Paypal Primary Email

by smackeroo 18 replies
Hi

Hoping somebody has knowledge/experience of this because trying to get an answer from PayPal is proving impossible.

The domain my primary PayPal email is associated with is about to expire. I do not wish to renew this domain.

So my question :

If I let the domain/email expire and set a new email as primary, will I lose any active supscriptions I have?

Thanks
#off topic forum #email #paypal #primary
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author rozzski999
    Intresting question- the answer is no. I use my paypal address from a domain I used 10 years ago- I use it everyday.
    Signature
    Easiest Way To Make $$$ Passively And Easily
    http://bit.ly/2p9MWgI
    • Profile picture of the author Mr Squeeze
      Originally Posted by rozzski999 View Post

      Intresting question- the answer is no. I use my paypal address from a domain I used 10 years ago- I use it everyday.
      Rozzski is totally right, you can just change your email address too.

      Changing it will not alter your subscriptions they will come out regardless until they expire or get cancelled.

      Kind regards,

      Stephen
      Signature
      Yes... You Can Easily Make $150 Every Day On Instagram... I'll Show You How!
      Your fellow warriors are simply blown away by the genius behind the system
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    There is no issue to change your PayPal primary email address. You won't lose your account.
    Signature
    Internet Marketing Blog:- www.imbloggingtips.com
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    First off, I do not believe a question as simple as that could not be or was not answered by paypal. Just change your email address. I have used gmail since I first got my paypal account.
    Signature
    If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?~Scott Adams~
    • Profile picture of the author smackeroo
      Thanks Guys.

      But just to be clear, I'm not talking about just changing my email but if I will no longer own or have access to that email address, my active subscriptions will remain unaffected?



      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      First off, I do not believe a question as simple as that could not be or was not answered by paypal. Just change your email address. I have used gmail since I first got my paypal account.
      I have tried their message center and get an automated response of possible solutions.

      Tried the community, no response yet

      And worst of all is trying to get to talk to someone on the phone. I get a robo voice suggesting possible solutions to my problem with out any way to speak to someone human.
  • Profile picture of the author smackeroo
    Thanks Frank,

    Just wanted to be sure.
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Google search (change paypal primary email address) - first result....

    https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...1048890#M16473

    but more than that....

    (sorry, hit 'post' before finishing this post...duh)

    I remember having some problems with Paypal in the past that involved email and subscriptions so did another search and found this on the paypal help forum. The answer is from a Paypal moderator.

    if you are to update the email address on your PayPal account, it will not effect the current subscriptions that you have in place on your account as long as you keep the old email address active and confirmed on your PayPal account. If you wish to remove the old email address, you will need to update all the buttons for the subscriptions and also update all of the shopping cart buttons on your website.
    Unfortunately, you will need to do this for every button on your website as if you don't, the payments will not be credited successfully to your PayPal account.
    This may be very simple - or may be an issue. If I were you, I wouldn't feel 'safe' until I had a definitive answer from paypal. I've called Paypal several times and got accurate answers.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    • Profile picture of the author smackeroo
      Hi Kay,

      The last time I needed to speak to PayPal was about 6 years ago and I got straight through to a live person. Now with the robo voice it asks you to state what your problem is and then proceeds to give various possible solutions.

      No matter How I phrase my problem the response is never appropriate and never gives me any alternative options other than to restate my problem.

      I have tried phoning them a few times with the same result and as I am down to my last few strands of hair, I don't think I will try that again.

      I think I will have to take a chance and see what happens.

      Thanks for your help.


      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Google search (change paypal primary email address) - first result....

      https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...1048890#M16473

      but more than that....

      (sorry, hit 'post' before finishing this post...duh)

      I remember having some problems with Paypal in the past that involved email and subscriptions so did another search and found this on the paypal help forum. The answer is from a Paypal moderator.



      This may be very simple - or may be an issue. If I were you, I wouldn't feel 'safe' until I had a definitive answer from paypal. I've called Paypal several times and got accurate answers.
  • Profile picture of the author BCdoesit
    I can confirm your subscriptions are tied to the account. You can change your email or add as many as you like. For the record I have had many issues and never had a single customer service issue with PayPal. Yes the phone system is a pain to get through, but once you do they handle the issue. At least in my experience.
    Signature
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Sounds like PP customer service may have gone downhill - not sure that is surprising considering the growth of paypal in the past 5-6 years.

    Their forum is often the place I've found answers - and WHEN I have the patience (not something I'm known for) I can usually dig out info using their 'help system' online or knowledge base or whatever they call it.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    • Profile picture of the author smackeroo
      I'm in the UK, Don't know if we are perhaps the poorer cousin when in comes to customer service.

      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Sounds like PP customer service may have gone downhill - not sure that is surprising considering the growth of paypal in the past 5-6 years.

      Their forum is often the place I've found answers - and WHEN I have the patience (not something I'm known for) I can usually dig out info using their 'help system' online or knowledge base or whatever they call it.
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Kay's post upthread referencing the PayPal forum response got me wondering what you mean by subscriptions. I was assuming you meant subscriptions you've taken out (for third party recurring products/services), not any you might have in place on your website(s) for your own customers.

    If it means risking losing business, I'd definitely want to get it confirmed by PayPal. Do you have a business account? I'm in the UK and can usually get through to PayPal's customer service desk without too much trouble - not that I've tried recently.
    Signature
    I've just put Richard Branson's number on speed-dial. I call it my "Get-Rich-Quick" scheme.

    • Profile picture of the author smackeroo
      Hi Frank,

      No I wouldn't be losing any business over it. Just some of the subscriptions I have to services which I got in on the early-bird pricing that I don't want to put at risk.

      Thanks again.


      Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

      Kay's post upthread referencing the PayPal forum response got me wondering what you mean by subscriptions. I was assuming you meant subscriptions you've taken out (for third party recurring products/services), not any you might have in place on your website(s) for your own customers.

      If it means risking losing business, I'd definitely want to get it confirmed by PayPal. Do you have a business account? I'm in the UK and can usually get through to PayPal's customer service desk without too much trouble - not that I've tried recently.
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Glad Frank thought of that. I was looking at it as someone who used to run membership sites. I was thinking of subscriptions where people were paying YOU monthly...not such a crisis if it's your own payments.

    That said - I did have a problem with automatic payments (from me to some sellers) after changing my Paypal email address...because the signup for the "product site" no longer matched the info on Paypal. Luckily my domain registrar realized what the problem was (auto renew payments were not going through) and contacted me. That is something to watch for - but easy to fix.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    I have always just gone to my dashboard clicked "Contact" got my pin number, dialed the phone number and never waited for more than 2 minutes to speak to someone.

    al
    Signature
    If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?~Scott Adams~
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      I have always just gone to my dashboard clicked "Contact" got my pin number, dialed the phone number and never waited for more than 2 minutes to speak to someone.

      al
      My experience, exactly. It's shocking, but true. lol

      Thank you.

Trending Topics