of setting up two websites, one was going to be a coaching website and another was going to be sort of a deal blog/website

My Paypal got permantly shut down two years ago. So I can never use them ever again. However alot of membership scripts, affiliate based comission compays (JVZOO) uses paypal..

I know there are merchant account but most of them wants to charge something per month to use. But as yet I don't have any members etc...

2checkout now doesn't allow you to sell ebooks/videos that you have got resale rights to..

I know I need something that will even still accept payments from people using paypal.

Btw I am based in the UK

I'm just having a nightmare at the moment.. I want to get things finally up and runnning by the weekend.. But now I'm feeling not a chance..
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 04:47 AM   #2
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,726
Thanks: 233
Thanked 981 Times in 143 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Why not use clickbank?
John Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 04:53 AM   #3
High-heeled Warrior
War Room Member
 
Alexa Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 25,988
Thanks: 17,214
Thanked 22,991 Times in 11,562 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Atkins View Post
Why not use clickbank?
For the same reason he can't use 2Checkout, I think: it seems he just has "resale rights" to whatever he's hoping to sell.

You might be able to use "ClickSure", though, Byron, if you're willing to do business with them: they're based in China and seem to accept absolutely anything and everything that other networks won't touch for a variety of ethical/legal/other reasons (which may be why they've had their own PayPal account limited).Could be worth investigating, though? Good luck!

Lexy ... paints stuff that cracks, dapples and slops, and has apparently founded the Postmondrianism school of art






Alexa Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 04:55 AM   #4
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Atkins View Post
Why not use clickbank?
I believe there is a $50 sign up fee.. Then I have heard that there fees for admin are quite high...


Also not sure if I will be able use clickbank for my deal blog/website where I am selling products that have got master resale rights to... I know I could use it for my membership site part
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 05:02 AM   #5
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Michael Harris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 255
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 95
Thanked 72 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Hey Byron,

I know that feeling of "I HAVE to launch my site by X date"

Sometimes for me it is so intense, it shuts me off to "answers"

It's like, there could be a tidal wave coming, but I've just gotta get my site "Live"

There are ways around your situation..

What about a paypal account using another member of your family's name..

I recently opened a paypal account here in the UK (2 months ago) and managed
to jump through all their hoops to get it verified so I could receive payments with no limits in 2 working days..

Hang in there mate and NEVER give up..



Last edited on 9th July 2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Michael Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 05:13 AM   #6
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Joel Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 354
Thanks: 310
Thanked 203 Times in 115 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron_Wells View Post
My Paypal got permantly shut down two years ago. So I can never use them ever again.
Are you saying your account was not only shut down but you are also permanently banned from PayPal?? Is that even possible? You can't open another account?

Life isn't always fair, but you can be.
Joel Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 05:18 AM   #7
High-heeled Warrior
War Room Member
 
Alexa Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 25,988
Thanks: 17,214
Thanked 22,991 Times in 11,562 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Young View Post
Is that even possible?
Yes - it's quite common, Joel.

Lexy ... paints stuff that cracks, dapples and slops, and has apparently founded the Postmondrianism school of art






Alexa Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 05:27 AM   #8
Nick Arnold
War Room Member
 
4DayWeekend's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Birmingham, UK.
Posts: 441
Thanks: 267
Thanked 300 Times in 109 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Do you have any friends who could become your business partner?

Of course, finding someone you trust can be problematic, but if you do find someone there are various plus points - Two sets of ideas, accountability and your partner being able to accept Paypal.

4DayWeekend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 05:59 AM   #9
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 171
Thanks: 35
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

46 Paypal alternatives (from an old Warrior post)
StingGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:24 AM   #10
Dating Expert
War Room Member
 
datingworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,511
Thanks: 294
Thanked 722 Times in 437 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Byron, I think the best way is to use family members account for this reason. I personally know some people who are doing it because for one reason or another paypal have banned them.

datingworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:29 AM   #11
HyperActive Warrior
Registered Member
 
kenzo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 116
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Why don't you ask someone trusted who doesn't use PayPal to create and account for you? I think you won't have any problems because of that.

Backup and maintenance plugin for WordPress
www.wpguards.com
kenzo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:31 AM   #12
Results Based Marketer
War Room Member
 
jasondinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: Long Island, NY USA.
Posts: 2,373
Thanks: 386
Thanked 475 Times in 327 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron_Wells View Post
I believe there is a $50 sign up fee.. Then I have heard that there fees for admin are quite high...

Also not sure if I will be able use clickbank for my deal blog/website where I am selling products that have got master resale rights to... I know I could use it for my membership site part
So what. Cough up the $50 and write it off as a business expense.

There fees are higher than many, but they handle all of the tax BS for your affiliates and they accept paypal. So it's well worth it.

They pay on time all the time, which I can't say for many other affiliate programs.

And they have a very large pool of affiliates.

jasondinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:35 AM   #13
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumtiger View Post
Hey Byron,

I know that feeling of "I HAVE to launch my site by X date"

Sometimes for me it is so intense, it shuts me off to "answers"

It's like, there could be a tidal wave coming, but I've just gotta get my site "Live"

There are ways around your situation..

What about a paypal account using another member of your family's name..

I recently opened a paypal account here in the UK (2 months ago) and managed
to jump through all their hoops to get it verified so I could receive payments with no limits in 2 working days..

Hang in there mate and NEVER give up..

My wife has got a unverified paypal account at the moment. We can only buy stuff not accept payments at the moment. However to start accepting payments we would need to upgrade to either business or premier account.. But I am wondering if we do that will paypal limit the account because of my account got closed down 2 years ago?? Will not be using the account to sell on ebay at all. Just on my two websites...
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:37 AM   #14
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo22 View Post
Why don't you ask someone trusted who doesn't use PayPal to create and account for you? I think you won't have any problems because of that.
I asked my mum ages ago and she didn't want to know... I haven't really got any other business partners at the mo. No one else believes in what I am doing online will make money apart from my WIFE
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:38 AM   #15
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Young View Post
Are you saying your account was not only shut down but you are also permanently banned from PayPal?? Is that even possible? You can't open another account?
YES BANNED FROM PAYPAL...
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:44 AM   #16
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Joel Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 354
Thanks: 310
Thanked 203 Times in 115 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Would it cause trouble if someone opened an account for someone else to let them use it?

Life isn't always fair, but you can be.
Joel Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:44 AM   #17
Content Curator
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 479
Thanks: 3
Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

the best solution would be to create another paypal account. if there's a wheel, there's a way!
curationsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:49 AM   #18
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Joel Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 354
Thanks: 310
Thanked 203 Times in 115 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curationsoft View Post
...if there's a wheel, there's a way!
Wheel??

Are you related to this person? lol

This is the second time today that the phrase, "If there's a will, there's a way" has been misspoken. So surreal....

Life isn't always fair, but you can be.
Joel Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:49 AM   #19
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
nrupen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Nagpur, India
Posts: 251
Thanks: 91
Thanked 111 Times in 58 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

If checkout process is your problem try using Google Checkout

nrupen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:49 AM   #20
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
mrdomains's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 567
Thanks: 201
Thanked 134 Times in 102 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by datingworld View Post
Byron, I think the best way is to use family members account for this reason. I personally know some people who are doing it because for one reason or another paypal have banned them.
That is awful advice.

In 99% of the cases there is always a reason why you get banned, shut down, closed, excommunicated or in any other way cast out from something. You broke the rules. tried to shortcut, game a system or simply didn't take the time to LEARN the rules and fumbled your way to a ban.

Using someone else- specially a relative - as a workaround is pure egoism. What happens when the ban hits them by your actions? (yes it will happen again)

This is the same mentality where people take credits on their kids because they can't get their own (for good reason).

Free action plan : Think less. Do more.
mrdomains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:53 AM   #21
digital carpenter
War Room Member
 
brutecky's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 441
Thanked 629 Times in 400 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

You have been banned from Paypal for 2 years, but your setting up a coaching website. So if you plan on doing coaching Im going to assume that you must have been doing IM during the last 2 years right? So what have you been using? Use that. Or are you just planning on having a coaching website when you have done nothing for the last 2 years?
brutecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 07:03 AM   #22
Bananas
War Room Member
 
Brian Tayler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 935
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 286
Thanked 244 Times in 160 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

I'm a little confused how someone who is going to offer coaching (to ANY community) cannot afford the $5-$30/mo for a merchant account?

But anyway... I use stripe.com and it works quite well.

Here's a little chart of the "free" (no monthly payment, processors I came up with)

Code:
Processor                            Percentage	                 Plus Transaction Fee
Payza (AlertPay)                   2.50%                        $0.25 
Stripe.com                           2.90%                        $0.30 
Google Checkout                   2.90%                        $0.30 
Paypal	                         2.90%                        $0.30 
RegNow (mycommerce.com)    4.90%                        $1.00 
2Checkout (2co.com)             5.50%                        $0.45 
Clickbank                             7.50%                         $1.00

Brian Tayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 07:28 AM   #23
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
garyv's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Obamanation
Posts: 1,822
Thanks: 1,256
Thanked 1,999 Times in 1,007 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Just about everyone that does enough business eventually gets hit with the paypal ban. The company is borderline illegal with their business practices. However unfortunately they are still a necessity to get your full potential out of a pay website.

I've been banned several times but that does not stop me from getting new accounts. And I do not feel one iota of guilt for doing it. Because I did not do anything wrong in the first place to deserve a ban. A Majority of their bans happen when you have a sudden influx of business. It's like an automatic software trigger, and it's complete BS. Plus when they do ban you or suspend your account, they hold your funds for up to 6 months, which in the real banking world IS illegal.

So no, I absolutely have no problem circumventing their rules - because they circumvent the rules themselves.

The best way to do it is to get a business license or some form of tax ID for your business. I don't know how they do it in the UK - but here in Illinois we can apply for a tax ID number online free of charge - and you can get one new one every day. Then you go to paypal and get a business account. Then you'll also have to change your physical address. There are many places online where you can rent temporary mailing addresses. And then finally you'll need to change your computer's IP address from the one that you used for your previous paypal accounts. You can usually do this by resetting your modem - but you'll have to check this on your own system.

There are a few things they usually track to link accounts together, they are:
-Physical Address
-Tax ID number
-IP Address
-Any credit cards or bank accounts linked to the account

Right now I'm on my 4th paypal account and this one has been going strong now for probably 5 years. It's a pain in the rear, but you learn to live with it.

garyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 08:36 AM   #24
High-heeled Warrior
War Room Member
 
Alexa Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 25,988
Thanks: 17,214
Thanked 22,991 Times in 11,562 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Young View Post
Would it cause trouble if someone opened an account for someone else to let them use it?
Yes - sometimes greatly so. And for understandable reasons: naturally enough (as with absolutely anything in which fiduciary responsibility is involved, surely?!) it would be totally against the terms of service.

Lexy ... paints stuff that cracks, dapples and slops, and has apparently founded the Postmondrianism school of art






Alexa Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 08:53 AM   #25
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 85
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Heres an idea, Use cryptocurrencys No chargebacks , No being banned

Paul200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 08:56 AM   #26
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul200 View Post
Heres an idea, Use cryptocurrencys
And how is that going to help me?????????
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 09:05 AM   #27
Website Broker
War Room Member
 
Thomas Smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: London
Posts: 722
Thanks: 190
Thanked 206 Times in 149 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

After reading this thread, I seriously hope you reconsider offering "coaching" when you don't even have $50 to open a Clickbank account.

Save up $50, open a Clickbank account, sell some of your products and once you've made a few hundred thousand you could consider offering coaching. I know the WF mentality is for any idiot to create a "product" but it's not a good idea to charge people for coaching if you can't even figure out how to process payments.
Thomas Smale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 09:08 AM   #28
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 85
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron_Wells View Post
And how is that going to help me?????????
Ok first of all go and read whats going on with cryptocurrencys then look at how many coiners and websites are using it to make $$ in diff ways. Then do it yourself, Its new and there are a lot of opportunities with this. There is always a way bud you just gotta look at it from a diff angle. Paypal can pull an account on anybody when ever they want, with cryptocurrencys that cant happen. Just take a look on the bitcoin forum and look for new ways to monetise cryptocoins or copy something which is allready been done but do it better.

PS: if you decide to have a go just make sure you encrypt your wallet no matter which currency you try. And make sure you keep your PC free of viruses

Paul200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 09:11 AM   #29
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Smale View Post
After reading this thread, I seriously hope you reconsider offering "coaching" when you don't even have $50 to open a Clickbank account.

Save up $50, open a Clickbank account, sell some of your products and once you've made a few hundred thousand you could consider offering coaching. I know the WF mentality is for any idiot to create a "product" but it's not a good idea to charge people for coaching if you can't even figure out how to process payments.
Clickbank is for the membership site only.. What about the deal site???
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 09:13 AM   #30
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

ok I might be able to use clickbank for the membership site one.. But what about the deal website that I was thinking about doing??
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 09:16 AM   #31
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumtiger View Post
Hey Byron,

I know that feeling of "I HAVE to launch my site by X date"

Sometimes for me it is so intense, it shuts me off to "answers"

It's like, there could be a tidal wave coming, but I've just gotta get my site "Live"

There are ways around your situation..

What about a paypal account using another member of your family's name..

I recently opened a paypal account here in the UK (2 months ago) and managed
to jump through all their hoops to get it verified so I could receive payments with no limits in 2 working days..

Hang in there mate and NEVER give up..
I'm not sure if Paypal will my wife's account to be verified and then start accepting payments because of my account be closed/banned.. Even though we won't be selling anything on ebay at all. Just from the two websites..

Don't want to ruin my wife name and account.. So that's why I am bit nervous to go ahead and upgrade her account to business
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 09:24 AM   #32
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 200
Thanks: 141
Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

It's really easy to get another or multiple paypal account - all you need is a new bank account coop etc, a new email address and a new mobile telephone number.

I found that I needed a new account when I got scammed on ebay and it was not difficult to setup first I got the new ebay account and then I got the new paypal account.

Kind regards
smith33122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 09:49 AM   #33
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith33122 View Post
It's really easy to get another or multiple paypal account - all you need is a new bank account coop etc, a new email address and a new mobile telephone number.

I found that I needed a new account when I got scammed on ebay and it was not difficult to setup first I got the new ebay account and then I got the new paypal account.

Kind regards
My wife has already got an account at the same address which is currently unverified.. If I upgraded it to business what will happen then? Will paypal shut it because of my account??

At the moment we are only buying stuff not selling anything
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 10:06 AM   #34
HyperActive Warrior
 
dayus444's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: I'm where i want to be
Posts: 153
Thanks: 10
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron_Wells View Post
Alright Warriors

You're going to have to bear with me because I am seriously having one of those days, where I'm thinking whats the sodding point. You Just Might As Will Give Up Completely If You Are Not Allowed To Use Paypal To Accept Payments from customers.

I was just in the process of setting up two websites, one was going to be a coaching website and another was going to be sort of a deal blog/website

My Paypal got permantly shut down two years ago. So I can never use them ever again. However alot of membership scripts, affiliate based comission compays (JVZOO) uses paypal..

I know there are merchant account but most of them wants to charge something per month to use. But as yet I don't have any members etc...

2checkout now doesn't allow you to sell ebooks/videos that you have got resale rights to..

I know I need something that will even still accept payments from people using paypal.

Btw I am based in the UK

I'm just having a nightmare at the moment.. I want to get things finally up and runnning by the weekend.. But now I'm feeling not a chance..
why are u so bent on resale rights ebooks then? How about creating a brand new ebook from scratch?
dayus444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 01:55 PM   #35
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
JeanneLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 601
Thanks: 689
Thanked 64 Times in 60 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Can you incorporate your business and open a new Paypal account that way?
JeanneLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 02:39 PM   #36
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
KenJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,664
Blog Entries: 9
Thanks: 407
Thanked 461 Times in 308 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post
Yes - it's quite common, Joel.
Hi Alexa,
I'm not sure it is common. Sorry to disagree.

Back to OP.

I have had three paypal accounts. This is because I had, until recently, an offline business. I sold two products online that my company manufactured. They each had their own account. All three accounts needed their own UK bank account to link with. If you run an offline business in the UK you will already have at least three bank accounts

So my first advice would be. Go and open a new paypal account and make sure the UK bank account you link to is different to the one you used in the first place. It would be even better if you related this to an ebay account as well.

Secondly. I think Nat West are doing a special deal with merchant accounts for online transactions at this moment in time. So it might be worth checking that out.

KenJ
KenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 03:08 PM   #37
Happy Hooker
War Room Member
 
JohnMcCabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: North of the Peace River, Florida, USA.
Posts: 12,216
Thanks: 4,983
Thanked 9,528 Times in 4,869 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutecky View Post
You have been banned from Paypal for 2 years, but your setting up a coaching website. So if you plan on doing coaching Im going to assume that you must have been doing IM during the last 2 years right? So what have you been using? Use that. Or are you just planning on having a coaching website when you have done nothing for the last 2 years?
He hasn't done "nothing" - he accumulated some resale rights stuff he wants to charge monthly access fees for. :rolleyes:

Maybe this is the Universe's way of looking out for his potential "coachees"...

Get this one thing right and it will be like you are the only one they are listening to. Probably because you will be the only one they are listening to.

Email Marketing: 7 Steps to Turn Strangers Into Buyers and Buyers Into Raving Fans [Kindle]
Subscribe to Kindle Unlimited or Amazon Prime? Read it for free! No Kindle? No problem...
JohnMcCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 03:10 PM   #38
Banned
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 454
Thanks: 9
Thanked 175 Times in 86 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Byron,


You can use Wepay.com - the SAME exact thing as paypal and works better in my opinion or payza.com


These are both wonderful alternatives.


Less fees, and faster withdralwls half the time.
SandraLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 03:22 PM   #39
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraLarkin View Post
Byron,


You can use Wepay.com - the SAME exact thing as paypal and works better in my opinion or payza.com


These are both wonderful alternatives.


Less fees, and faster withdralwls half the time.

I just come across eway which is a merchant account
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 03:24 PM   #40
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post
He hasn't done "nothing" - he accumulated some resale rights stuff he wants to charge monthly access fees for. :rolleyes:

Maybe this is the Universe's way of looking out for his potential "coachees"...

No I don't want to charge people a montlhy fee for resale rights that I have got.. Never said that.... And even if I did there is nothing wrong with me doing that at all....
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 03:25 PM   #41
Online Marketing Expert
War Room Member
 
Raiel Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 465
Thanks: 54
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron_Wells View Post
Clickbank is for the membership site only.. What about the deal site???
You can use Clickbank to sell one time products as well, while still being able to accept Paypal payments. If that doesn't work out for you, you can always trying setting up your own merchant account.

Raiel Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 03:28 PM   #42
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiel Schwartz View Post
You can use Clickbank to sell one time products as well, while still being able to accept Paypal payments. If that doesn't work out for you, you can always trying setting up your own merchant account.

I'm currently looking at eway which if I understand right is a merchant account..

I'm not sure if anyone knows of any merchant accounts that work in the UK that will allow people to pay using paypal as well...
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 03:54 PM   #43
Happy Hooker
War Room Member
 
JohnMcCabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: North of the Peace River, Florida, USA.
Posts: 12,216
Thanks: 4,983
Thanked 9,528 Times in 4,869 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron_Wells View Post
No I don't want to charge people a montlhy fee for resale rights that I have got.. Never said that.... And even if I did there is nothing wrong with me doing that at all....
Thanks. I just got another name for my "never buy from" list...

Get this one thing right and it will be like you are the only one they are listening to. Probably because you will be the only one they are listening to.

Email Marketing: 7 Steps to Turn Strangers Into Buyers and Buyers Into Raving Fans [Kindle]
Subscribe to Kindle Unlimited or Amazon Prime? Read it for free! No Kindle? No problem...
JohnMcCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 04:03 PM   #44
I'm Batman
War Room Member
 
ronrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,199
Thanks: 269
Thanked 1,126 Times in 590 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

I'm curious what you did that got you banned from PayPal in the first place.

-
Ron Rule
http://ronrule.com
ronrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 05:43 PM   #45
Peaceful Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 133
Thanks: 18
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post
He hasn't done "nothing" - he accumulated some resale rights stuff he wants to charge monthly access fees for. :rolleyes:

Maybe this is the Universe's way of looking out for his potential "coachees"...
I agree with you! I have never paid for any coaching and I never will!

To the OP, I suggest you set up a new site where you "coach" people and teach them the one thing you seem to know, which is: How To Get Banned From Paypal!

Provide this service for free, as you don't have a way of taking payments! This way you can really share your experience and knowledge and potentially help people so they don't end up in a situation you are in.
Joe Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:55 PM   #46
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedcarroll View Post
What bugs me is that you've waited 2 years to try to get this figured out. I could understand maybe 1 to 6 months while you finished site designs, but two years? How come you never did the research on payment processors during that period of time?
For the past two years I have been doing other things than concertrating online. I have been a full time career for my dad who had cancer that's all
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 06:58 PM   #47
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrule View Post
I'm curious what you did that got you banned from PayPal in the first place.
There is a lot of reason why you can get banned from paypal whether good or bad.....
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 07:07 PM   #48
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 681
Thanks: 33
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedcarroll View Post
@Bryon that makes sense now...I was going to say, if were just sitting around and it took you two years then I would have to knock some sense into you. However, a sick family member is definitely legitimate (I hope you accept my apologies).
No worries Everything got put on the back burner as the say goings.. But now I'm trying to get back into things and back up and running
Byron_Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 07:09 PM   #49
tpw
Bill Platt
War Room Member
 
tpw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA.
Posts: 9,607
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 8,710
Thanked 7,779 Times in 3,548 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

If you are serious about making money, you should know that you need to spend money to make money.

You say that people get banned from PayPal all the time for various reasons. True. However, many people who get Limited get limited because they will not prove who they are to Paypal. Most people who get banned for life present a serious threat of fraud or financial loss to PayPal.

I want to give you the benefit of a doubt, but it seems hard to do with what you have so far presented. Exactly what kind of coaching do you plan on offering to people? And, are you qualified to offer that kind of coaching?

tpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th July 2013, 07:18 PM   #50
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: South Jersey/Philadelphia Area
Posts: 665
Thanks: 200
Thanked 86 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: I Am Totally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!! I Might As Well Just Give Up!!

Couldn't you form your business into an LLC and then open a business account with the business name/EIN number? That would not really be in "your" name and it would prevent a friend or family member from having your income look like their income when tax time rolls around.

DeborahDera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
give, screwed, totally

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:11 AM.