DO YOU FEAR BEING A BILLIONAIRE?

Profile picture of the author theory expert by
I just realized I have a slight fear to reach my multi billionaire goal...

I have a slight anxiety about it, and, I am subconciously already stressed about being somewhere in the top 45 of wealth magnates.

This is because I think I may cannot make it. The goal doesn't always seem achieveable to me. I know the constant work involved, the backstabbing, the meetings, oh the chaos!!!!

$300 million? CHeck as good as done.

A billion? Well er umm flip flops...


What should I do? Get hypnosis, see a shrink, join a seance? :rolleyes:
#personal development #fear #omg #rich #stinking

  • Profile picture of the author magnates
    BLOOODY HELL ...NO !!!!

    No seances , no shrinks or hypnosis

    I too was afraid to be very wealthy

    I was afraid i would become i would become arrogant .

    I was afraid i wouldn't have real friends

    But all that is a lie ...

    Money DOESN'T CHANGE YOU, you only have more resources to express who you are

    If you are a generous man, you have more resources to give and help more people

    If you are a wicked person , you have more resources to hurt more people

    Money is neutral ... It is ok to be stinking rich

    Lets hope you do some good with it

    ~Femi
  • Profile picture of the author Sandra Green
    Do you qualify for premier banking now?
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Originally Posted by Sandra Green View Post

    Do you qualify for premier banking now?
    coupons or food stamps? which do you prefer?

    ReadN is fundamental.
  • Profile picture of the author Lindap07
    Actually, you could try some hypnosis or NLP. These things works to eliminate many of the fears that people have.

    Cheers
  • Profile picture of the author
    Why do you want to be a billionaire? What the h*ll are you going to do with all that money, seriously? I mean, I have pretty high income goals myself but in my opinion, the main focus should be life quality. Would you feel great, working your ass off for 40 years to succeed with that? I would feel like a failure regardless of the billion dollars.
  • Profile picture of the author drmfitz
    i truly admire your willingness to stick your neck out on the chopping block with this question. since most will never come close, you will continue to draw comments of angst from those who repress their wealth or greed or values towards money. you are correct too-money only magnifies more of who you already are. if you are a jerk, more money, bigger jerk. if you are generous, more money, more benefits to society with your resources. a billion is also in the very big picture, not that much still. people are crazy if they think bill gates or warren buffet were ever the richest people on the planet. the bankers of the world if they lost gates money, wouldn't even know it was missing. i am curious, are you already a millionaire? if so, have you made ten million yet? i stopped at 8 figures and took 5 years off and travelled the world with my wife and kids and lived my dreams-not money, being a dad, husband, and being with my family. now i am ready to go for a 9 figure result. if you have not made 8 figures yet, that is your goal. or 7. it is all the same thing to becoming a billionaire. most do not realize, they need to become a hundredaire first-then a thousandaire, a ten-thousandaire-all the way up to a millionaire. inch by inch it is a cinch. prosperous regards with your goals! i do not fear being a billionaire. thanks again for the great question. Dr. Mike
  • Profile picture of the author stopper
    why would a human being need a billion dollars 1000 000 000 if I worked on earth and lived on the moon then probably Id need the money for gas, even if the rent is 50 000 per night
  • Profile picture of the author abond
    As someone else said, try NLP if you are serious. This will help you eliminate self limiting beliefs. You can buy a book on it in amazon.com (PM me for recommendations)
  • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
    That kind of fear would be welcome.

    .
  • Profile picture of the author KAYEKINNEY
    I think as mant people fear success as they do failure. I think some people who think they fear failure are more afraid of their own success and what comes with it. Getting started makes the impossible possible and the dream a new reality... that's scary. And that's why 100% of us don't succeed in my opinion.
  • Profile picture of the author lilc800
    No! Why would I?...

    I won't change... I won't even really go buying a bunch of houses and cars.. I might get a Lambo for my 16th birthday and a House for my parents but after that the rest I will save up to do different things...

    If I had $1,000,000 I don't think I would ever go poor because I would use that money to make more profits and use profits to make profits etc..
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Originally Posted by Carl Fridsjö View Post

    Why do you want to be a billionaire? What the h*ll are you going to do with all that money, seriously? I mean, I have pretty high income goals myself but in my opinion, the main focus should be life quality. Would you feel great, working your ass off for 40 years to succeed with that? I would feel like a failure regardless of the billion dollars.
    Why do I want to be a billionaire? Because if I am honest with myself, and if I take away my herd behavior, I know I want more than millions....i need more than millions. I've done the calculations...I have causes I want to dig into....people to take care of....but, I also, have a fear, the stress to rise above,be a trend setter, be the go to guy as an innovator, and, to having people want more favors from me.

    Originally Posted by drmfitz View Post

    i truly admire your willingness to stick your neck out on the chopping block with this question. since most will never come close, you will continue to draw comments of angst from those who repress their wealth or greed or values towards money. you are correct too-money only magnifies more of who you already are. if you are a jerk, more money, bigger jerk. if you are generous, more money, more benefits to society with your resources. a billion is also in the very big picture, not that much still. people are crazy if they think bill gates or warren buffet were ever the richest people on the planet. the bankers of the world if they lost gates money, wouldn't even know it was missing. i am curious, are you already a millionaire? if so, have you made ten million yet? i stopped at 8 figures and took 5 years off and travelled the world with my wife and kids and lived my dreams-not money, being a dad, husband, and being with my family. now i am ready to go for a 9 figure result. if you have not made 8 figures yet, that is your goal. or 7. it is all the same thing to becoming a billionaire. most do not realize, they need to become a hundredaire first-then a thousandaire, a ten-thousandaire-all the way up to a millionaire. inch by inch it is a cinch. prosperous regards with your goals! i do not fear being a billionaire. thanks again for the great question. Dr. Mike
    Thanks for your response chop down goals like a tree
  • Profile picture of the author xdmannet
    Lol I havent thought that far lol
  • Profile picture of the author HenryDicks
    Originally Posted by Team X View Post

    This is because I think I may cannot make it.
    Well, it's pretty much outside of what anyone can imagine. If you're getting paid $2000 per hour, don't have any costs whatsoever and you're working a full time job, it would take you about 260 years to become a billionaire.

    The goal doesn't always seem achieveable to me. I know the constant work involved, the backstabbing, the meetings, oh the chaos!!!!
    That's the next thing, why do you need a billion?

    I don't see how anyone could need a billion dollars for themselves, but if you have some grander social goal in mind, you might actually have a reason to drive you. Without extraordinary focus on that goal, it'll be almost impossible to deal with the problems and frustrations that come with the territory. "Almost", because some people, e.g. Zuckerberg or Branson, seem to have a much easier time than the typical Fortune 500 CEO.

    What should I do? Get hypnosis, see a shrink, join a seance? :rolleyes:
    If you're serious, make a map of where you want to go, when, and why. Then look for ways to achieve it without selling your soul - for instance get books on other billionaires or billion dollar ideas.

    If you haven't already, get your basics down, i.e., make sure you have enough money coming in to pay for suits, travel costs, conventions, etc.

    I'd also suggest you get some basic books on raising venture capital, entrepreneurship, leadership and (regular) marketing.

    In conclusion, get a perfectly clear picture of what you want, get a good map of the territory and then work like hell.

    Nice sig, btw.
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Originally Posted by HenryDicks View Post


    That's the next thing, why do you need a billion?

    I don't see how anyone could need a billion dollars for themselves, but if you have some grander social goal in mind
    Why do I want to be a billionaire?

    ...I have causes I want to dig into....people to take care of....

    Let's just say, I need major money to make those social changes.

    Also, wealth is all relative, what is alot to one is nothing to someone else. I am sure you've heard of millionaires who died living homeless. I know one guy died with a million and another died with $4 million. The guy with the million used to pan handle as if he was poor.

    Well, it's pretty much outside of what anyone can imagine.
    I hope not

    Nice sig, btw.
    Glad you enjoyed it
  • Profile picture of the author Karlis
    That is not my goal so I don't have to fear it
  • Profile picture of the author stopper
    yes of course I fear becoming one do you know that too much of anything is dangerous
  • Profile picture of the author HenryDicks
    Originally Posted by Team X View Post

    Let's just say, I need major money to make those social changes.
    Hey, same here. There should be a thread for stuff like this, when I talk about my goals people always assume I'm crazy and/or lying.

    I hope not
    What I mean is that I can map out what I'd have to do to get a million dollars - maybe sell 2000 seminar seats at $1000 with a 50% margin, but I can't visualize what a billion dollars is like. I either have to work with comparisons or growth percentages to get numbers that sound right in my head and can be used for future business plans. Some people just rely on faith that working hard will make them ultra-wealthy, but that's not my kind of thing.
  • Profile picture of the author Warrior Child
    You think you cannot make it because it is not truly achievable and you are held back by your limiting beliefs that you cannot and you really cannot achieve your goal. Ask yourself what is your deepest "WHY" (reason why you want to achieve this big goal).
  • Profile picture of the author Richard Groom
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    That puts it not unto the touch
    To win or lose it all"
    ---- James Graham - Marquis of Montrose

Next Topics on Trending Feed