The Reason YOU Are Not Making $15,000 Per Month

by PatrickTaylor1 36 replies
Does that seem like an impossibly huge number for you to even comprehend?

If it does, then THAT is the reason you're not making $15,000 per month.

I know that seems simplistic and trite, but it is also true.

You see, we are trained from a very early age to be good employees for the ruling class. If you would like to investigate this further you can read about John Dewey and his progressive theories about education.

But think about it.

Aren't you as smart as Sean Penn or Britney Spears? They may be talented entertainers, but every time I hear an actor or singer talk about economics, politics, or environmentalism I am reminded that they are not really smarter than the rest of the population. They're just like every other human being.

So...

What makes an actor, singer, or athlete worth millions of dollars per year (or even for a single performance), and how can we apply that knowledge to our own business?

I think to answer that question we need to investigate the method the entertainer uses to obtain their money, and to look more closely at the business model of the entity that's writing the entertainer's check.

First, though, you need to stop limiting your self-worth.

I want you to to take out a piece of paper and write down a figure on it right now.

How much VALUE do you think you can bring to the table for other people every month?

What's on that single sheet?

What is that number?

$2,000? $3,000? $5,000?

Do you know, if you want to have the buying power of the average factory worker in 1981, you need to earn between $1,100 and $1,500 per WEEK today.

Do you earn that much?

Not too many people I know are making that much money these days. Most college graduates are not even making HALF of that. PLUS they're saddled with a huge amount of college debt (which they borrowed from the federal government--but the federal government doesn't have any money and are themselves drowning in $18 TRILLION of debt, so how are they able to lend YOU money. But that's a conversation for another day.) that will take them decades to repay.


The Reason Even Ignorant, Brain-Dead, Moronic Entertainers Earn More In One Evening Than You Earn In One Year


The reason actors, entertainers, and athletes earn a lot of money is because they attract all of their customers to see their performance at one time, such as at an arena or stadium.

Or....

Because they create a product (like a book, movie, or CD) that they can sell over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Imagine if Whoopi Goldberg had to go door to door to perform her shtick? How much money do you think she'd make per hour? Would you pay her if she came to your door to spout her politics? Or do stand up comedy? Or perform an impersonation? Or sing?

What is her value to you?

Would you give her $8 to perform for you for an hour? Maybe.

I dare say that if most actors had to earn their wages the same way you do, as an hourly employee providing their service or product to a single household or individual at a time, that they would all be living outdoors and eating at soup kitchens.

The thing is, if you can gather up all of the people who would pay $8 to be entertained by Whoopi for an hour and put them in one place and charge them all their $8, then you're talking some serious cabbage.

Say you can find 1,000,000 people who want to watch her act in a movie. That's $8,000,000. Of course, it takes a lot of networking and advertising, and all that's involved in producing a movie. But even if she makes just one million for appearing in a movie, that's not a bad day at the salt mine.

So, Pat, What Does All This Have To Do With Internet Marketing?


If you are going to make $15,000 per month (Or $20,000. Or $50,000.), you need to multiply the number of people you can add value to.

Then you need to either:

1) Bring them together at one time; or

2) Create a product (e-book, video, etc...) that you can create ONE TIME, and sell over and over and over again.

You need to think outside the box in your niche.

One lady I know of has a knitting blog. Once per year she has a "Knitting Cruise!" A bunch of people with a similar hobby go on a cruise together. The knitting lady organizes the cruise, has special knitting seminars, they have fun, and she makes money and gets a free cruise out of the deal.

So, you see, it can be done. You just need to THINK, PLAN, AND EXECUTE!

Here's A Plan To Help You Develop Your $15,000+ Monthly Income:


1) Believe that you are WORTH $15,000+ Per Month:
Look, your brain is a pretty powerful tool. It will solve the problem you give it to solve. If you ask your brain how to get a $10 per hour job, that's the problem it's going to work to solve. If you ask your brain how to help you earn $15,000 per month, then it's going to work to solve that problem. Of course, if you don't even think you could possibly be worth that much, then you won't apply yourself in that direction, you won't ask your brain to even consider it, and your brain ultimately won't seek to solve that problem.

Your belief system is the first thing you have to address.

2) Figure out your niche:
What's your niche? You cannot be everything to everyone. What is it that you DO? Figure that out, then figure out a way to bring value to ONE person. If you can bring value to just one person, you can bring value to 1,000,000 people.

You just have to figure out the method to scale up and bring value to the masses.

3) Determine how you can leverage your efforts to bring that value to a multitude at one time:
Either you need to create a single product that can be sold over and over and over and over (you get the idea) and over and over again. OR you need to create an event that you can invite people to and you can present to at one time. OR you can create a sort of hybrid of this system into a continuity program, that is a membership program that people will belong to month after month.

4) MARKET, MARKET MARKET....
Once you have determined what it is that people will pay you for, you need to get the word out. You need to be advertising EVERYWHERE!!! Advertise everywhere they will listen to you. Focus on methods that will work for you over and over and over again. 70% of your efforts should be concentrated on marketing your product or services. If you're not telling, you're not selling. If you have a digital product to sell for $77, can you sell 3 of those products per day? If so, you'd make more than most people do. Can you develop a passive way to advertise, or can you create a paid advertising system that you can scale up to promote your product?
#mind warriors #$15 #affiliate marketing #internet marketing #list building #make money #making #month #passive income #reason
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    very good.

    reminds me of Ramit Sethi

    here is a great on topic podcast you should listen to:

    SPI 222: The Right Products at the Right Price Point with Ramit Sethi - The Smart Passive Income Blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770863].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gabrielrala
    Very well said, I must agree, actors, athlete and entertainers do millions of dollar is because people want to see them, people love them and people see the consistency, same rules applied in internet marketing your audience and your fan is your traffic, they must admire your work, they visit your site because they look up on you and they show consistency, someone said that people follow you for a reason and they want to see that very reason in consistent way the way they saw it the first time
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PatrickTaylor1
    Hey Gabrielrala!

    All very good points you bring up.

    The point about the value though that I wanted to point out is that the reason an entertainer or athlete can command so much money is because they are LEVERAGING their time by performing ONE TIME and selling to millions from that one performance.

    Granted, it takes a lot of practice on the front end to acquire the skills to be able to perform that thing, but my focus was on the PROCESS, not so much the qualities of the people.

    It is possible to be not very likable or intelligent and make a lot of money because of the PROCESS that is used to generate the income.

    Thanks again for your insights, though, as these qualities also come into play for generating REPEAT business.

    All the best,

    Pat
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Originally Posted by PatrickTaylor1 View Post

    1) Believe that you are WORTH $15,000+ Per Month:
    Yep...agreed...but that is one of the easiest steps.

    Well maybe not so easy if you can't focus your efforts and gain some early success to encourage you along the way.

    Originally Posted by PatrickTaylor1 View Post

    2) Figure out your niche:
    What's your niche? You cannot be everything to everyone. What is it that you DO? Figure that out, then figure out a way to bring value to ONE person. If you can bring value to just one person, you can bring value to 1,000,000 people.
    Yes you can bring value to millions of people but in my small world a small business in my niche only needs about a population of 15000 to survive and make an adequate income.

    Surprisingly I looked at our client database the other day and we had just over 14K clients on the list and we push around a million turnover with a satisfactory net to live comfortably on and gainfully employ several others.

    You don't have to satisfy 1M people to be successful.

    You have to satisfy just one...yourself.

    Originally Posted by PatrickTaylor1 View Post

    3) Determine how you can leverage your efforts to bring that value to a multitude at one time:
    Either you need to create a single product that can be sold over and over and over and over (you get the idea) and over and over again. OR you need to create an event that you can invite people to and you can present to at one time. OR you can create a sort of hybrid of this system into a continuity program, that is a membership program that people will belong to month after month.
    This is the age of self-publishing and never before has it been so easy to produce content and share it with people.

    With the ease of self promotion and the ability to produce products available easily to so many people why do you think people struggle with this?

    Originally Posted by PatrickTaylor1 View Post

    4) MARKET, MARKET MARKET....
    Once you have determined what it is that people will pay you for, you need to get the word out. You need to be advertising EVERYWHERE!!! Advertise everywhere they will listen to you. Focus on methods that will work for you over and over and over again. 70% of your efforts should be concentrated on marketing your product or services. If you're not telling, you're not selling. If you have a digital product to sell for $77, can you sell 3 of those products per day? If so, you'd make more than most people do. Can you develop a passive way to advertise, or can you create a paid advertising system that you can scale up to promote your product?
    Marketing your product is one area where people struggle which is why they frequent the WF to learn more.

    There needs to be a bit of a distinction between marketing and advertising.

    You state "Advertise everywhere" but to most businesses that is just not possible.

    Advertising implies paying to advertise your product.

    Marketing is more diverse and may include advertising as one component but you are right in that once you develop positive ROI on advertising you can scale up.

    In reality it is not always that easy even if you do develop a positive ROI campaign there is always some constraint when it comes to growth along that path.

    The real skills come in putting multiple components together and that might include staff or outsourcing, financial controls, various management systems etc.

    Many people approach the online marketing space as a way to supplement their regular income.

    To some degree it only gets serious when it is your only source of income.

    Best regards,

    Ozi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    I'm sorry and I know I will be attacked for being the voice of reason but this should be in the Mind Warriors section. it has a few good points but its mostly nonsense

    People believe all you want that you are worth $15,000 a month. No one will pay you based on what you claim for yourself (frankly my worth can't be placed in dollars anyway). Easy proof. go outside and stand up somewhere where a lot of people congregate and tell them what you are worth. tell then where you will be next week and see how many show up

    Celebrities get paid because THEY HAVE TALENT (even a talent that you particularly might not see but others do). Intelligence is not the only talent so sure some of them can be as dumb as bricks. You can believe you are worth anything you want but if I go to watch you and you can't sing, your jokes are duds, you cannot act, and you are nothing to look at then BYE BYE.

    Pick any niche you want and believe what you want if you are not realistic with your talent level and what you are and are not talented at then you will be posting and thanking Mind warriors stuff a decade from now. Thats not negative because a lot of talent CAN BE LEARNED but not by kidding yourselves that what you believe will ahem "allow your mind to find the solution" because you believe it. You can improve your craft, pick up new talents and then command dollars if you skip the drivel that whatever you believe your mind will find a solution for.

    No...whatever you work to improve your talent in is the answer. Many celebrities are getting paid more than they ever dreamed they would because They HAD TALENT not because they believed it

    The world does not change for you based on what you believe it changes based on what your bring to the table. Thats how the real life market works.

    Go hone your talent. (even if its being as smart as a Kardashian but half interesting to look at and even more so to laugh at) because you can get a thousand people into a room and if you suck there will be zero 30 seconds later.

    this kind of thread gets thanks and gets pats on the back because everyone wants an easy solution to get going. Just believe brother. The answer is inside your mind.Yes Sensei it will guide you down the path, just wax on and wax off and feel the force within you...give into your feelings and the Death Star will be destroyed. If you build it in your mind they will come. ooommmmm ooooommm levitate to your desired income.

    Nope go figure out what you can bring to the table then work your rear end off getting better at it. Learn from celebrities not by putting them down but by realizing how varied talent is that people are interested in and go find out what your is - then you have a shot and it won't have anything to do with the number you believed in.

    SOOO

    The Reason Ignorant, Brain-Dead, Moronic Entertainers Earn More In One Evening Than You Earn In One Year is not because they just got as many people together as they could

    it was because they HAVE SOME TALENT the market wanted - now go out and get you some or improve the one you have not wait for your mind to show you the way to monetary Nirvana .
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PatrickTaylor1
    Hey Mike,

    Thank you for your insights.

    I did not mean to imply that you could simply believe you were worth $15,000 per month, or per day, or per hour and that would magically make you worth that much.

    HOWEVER....if you DON'T believe you can bring $15,000 worth of value to people per month, I can guarantee you will not strive for that goal.

    So, the first transformation needs to begin in your own thinking process.

    By your post, I'm assuming that you have a very successful business making probably much more than $15,000 per month.

    Would you say that before you began earning that sum (or whatever it is) that you had some self-confidence in your abilities to perform the tasks or services necessary to bring a certain amount of value to your customers?

    That's all I'm saying.

    That's not to negate the need to be proficient at your trade...whatever that particular vocation is.

    The larger point here--which is why I originally posted in the general Internet marketing forum, is about the PROCESS by which fortunes can be made, that is by creating an EVENT that brings multitudes together at one time; or creating a PRODUCT one time that can be sold over and over again without intervention by the original artist.

    That point seems to have been lost on you.

    I hope this clears things up a bit.

    All the best,

    Pat
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771686].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author felixcohen
      @PatrickTaylor1

      The thinking process and parts of it you describe reminds me of what I read in "Think And Grow Rich" book. Believing you are worth certain amount is faith and I think the difference you mentioned between employee and celebrity (serving audience through boss versus serving audience directly) is something that would give you faith to believe and create plan of action. As results come, that should give you self-confidence that would fuel desire (first element in a triangle of momentum as I call it), which would turn into a burning desire and fuel faith even more and that will fuel action. Activated triangle will give a momentum that will turn you into unstoppable in materializing your dream.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10772100].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PatrickTaylor1
        Originally Posted by felixcohen View Post

        @PatrickTaylor1

        The thinking process and parts of it you describe reminds me of what I read in "Think And Grow Rich" book. Believing you are worth certain amount is faith and I think the difference you mentioned between employee and celebrity (serving audience through boss versus serving audience directly) is something that would give you faith to believe and create plan of action. As results come, that should give you self-confidence that would fuel desire (first element in a triangle of momentum as I call it), which would turn into a burning desire and fuel faith even more and that will fuel action. Activated triangle will give a momentum that will turn you into unstoppable in materializing your dream.
        Thanks for your input, Felix.

        One thing I'd like to note is that it is more than just belief. As Mike noted, you can believe all day long but without a certain level of expertise and a PLAN you can't really believe it's possible. My goal here was to expand one's thinking about production and how to transform from the employee mindset to the business owner mindset.

        If you think about how you can bring a lot of value to people and do it at one time either through an event or product that you make one time, then you have the confidence to ramp up and make your dreams a reality.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10772241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ivanadee
    Love the first point. We need to make sure that we deserve it to start receiving it. Well-written, my friend
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10774898].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CaRTmAnBrAh
      Originally Posted by ivanadee View Post

      We need to make sure that we deserve it to start receiving it.
      You realize that downright evil people who "deserve" absolutely nothing have made fortunes in business. And... did Madoff deserve to live like a king for decades because he certainly received.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778025].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ron Lafuddy
        Originally Posted by CaRTmAnBrAh View Post

        You realize that downright evil people who "deserve" absolutely nothing have made fortunes in business. And... did Madoff deserve to live like a king for decades because he certainly received.
        Ah, but his "mindset" ultimately destroyed him.
        It destroyed his family, as well.

        I've found that making it is one thing.

        Keeping it is another.

        While related, the two are very different.

        What you believe, about yourself and about others can bring it all down
        like a house of cards.

        Bernie Madoff wracked with grief over unforgiving sons | New York Post
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778119].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PatrickTaylor1
        Hey Cartman,

        Yes, I understand that.

        Again, my point wasn't about whether or not YOU subjectively think they deserve their wealth. In fact, I think I underscored that point using actors and athletes as my example--as people who are not overly intelligent bringing in millions.

        Let me make the point again:

        In order to MAKE a SUBSTANTIAL INCOME, you need to incorporate these ingredients:

        1) YOU need to BELIEVE that you can bring massive value to your customers (because if YOU don't believe you are worth $5,000, or $10,000, or $15,000,or $50,000 per month, neither will your customers, and you won't create any systems that bring in $15,000 per month);

        2) You need to ACTUALLY BRING massive value to your customers by being good at your trade and doing what yo say you will do;

        3) You need to have a SYSTEM that will allow you to perform your work ONE TIME, yet SELL YOUR WORK MANY TIMES!

        That's the secret to success in ANY business. Whether it's online or offline. You want to create a system that does not require your constant participation to generate income.

        Now, are there evil doers who use these principles and generate massive incomes for themselves by fraud and deceit? You bet. However, where is Bernie Madoff today? Is he enjoying the fruits of his labors in a tropical paradise?

        So, you need to employ step #2 and ACTUALLY bring massive value to your customers or it will catch up to you.

        Make sense?

        All the best,

        Pat

        P.S. So, let's examine Bernie Madoff. Did he BELIEVE he could earn $15,000 per month? Yes, he did (and then some). And did he put a PLAN in place to achieve his goal? Yes, he did. Additionally, he used leverage and scaling to execute his plan. BUT it was an unethical plan and it ultimately caused a lot of pain and suffering to his customers, his family, and himself. I'm not advising you to do unethical things.

        But this article is not about who DESERVES to make massive amounts of money. No one "deserves" anything. It's simply about opening yourself up to the idea, allowing your brain to work on solving the problem, and taking systematic steps to create a PLAN, employ leverage, and once success is achieved on a small level to quickly scale the enterprise to massive proportions.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PhillipsHayden
    This is a great article. One should have firm faith in himself/herself, stop worrying about the future too much and work for the present.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777997].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CaRTmAnBrAh
    hmm... I "believe" I'm worth a lot more than $15000 per month, problem is, the universe doesn't seem to agree. Just for the record, there are many highly successful entrepreneurs who've said they never imagined in a million years they would ever earn even a 10th of what they went on to earn, that they had no self belief whatsoever, they simply tried and it worked out.

    In reality you can be the most pessimistic, negative self loathing person on the planet and still make a fortune. "Mindset" is absolute nonsense. It's just self development niche crap but people do like to lap it up especially on this forum. I swear Tony Robbins has a lot to answer for, he brought all this bull to the masses and now we have to constantly listen to others churning it out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PatrickTaylor1
    And again, Cartman, I didn't say one couldn't fall into a massively successful venture and make a lot of money. Or that talented people like yourself fail to make massive amounts of money.

    You could pick up a lottery ticket and make $485 million today.

    What I'm addressing here is people who are actively engaged in changing their lifestyle, who are contemplating a strategy, who want to do something different than working a 9 to 5 job for an employer and retire at 65 years old to live on social security.

    And no matter what you say about mindset and belief systems, what I wrote is inherently correct.

    Don't read what I didn't write, though.

    You want to attribute my saying that you can magically make a good income by believing you can.

    Either you didn't read my full comments or you just want to be argumentative.

    I didn't say that people don't fail, or that they can fall into a pile of money when something goes better than planned...but that's the thing...there was a PLAN.

    Have you ever heard of a BUSINESS PLAN?

    We're not talking about a business WISH...but a PLAN.

    While some businesses happen strictly by accident and make millions of dollars for their owners, more businesses are started with a BUSINESS PLAN and that plan begins with an idea, and that idea happens because the business owner thought DIFFERENTLY than the herd.

    He had an idea, that turned into a vision, that turned into concrete steps.

    So you can SAY that it's all nonsense, you can pooh-pooh the power of the mind and its ability to organize, plan, and execute, and you can blame it all on Tony Robbins, but the fact remains that the mind is a pretty powerful tool (and can be used for good or evil).

    You can tell people that everything is random, that thinking, planning, and executing a plan, that they have just as much potential to find success by getting a lottery ticket or sitting at home watching Law and Order reruns, but I think I'll go with planning and strategizing over your method.

    But I appreciate your perspective.

    You add another dimension to the conversation.

    All the best,

    Pat
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wiretree
    Thank you for this great advice: "Either you need to create a single product that can be sold over and over and over and over (you get the idea) and over and over again. OR you need to create an event that you can invite people to and you can present to at one time. OR you can create a sort of hybrid of this system into a continuity program, that is a membership program that people will belong to month after month."

    You have given me added motivation to write a book, create a course, or a video that can help me earn passive income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10856659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yellowmedia
    I think this story is inspirational for this thread.
    "How One Couple is Making $600,000 Per Year Selling Digital Products"
    https://www.shopify.com/blog/1758742...gital-products
    It's not your usual sell courses or publish kindle books but it is selling patterns for doll dresses!
    " We knew that digital goods were amazing products if they worked for your market. We also knew that sewing patterns have been around for a very long time! Because we already had our own sewing patterns, it was easy for us to try out selling them as downloadable PDFs.
    In the first month of trying out digital downloads, we gave away several hundred patterns for free and sold eleven. It was a humble start, but scaled very quickly."

    So aside from taking ideas from blogs, take ideas from your own life and what you've already been doing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10857132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ignmmulia
    I agree with you. The main reason why most internet marketers don't achieve their goals is too many information they have but less action. They tend to move from one strategy to another to find the fastest way to make money online. Whereas there is no shortcut to make money online without proper plan and action.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10859034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eric Thompson
    Good stuff man keep it up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10859504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skyjoe76
    Well said! How much money you made depends on how many people you got value from you. And effective marketing really brings in the money. Celebrities, comedian, football players earn that kind of money because they add value to many people at once leveraged through marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10876532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author incomeindaycom
    I read all comments here and wantd to participate in this discussion. I agree with Patrick and what he says. You have to have a plan and have a vision and how much money you can make within a period of time and then put in much work for that. by adding much value to your readers.

    If you want to make millions Then figure out million of value to add to your customers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10986190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AL Hummel
    So true.. believing in your heart that you are Totally Worthy of $15K+ a month is the only way to align with the equal energy. Money is funny... it can Feel you. Blessings to you for this post.. especially the part about the factory workers in 81.. wow what a piece of solid trivia. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11041432].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PatrickTaylor1
      Okay Al,

      Do I detect a bit of cynicism?

      A lot of folks who have responded negatively think this is some metaphysical gibberish, that I'm saying you should get in touch with the universe and that it will bestow money upon you.

      That is the furthest thing from the truth of what I'm communicating.

      First, my goal was to open the folks up to the possibility that they CAN attain that sort of sort of income. Many people never even consider that it's possible to earn money in a huge way for themselves. They think massive wealth is only available to others who are more talented, beautiful, intelligent (add your own adjective here) than they are.

      Most people set their sights very low in life. They have very modest expectations. Some are born into poverty and never even seek to lift themselves out of it, but perpetuate the cycle. This is by design. We are programmed throughout our formative years and the educational institution to think in a small box.

      This is not metaphysical stuff, this is programming.

      Secondly, my goal was to demonstrate HOW fortunes are made through leverage and scaling.

      I used the example of athletes and entertainers to show that they are not necessarily smarter than a lower paid person, but how the method of delivering their services allowed them to do their work one time and be paid on a massive scale, over and over again.

      Yes, I do believe that people need to change their thought patterns and believe in themselves to get started. Sometimes you need a change in perspective just to acknowledge that the possibility exists.

      If he doesn't feel he could ever achieve his goal of becoming a professional football player, a young athlete might never pick up a football, try out for a high school team, work out diligently, eat properly, and practice faithfully. He might never get out of the gate because he didn't even believe that it was possible. I'm not saying he'd achieve his goal without practice, and exercise, and coaching, and all the other things that go into honing one's skills. Or that he will even achieve his goals if he DOES all those things.

      I'm simply saying that before you can execute a plan, you need to believe it is possible to succeed, and we sometimes need to get over the limiting ideas that have been planted in our minds by others.

      If you read the post for what it ways (vs. what you want to read into it), you'll see that I'm not promoting belief as the method to attain your business goals, but as a stepping stone to taking action and using leverage and scaling to achieve them.

      I don't even know why I responded. Those who are critical and want to read into this that I'm telling people to believe their way into success are not going to be convinced otherwise, so it's sort of beating a dead horse here...

      All the best,

      Pat
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042005].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
        Originally Posted by PatrickTaylor1 View Post

        Okay Al,

        Do I detect a bit of cynicism?

        A lot of folks who have responded negatively think this is some metaphysical gibberish, that I'm saying you should get in touch with the universe and that it will bestow money upon you.

        That is the furthest thing from the truth of what I'm communicating.

        First, my goal was to open the folks up to the possibility that they CAN attain that sort of sort of income. Many people never even consider that it's possible to earn money in a huge way for themselves. They think massive wealth is only available to others who are more talented, beautiful, intelligent (add your own adjective here) than they are.

        Most people set their sights very low in life. They have very modest expectations. Some are born into poverty and never even seek to lift themselves out of it, but perpetuate the cycle. This is by design. We are programmed throughout our formative years and the educational institution to think in a small box.

        This is not metaphysical stuff, this is programming.

        Secondly, my goal was to demonstrate HOW fortunes are made through leverage and scaling.

        I don't even know why I responded. Those who are critical and want to read into this that I'm telling people to believe their way into success are not going to be convinced otherwise, so it's sort of beating a dead horse here...

        All the best,

        Pat
        I would think that it is because all roads seen to lead to your sig, area?

        But that is ok, you wrote a good article, so it is justified in this case.

        And l agree that some actors are complete idiots when it comes to certain ideas.

        They don't do any research, just accept the first person with a degree, that comes alone, and apparently even ignore hard evidence, (although that is not restricted to actors).

        I know that l could achieve that amount within a few years, but does that mean that l can see it now, of course not.


        But do l have a good product that can be scaled substantially, sure.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042042].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AL Hummel
        Believe me Pat, with all my heart you have inspired me to think bigger and believe even more... that what I think most, is what I receive most.
        With my total respect for your post and greatest thanks,
        Al
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rprieto60
    This post is 1oo% correct!!!

    Limiting self beliefs will always hold you back, no matter who you are.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11041796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author treka
    Really well put! I think because some of this stuff is "easy" for us we often undervalue it. Our services are gold to business owners world wide.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11041875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Originally Posted by PatrickTaylor1 View Post

    Aren't you as smart as Sean Penn or Britney Spears? They may be talented entertainers, but every time I hear an actor or singer talk about economics, politics, or environmentalism I want to vomit. Whenever they open their mouth on a topic outside their profession, they prove once again that they are just not terribly bright.

    I get the same feeling when I hear accountants sing.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PatrickTaylor1
    I want to know how, after months of no activity on this post, all of a sudden it's become the talk of the town again...

    Why this flurry of activity???
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Hurst
    Oh wow, saved this post, what a great plan!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11044753].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timexer
    I guess it's all about how you perceive things and situations. Whether you see opportunities around and you're ready to use them, meaning that you're willing to do the work. Great tips and an inspiring post. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenm44
    Good information and advice - thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jw22777
    A lot of golden nuggets here. Thanks for posting!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045681].message }}

Trending Topics