What is your per month income goal?

by 44 replies
Hey there everyone. I wanted to make this post just for conversation and to drive a little bit into the mindsets of others.

Before I begin though, I want to let you know more about me and what this is not.

I don't wish to know what you make or how many income streams you have or anything like that. I also don't want to know anything that you don't feel comfortable sharing and if your income goal falls under that side then please ignore this post.

Now a little about me.

I am a copywriter and an inspiring entrepreneur. I am FINALLY able to see the big picture and starting to put those ideas into actions. I do work a 9-5 currently but I am happy with my life, wife and child.

Now, onto the actual question.

At what income would you feel like you were fulfilled or would make you happy. I see a lot of my marketer, trader, ecom experts and other friends on Facebook with really great incomes but at different levels.

I have some that are doing 20k per month which is damn good in my eyes 100k per month which is insane, and then people who make those numbers in a day. Literally. I do have some friends that make a few million a month.

I am very proud of those people because they inspire me to do better but I wonder if one actually is ever content with any income amount.

Like I think when I am blessed enough to hit 20-50k mark per month, idk how much more I would do. I would see myself traveling more and just helping more people without worrying about growing my own income. I am not saying that I wouldn't want to sustain my success, but I wouldnt be more concerned with more so more income once I am financially comfortable.

So my question is, how much would it take for you to be comfortable /happy and would you just keep working on more businesses, or just put your time into other things.

Sorry for such a long post by the way.
#mind warriors #goal #income #month
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Originally Posted by jfrombk View Post

    So my question is, how much would it take for you to be comfortable /happy and would you just keep working on more businesses, or just put your time into other things.
    When you look at the people like Murdoch, Gates etc they don't seem to stop regardless of the level of income.

    Having been self employed since mid 1992 I've always had different goals along the way.

    Monthly goals are a little too short term to really guide a decision.

    There are plenty of people that seem to hit it big in a short space of time and although I might dream of hitting it big I know that the greatest leverage one can apply to wealth creation is time.

    My goals tend to be more focused on time related things.

    I always invest a proportion of my income for my long term benefit.

    I try to find time to spend with my family and friends.

    So although I have some modest growth goals associated with my business I tend to measure my success by other standards.

    For example.

    How many times I swam in the ocean this month

    How many times I went fishing with both my sons and my Dad.

    How many times I shared a meal with friends.

    Money can buy time but you need to understand the value of time first and how your relationship with it translates into the way you give it away and what you are willing to trade for your time.

    My real monthly income goal is not a monetary figure although I do have a regular monthly budget.

    My real monthly goal is. . .

    "How many diamond minutes of every golden hour can I spend doing what I enjoy with the people I love"

    Best regards,

    Ozi
    • Profile picture of the author jfrombk
      Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

      When you look at the people like Murdoch, Gates etc they don't seem to stop regardless of the level of income.

      Having been self employed since mid 1992 I've always had different goals along the way.

      Monthly goals are a little too short term to really guide a decision.

      There are plenty of people that seem to hit it big in a short space of time and although I might dream of hitting it big I know that the greatest leverage one can apply to wealth creation is time.

      My goals tend to be more focused on time related things.

      I always invest a proportion of my income for my long term benefit.

      I try to find time to spend with my family and friends.

      So although I have some modest growth goals associated with my business I tend to measure my success by other standards.

      For example.

      How many times I swam in the ocean this month

      How many times I went fishing with both my sons and my Dad.

      How many times I shared a meal with friends.

      Money can buy time but you need to understand the value of time first and how your relationship with it translates into the way you give it away and what you are willing to trade for your time.

      My real monthly income goal is not a monetary figure although I do have a regular monthly budget.

      My real monthly goal is. . .

      "How many diamond minutes of every golden hour can I spend doing what I enjoy with the people I love"

      Best regards,

      Ozi
      This is a great answer. It seems like you have put money in the relationship with time because is indeed the most important thing we have on this earth!

      How many diamond minutes of every golden hour can I spend doing what I enjoy with the people I love


      Great way to put it
    • Profile picture of the author GiftyO
      Great answer. Awesome!

      And that is what I am aspiring for - "spend many diamond minutes of every golden hour doing what I enjoy with the people I love."
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    i think to answer this you have to start by identifying the minimum you need to make from you business to support a comfortable life aka housing healthy food, health insurance , vehicle .. an a few other thing .. like saving and paying off consumer debt ..

    hit that then before you use any increase in income for increase in lifestyle add to saveing.. pay off debt, pay off housing , put money aside to pay for next vehicle ..

    ok it is really about identifying the lifestyle you want and makng the money through a business to support that ..

    i have to keep an eye on my health .. i have met two people in the last year why where my age (38) and had made a lot of money.. but destroyed their health along the way .. one developed 1000 dollar a day cock habit .. and had had two heart attack and three strokes or was it three heat attacks and two stroke ,, and has 6 months to live with terminal cancer ..

    and the other was a former stripper who made 1-3 thousand dollars a day .. but wrapped selophane around her waist and wore three sweaters then ran on a treadmill for several hours a day.. didn't eat real food and lived off vitamin suppliment.. and was very angry that she no had organ damage and three kinds of cancer ....a bad hear .. type 2 and adult onset type 1 diabetes ..

    and i live in las Vegas now ..so you run in to people with plenty of money in the bank but shitty lives ..

    if you don't lock down the happy. exciting/ true comfort .. before you begin building wealth.. it gets harder as you get more wealth and try to fill the hole.. at least you can pay the best doctor and the pop gurus and get someone to prescribe the best drugs ..

    there is a difference between real comfort and the comfort zone most people are tolerating pain but surrounded by people with the same types of pain ..

    if you are not married to staying in one area to make your income..and you are able ..to jump on a plane to a dozen places you can rent a luxury apartment for a month for 1500 , eat meals out for 5 -10 dollars for a gormet meal.. get a real (no happy ending ) massage for 10 -20 bucks every couple days.... be on or near a beach ..

    honestly most people have no idea what comfort is .. ell you can stay in a decent hotel room in Las vegas for 100 bucks a night for a month

    well.. you have to identify real comfort and realize you can upgrade your idea of comfort ..
    • Profile picture of the author jfrombk
      Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

      i think to answer this you have to start by identifying the minimum you need to make from you business to support a comfortable life aka housing healthy food, health insurance , vehicle .. an a few other thing .. like saving and paying off consumer debt ..

      hit that then before you use any increase in income for increase in lifestyle add to saveing.. pay off debt, pay off housing , put money aside to pay for next vehicle ..

      ok it is really about identifying the lifestyle you want and makng the money through a business to support that ..

      i have to keep an eye on my health .. i have met two people in the last year why where my age (38) and had made a lot of money.. but destroyed their health along the way .. one developed 1000 dollar a day cock habit .. and had had two heart attack and three strokes or was it three heat attacks and two stroke ,, and has 6 months to live with terminal cancer ..

      and the other was a former stripper who made 1-3 thousand dollars a day .. but wrapped selophane around her waist and wore three sweaters then ran on a treadmill for several hours a day.. didn't eat real food and lived off vitamin suppliment.. and was very angry that she no had organ damage and three kinds of cancer ....a bad hear .. type 2 and adult onset type 1 diabetes ..

      and i live in las Vegas now ..so you run in to people with plenty of money in the bank but shitty lives ..

      if you don't lock down the happy. exciting/ true comfort .. before you begin building wealth.. it gets harder as you get more wealth and try to fill the hole.. at least you can pay the best doctor and the pop gurus and get someone to prescribe the best drugs ..

      there is a difference between real comfort and the comfort zone most people are tolerating pain but surrounded by people with the same types of pain ..

      if you are not married to staying in one area to make your income..and you are able ..to jump on a plane to a dozen places you can rent a luxury apartment for a month for 1500 , eat meals out for 5 -10 dollars for a gormet meal.. get a real (no happy ending ) massage for 10 -20 bucks every couple days.... be on or near a beach ..

      honestly most people have no idea what comfort is .. ell you can stay in a decent hotel room in Las vegas for 100 bucks a night for a month

      well.. you have to identify real comfort and realize you can upgrade your idea of comfort ..
      Thank you for your answer. Being so young, I didn't think that there were that many people struggling with those issues around your age
  • Profile picture of the author YasirYar
    Hmm. This is an interesting question.

    When I started SEO back in 2008, I was only 23 year old and was ecstatic to make $2500. That novelty soon grew old and I just wasn't content with it anymore.

    I kept working hard and had the biggest month of my life at $51,000 in 2013 after which I haven't been able to replicate such success. I guess that was a stroke of luck

    I'd be happy to earn 30K per month. I guess after a certain amount of income, things really aren't that different.

    Just my 2 cents.
    • Profile picture of the author jfrombk
      Originally Posted by YasirYar View Post

      Hmm. This is an interesting question.

      When I started SEO back in 2008, I was only 23 year old and was ecstatic to make $2500. That novelty soon grew old and I just wasn't content with it anymore.

      I kept working hard and had the biggest month of my life at $51,000 in 2013 after which I haven't been able to replicate such success. I guess that was a stroke of luck

      I'd be happy to earn 30K per month. I guess after a certain amount of income, things really aren't that different.

      Just my 2 cents.
      51k most have felt amazing! But yes, I am in agreement with you with your position, as long as all my needs are met, and I have enough to do what I want and when I want the rest of that Is just excess.
  • Profile picture of the author olapero
    Banned
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author hubertkoh
    I think the usual answer will be an amount that is comfortable.

    But I would say that it would be an amount passively such that what I like and enjoy doing.

    Now note that doing what you love maybe not always be the smartest idea for income.
    • Profile picture of the author jfrombk
      Originally Posted by hubertkoh View Post

      I think the usual answer will be an amount that is comfortable.

      But I would say that it would be an amount passively such that what I like and enjoy doing.

      Now note that doing what you love maybe not always be the smartest idea for income.
      I agree with you here.
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    because wealthy and rich people integrate their lifestyle with their business .. a lot of the cost of their comforts are shifted to business expense ..

    if tai lopes is leasing or renting that big house .. and those cars as marketing tools .. they are clasified as business expenses .. which pale to what he spend on you tube add buys ..

    this line of thinking escapes most people who buy everything with after tax dollars
  • Profile picture of the author velvetcake
    $6,250 per month is linked to happiness. ($75,000 per year) money really does solve problems and buy happiness up to a point. above that amount, it doesn't correlate. [2010 princeton study from 2008/2009 surveys]

    also in wealth/happiness studies relative wealth is important. if you are significantly less wealthy than your neighbors in an expensive area..... that can take a toll on happiness.

    my ideal life would have staff-- personal chef (personal chef is 1x a week, not a private chef which is everyday) assistant for errands, gardener, etc. so my "comfortable/ happy" goal is higher than $75,000. probably $25,000 per month ($300,000 per year after tax) as a baseline.

    edit: saving/investing ideal is diverse including real estate.
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by velvetcake View Post

      $6,250 per month is linked to happiness. ($75,000 per year) money really does solve problems and buy happiness up to a point. above that amount, it doesn't correlate. [2010 princeton study from 2008/2009 surveys]

      also in wealth/happiness studies relative wealth is important. if you are significantly less wealthy than your neighbors in an expensive area..... that can take a toll on happiness.

      my ideal life would have staff-- personal chef (personal chef is 1x a week, not a private chef which is everyday) assistant for errands, gardener, etc. so my "comfortable/ happy" goal is higher than $75,000. probably $25,000 per month ($300,000 per year after tax) as a baseline.

      edit: saving/investing ideal is diverse including real estate.
      the problem is the figure changes based on where you live or the cost of living where you live ..

      most people gain relative happiness based on how much more money they have..than those around them .. if how much they make matter to their state of happiness ..

      this was the original sale of working online ..verse the resent new way to work 80 hours a week to try and get rich.. because you can develop a online income of 3-5 k a month.. and then travel to place that are great to live and have lower costs of living ..

      with a job .. to have high income you normally have to live where it is expensive to live ..

      you make 250 in parts of cali .. or new york city.. and other parts of the world not only are you working broke but you are surrounded by people who make a lot more money .. so your relative happiness sucks as well ..

      ok when you travel outside the country and away from tourist areas ..that are still safe for you too be ..and say you are also in an area where people are working 10 hours a day making 50 cents an hour ..

      these people will be happy to have jobs.. and possibly send a good chunk of the money they make to family ..

      true happiness and fulfillment is a direct result oh your ability to help those you care about ..and the amount of time you can spend with those who matter to you ..

      right now .. i make maybe 1500 a month all cash..i am happy to have a place to sleep , heat and air conditioning, groceries or food to eat .. and im not tied to a job where people are telling me when i have to sleep wake up eat.. and when i can go the bathroom ..

      i am also learning a lot doing what i am doing .. as i am talking to and in contact with people all the time who are very happy to see and talk to me while i work.. we are social beings .. the more you interact with other while you are happy and help them be happy .. it increases your own baseline happiness ..

      the lie of our culture .. is basing everything off money ..which you can blame the catholic church for .. barter did not fall out of practice because money was easier to use.. the church wanted all transaction in cash..to get it's tithe ...

      if you made 10000 in three days .. and relaxed the rest of the month .. even though if you did that every money.. and your in like the top 2 percent of incomes .. you are looked at as lazy ..

      to attain real happiness you first have to purge your programming of the huge amount of conditioning that keeps you poor.. that teaches you that rich people are lazy and bad and unhappy.. and working like a slave is a virtue ..
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by velvetcake View Post

      $6,250 per month is linked to happiness. ($75,000 per year) money really does solve problems and buy happiness up to a point. above that amount, it doesn't correlate. [2010 princeton study from 2008/2009 surveys]

      also in wealth/happiness studies relative wealth is important. if you are significantly less wealthy than your neighbors in an expensive area..... that can take a toll on happiness.

      my ideal life would have staff-- personal chef (personal chef is 1x a week, not a private chef which is everyday) assistant for errands, gardener, etc. so my "comfortable/ happy" goal is higher than $75,000. probably $25,000 per month ($300,000 per year after tax) as a baseline.

      edit: saving/investing ideal is diverse including real estate.
      save to invest ..and real investment are assets that produce income.. so buy stock that has a dividend .. you can even turn your personal residence into an asset .. if it never goes up in value .. via having a home office, or having a backyard farm.. if you buy a place with an idea of what you want to do to make money and what is legal where you are ..

      you can get your personal chef or a chef too cook for you one time a week.. if you grow food for their operation on your land .. or for several chefs ..so every week one come over and cooks ..

      there are many more ways to get what you want than just earning the money to buy it.. hell there are loads of more effective or efficient ways to get much of what you want ..

      shit not to far in the future you will have a cooking robot or home based kiosk that you just put the ingredients in the correct imput slots and the robot will cook it .. granted it may cost 10 -30 k .. but having a personal cheff to cook three meals a day..the works every day and may only be down a few days at a time ..

      look there is already those little robot vacuums .. its not too long before you can send drones to pick up your take out food ..or pick your groceries up from the store so .. you do not have to get them all at once ..

      you will have home based medicel equipment .. that beats going to the doctor.. that for easy tests .. can tell you what you need to eat .. today or in the next few day to take care of deficiencies ..

      create your model of success based of of what is possible today or in the future..instead of what rich people or wealthy people did in the past ..
    • Profile picture of the author jfrombk
      Originally Posted by velvetcake View Post

      $6,250 per month is linked to happiness. ($75,000 per year) money really does solve problems and buy happiness up to a point. above that amount, it doesn't correlate. [2010 princeton study from 2008/2009 surveys]

      also in wealth/happiness studies relative wealth is important. if you are significantly less wealthy than your neighbors in an expensive area..... that can take a toll on happiness.

      my ideal life would have staff-- personal chef (personal chef is 1x a week, not a private chef which is everyday) assistant for errands, gardener, etc. so my "comfortable/ happy" goal is higher than $75,000. probably $25,000 per month ($300,000 per year after tax) as a baseline.

      edit: saving/investing ideal is diverse including real estate.
      what would it matter if you are not as wealthy as your neighbors. and how would you actually gather that information?
  • Profile picture of the author Nicholas Cross
    Wow! Your friends have tackled online success. 100,000 a month is a beautiful number - I have trouble even imagining what that'd be like. ALSO- Bravo to you for being a happy, motivated man. A successful attitude breeds success.

    For me, personally, to be comfortably happy - would be enough to quit my day job and travel, while occasionally checking in to make sure everything is running smoothly (so, approximately 4 hours a week of work).

    So - I'd say 5,000 dollars a month. I think that is pretty comfortable.

    I've implemented steps to lighten the mental load - right now, I'm shooting for 1,000 dollars a month.

    Good luck to everyone <3
    • Profile picture of the author jfrombk
      Originally Posted by Nicholas Cross View Post

      Wow! Your friends have tackled online success. 100,000 a month is a beautiful number - I have trouble even imagining what that'd be like. ALSO- Bravo to you for being a happy, motivated man. A successful attitude breeds success.

      For me, personally, to be comfortably happy - would be enough to quit my day job and travel, while occasionally checking in to make sure everything is running smoothly (so, approximately 4 hours a week of work).

      So - I'd say 5,000 dollars a month. I think that is pretty comfortable.

      I've implemented steps to lighten the mental load - right now, I'm shooting for 1,000 dollars a month.

      Good luck to everyone <3
      Thank you very much. Yea they are not people that I know in person, but a few of them are well known success stories. I know there are a lot of frauds online, but the people that I see in these areas are those I have seen grow in the years I have known them. good luck to you too.
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    my monthly income goal is enough

    i dont have a monthly income gaol
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    What is your per month income goal?
    bout five hundud fitty milyun
  • Profile picture of the author anfernee15
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author hubertkoh
    Income is just a number. I would like attaining assets is the true goal!
  • Profile picture of the author drewgood
    The crazy thing about people is that sometimes what they think will finally make them happy, won't actually make them happy, and then they'll just want something even more.

    Where I'm going with this is that whatever goal you might figure out for yourself, by all means, go for it! ...just don't be surprised if when you finally make it, you're not already jumping on to a further level in the game.

    My humble advice. Go after that goal with everything you've got, but also seek fulfillment in areas of life outside of finances. There are many in the past who have stated that the non-financial fulfillment would likely more easily result in better finances in some way.
  • Profile picture of the author dave147
    My income goal per month is $40,000
  • Profile picture of the author Master Blake
    $1 a month as long as I'm happy.
  • Profile picture of the author dburk
    Currently, $4.17 million, will likely raise it afterwards.

    In my opinion it's important to have a specific goal to set your course by, otherwise you are just wandering aimlessly.

    Even if you do not reach your goal, simple having a goal and remaining focused on it can keep you from getting lost. You'll always know where you came from and where you are heading.

    For example, in 1492 Christopher Columbus set a course for India, sailing west from Spain. While he never made it all the way to India, he at least had a course to follow and changed the world in the process.
  • Profile picture of the author plamen2000
    My short-term goal is making $100k/month. Then I will find the best way to make long-term passive income. I don't want to work all my life. I want to spend my time laughing with my wife and playing with my kids.
  • Profile picture of the author Mr Bill
    I have asked this exact question over 800 times in my money mindset sessions and almost without exception people have no idea or they pull out some ridiculous amount that would probably be enough. When challenged and asked "why" they have no idea. Too many (active) entrepreneurs just want to become "millionaires" without really knowing why or what it would actually take to become or feel wealthy, they just know they want it.

    I've learned some pretty hard lessons about money (as we all have I expect) and a couple of the biggest lessons have been that big money comes fast, you can spend any amount of money almost instantly and unless you know how much you need to live a fantastic life according to your values you'll always just want "more" and more and more and more until you die. That's a shit life.

    I know that all I need to feel wealthy and free from financial stress is twice my essential expenses for my current or expected circumstances. That leaves me with all my bills paid and another that much to spend on fun and luxuries. By having an exact amount to spend on fun and luxuries every week I can be happy spending just that and no more and I'm still living well AND within my means.
  • Profile picture of the author AL Hummel
    I feel that $200 per day (and room to expand more upon that after it manifests) would be great enough to be life changing for me.
  • Profile picture of the author rprieto60
    Humans, by nature, need a purpose. A man without purpose turns upon himself and those close to him in short time.

    Whenever I hit my goal of desired income, I take a short break to relax, celebrate, and spend a bit more on my favorite charities and buying gifts for those I love.

    After a short respite, I set a higher goal then strive for that. The pleasure and excitement are not so much in achieving the goal as they are the journey. As they say, the pleasure is in the hunt.

Next Topics on Trending Feed