Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum
Register Blogs Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 1st June 2009, 12:13 AM   #1
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , Nigeria.
Posts: 208
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Dating Niche Ideas

I'd love to go into the dating and relationship and is currently working on a guide for women to attract and keep the man of their choice and not just any man.

Though the keyword search is relatively low but I believe that its under-served.What do you guys think?

Suggestions of other hot topic areas will be appreciated too>

denoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st June 2009, 12:35 AM   #2
Newbie Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: The Tropics
Posts: 242
Thanks: 31
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by denoble View Post
plese seee Webfireng - Small Business Success Forums - Index and let me know your view

is it another forum? just like WF...lol
ken_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st June 2009, 01:13 AM   #3
The Tropical Entrepreneur
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 32
Thanks: 8
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

Go check out Double you Dating by David De-Angelo - Real name Ebin Pagen. He is the ruler of that niche. I would say model him and your chances are pretty high.

Good Luck
tropicalentrepreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st June 2009, 05:46 PM   #4
Writer
War Room Member
 
Robin E. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 57
Thanks: 20
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

I just wrote some PLR articles on this very subject and the amount of information available is overwhelming. I don't know if it is overserved, but it is certainly not underserved! It has certainly got to be one of the top niches with the thousands of dating sites on the web.
Robin E. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st June 2009, 08:52 PM   #5
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , Nigeria.
Posts: 208
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin E. Anderson View Post
I just wrote some PLR articles on this very subject and the amount of information available is overwhelming. I don't know if it is overserved, but it is certainly not underserved! It has certainly got to be one of the top niches with the thousands of dating sites on the web.
Yes the dating niche is over-served but the market is yet to saturated and might never be.

But I have eye for a ''win a man'' sub-niche and not the general dating niche.

denoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd June 2009, 01:15 AM   #6
HyperActive Warrior
 
ryansjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 123
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

you could do a website that talks about different dating services websites. There are plenty of dating networks out there you can promote, such as chemistry.com, match.com, eharmony and amateur match. Thought that I would offer that.

ryansjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd June 2009, 05:53 AM   #7
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
davemiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2003
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 37
Thanked 349 Times in 215 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

dating niche is OVER saturated.... everyone seems to be selling their rehash of the same ol material.... btw I hear some people selling products to women in the niche are having a hard time with it....

something you may not know... lots of guys make money in that market not by selling products, but by teaching seminars/bootcamps for $1k-$10k a pop.

Dave Miz

“Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
davemiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd June 2009, 05:58 AM   #8
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

Sell to men.

Sick And Tired Of Not Making Real Money Online?<<<---MUST SEE WSO, Not A Worthless eBook!
chrisaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd June 2009, 06:08 AM   #9
HyperActive Warrior
 
Harry Behrens's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 306
Thanks: 116
Thanked 168 Times in 69 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

I think you would be better served drilling down one more level into the niche. Like said above the dating space is very crowded but you can easily make yourself stand out and increase conversion and interest by specially targeting a special segment of women and catering to them.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

Overweight women -> How to make him look past your outward appearance and into the real you

Nerdy women -> How to fix yourself up before a date to beat out any other girl ("The Cinderella Effect" )

Older women -> How to be attractive to younger guys in their prime ("The MILF Effect" )

Younger women -> How to attract and bag a nice older guy to buy you presents and take care of you

College women -> How to game and manage the social scene so you can have fun without getting a reputation

Women whose partners have travelled away -> How to keep a long-distance relationship alive

etc etc... You'd have to be very knowledgeable in whatever you choose of course, or find someone who is. But you can see the potential. I think any one of those (or other) niches can be enough for a nice little business.

- Harry Behrens
Harry Behrens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd June 2009, 10:58 PM   #10
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , Nigeria.
Posts: 208
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmbehrens View Post
I think you would be better served drilling down one more level into the niche. Like said above the dating space is very crowded but you can easily make yourself stand out and increase conversion and interest by specially targeting a special segment of women and catering to them.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

Overweight women -> How to make him look past your outward appearance and into the real you

Nerdy women -> How to fix yourself up before a date to beat out any other girl ("The Cinderella Effect" )

Older women -> How to be attractive to younger guys in their prime ("The MILF Effect" )

Younger women -> How to attract and bag a nice older guy to buy you presents and take care of you

College women -> How to game and manage the social scene so you can have fun without getting a reputation

Women whose partners have travelled away -> How to keep a long-distance relationship alive

etc etc... You'd have to be very knowledgeable in whatever you choose of course, or find someone who is. But you can see the potential. I think any one of those (or other) niches can be enough for a nice little business.
Yeah I see the potential

And I'm do something along that direction.

Because I will never know how successful the ideas are REALLY are unless I try them out

denoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd June 2009, 11:03 PM   #11
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , Nigeria.
Posts: 208
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisaplin View Post
Sell to men.
Why do you say so?

Over 70% purchases made offline or online are directly or indirectly influenced by women.

Again women are more of impulse buyers than women

I can go on and on but my question remains why do you say I sell to men?

denoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17th December 2011, 01:49 AM   #12
Copywriter
War Room Member
 
Andy The Copywriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 656
Thanks: 81
Thanked 157 Times in 106 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by denoble View Post
Yes the dating niche is over-served but the market is yet to saturated and might never be.

But I have eye for a ''win a man'' sub-niche and not the general dating niche.
my understanding of the dating niche is that the "dating for men" side of it is overserved, while the "dating for women" side is underserved. There are loads of dating products for men because of all those books and TV shows from 2005-2008, but comparatively few for women due to there being less media exposure for that side of the niche.
Andy The Copywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17th December 2011, 01:53 AM   #13
Senior Warrior Member
 
Ross Petal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 643
Thanks: 200
Thanked 113 Times in 102 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

I actually started a dating niche Authority site a few days ago and is work in progresss. I'm using different keywords relating to dating, writing articles myself targeting one keyword per article and adding CPA dating offers, text and banners. I can do proper on page SEO myself but get struck with backlinks as it's a boring process.

I believe this is still a solid niche as people are always looking for true love.

What do you wonderful people think?
Ross Petal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17th December 2011, 07:46 PM   #14
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 52
Thanks: 36
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross007 View Post
I actually started a dating niche Authority site a few days ago and is work in progresss. I'm using different keywords relating to dating, writing articles myself targeting one keyword per article and adding CPA dating offers, text and banners. I can do proper on page SEO myself but get struck with backlinks as it's a boring process.

I believe this is still a solid niche as people are always looking for true love.

What do you wonderful people think?
I'm doing that, too. Can't really comment as to whether or not it works as I have yet to add CPA offers. Need to figure out how to do that.

Best of luck to you!
soobeeoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17th December 2011, 07:52 PM   #15
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 121
Thanks: 23
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Dating Niche Ideas

it is always better to narrow down your niche
PrestonPilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
dating, ideas, niche

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 AM.