Best Mobile Website Software?

by 45 comments
I'm looking for some feedback on which might be the best software to assist with creating mobile websites.

I'm only looking to create dummy sites to demo to potential customer so functionality is not that important but it must create a mobile site which correctly redirects and works...

Thanks in advance....
#mobile marketing #mobile #software #website
  • Profile picture of the author Hadde
    Well, I read about you problem and in my point of view http://www.mobile9.com/ is the best website of Mobile phones. You can take many benefit from this website. I also use this website to take the theme, software and many more.
    • Profile picture of the author cottonking2000
      Learn HTML5 - that covers a broad swath of apple ecosystems. Then I would chill. HTML5 is where it at for mobile. Grab dreamweaver and a few templates for mobile and start editing.....
  • Profile picture of the author Quentin
    Just use one of the free mobile template sites like Onbile - Free mobile website templates if your just wanting to do a moc up.

    Q
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Marzinzik
    WP-Touch has an easy to use solution... plus I use Laura Betterlys Mobile Lps
  • Profile picture of the author guavasofts
    The best mobile website software is-
    VM FreeWare
    Freeware PocketPC
    FreeWare PPC
  • Profile picture of the author flyinghammers
    Originally Posted by NerdGary View Post

    Interested in creating Mobile Websites? or Apps?
    Mobile websites are WAP sites (old technology)..
    Apps are typically created in Java and use a platform SDK.


    Apps are WAY better because you can submit them to app markets (where the billions of people are)
    Are you related to cottonking?

    Mobile websites are not old technology.

    Please enlighten us as to why Apps are better than mobile websites for small business.
  • Profile picture of the author Video Whiz
    I use sitespinner pro... works great, easy to use, create your own templates.
  • Profile picture of the author Mobileman12
    best mobile maker

    www.networksolutions.com

    call them and ask not advertised huge easy
  • Profile picture of the author I.M.Retired
    Mobileman12 - Network Solutions uses goMobi as their mobile site creation platform.
  • Profile picture of the author I.M.Retired
    Quentin: A question about the link you posted to Onbile - Free mobile website templates.

    If it's that easy to create a mobile version of a website - why bother with hiring someone to do a special mobile website for you - or with any Wordpress plugins, templates, goMobi sites, etc. Or, why bother trying to establish a mobile website creation business at all?

    What am I missing here? Help me out... (and not by asking 'how did you get in? )

    Val
    • Profile picture of the author Amsterdam
      Take a look at the JQuery Mobile framework. It's pretty easy to learn and works like a dream.

      T
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Hower
      Originally Posted by I.M.Retired View Post

      Quentin: A question about the link you posted to Onbile - Free mobile website templates.

      If it's that easy to create a mobile version of a website - why bother with hiring someone to do a special mobile website for you - or with any Wordpress plugins, templates, goMobi sites, etc. Or, why bother trying to establish a mobile website creation business at all?

      What am I missing here? Help me out... (and not by asking 'how did you get in? )

      Val
      Same question here. The whole thing is quite confusing.

      On one side in other threads you have those people who are selling a lot of mobile websites with 5 to 7 basic pages for 497 or more dollars, and on the other side like the above it is cheap, fast and easy ...
  • Profile picture of the author lame123
    Originally Posted by Internet_Corporation View Post

    I'm looking for some feedback on which might be the best software to assist with creating mobile websites.

    I'm only looking to create dummy sites to demo to potential customer so functionality is not that important but it must create a mobile site which correctly redirects and works...

    Thanks in advance....
    There are so many soft wares in market for the mobile websites but many of them are particularly applied. So you should search the softwares for creating mobile websites according to your mobile application.
  • Profile picture of the author MaxReferrals
    Mobi-cart.com
  • Profile picture of the author John Ayling
    If you're looking to create a mobile website with mobile commerce functionality you can now download a free version of IMS Commerce from http://imscommerce.com/free-software

    Let me know if this is what you're looking for.
  • Profile picture of the author kazim
    I think mobile9(dot)com is best for all types of mobile software.
  • Profile picture of the author Jay Moreno
    How do you considered whats best?

    Best because it's simple to use?
    Best because it's cost effective?
    Best because it's the most compatible for all phones not just smart phones?
    Best because of where it's hosted?
    Best because it works or syncs with Wordpress?
    Best because it produces sites that load quickly?
    Best because it produces sites that actually validate?
    Best because it functions as a web app as well?
    Best because you can create mobile squeeze pages and galleries in minutes?

    The list can go on... as you can see there's a lot of criteria to deciding what is the best solution.

    Everyone has different needs and requirements - what's best for one person isnt necessarily the best for everyone. Understand the pros and cons of each before you commit.
  • Profile picture of the author sbrettoncm
    Even I would recommend mobile9.com to you. Its a great software to use. Its quite easy to use and has different themes you can choose from. Hope it helps you. Good Luck!
    • Profile picture of the author Jay Moreno
      Originally Posted by Hadde View Post

      Well, I read about you problem and in my point of view http://www.mobile9.com/ is the best website of Mobile phones. You can take many benefit from this website. I also use this website to take the theme, software and many more.
      Originally Posted by kazim View Post

      I think mobile9(dot)com is best for all types of mobile software.
      Originally Posted by sbrettoncm View Post

      Even I would recommend mobile9.com to you. Its a great software to use. Its quite easy to use and has different themes you can choose from. Hope it helps you. Good Luck!
      Originally Posted by guavasofts View Post

      The best mobile website software is-
      VM FreeWare
      Freeware PocketPC
      FreeWare PPC
      To all of you why - why would you even suggest what you did?

      Please enlighten me - nothing you recommended helps you in anyway whatsoever create mobile websites - did you even bother to read or understand the whole point of the original post in this thread? Yeah, didn't think so....

      Give us all break and stop posting for the sake of increasing your post count, backlink building, spam... all it does is hinder people looking for genuine answers and help..
  • Profile picture of the author Madam X
    Originally Posted by Internet_Corporation View Post

    I'm looking for some feedback on which might be the best software to assist with creating mobile websites.

    I'm only looking to create dummy sites to demo to potential customer so functionality is not that important but it must create a mobile site which correctly redirects and works...

    Thanks in advance....
    I've actually been using Mobile Maker Pro & it seems to work well. It's not too expensive to use either. It builds a mobile website that's I'm proud to say that I've built. The big dude in charge, Mark Austin, is always receptive to making changes in his program too.

    You can use the demos that you build with the software & just send them to the customer & it functions as well.

    Warning! RANT Ahead:

    I've found that - at least in my Local Area - the businesses are not as receptive to Mobile Websites as I thought they'd be.These local businesses are hurting. You'd think they would jump at the chance to get a mobile website for a relatively inexpensive price. Their attitude just irritates me.

    Hope this helps ~
    Madam X
    • Profile picture of the author b2bzone
      Originally Posted by Madam X View Post

      I've actually been using Mobile Maker Pro & it seems to work well. It's not too expensive to use either. It builds a mobile website that's I'm proud to say that I've built. The big dude in charge, Mark Austin, is always receptive to making changes in his program too.

      You can use the demos that you build with the software & just send them to the customer & it functions as well.

      Warning! RANT Ahead:

      I've found that - at least in my Local Area - the businesses are not as receptive to Mobile Websites as I thought they'd be.These local businesses are hurting. You'd think they would jump at the chance to get a mobile website for a relatively inexpensive price. Their attitude just irritates me.

      Hope this helps ~
      Madam X
      Hi Madam X,

      Mobile Maker Pro looks pretty good but I hate products with recurring fees, like this one. I do like the fact that it makes side-by-side mock-ups for clients, but it's just too pricey, though I freely concede that one mobile site sale a month will more than cover the monthly fee.
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Marzinzik
      Madam, I agree with you whole-heartedly. Indeed businesses are not jumping at the mobile chance and 2.) What all these mobile website sellers fail to tell you is the learning curve of their software gadgets... they make it look so easy... it ain't so. You will invest time to develop professional mobile sites, which I have done.
  • Profile picture of the author 4webmaster
    There is already a similar thread about this subject but I'm not sure to understand your question, do you mean a mockup software? A software that will create the homepage of a mobile web? If that is what you are looking for you can go with any available scripts (WillR, Irene WP plugin,...) Just build the homepage and add redirect.

    Now what happens is that as far as you choose the correct one (the best, see similar thread) you can continue on finalizing the mobile site if order was done.

    Who is the best? Really depends on what you are looking, your knowledge, your skills, features you provide.

    When you say "assit for creating" and many suggest online buiders, well Duda is one of the leading on the market.

    Personally I like WillR because of customizable and support forum. Now, there are many other that are also good but depends on your needs.
  • Profile picture of the author figgity
    If you are using Wordpress I like Obox. I also like just buying themes that are responsive, so I don't have to worry about the "mobile" issue.
  • Profile picture of the author Appopolis
    We are looking into this ourselves. Templated versions offer a trade down of brands...
  • Profile picture of the author MobiDev
    Here are some examples of the mobile website builder software you can use without PHP or other skills The Best Mobile Website Builder Software and http://mashable.com/2010/12/16/creat...le-site-tools/

Next Topics on Trending Feed