How to restore lost motivation?

by WorkFromHomeBeginner 32 replies
Hi everybody,

It's two years from now since my first time I heard about internet marketing and making money online, it was a blog post in my local language talking about affiliate marketing and how people succeeded to make a living from it. After I decided to try my luck in the game and start learning and studying everything I found on the internet. First year was full of information overload; hundreds of videos, Gurus lists subscription, buying get rich products, etc..
Finally, I registered a .com domain, designed my first own website, it was in the make money online niche. But after few months I had some problems in my day job, Problems with my wife about " my wasted time" on the laptop (she has no idea about what I am trying to do even after I explained to her everything), so I neglected my site, especially with the very known obstacles such as: time, budget for marketing, autoresponder fees, expensive blog copywriters, experience, etc.. So I listed the website on Flippa, and completely forgot about it, and about everything in the making money online stuff, it was my hard work and I felt very sorry about it..
And just one month before the domain name and hosting expires, I had an email from Flippa telling me I received an offer about my site, Checked it out, and.. WoW... somebody wants to buy my site for 470$ , and he is very motivated about it.. So, after some easy negotiations, we had a deal for 515 bucks , And it was the first money I made online .. Can't forget it's taste.. I was happy and proud of myself.
After, I decided to restart from the beginning, but this time I invested in starter website creation and selling, learned about domain names, purchased a hosting with unlimited add-on domains, and sold more than 32 websites on Flippa and made good amount of money. Currently I decided to go ahead and bring my business to the next level. especially after I made some product sales on two websites listed for auction on Flippa.
Currently I own 6 ready-made starter websites on "news/media, cpa marketing, bodybuilding, marketing graphics", and three parked domains about Web traffic niche and holiday services online.

The fact is I am thinking on starting a business as a web traffic reseller, because I have a very good one-word domain name, ready and easy to get branded. But the problem is I am not sure if selling web traffic is a good start, I read in many posts here that online traffic selling is not a good business to run, due to several risks such as low quality traffic, bots, etc...
Now, I am very worry about the hard earned money I intend to invest, and it's now two weeks that I am blocked and didn't take a single step ahead, I feel stuck, the next step has very difficult tasks, and Lately I've been completely unmotivated to do anything. Getting things done is a challenge. Everything seems very difficult, complicated and dangerous, I am not wishing to restart from scratch and lose everything. This is why I am no more happy with what I do, and this lack of motivation is getting me depressed day after day. I feel completely lost.
I just need some advices from you please, have you been at this point before? what did you do to restart? And If you have any suggestion or advice for my case it would be appreciated.
Sorry for this long post, and for my English.
#mind warriors #lost #motivation #restore
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author sharpturn
    Sounds like it could be a case of "burnout".
    It happens when you overwork yourself. Happened to me early last year...totally lost all motivation....I didn't want to do anything.

    So...what I did was take a whole week away from my computer and internet marketing. I did other offline work for a few hours and then read, went out, did some exercise and even watched stupid stuff on TV....brain dead stuff.

    After that week I felt re-freshed and ready to get back into the game!
    So maybe you need to take some time off....a few days to recharge.
    Signature

    FREE NEWBIE COURSE - Earn 4-5 Figures A Month From Your Home!
    PROFITS FROM PUBLISHING

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterkailo
    Read The 10X Rule

    That helped me a lot
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claudiu Baciu
    Hi Mustapha,

    Here are my 2 cents:

    You don't need any restart...

    All you need is to start doing the things you know you should do to move your project forward, in spite of all the fears and doubts you have right now.

    And start with baby steps...divide your project into tiny little parts and start working on a single little task until it's completed.

    If you have problems starting, then start working for 5 minutes or even for 1 minute and then take a break. Then work again for 1 or 5 minutes. Very soon your motivation will kick in and you will find yourself wanting to work more until you finish the task you started.

    Every little victory over yourself will make it even easier to act the next time. After a while, it will be pretty easy to work daily for a few hours on your online biz.

    And stop fearing failure... If you fail, it's not such a big deal. At least now you know what's not working and you can start something else that may bring you the success you need and want.

    One more thing...

    Stop focusing on the lack of action. When you focus on your procrastination, you will continue to procrastinate.

    Whatever you focus on, you will continue to get! Start focusing on action and results and what you can do to move into action and get the results you want.

    Have a great day and a Massively Productive 2017.


    All the best,
    Claudiu
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RefuseToLose
    Forget motivation.

    Build discipline.

    Pumping yourself up and motivating yourself to get stuff done will only work for a little while. Eventually you'll feel shitty again and not want to do anything.

    That's where discipline kicks in.

    Internet marketing isn't easy and you'll soon lose your 'passion' for it once you hit your first major obstacle. The difference between people who are successful and those who do internet marketing as a hobby is the discipline the successful people build up.

    Life sucks sometimes. But you just have to keep on pushing forward. The problems you run away from will be there tomorrow when you wake up. So just suck it up and get it over with today.
    Signature
    How Obama Helped Me Make $18,000 A Month With PPV Traffic!
    Discover How To Get 1000% Returns Using This Forgotten Traffic Source
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by WorkFromHomeBeginner View Post

    Also, I feel very motivated and it's now two weeks that I am blocked and didn't take a single step ahead, I feel stuck, the next step has very difficult tasks, and Lately I've been completely unmotivated to do anything. Getting things done is a challenge. Everything seems very difficult and dangerous, I am not wishing to restart from scratch and lose everything. This is why I am no more happy with what I do, and this lack of motivation is getting me depressed day after day. I feel completely lost.
    I just need some advices from you please, have you been at this point before? what did you do to restart? And If you have any suggestion or advice for my case it would be appreciated.
    Sorry for this long post, and for my English.
    Yes, as others have said, don't try to throw everything on one action, but space it out.

    I am currently trying to outsource getting a team to do flyers for me, and sure l could throw a packet at it, and hope that makes enough to live off.

    But it is much safer to pay them to do a small number, then make adjustments, and do some more, til hopefully they know exactly what l want.

    After that if l can cover their monthly costs, then there is no limits!

    Just because motivational books say, risk everything, doesn't mean you actually have to risk everything!

    I have thought this through thoroughly and just like you l am worried that l missed something, but if l do it in small steps then at worst l might lose $50 on substandard work.

    Even that isn't a problem, but hopefully they will give me a discount to clean them up?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11001963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    When I lose my way, it is usually because I am focused on too many things. I try to focus on fewer things. The most important step for me is to focus on why I was doing the thing to begin with. If the why is not important anymore I may abandon the effort as fruitless. If my why was very important I go back in full force. Sometimes it is about finding what was fun about the activity to begin with. "Fall in love" with it again
    Signature

    Mike Allen - How to earn $100/Day with Free Traffic Methods http://traffic-tutor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11002003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    Originally Posted by WorkFromHomeBeginner View Post

    Hi everybody,

    It's two years from now since my first time I hear about internet marketing and making money online, it was a blog post in my local language talking about affiliate marketing and how people succeeded to make a living from it. After I decided to try my luck in the game and start learning and studying everything I found on the internet. First year was full of information overload; hundreds of videos, Gurus lists subscription, buying get rich products, etc..
    Finally, I registered a .com domain, designed my first own website, it was in the make money online niche. But after few months I had some problems in my day job, Problems with my wife about " my wasted time" on the laptop (she has no idea about what I am trying to do even after I explained to her everything), so I neglected my site, especially with the very known obstacles such as, time, budget for marketing, autoresponder fees, expensive blog copywriters, experience, etc.. So I listed the website on Flippa, and completely forgot about it, and about everything in the making money online stuff, it was a hard work and I felt sorry about it..
    And just one month before the domain name and hosting expires, I had an email from Flippa telling me I received an offer about my site, Checked it out, and.. WoW... somebody wants to buy my site for 470$ , and feels very motivated about it.. So, after some easy negotiations, we had a deal for 515 bucks , And it was the first money I made online .. Can't forget it's tast.. I was happy and proud of myself.
    After, I decided to restart from the beginning, but this time I invested in starter website creation and selling, learned about domain names, purchased a hosting with unlimited add-on domains, and sold more than 32 websites on Flippa and made good amount of money. Currently I decided to go ahead and bring my business to the next level. especially after I made some sales on two websites listed for auction on Flippa.
    Currently I own 6 ready-made starter websites on "news/media, cpa marketing, bodybuilding, marketing graphics", and three parked domains about Web traffic niche and holiday services online.

    The fact is I am thinking on starting a business as a web traffic reseller, because I have a very good one-word domain name, ready and easy to get branded. But the problem is I am not sure if selling web traffic is a good start, I read in many posts here that online traffic selling is not a good business to run, due to several risks such as low quality traffic, bots, etc...
    Also, I feel very motivated and it's now two weeks that I am blocked and didn't take a single step ahead, I feel stuck, the next step has very difficult tasks, and Lately I've been completely unmotivated to do anything. Getting things done is a challenge. Everything seems very difficult and dangerous, I am not wishing to restart from scratch and lose everything. This is why I am no more happy with what I do, and this lack of motivation is getting me depressed day after day. I feel completely lost.
    I just need some advices from you please, have you been at this point before? what did you do to restart? And If you have any suggestion or advice for my case it would be appreciated.
    Sorry for this long post, and for my English.
    I would recommend to take some time and follow/read/watch the most successful Internet Marketers in your Niche for inspiration. Also be sure to watch some motivational videos and read motivational books.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11002445].message }}
  • Originally Posted by misterkailo View Post

    Read The 10X Rule

    That helped me a lot
    Thanks misterkailo, I read the summary and it's a wonderful book. Added to my readings list.

    Originally Posted by Claudiu Baciu View Post

    Hi Mustapha,

    Here are my 2 cents:

    You don't need any restart...

    All you need is to start doing the things you know you should do to move your project forward, in spite of all the fears and doubts you have right now.

    And start with baby steps...divide your project into tiny little parts and start working on a single little task until it's completed.

    If you have problems starting, then start working for 5 minutes or even for 1 minute and then take a break. Then work again for 1 or 5 minutes. Very soon your motivation will kick in and you will find yourself wanting to work more until you finish the task you started.

    Every little victory over yourself will make it even easier to act the next time. After a while, it will be pretty easy to work daily for a few hours on your online biz.

    And stop fearing failure... If you fail, it's not such a big deal. At least now you know what's not working and you can start something else that may bring you the success you need and want.

    One more thing...

    Stop focusing on the lack of action. When you focus on your procrastination, you will continue to procrastinate.

    Whatever you focus on, you will continue to get! Start focusing on action and results and what you can do to move into action and get the results you want.

    Have a great day and a Massively Productive 2017.


    All the best,
    Claudiu
    Yes Claudiu, the fear of failure is a big obstacle in my way.. You touched the right point. Also dividing the project into little tiny tasks is a good idea, but it's time consuming, anyway, it's better than staying stuck and lose everything at the end. Thanks Claudiu

    Originally Posted by RefuseToLose View Post

    Forget motivation.

    Build discipline.

    Pumping yourself up and motivating yourself to get stuff done will only work for a little while. Eventually you'll feel shitty again and not want to do anything.

    That's where discipline kicks in.

    Internet marketing isn't easy and you'll soon lose your 'passion' for it once you hit your first major obstacle. The difference between people who are successful and those who do internet marketing as a hobby is the discipline the successful people build up.

    Life sucks sometimes. But you just have to keep on pushing forward. The problems you run away from will be there tomorrow when you wake up. So just suck it up and get it over with today.
    Thank you RefuseToLose for your advice, you are right; life sucks.. I tried to organize myself and use time managment plans for maximum profit, it worked well in the first days, but after, I gave up and returned to my bad habits; opening 3 navigators, 5 applications and working on 10 projects at the same time, which means bad quality and tons of unfinished tasks..
    Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

    Yes, as others have said, don't try to throw everything on one action, but space it out.

    I am currently trying to outsource getting a team to do flyers for me, and sure l could throw a packet at it, and hope that makes enough to live off.

    But it is much safer to pay them to do a small number, then make adjustments, and do some more, til hopefully they know exactly what l want.

    After that if l can cover their monthly costs, then there is no limits!

    Just because motivational books say, risk everything, doesn't mean you actually have to risk everything!

    I have thought this through thoroughly and just like you l am worried that l missed something, but if l do it in small steps then at worst l might lose $50 on substandard work.

    Even that isn't a problem, but hopefully they will give me a discount to clean them up?

    Yes tagiscom, don't put all your eggs in one basket, also don't keep them until they expire. Thanks for this suggestion, small steps are always the best choice.


    Originally Posted by mdallen View Post

    When I lose my way, it is usually because I am focused on too many things. I try to focus on fewer things. The most important step for me is to focus on why I was doing the thing to begin with. If the why is not important anymore I may abandon the effort as fruitless. If my why was very important I go back in full force. Sometimes it is about finding what was fun about the activity to begin with. "Fall in love" with it again
    It's the WHY who push you to do what you are doing now, but if it's strong enough,
    I love working and doing business online, my BIG DREAM is to have a full online income for me, my wife, and my two children. rather than spending days on travelling with tourists and having a boss who dictates my moves. The good point in my current job is that I am travelling a lot in my country, especially in the high touristic season (I am a local guide). But I prefer to stay in my home, spend more time with my family, and make sure we are in a good financial situation. Thanks mdallen
    Originally Posted by Mariaparkar View Post

    I just read the post, which is quite motivational right off the bat.
    Thanks Mariaparkar, Warriorforum is full of nice people with good intentions to help the others. Thanks everyone.
    Originally Posted by DURABLEOILCOM View Post

    I would recommend to take some time and follow/read/watch the most successful Internet Marketers in your Niche for inspiration. Also be sure to watch some motivational videos and read motivational books.
    Thank you DURABLEOILCOM for your recommandation, this is actually what I am doing, I am online just on Warriorforum, and in contact with some good successful guys. I know a guy from my city, (he is famous now), Started in 2009, focused on CPA Marketing, now he built many 6 figure income streams, moved from Morocco and lives actually in thailand, his history is the most motivational in my case, because I knew him personally, and because of him I really believe that if you want something, it can happen, but only if you REALLY want it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11002515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ERIC BLACKWOOD
    Find something to put faith on man - but you do need oodles of faith and some of your dreams (read: projections), will turn to reality.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11002690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex July
    Your messages reminded me of my occasional successes.
    Yes, it motivates when you forget about your website, and they get paid for selling it. It it's occasional success and occasional motivation.
    Ok, you wanna start a business, do you have a dream, a goal, a plan?
    You need help, suuport? Are you qualified to start a business?
    Look:
    I am thinking on starting a business as a web traffic reseller, because I have a very good one-word domain name, ready and easy to get branded.
    The lack of motivation is a signal that you're not passionate about what you're doing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11002927].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Alex July View Post

      Your messages reminded me of my occasional successes.
      Yes, it motivates when you forget about your website, and they get paid for selling it. It it's occasional success and occasional motivation.
      Ok, you wanna start a business, do you have a dream, a goal, a plan?
      You need help, suuport? Are you qualified to start a business?
      Look:


      The lack of motivation is a signal that you're not passionate about what you're doing.
      Thanks Alex, but I am really passionate, but just need confidence of myself.. I remember when I sold my first website, I didn't believe.. But now, I know what website buyers exactly want, majority of my websites sold by the Buy It Now button on Flippa. And I have many beautiful expressions on my feedback portfolio there. But..
      My problem is confidence, I don't want to spend all my life creating and selling websites to the others. I want to apply what I learned, go to the next level and diversify sources of income, invest in an advanced project.. but I have that "fear of failure", This is why I headed here to ask for help. I couldn't decide.. Also, it's not limited to that domain I mentioned. I have many other choices, I just need confidence. But really excited.. Thank you Alex.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11003023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogozRazvan
    80% of the business decisions you'll make are going to be wrong.

    This means that 8 out of 10 times you'll fail.

    This is true for you, for me and for most people. Even if they may not always be wrong, they'll hardly be the best decision you can take.

    But you know what? The remaining 20% will make you rich.

    You can actually fail 1 times in 5 and still be extremely successful. So stop taking this so personally. Most of the projects you start are not going to work out and most of the decisions you make are going to be stupid.

    BUT ...

    Eventually, one of those decisions will prove brilliant. You won't think of it as brilliant yet it is going to make you ten times as much money as you've thought it is possible. And then you'll understand that life is a process of validating what works.

    Failure is not to be judged on one attempt. We all fail the first time. Failure is to be judged on a longer time frame. If you try ten times and you fail nine times, it is not that you've failed, it is that it took you nine times to find the right approach.

    I know that it sounds as feel good platitudes but it is the truth. We screw things up in life but trying again and again (and preferably learning to not screw up in the same way) makes us strong and successful. The world of successful business is not a world of geniuses that know how to write the perfect copy and pick the perfect niche.

    It is instead a world of spreadsheets where attempts, campaigns, ideas are categorized by ROI and where the last man standing is usually the one that's going to drive home in a Porsche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11003028].message }}
    • Originally Posted by RogozRazvan View Post

      80% of the business decisions you'll make are going to be wrong.

      This means that 8 out of 10 times you'll fail.

      This is true for you, for me and for most people. Even if they may not always be wrong, they'll hardly be the best decision you can take.

      But you know what? The remaining 20% will make you rich.

      You can actually fail 1 times in 5 and still be extremely successful. So stop taking this so personally. Most of the projects you start are not going to work out and most of the decisions you make are going to be stupid.

      BUT ...

      Eventually, one of those decisions will prove brilliant. You won't think of it as brilliant yet it is going to make you ten times as much money as you've thought it is possible. And then you'll understand that life is a process of validating what works.

      Failure is not to be judged on one attempt. We all fail the first time. Failure is to be judged on a longer time frame. If you try ten times and you fail nine times, it is not that you've failed, it is that it took you nine times to find the right approach.

      I know that it sounds as feel good platitudes but it is the truth. We screw things up in life but trying again and again (and preferably learning to not screw up in the same way) makes us strong and successful. The world of successful business is not a world of geniuses that know how to write the perfect copy and pick the perfect niche.

      It is instead a world of spreadsheets where attempts, campaigns, ideas are categorized by ROI and where the last man standing is usually the one that's going to drive home in a Porsche.
      Thank you RogozRazvan, your words are very motivating and, when I know I am not the only one who try and fail, I feel more confident. Who knows, maybe I can be that last man standing one day. Thanks a lot RogozRazvan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11003398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oppyeaunome
    This is something I struggle with from time to time. I can get a lot of work done when I feel motivated but once that motivation wears off I literally don't want to do anything.

    Burnout is real and it's something that happened to me about a week ago. There I was getting all of the work done and flying through everything. Suddenly my body breaks down and I get sick with the flu and I can't do anything. I get over the flu and I just can't seem to get any work done. I watch motivational videos I watch all sorts of stuff thinking I would get into the groove but nothing worked.

    I remember reading a thread on another internet marketing forum and I used the guy who posted as motivation to get started again. He was talking about taking small steps and setting small goals. That's where I started. I set small goals and smashed them and the more I did it the more motivation I got to keep moving forward.

    Motivation alone will lead to burnout and that's why you have to cultivate discipline which comes in handy in the moments when you just don't want to move forward.

    Now I set small goals and I take consistent action towards those goals. I think by doing it this way I have been able to get a lot more done and I continue to take action towards my goals.

    Hope that helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11003440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kaupo Tomson
    Yeah, sure. I've had that problem before.

    I've found that a good way to keep Yourself motivated and disciplined is to set a large goal and then divide that goal into mini goals. And then when You achieve a mini goal, You get excited and motivated and You feel You can actually make something happen. Take action and execute

    I found this concept from this video.


    Saw it some time ago and reading your post, felt like something You might need right now I know it's an invitation to his training sessions but the message itself spoke to me! I got value from it

    Hope that helps and that You find Your way Don't give up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11003444].message }}
  • Tune in with the inconceivable, then and only then reality will shift and a fabulous chain of events will crystallize.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11005449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by RogozRazvan View Post

    80% of the business decisions you'll make are going to be wrong.

    This means that 8 out of 10 times you'll fail.

    This is true for you, for me and for most people. Even if they may not always be wrong, they'll hardly be the best decision you can take.

    But you know what? The remaining 20% will make you rich.

    You can actually fail 1 times in 5 and still be extremely successful. So stop taking this so personally. Most of the projects you start are not going to work out and most of the decisions you make are going to be stupid.

    BUT ...

    Eventually, one of those decisions will prove brilliant. You won't think of it as brilliant yet it is going to make you ten times as much money as you've thought it is possible. And then you'll understand that life is a process of validating what works.

    Failure is not to be judged on one attempt. We all fail the first time. Failure is to be judged on a longer time frame. If you try ten times and you fail nine times, it is not that you've failed, it is that it took you nine times to find the right approach.

    I know that it sounds as feel good platitudes but it is the truth. We screw things up in life but trying again and again (and preferably learning to not screw up in the same way) makes us strong and successful. The world of successful business is not a world of geniuses that know how to write the perfect copy and pick the perfect niche.

    It is instead a world of spreadsheets where attempts, campaigns, ideas are categorized by ROI and where the last man standing is usually the one that's going to drive home in a Porsche.
    Great advise, but Frank Kern said, that 97% of people fail online, and it only takes one of the other three to make tons of it!

    I have been online just over 9 years, and can attest that it is all one slave away for what seems like eternity, ditch stupid people, that only know working for someone mentality, and slave away some more

    But l am being a bit negative, you also p*** away thousands including being scammed, and fail so many times you lose count.

    How to restore motivation, funny you should ask that, l am at an all time low at present. So probably, having an apple pie with custard, and a ton of ice cream on top, will help me tonight. I have already smashed some doors and driven like a maniac, but that didn't help much.

    Listening to motivational music, eye of the tiger, etc, does help.

    Originally Posted by Kaupo Tomson View Post

    Yeah, sure. I've had that problem before.

    I've found that a good way to keep Yourself motivated and disciplined is to set a large goal and then divide that goal into mini goals. And then when You achieve a mini goal, You get excited and motivated and You feel You can actually make something happen. Take action and execute

    I found this concept from this video.


    Saw it some time ago and reading your post, felt like something You might need right now I know it's an invitation to his training sessions but the message itself spoke to me! I got value from it

    Hope that helps and that You find Your way Don't give up!
    Yep l signed up for his last course, Anik also had a series of motivational videos, you know, "you are wealthy", blah, blah.

    Probably the best l have seen since the secret, but yeah, your mind knows it is suss, so it works to a point.

    Seeing a BMW and trying to get it into my thick head that it is real, and l could buy one, works more for me.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11005710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author whowhatwhere
    Really, it's just time. It's very difficult to get up the next day after a defeat, but over a few days, you'll hopefully be on the mend. Positive quotes, good music, support from friends, partner, family. That's all we can do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11011890].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uitechsol
    Stay Focused
    I think your main reason of losing interest is that you are only focusing on income,Do work which makes you happy and love your work.Put an effort don't worry about the result because its too early.At start the things will look messy and the power of handling will lead you to hopelessness but gradually things will fall to its place and then you will enjoy your work with more enthusiasm.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bob Dempsey
    Sounds like a break may be in order man. I turn to videos like this to get me going. Even if it's only for a short time.




    "You can only have 2 things in life: reasons or results The only thing that counts are results - results don't lie."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11024388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sesantek
    You are allowing fear to take over. It;'s written all over you. Take a break some days to think over what you have to gain by launching the next level of your business. You have nothing to loose. If you fail to act, you are loosing all the same. So dive into it after your break and get on running. There are hidden benefits that you get when act on projects, dont deprive yourself of them. The holy book, bible says, "All hardworks lead to profit" Yes every action whether you get the right results or not leads to profit in one way or the other.

    Let me also add this piece : This may also be the case of a burn out. Get into the midst of a success group offline. Go to someone who is getting result by acting of projects. Burn out can occur when you are running the race alone especially when results are not coming in the way you expected it
    Signature

    Free christian personal development ebooks in all e-reading formats. 52 Bible Secrets for Your Business Success. How to Maintain Focus and Concentration and more. Visit http://sesanoguntade.com/success-art...short-reports/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11025671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AL Hummel
    Keep doing what works. Keep selling websites. You have 32+ sales under your belt... others would pay big to know how you do it too. You could offer an info product pdf sharing your secrets and the steps you took. Trust yourself. If Selling web traffic doesn't feel right simply Dont bother with it. Keep doing what your Best at and have experience doing. Simply drop whats causing you stress and Do what your already and expert at doing. Keep building out sites and Sell them. Keep up the good work forwards.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11040674].message }}
  • Go small again, and try to make your first sale again.

    small success always justify that your actions are correct, and just keep going!
    Signature
    Do you want to learn how to make 10 to 15% ROI with less than 1 hour of work a month?
    Read it right here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11041993].message }}
  • "Go small, one inch at a time"
    Signature
    Do you want to learn how to make 10 to 15% ROI with less than 1 hour of work a month?
    Read it right here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11041994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joyce Birmingham
    I agree that it's about focus. I sometimes need to remind myself the reason for starting in the first place. If I lack motivation I tend to take a step back for a while and rest, then relaunch myself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11043477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timexer
    Great tips and comments here. Setting up short-term and long-term goals and finding something that challenges your body and mind, but also gives you satisfaction while achieving your goals is very valuable. Also surrounding yourself with people that share your ideas, goals, interests will boost your confidence, motivation and help you get on the right path towards success.

    Good luck!

    Timothy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11047309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenm44
    Discipline is the key. You also need to sit down and make a plan. Write it down and focus on it. You may need to make changes but this will provide you with focus.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11047389].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Master Blake
    You can enter a trance state of mind and recall past successes. You also add visualization to the mix. Do it systematically and within reasonable time you will experience a radical reality shift.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048917].message }}
  • Thank you so much everybody for your great tips and comments.
    I'm gone small again, and restarted from the very beginning, but this time with more experience and ambition.
    I tried to understand the rules of this game, and made my 500$ the first month after my back from a very long "pause" of restoration. This is what it took from me more than a year when I started my first time.
    Thanks again everybody for your support, I hope this posts helps anybody if get stuck or feel unmotivated.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11068522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11068627].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 4 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Opinions on Sleep Niche

    geo322 in Internet Marketing

    Greetings all! I am fairly new to affiliate marketing. How successful do you guys think the Sleep Aids Niche would be? Thank you!

  • 9 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How much should I charge for being a webmaster?

    QMcLau in Internet Marketing

    A family member wants me to make them a website, and for me to act as a webmaster. I'll basically do everything - design, technical stuff, servers and hosting, security, ... [read more]

  • 23 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Hi warriors New to all this

    Been doing some studying for awhile on internet marketing, email marketing, cpm, cpa, etc.. I am lost how and where to start. i thought maybe i should just walk away ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Keyword Research: LSI Question for blog posts/landing pages

    gomess023 in SEO

    Hello quick question to the community, Modern Google has changed and you no longer stuff your keyword multiple times to try and rank right? LSI keywords are important, but I ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Should I get rid of my featured images entirely?

    unblockedwriter in Web Design

    I've been trying to find a way to decrease my image size but after searching for a way for so long, it seems that with my current site them (which ... [read more]