Why do you love travelling?

by 32 replies
I know many internet marketers travel around the world. So why do you love travelling? Why do you choose travelling around the world as your way of life?
#mind warriors #love #travelling
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
    Travel is a way of life. It opens up your mind. And you are free from oppression,
    that haunted you in your home town. My home town is a city where most people
    are upper middle class, let's call them "rich". As a result most people are bored and
    into dangerous games. I lost about 6-7 friends that died before we reached the age
    of 21. I decided to leave. And I never looked back. It's like coming from death to life.

    On the bright side: You discover other people, you discover yourself, and i really like
    the outdoors and the beach. Plus: It's very easy to communicate here where i am, and
    you meet new people every day. Basically it turned me from an introvert to someone that
    frequently talks too much. But its all good, if it makes you happy, how can it be a bad thing?
    • Profile picture of the author fearlesspioneer
      Originally Posted by George Schwab View Post

      Travel is a way of life. It opens up your mind. And you are free from oppression,
      that haunted you in your home town. My home town is a city where most people
      are upper middle class, let's call them "rich". As a result most people are bored and
      into dangerous games. I lost about 6-7 friends that died before we reached the age
      of 21. I decided to leave. And I never looked back. It's like coming from death to life.

      On the bright side: You discover other people, you discover yourself, and i really like
      the outdoors and the beach. Plus: It's very easy to communicate here where i am, and
      you meet new people every day. Basically it turned me from an introvert to someone that
      frequently talks too much. But its all good, if it makes you happy, how can it be a bad thing?
      For oppression, what is the difference between your home town and the place where you live now? Why do you think the latter place is better? I guess you are still a normal person in another place, so still in the group of people who are oppressed.
  • Profile picture of the author princetotem
    Travelling opens my mind and helps with my personal development. Knowing there's more out there than just your town, your city, it's very important for a bigger perspective.
    Beautiful places and experiences are the best things in life (for me.) I want to make the most of being here, which is why I plan to see what I can. I've seen a lot of articles lately saying that 'experiences are the only thing worth buying', I wholeheartedly agree and travelling brings many of them.
    • Profile picture of the author wmrwl
      Originally Posted by princetotem View Post

      Travelling opens my mind and helps with my personal development. Knowing there's more out there than just your town, your city, it's very important for a bigger perspective.
      Beautiful places and experiences are the best things in life (for me.) I want to make the most of being here, which is why I plan to see what I can. I've seen a lot of articles lately saying that 'experiences are the only thing worth buying', I wholeheartedly agree and travelling brings many of them.
      I agree my biggest reason for travelling (besides the relaxation of a tropical vacation) is to take yourself away from your daily like to think. Sometimes you think of things when you are outside of your every day existence.

      Plus, when you observe the things going on around you it can be eye opening and you might be able to correlate that to a problem or situation you've been trying to resolve.
  • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
    Nicely put: "experiences are the best things in life"

    I agree, without the actual experience you only have a vague understanding
    about everything. And theories plus TV is not life. It's virtual nonsense, trying
    hard to resemble reality.

    That's why Jimmy Hendrix asked that question in the 70's:

    "Are you experienced?"




    to the previous post:

    "For oppression, what is the difference between your home town and the place where you live now? Why do you think the latter place is better? I guess you are still a normal person in another place, so still in the group of people who are oppressed."

    I said it already, 7 dead friends, some very close, and a social climate that made it happen.

    No, I've changed a lot, I am not the same person anymore, you're theorizing
    and have no idea why travel will change you.

    "so still in the group of people who are oppressed" No, I'm not, everyone is
    different here than at home. You're guessing too much. Get out and get some
    real experience instead.
    • Profile picture of the author fearlesspioneer
      Originally Posted by George Schwab View Post

      Nicely put: "experiences are the best things in life"

      I agree, without the actual experience you only have a vague understanding
      about everything. And theories plus TV is not life. It's virtual nonsense, trying
      hard to resemble reality.

      That's why Jimmy Hendrix asked that question in the 70's:

      "Are you experienced?"




      to the previous post:

      "For oppression, what is the difference between your home town and the place where you live now? Why do you think the latter place is better? I guess you are still a normal person in another place, so still in the group of people who are oppressed."

      I said it already, 7 dead friends, some very close, and a social climate that made it happen.

      No, I've changed a lot, I am not the same person anymore, you're theorizing
      and have no idea why travel will change you.

      "so still in the group of people who are oppressed" No, I'm not, everyone is
      different here than at home. You're guessing too much. Get out and get some
      real experience instead.
      I think what you mean is you're safer and happier. I agree with that. But safety and oppression are different.

      When I talked about oppression, I mean different classes in the society. The government and some rich people are in the higher class, the normal people are in the low class. So normal people
      are oppressed by the people who are in the high class. Every country is the same. It's the truth. When you live in another country, if you are still a normal person, nothing changes in
      the oppression side. Because you are still in the low class. So travel has nothing to do with oppression if your class doesn't change.

      For life experience, travel can give you so much wonderful life experiences. That's for sure. But when you don't travel, I think you can still have some great life experiences. Not much difference.(at least for me) Because I think your experience is good or not depends more on whether your attitude of life is positive or not than moving to different places. Of course it's under the condition that the place you live before you travel is not too bad.

      Maybe the experiences can be a big differce if you do many
      dangerous things during your travel. Sometimes I consider doing this, lots of adventure, such as living in the wild, skydiving, go to a country which is suffering from war and so on.

      Maybe travelling is more about finding a suitable envirenment for yourself so that you can live a happier life. Because if you don't want to become the people who oppress other people and you
      can't change the society. The best way to change your life can be just moving to another country.
  • Profile picture of the author Rajbir1994
    I love travelling because of the new experiences and I feel like I am taking care of me. I can't sleep in late at home without feeling anxious but when I travel I love that feeling of not being in a hurry to get up and just really enjoying the morning. After each trip I also come home more productive and relaxed.
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    two years ago i lived in the philipine for two months..changed my live..

    i moved to las vegasin march..and started working on the strip a month later and pretty much work every day ..

    i have learned a lot about me ..and grown more faster than any time in my life ..

    though i have 5 dollars to my name right now.. next stop is looking to be hawaii in th next few months

    as human beings we are ment to travel
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author tomleen
    I love travelling because it broadens my perspective. How can some people look content with so little? I also enjoy the food! It seems like all my senses are fully awake when I travel. It also makes me appreciate what I have at home.
  • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
    "The best way to change your life can be just moving to another country"

    Yes its the shortest shortcut.

    Without it: I would not have started a business, i would sit in an office today instead,
    I also would not have met my wife, my beautiful kids would not have been born,
    and i probably would have ended up doing crazy stuff - like all my dead best friends.

    Travel is not the only cure - but it's an important start in the right direction.
    Today i only can laugh about the personal limitations I faced before as the 'old me'

    and this morning i slept in - until 11-30 hahaha, why? Big party last night. Can you do
    that "at home" while working for the INC. or GmbH ?

    And a new biz opportunity came up from one of the guys i met on the beach.
    Big ideas create big opportunities, some as big as "Apple" - only in a complete different
    niche, think BOOM niche that already created a billion turnover just in the first year.

    That's better than watching any TV channel at home, even on a 70' screen .lol.
  • Profile picture of the author Reimaru
    I live in the big city (polluted and one of the top 3 worst traffic in the world).

    I travel and go mountaineering when I have the time and budget just to enjoy nature. There really is nothing like it. Good thing our nearby provinces (Luzon area of the Philippines) are full of mountain ranges that are easy enough to hike.
  • Profile picture of the author Nicol White
    To my minf travelling is a life. WIth it help you broaden your world view and you learn a lotof new things as customs, traditions, begavoir and in different countries you also develop your social skills. So travelling is always a good thing
  • Profile picture of the author elitebill
    I travel mostly for enjoyment and to expand my business network. Would love to visit Madagascar this year.
  • Profile picture of the author George Schwab
    tell you something new: travel IS an esstential

    you come from Cairo or Seattle, it does not matter

    if you never traveled no sensible company would ever hire you
    maybe local, but not internationally. What disqualifies most of the
    local goog guys & girls: my honest advice: stay at home
    what we need is sophisticated global staff - not local iq contestants
    so please do not apply anymore - let;s get a little education

    travel! and maybe one day .....
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    i have traveled and talked to people who worked 60 hours in a week and made about 25 bucks and where happy to have jobs in fact they moved from 1 part of the country they lived in to another for that job ..

    it's not the employer oppressing you when you have a job..its the government taking all those taxes out ..

    travel and moving around is great .. where i don't have student loans, mortgage debt or credit card .. i avoid that kind of oppression..and can live outside the country for a few month if i have the cash ..

    it's not the job that oppresses you it is the lifestyle that forces you to have a job ..
  • Profile picture of the author Just Jess
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author Dabby Rouse
    I love travelling. New places, new experience. My life goal is to travel as much as I can. I set a goal to travel every year and visit at least one unknown for me country. I have already visited 5 countries in such way. This December I am going to Thailand, have already booked tickets lowcost.club and made a little plan of my excursion. I will travel alone, I think it's more convenient 'cause no one will distract me from sightseeing.
  • Profile picture of the author alextrevayne
    Because it broadens your way of thinking. I think it is important to really get to know the culture of the place you are traveling, so for me it is not visiting the touristic places but staying at a small community away from the cities and staying with a local family.
  • Profile picture of the author TouchDownAsia
    Travel is the only thing you buy.That makes you richer.
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    I love traveling because it allows you to learn new things and to experience good weather!
  • Profile picture of the author many10s
    Traveling gives a much higher, birds-eye view of things. It can broaden the inclusion and even embracing of differences outside our personal scope of acceptance, like people different than oneself, language, culture, food and drink, lifestyle, point-of-view, etc.

    It brings many surprising breaths of fresh air.

    One such experience is when I found myself amazed as I stood gazing at hundreds of fruits and vegetables in an open air market in a place thousands of miles away from my homeland. I realized with mixed feelings of joy, amazement, and being humbled that I only vaguely recognized 1 or 2 of the hundreds of fruits and vegetables before my eyes. It was a huge wake-up call that my personal view was not even close to being THE only vantage-point.
  • Profile picture of the author hubertkoh
    Easy. As an individual, you are far too small and insignificant. It is only by travelling around will you see the different perspective in life!

Next Topics on Trending Feed