As I Google, I see TONS of sites related, but it's hard to weed through the cheesy ebooks and training courses. If anyone has any advice or legitimately helpful sites, please let me know.
My main questions...
1. Is it profitable? What's the going rate for an inexperienced, but quality proofreader?
2. Advice on how to start getting clients?
3. I'd love to know how others do it. Can I do my revisions in Word with the revision tools? I LOVE them!
4. How do you folks pay proofreaders? By the word, page, etc.?
5. What are the most important qualities you look for in a proofreader?
I'm a registered nurse, so I could be especially helpful for any document that is medical related. Any tips or hints?
I'm super excited. Thanks for any help!
Last edited by AmyKay on May 29, 2009 at 14:09 PM. Reason: Added 5th question.