HELP! My niche is making everyone hate me.

by 47 replies
Hey guys,

I feel really bad right now. I feel so sad and discouraged. I've been hanging out in Warrior Forums in hopes of launching a good micro-niche site. I've published one before but it failed.

Now I finally came up with something that I'm really interested in. (this is my site: Legit Money Making Sites)

I always wanted this niche because I was a teen when I started looking for ways to make money online, and it sure was hard to find legitimate websites that pay. This site is intended for stay-at-home moms, and students who are hoping to make a little online.

I launched the site 1 week ago and now finally my traffic is going up, Yay! I should be celebrating but people started hating on me today. In the other forums, they call my site a garbage - full of lies and half-truth. That I am luring people to sites that would just fail the newbies. That's not my intention. I checked all of the sites that I listed and made sure they send payments.

Now I am not sure what to do anymore. I'm not as good as the others and I do my best to write helpful guides. I am updating my blog everyday and I am planning to add more tips to start making something through the Internet.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
#mind warriors #blogging #hate #make money online #making #niche
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author sunchineklein
    Are you sure that the contents of your post are all facts and has basis? People nowadays find it hard to trust especially when it comes to money matters. The silver lining of it is you know that you're gaining more traffic on your site. Accept that you cannot please everyone. Just do your own thing and prove them wrong. Haters gonna hate.
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by sunchineklein View Post

      Are you sure that the contents of your post are all facts and has basis? People nowadays find it hard to trust especially when it comes to money matters. The silver lining of it is you know that you're gaining more traffic on your site. Accept that you cannot please everyone. Just do your own thing and prove them wrong. Haters gonna hate.
      Yes I have basis and I make sure that my information is accurate. Thanks, I'll keep the blog then.
  • Profile picture of the author michaelkoehler92
    People will always tend to dislike sites like that...
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by michaelkoehler92 View Post

      People will always tend to dislike sites like that...
      Well, I guess I just have to keep going and make sure to spend more time creating higher quality contents.
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Questions you should answer for yourself:

    WHO is saying negative things about your site?

    HOW MANY are they, really?

    WHAT is their agenda?


    "Any publicity is good publicity" is a well-worn maxim.

    They're probably helping you increase your reach.

    I'll bet there are fewer of them than you think, and they have competing sites of their own.

    If they are anonymous, competent readers will understand the posters have their own hidden agenda and will think critically about what they see. These posters even make multiple fake accounts so they can carry on conversations with themselves...as if we can't tell.

    Overall, I wouldn't worry about it. These people are not your customers, and they never will be. So their opinions aren't important.
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      Questions you should answer for yourself:

      WHO is saying negative things about your site?

      HOW MANY are they, really?

      WHAT is their agenda?


      "Any publicity is good publicity" is a well-worn maxim.

      They're probably helping you increase your reach.

      I'll bet there are fewer of them than you think, and they have competing sites of their own.

      If they are anonymous, competent readers will understand the posters have their own hidden agenda and will think critically about what they see. These posters even make multiple fake accounts so they can carry on conversations with themselves...as if we can't tell.

      Overall, I wouldn't worry about it. These people are not your customers, and they never will be. So their opinions aren't important.
      Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I think I just feel really bad it makes me think the whole world is hating on me. Your comment is a good encouragement. I'll keep going!
  • Profile picture of the author parkarcarolina
    Banned
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author sana james
    Banned
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author BillyParadise
    A suggestion - maybe you would like to research a NEW way of making money online, instead of the same old "surveys etc" line that everyone writes about, why not do some research into something that hasn't been mentioned a billion times before?
  • Profile picture of the author BillyParadise
    I guess you can't hit enter in this new system (sorry, I don't love the new way this site works). I was going to say that other than the "same old content", the design part looked very good. Keep it up!
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by BillyParadise View Post

      I guess you can't hit enter in this new system (sorry, I don't love the new way this site works). I was going to say that other than the "same old content", the design part looked very good. Keep it up!
      hehe thanks for being honest with. Your honesty hurts but yeah I guess it's too old and already all over the internet. Good thing you mentioned the website design or else your whole comment will bug me down.

      Will definitely work on better content.
  • Profile picture of the author gooroo
    I'll tell you how popular youtubers tend to deal with negative feedback, it's pretty easy.
    As you can imagine, the more popular a youtuber(or anyone, really) is, the more of negative feedback they'll receive. The point is to focus only on positive feedback, because that is really the main factor of a good prospering channel. Why do they do that? It's simple as well, they know exactly who they are, what is their personality and the groups they are targeting, they know they will not please 100% of their viewers, instead they focus on satisfying the groups they WANT to satisfy and that does like their content as the statistics have shown before, as long as the positive feedback is growing, they and their channel is growing. They will still notice the negative feedback, still take points from it here and there, but they also realize most of it is baseless feedback.

    My point is to realize that negative feedback CANNOT be stopped, you will only get more of it over time, but what you can do is focus on acquiring positive feedback, good sites will have a huge ratio of positive feedback compared to negative, enough to keep negative feedback at a very small minority.

    Obviously as a site owner you don't get "likes" or as many comments as a youtuber does, but you still can see your site growing, visits and page views increasing, people reading your content, registering from your referred links and occasionally post comments or send you emails, quality will equal growth.

    As for being unsure whether your content is "good enough", the time will tell. You already have a target groups (stay-at-home moms and students), let your content be based on that, but also your knowledge and principles/morals, the rest will happen on its own(don't forget to market, though )

    Now, this might not be as helpful in this particular case, but if you are a person who tends to notice the negative feedback, this will help you more in the future, once your site grows bigger.
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by gooroo View Post

      I'll tell you how popular youtubers tend to deal with negative feedback, it's pretty easy.
      As you can imagine, the more popular a youtuber(or anyone, really) is, the more of negative feedback they'll receive. The point is to focus only on positive feedback, because that is really the main factor of a good prospering channel. Why do they do that? It's simple as well, they know exactly who they are, what is their personality and the groups they are targeting, they know they will not please 100% of their viewers, instead they focus on satisfying the groups they WANT to satisfy and that does like their content as the statistics have shown before, as long as the positive feedback is growing, they and their channel is growing. They will still notice the negative feedback, still take points from it here and there, but they also realize most of it is baseless feedback.

      My point is to realize that negative feedback CANNOT be stopped, you will only get more of it over time, but what you can do is focus on acquiring positive feedback, good sites will have a huge ratio of positive feedback compared to negative, enough to keep negative feedback at a very small minority.

      Obviously as a site owner you don't get "likes" or as many comments as a youtuber does, but you still can see your site growing, visits and page views increasing, people reading your content, registering from your referred links and occasionally post comments or send you emails, quality will equal growth.

      As for being unsure whether your content is "good enough", the time will tell. You already have a target groups (stay-at-home moms and students), let your content be based on that, but also your knowledge and principles/morals, the rest will happen on its own(don't forget to market, though )

      Now, this might not be as helpful in this particular case, but if you are a person who tends to notice the negative feedback, this will help you more in the future, once your site grows bigger.
      It's helpful! And I appreciate the time you put into typing all of these. A huge thank you! This will really help me not just today but also in the long run. I can't say thank you enough.
  • Profile picture of the author Billy The Kid
    Most of the people who seek out ways to make money online have massively unrealistic expectations. Most of them have an entitled mentality. They want "turn key" and "push button" solutions that pay instantly. They don't want to have to invest time and effort into building an income over the long term. Its usually these type of people who go around on forums moaning and complaining about MMO opportunities being scams.

    I had a problem recently where someone left a very negative review on one of my Udemy courses. They said "not what I expected". All of my reviews were 5 stars up until then but this idiot felt the need to do some hating. The title of the course and the course description describe everything in detail and outline what to expect.

    Now I know how Biff felt in Back To The Future. Where's he's knocking on George's head shouting "HELLOOOO? --- McFly? --- Anybody home?" Did you not read the description? Pardon my rant lol

    As frustrating as it may be Terinah, try not let it get to you. Haters are just par for the course online
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post

      Most of the people who seek out ways to make money online have massively unrealistic expectations. Most of them have an entitled mentality. They want "turn key" and "push button" solutions that pay instantly. They don't want to have to invest time and effort into building an income over the long term. Its usually these type of people who go around on forums moaning and complaining about MMO opportunities being scams.

      I had a problem recently where someone left a very negative review on one of my Udemy courses. They said "not what I expected". All of my reviews were 5 stars up until then but this idiot felt the need to do some hating. The title of the course and the course description describe everything in detail and outline what to expect.

      Now I know how Biff felt in Back To The Future. Where's he's knocking on George's head shouting "HELLOOOO? --- McFly? --- Anybody home?" Did you not read the description? Pardon my rant lol

      As frustrating as it may be Terinah, try not let it get to you. Haters are just par for the course online
      It's a good feeling to know that it's not only me who's dealing with haters
  • Profile picture of the author ShawnLim
    Here's something for you...

    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby

    It is impossible not to have haters. Haters going to hate. And like what Jason mentioned, there's no bad publicity. Any publicity is a good publicity.

    Just remember to create quality content and things will get better.
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by ShawnLim View Post

      Here's something for you...

      "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby

      It is impossible not to have haters. Haters going to hate. And like what Jason mentioned, there's no bad publicity. Any publicity is a good publicity.

      Just remember to create quality content and things will get better.
      That's a good quote Yeah these haters make me more determined to do better.
    • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
      Originally Posted by ShawnLim View Post

      Here's something for you...

      "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby

      It is impossible not to have haters. Haters going to hate. And like what Jason mentioned, there's no bad publicity. Any publicity is a good publicity.

      Just remember to create quality content and things will get better.
      Don't know that I'd be quoting Bill Cosby in relation to anything at the moment.

      Mis-informed content and bad publicity is not a good combination.

      People like to think any publicity is good publicity but that is not really the case.

      Most people that quote things like that have never had any publicity good or bad.

      In my experience you need a lot more good publicity than bad and hopefully no bad publicity as sometimes bad publicity will bring a business down.

      Best regards,

      Ozi
  • Profile picture of the author davehayes
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author Cristy94
    I think there are actually to main problems:

    1) The name of the blog and what it talks about. Most people consider anything that contains "legit" or "money making online" to be scam/spam by default.
    2) Most of the posts don't mention any new method, only the ones that everyone knows about, what you do is actually list websites where you can apply this methods. Maybe try to feel it more like a directory (what it actually is) then a tutorial on how to make money online. eg: the blog format isn't that good for listing things, you need something more organized.
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by Cristy94 View Post

      I think there are actually to main problems:

      1) The name of the blog and what it talks about. Most people consider anything that contains "legit" or "money making online" to be scam/spam by default.
      2) Most of the posts don't mention any new method, only the ones that everyone knows about, what you do is actually list websites where you can apply this methods. Maybe try to feel it more like a directory (what it actually is) then a tutorial on how to make money online. eg: the blog format isn't that good for listing things, you need something more organized.
      Thanks for pointing those things out. I targeted those keywords on purpose but I guess I'll stick to it and hopefully my blog will somehow get good reputation despite others thinking of the terms as scam.

      Your second point is helpful. I'm gradually adding more contents to it (methods) to push those list posts deeper.
  • Profile picture of the author loubnamad
    Banned
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    You've done a lot of work on that site. It looks good.

    You just need to find your niche. You will as long as you keep at it.

    I suggest you think about something outside "make money online." You're young and intelligent, I'm sure you could find a bunch of other young intelligent people to connect with over some topic.

    You absolutely can't give up, you have too much potential. Be patient and stay focused.

    Brent
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      You've done a lot of work on that site. It looks good.

      You just need to find your niche. You will as long as you keep at it.

      I suggest you think about something outside "make money online." You're young and intelligent, I'm sure you could find a bunch of other young intelligent people to connect with over some topic.

      You absolutely can't give up, you have too much potential. Be patient and stay focused.

      Brent
      Thank you Brent! Yeah I'm thinking of branching out. This site is doing good despite just being a week old and I'm not giving up now.
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    why not give us a few links to these so called comments. Personally I do not see any reason why someone would comment at all, good or bad, on your site. This post is probably just a signature promotional post
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      why not give us a few links to these so called comments. Personally I do not see any reason why someone would comment at all, good or bad, on your site. This post is probably just a signature promotional post
      Sorry you feel that way.

      Here's one of the comments: https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/c...ermoney_sites/

      I've been promoting my new blog to a few forums, but I haven't done the same thing on warriorforum, just my sig.
  • Profile picture of the author rjd1265
    Get a group of Beta testers to use your product. Coach them well and get them to earn money and then use them as testimonials. ask them to go where the negative feedback is combat that with their positive results.
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    1)) be sure you have a blog different from other millions of similar blogs ( your best thing that is different from others is....? )

    2)) be sure to have full data about your visitors/readers (are you tracking them in the right way?)
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by maxsi View Post

      1)) be sure you have a blog different from other millions of similar blogs ( your best thing that is different from others is....? )

      2)) be sure to have full data about your visitors/readers (are you tracking them in the right way?)
      I am confident that I am tracking them the right way - referral sources, pages they visit and the devices they use.

      And yeah, I still have to work on being different from the others.
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    When someone doesn't like your site you can consider the opinion or you can be defensive - you chose defensive. The person in that quote had some good points. I think the design is fine - but the info on the site is what will bring criticism.

    I looked only quickly at the site and here's my question to you:

    HAVE YOU PERSONALLY made money from any one of those "methods" you are advising others about? The internet is full of blogs and sites claiming "make money doing this" by people who have never "made money doing that".

    This person gave you some good advice -

    If you are wanting to help folks you need to tell them what to expect and be honest with them and the parts of your blog I read which were the parts about areas of earning I use every day are completely nothing but half truths and misinformation, flat out lies, and exaggerated figures.
    This was not a "hater" but someone who KNEW from experience your info was wrong and misleading.

    Your answer to the person's critique was revealing:

    sorry about telling everyone that they can make $400 for completing a few surveys. But does that make the whole blog a lie and pure misinformation?
    You didn't say "I have earned that amount myself"! You apologized to making an income claim...and, yes, it does make the whole blog suspect.

    Your site would be much better if you added "products and programs" with links and reviews AFTER you tried them yourself.

    I agree with Brent - you can write and design and that's great. However, get out of the "MMO" niche. It is flooded with people trying to make money by telling others how to make money - and 95% of them are broke.
    • Profile picture of the author terinah14
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      When someone doesn't like your site you can consider the opinion or you can be defensive - you chose defensive. The person in that quote had some good points. I think the design is fine - but the info on the site is what will bring criticism.

      I looked only quickly at the site and here's my question to you:

      HAVE YOU PERSONALLY made money from any one of those "methods" you are advising others about? The internet is full of blogs and sites claiming "make money doing this" by people who have never "made money doing that".

      This person gave you some good advice -



      This was not a "hater" but someone who KNEW from experience your info was wrong and misleading.

      Your answer to the person's critique was revealing:



      You didn't say "I have earned that amount myself"! You apologized to making an income claim...and, yes, it does make the whole blog suspect.

      Your site would be much better if you added "products and programs" with links and reviews AFTER you tried them yourself.

      I agree with Brent - you can write and design and that's great. However, get out of the "MMO" niche. It is flooded with people trying to make money by telling others how to make money - and 95% of them are broke.
      Thanks for the tips! Yep I realized my mistake there. And Yeah my first reaction was to be defensive but I thought much about that comment . I just got hurt because I THOUGHT IT would work out but I Was wrong. I'm changing my strategies.
  • Profile picture of the author Sven300
    I love your blog. Good design, well written articles.

    Obviously I do not know if what you say is true. But if I was a student and I wanted to make some money online, I'd be willing to trust you.

    But it would be better if you experiment things that you recommend to others and you write by talking about your personal experiences.

    The only thing I do not like is that the social media buttons (in the left column) overlay on the website.

    1) Many people have unrealistic expectations in regard to the money that can be earned online. So inevitably these people will be disappointed by your site.

    2) Those who do research on this topic will probably find that you do not say anything original. But no need to completely reinvent the houses to build homes that will be useful.

    3) Those with similar sites to yours will not like someone else to do competition.

    4) And finally, there are those who criticize everything, who are angry against all.

    I think these are the four categories of people who may " hate " you.

    But I also think you do not need any of them to make money online.

    Improve your site but do not give up!

    Do you know the Arab proverb?
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on".

    Let the dogs bark and go ahead with your website.

    Good luck!
  • Profile picture of the author counzila
    Learn how to target people that way people will love if you share related stuff with them

Next Topics on Trending Feed