How to stay motivated when you have no results?

by ish1231231 18 replies
Correct me if I'm wrong but, normally people only feel motivation within the first few days of working on their business and it is quickly gone when they are faced with the reality of it and the numbers. Or in other cases when they finally get results. I know some people can be motivated everyday but most people are not like that. My question is what do you do when you have no motivation and you have no results? I've heard of using artificial triggers, but I have no idea where to go from that.

Anything would help. Thanks
#mind warriors #motivated #results #stay
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author cynthiaSEL
    You can inspire yourself by breaking down what results are for you into smaller pieces. Business isn't just revenue and profit. Early steps are building a foundation. For example, gaining skills shows results in smaller ways. Implementing gives skills, along with clarity, focus and the joy of making progress.
    Signature

    By the way, if you're struggling with your online business and you just need a pick me up click here: http://www.persistentgrowth.com/wf

  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    The Pub!

    But, buying Think and Grow Rich, and setting it alight, also does wonders.

  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    You need to experience your goal.
    • If your goal is a new house, go browse new houses.
    • If your goal is a new car, go browse new cars, take one for a test drive.

    This can help motivate you and get you back on track. Basically you need a taste of the end goal.
    Signature
    We have the technology.
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    if you are new to business and just starting . there is a good chance you have to learn a bunch of ways that don't work. and plus now migh be a shitty time to start any business and expect great results ..

    people are paying off their x-mas tabs and looking forward to their tax returns ..
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    try sports betting investing

    results every few minutes
  • Profile picture of the author AL Hummel
    When i'm feeling lost and unmotivated I pray for confidence and strength. I put my faith into having Faith that god hears me and is truly helping me equally. I believe with my heart that you need to Ask (or pray) to receive, especially when there seems to be no way out. Blessings to you.
  • Profile picture of the author Ahmadm7
    Banned
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by ish1231231 View Post

    Correct me if I'm wrong but, normally people only feel motivation within the first few days of working on their business and it is quickly gone when they are faced with the reality of it and the numbers. Or in other cases when they finally get results. I know some people can be motivated everyday but most people are not like that. My question is what do you do when you have no motivation and you have no results? I've heard of using artificial triggers, but I have no idea where to go from that.

    Anything would help. Thanks
    True, after the first 5 years l lost a bit of motivation, but after 9 years, l had plenty.

    Results, l spent 2.5 years on one site, and had some promising results, but in the end, l built up a site with tons of content, but b****all in the way of profits, (unless $1.30 every month or two with adsense is noteworthy).

    I go and watch a motivational video, (usually Amit Meta's PPC Classroom seminar video) when l doubt myself or an idiot try's to give me a "becoming rich is impossible online, l am master of the universe, so l know" speech.

    Words won't convince these idiots, but a pile of cash on the table will!

    The end of the Shawshank Dedemption is also excellent to stay motivated. Hope is good, and ending up on a beach, sigh, good stuff.

    You need to create a file of motivational stuff.

    As for keep going, l found a million dollar idea a short while ago, (trade secret, sorry). How did l find that?

    Bloody hard work, persistence, ignoring stupid people changing tracks when needed, and continuing to try when things looked break, (you get your best ideas, when things look bleak).

    Idiots in stupid jobs, just don't get it, and probably never will.

    Someone in a job, and can see no other way of making serious money, will see your efforts as a waste of time, especially the ones that think that they know everything.

    The ones that know everything already know that it won't work, but when you start making more and more, then they will put it down to dumb luck, groan....

    I didn't find a vein of gold, because of luck, l found it, because l never gave up.

    Online is just a process of elimination, persist for long enough and try enough things for long enough, and you will end up doing what you have some sort of interest in, and making big bucks from it.

    And showing your idiot brother, or friend, that thinks that they know it all, that they only think that they know it all, because they are too gutless to try themselves.

    Good luck.

    Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

    if you are new to business and just starting . there is a good chance you have to learn a bunch of ways that don't work. and plus now migh be a shitty time to start any business and expect great results ..

    people are paying off their x-mas tabs and looking forward to their tax returns ..
    Not in Australia.

    Originally Posted by Ryan Tran View Post

    What is your thought about "Think rich and grow rich"
    It is combustible.

  • Profile picture of the author Kitiemau
    Go to hit the wall!
  • Profile picture of the author Kingten
    Progress is what makes us happy, if you have a big goal that you want to accomplish, you have to brake it down in to small tasks, inch by inch, anything is a cinch.

    And you should learn how to enjoy the journey and still focused to the destination.
    If today you achieve one thing, & tomorrow you do the other one again and so on & on,
    you will star to gain a momentum.

    That way you will be motivated, you will be looking forward to do one more thing the following day.
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by Kingten View Post

      Progress is what makes us happy, if you have a big goal that you want to accomplish, you have to brake it down in to small tasks, inch by inch, anything is a cinch.

      And you should learn how to enjoy the journey and still focused to the destination.
      If today you achieve one thing, & tomorrow you do the other one again and so on & on,
      you will star to gain a momentum.

      That way you will be motivated, you will be looking forward to do one more thing the following day.
      Damn, l hate it when a newbie says something clever!

Trending Topics