I am very lazy.

by 104 comments
Hi Warriors!

I'm going to make a confession. I am a very lazy person, and that is why I keep failing. I always start projects but they end up dead. I have been better to things now, but I can still feel the laziness inside me. How can I get rid of it? How can I work effectively without other people/things disturbing me all the time.

I procrastinate and always end up disappointed. I would consider myself as a very clever person, I have a lot of knowledge and a lot of wisdom, but when you are lazy it doesn't matter.

Lack of motivation may be the answer.. I just don't know. Sometimes I feel like a failure, but this is mainly because of the procrastination results in disappointment -> Creating the feeling that you are a failure.

Help me out warriors!
#personal development #lazy
  • Profile picture of the author texan
    Life Advice:
    Find out what you are passionate about. Not what you like to do, what you really can't do without. Then do that! Everytime you feel yourself getting sluggish or putting things off, picture yourself (the self you are when you're not lazy) grabbing your head and shaking it voilently, saying "get going, IT'S CALLED WORK FOR A REASON!"
    • Profile picture of the author iphonerepair
      Originally Posted by texan View Post

      Life Advice:
      Find out what you are passionate about. Not what you like to do, what you really can't do without. Then do that! Everytime you feel yourself getting sluggish or putting things off, picture yourself (the self you are when you're not lazy) grabbing your head and shaking it voilently, saying "get going, IT'S CALLED WORK FOR A REASON!"
      I totally agree with you if you are doing something you like to do then its not really work and you will enjoy doing it. Time will go by faster


      No Download Slots | No Download Blackjack |Slots Casino Bonus No Download Video Slots |Play Roulette Online |Online Slot Machines |Bonus Slots Casino |
    • Profile picture of the author laurarussell49
      Originally Posted by texan View Post

      Life Advice:
      Find out what you are passionate about. Not what you like to do, what you really can't do without. Then do that! Everytime you feel yourself getting sluggish or putting things off, picture yourself (the self you are when you're not lazy) grabbing your head and shaking it voilently, saying "get going, IT'S CALLED WORK FOR A REASON!"
      That's true, Assess first yourself. Know what things you are good at.

      Your strengths and your best quality that will be your asset in your target goal.

      Know also your weaknesses, things that you lack of.

      After you know your weaknesses, make a room for improvement.

      ALso have a person that will able to see you all through out, will be your mentor in every thing you do, an advice or a motivator.

      I know there are people who can work alone, but as a start you need someone to guide you, maybe a friend closest to you.
  • Profile picture of the author MissLauraCatella
    Develop good habits and patterns. Maybe start off slowly and list 1-2 short term goals you'd like to complete each day, try to pick things that can become habitual for you. Once these become second nature, add on more and more.

    Doing productive things makes the time you spend relaxing SO much more enjoyable -- always hold on to that. Good luck.
    • Profile picture of the author FinallyFree
      Originally Posted by texan View Post

      Life Advice:
      Find out what you are passionate about. Not what you like to do, what you really can't do without. Then do that! Everytime you feel yourself getting sluggish or putting things off, picture yourself (the self you are when you're not lazy) grabbing your head and shaking it voilently, saying "get going, IT'S CALLED WORK FOR A REASON!"
      Hahah, sure I will picture myself like that when I get lazy. Thank you so much!

      Originally Posted by bambii View Post

      Develop good habits and patterns. Maybe start off slowly and list 1-2 short term goals you'd like to complete each day, try to pick things that can become habitual for you. Once these become second nature, add on more and more.

      Doing productive things makes the time you spend relaxing SO much more enjoyable -- always hold on to that. Good luck.
      Very wise indeed. Do you know any good tips other than the one you already gave, on how to create good habits?
    • Profile picture of the author scott william
      Originally Posted by bambii View Post

      Develop good habits and patterns. Maybe start off slowly and list 1-2 short term goals you'd like to complete each day, try to pick things that can become habitual for you. Once these become second nature, add on more and more.

      Doing productive things makes the time you spend relaxing SO much more enjoyable -- always hold on to that. Good luck.
      very good advice we can not change a habit quickly all the necessary process step by step
    • Profile picture of the author andreabolder
      I agree...set good habits and daily rituals that you can stick to and build from there. Once you get into the habit of finishing a project, accomplishing a goal or milestone - no matter how small you will begin to condition yourself out of that laziness.
  • Profile picture of the author Acumen
    Whether you think you are lazy or not you are right! What I mean is that saying you are lazy will make you a lazy person. You are taking poison by telling yourself you are lazy. It takes 1 second to change laziness. It sounds like you are capable of a lot, and its good you are confronting your laziness.
    • Profile picture of the author yougpeter
      Every time when you put work in something and the quit you never thought. Maybe you need only one step till winning?
    • Profile picture of the author isbcsaurabh
      Originally Posted by Acumen View Post

      Whether you think you are lazy or not you are right! What I mean is that saying you are lazy will make you a lazy person. You are taking poison by telling yourself you are lazy. It takes 1 second to change laziness. It sounds like you are capable of a lot, and its good you are confronting your laziness.
      I disagree on that. Some times it could be because of various aspects of our body nature effected by metabolism and immunity system. Consulting a dietician could be a start. Also try yoga. It will refreshen you up.
  • Profile picture of the author Dupois
    I like your thread title - very direct and admission is the first step to reformation.
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Newman
    Don't be too harsh on yourself, bro.

    Even a lot of hard-working folks are spinning their wheels! Find something you're passionate about (it's easier to be more hard-working and focused, when we're doing what we love --it doesn't feel like work). Identify your gifts, they come naturally and offer them to serve others. Forget making 5k/10k per mp, for now. 1k/2k per mo is feasible...

    It should also be something you can monetize. Then take a look at your environment and remove distracting elements or people, or start working in the Library, for sometime.

    Take baby steps. Focus on one business model. Ignore most of those magnetic sales letters (unless you're studying copywriting).

    Don't be harsh on yourself. Never, never give up. Some of the men we admire went through periods when they could be technically classified as ''failures''. But, failing is part of success.

    It's an asset that you think of yourself as being smart. You can leverage other people's skills, through outsourcing. You can stay on the conceptual level, while others do the ''practical'' stuff.

    I'd suggest you get Paul Myers report : Need to know. Study some of Rich Schefren and Jay Abraham's works. Key in into the concept of LEVERAGE.

    I wish you the best in all your pursuits.

    Michael Newman
  • Profile picture of the author Pastamania
    There's nothing in the op that couldn't be solved by a good old fashioned cocaine habit.
  • Profile picture of the author serifshorg
    Lazyness is an evil spirit that you have to rebuke in your life through prayer. However, you have to be determined in whatever you do as nothing good come so cheap and easy. Be focused, have a plan and how you will accomplish those plans and never postpone what you are to do at this moment to another time. With God on your side, you will get rid of laziness.
  • Profile picture of the author FinallyFree
    Thanks for all the good inputs!

    I will update this thread in a month, and tell you all how my "get-out-of-laziness-plan" went. Thanks!
  • Profile picture of the author Tlox
    Another bit of advice: My work habits are directly tied to my physical condition. The more active I am (walking, running, working out) the better I am at maintaining focus, and accomplishing tasks.
  • Profile picture of the author donnarn
    I think if you get in touch with your inner self and like who you are. Say "I am very productive in what I do" write it and say it daily, find your passion for what you like to do then Begin and believe in yourself and what you do. Don't listen to negativity from your innerself or anyone only positive thoughts and sayings. Negativity only belongs on a battery!!!
  • Profile picture of the author beavis83
    Laziness the bane of all man kind if there was only some sort of pill. Maybe thinking of a different problem/solution there. Also would it be lazy to take a pill to cure laziness?


    I think the only cure is hard work. Achievable targets and a good mental attitude. I am also doing battle with the foe that's name is lazy. I am trying to change my whole life outlook, one small thing at a time. For example I could do my chores now or later, Lazy man does them later or not at all. Not longer lazy man does stuff now.


    Well that's my take on it anyhow.
    • Profile picture of the author Hagitt
      An easy way to deal with procrastination, go to you-tube and find a video about EFT - emotional freedom technique, look for Brad Yates.
      Find a session about goals or motivation, and just do it.

      I have tried it and still use it, and it works.

      It takes about 10 minutes - just do it, and see the results.

      I wish you great success :-)
  • Profile picture of the author Nereah
    Laziness is awful, you end up not achieving your potential, I believe each individual has a great talent if we can only take time to identify what it is, I would advice you to identify what your talent is and focus more on it. I identify with you I lost so much time and money due to laziness. The advice you have received above is more than enough just change your attitude and only do what you can do , what you cannot delegate and you will be on track!
  • Profile picture of the author Emmanuel C
    do some NLP. it changed my life.
  • Profile picture of the author Aandice Austin
    I am lazy too, there is nothing to worry about for me!
  • Profile picture of the author FinallyFree
    I am currently keeping a record of every day, so I can see the change on paper.

    I've made weekly goals and monthly goals, I am working on it right now.
    • Profile picture of the author pepelino
      Originally Posted by FinallyFree View Post

      I am currently keeping a record of every day, so I can see the change on paper.

      I've made weekly goals and monthly goals, I am working on it right now.
      Don't make weekly or monthly goals.... Make DAILY goals.. That's the Key, bro.
  • Profile picture of the author FinallyFree
    Hi guys!

    Writing your daily achievements down helps! I recommend it to everyone.

    I have improved very much! If you guys have other tips, I would like to hear them and implement them in my daily life. I haven't been to the Gym for 4 days now that is the only thing that I am behind with. I want some effectivity and productivity tips.
  • Profile picture of the author positivethinking
    Hello, here is the collection of good quotes that help you get motivated!
    Get motivated by the the Quotes that give you great strength to move forward!
    quotedepot.net/quotes-page/get-motivated-by-the-the-quotes-that-give-you-great-strength-to-move-forward/8

    I like the Helen's quote most personally. She was blind and deaf, but she got art degree.
    All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming.
    ~ Helen Keller

    You might listen and see. You are at the much better position to start with than her.

    I hope it helps
  • Profile picture of the author positivethinking
    I like your Laozi's picture!

    Originally Posted by SEO Sage View Post

    Admitting laziness is the first recovery step. In order to change, you need a goal. Find what you are passionate about and focus on that. Also, sleeping and diet change will make a difference for you. Good Luck!
  • Profile picture of the author janfav
    Originally Posted by FinallyFree View Post

    Hi Warriors!

    I'm going to make a confession. I am a very lazy person, and that is why I keep failing. I always start projects but they end up dead. I have been better to things now, but I can still feel the laziness inside me. How can I get rid of it? How can I work effectively without other people/things disturbing me all the time.

    I procrastinate and always end up disappointed. I would consider myself as a very clever person, I have a lot of knowledge and a lot of wisdom, but when you are lazy it doesn't matter.

    Lack of motivation may be the answer.. I just don't know. Sometimes I feel like a failure, but this is mainly because of the procrastination results in disappointment -> Creating the feeling that you are a failure.

    Help me out warriors!
    Hallo my friend,
    Thanks so much for being honest. Many are not honest as you are. I tell you the truth, i feel you. I have been in the same shoes as you are in for the last four years since i joined college. I had not known that i had this problem earlier on, maybe because in high school and primary, we were subjects to follow the set rules and schedules, and beatings and punishments, when we did not do according to the simple set rules and procedures.

    in college life became different because i now had to take charge of my own life, and too much freedom was at my disposure.

    Let me tell you, i have done everything possible to get the solution of this problem, but now i can see light at the end of the dark turnell merely because i accepted i have the problem, i shared with a few trusted friends, i reseached from books and internet, i sought counseling from a counselor and spiritual help, i prayed to God since i am a committed Christian, and trust me, God and the Spiritual authority revealed to me that my problem was lack of disciplining my body. I always don't want to force my body/ flesh to do what it is supposed to do, but i want to please it, yet it is the graetest enemy of man, as the Bible quotes. You can try to write shedules, and learn discipline, i was too hard on myself, because i wanted to improve, but dont be too hard!

    Begin with baby steps and you will move 1000 miles. A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step. Congratulate yourself for every step forward that you make. Make a list of things you have planned to do for the next day; and when you accomplish tick and tap yourself and tell yourself you are doing graest!

    Sit down and find out why you exist and know you exist for a purpose. You exist to make a difference in the world. God created you for a purpose, that no one else can fulfill apart from you. You are great! let not the devil deceiveFind you! find your role in life and what excites you to do and you will be motivated.

    yours,
    Janfav

    I love your thread!
    • Profile picture of the author FinallyFree
      Originally Posted by janfav View Post

      Hallo my friend,
      Thanks so much for being honest. Many are not honest as you are. I tell you the truth, i feel you. I have been in the same shoes as you are in for the last four years since i joined college. I had not known that i had this problem earlier on, maybe because in high school and primary, we were subjects to follow the set rules and schedules, and beatings and punishments, when we did not do according to the simple set rules and procedures.

      in college life became different because i now had to take charge of my own life, and too much freedom was at my disposure.

      Let me tell you, i have done everything possible to get the solution of this problem, but now i can see light at the end of the dark turnell merely because i accepted i have the problem, i shared with a few trusted friends, i reseached from books and internet, i sought counseling from a counselor and spiritual help, i prayed to God since i am a committed Christian, and trust me, God and the Spiritual authority revealed to me that my problem was lack of disciplining my body. I always don't want to force my body/ flesh to do what it is supposed to do, but i want to please it, yet it is the graetest enemy of man, as the Bible quotes. You can try to write shedules, and learn discipline, i was too hard on myself, because i wanted to improve, but dont be too hard!

      Begin with baby steps and you will move 1000 miles. A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step. Congratulate yourself for every step forward that you make. Make a list of things you have planned to do for the next day; and when you accomplish tick and tap yourself and tell yourself you are doing graest!

      Sit down and find out why you exist and know you exist for a purpose. You exist to make a difference in the world. God created you for a purpose, that no one else can fulfill apart from you. You are great! let not the devil deceiveFind you! find your role in life and what excites you to do and you will be motivated.

      yours,
      Janfav

      I love your thread!
      Thank you for loving my thread!

      I also think that you have to see your problems in the eye, you have to be honest and admit your mistakes if you want to improve yourself.

      A human is powerful. Much more powerful than anyone really think they are.
  • Profile picture of the author Guru_Marketing
    It is all about what you THINK about yourself.

    When you hold this belief that you are lazy, you simply become what you think about.

    However, laziness comes because of lack of motivation. When you have a project, it ended up "dead" because you was not persistent enough to continue it.

    It is most likely you were focused too much on the money, that's not going to help you do something for long periods of time (like 5-10 years). Because as soon as you get the money out of that project, you are going to lose interest very quickly.

    I did this mistake 2 times in the past. I went to great markets with huge profit potential, but simply I was not interested on the subject, and as soon as I build the entire thing, I lost interest, and completely neglected it.

    That's the price to pay!

    So if you want to overcome the laziness, the procrastination and the weird feeling of "i do not feel like doing this right now" you want to make a list with the things that you want to accomplish. And a list of things you want to avoid.

    In each of those lists, write what you are going to accomplish if you finish that project (example: being even more lazy). You are lazy now, but perhaps you have this desire to be even MORE lazy, so set that as a goal :-) and attack the laziness with a laziness!

    And write what you want to avoid, if you do not finish that project. You have to investigate your fears.

    A fear is the most motivating emotion that can MOVE YOU away from what you do not like. So see what you fear or going to lose along the way if you do not work on your project.

    Chris D.



    Originally Posted by FinallyFree View Post

    Hi Warriors!

    I'm going to make a confession. I am a very lazy person, and that is why I keep failing. I always start projects but they end up dead. I have been better to things now, but I can still feel the laziness inside me. How can I get rid of it? How can I work effectively without other people/things disturbing me all the time.

    I procrastinate and always end up disappointed. I would consider myself as a very clever person, I have a lot of knowledge and a lot of wisdom, but when you are lazy it doesn't matter.

    Lack of motivation may be the answer.. I just don't know. Sometimes I feel like a failure, but this is mainly because of the procrastination results in disappointment -> Creating the feeling that you are a failure.

    Help me out warriors!

Next Topics on Trending Feed