Go Back   WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Chat Room > The Off Topic Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
 
Share
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
Ever Learning Warrior
War Room Member
 
rushindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 891
Thanks: 62
Thanked 84 Times in 47 Posts
Default Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Where would you store $10,000,000 with no intent to grow it, but only to store it so that it is liquid or semi-liquid?

Banks? Foreign Currency? Stocks? Bonds? In the ground (lol)?

Brandon
rushindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
ereadergold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA & Montreal Canada
Posts: 2,425
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 1,065
Thanked 864 Times in 595 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

If you're having a problem with that PM me and I'll give you my PayPal address!



Seriously I'm confused - what does this have to do with Internet Marketing?

Bill
ereadergold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
phpLD master
War Room Member
 
dvduval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 3,813
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 77
Thanked 482 Times in 370 Posts
Social Networking View Member's FaceBook Profile  View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Right now it is tough to find a good place that will earn good interest. I would recommend CD's. You can get 4% for example at PenFed Credit Union. But then the problem with that amount of money is you have to spread it around to a bunch of different banks (which might be worth the trouble) because of the FDIC limit.

I would still recommend going at least 50% CDs, and then you'll probably need to invest. Mutual funds on Intermediate Term and Short Term Treasuries, Corporate and State Bond Funds, etc. You might also want to put something into food and energy stock funds. Everybody needs food and energy. Transportation is a good one too (Buffet is heavy into railroads). When the economy picks up, so will transportation. Good luck!

Try phLD!!! - New version JUST released March 2014. This is biggest rewrite of our script ever and now you will find there are Get ready for phpLD Local - It's responsive, uses Google maps, and much more!
dvduval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
You R GREAT if you are A
War Room Member
 
George Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Shakey/Sunny CA, USA.
Posts: 7,110
Blog Entries: 31
Thanks: 3,512
Thanked 2,252 Times in 929 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushindo View Post
Where would store $10,000,000 with no intent to grow it, but only to store it so that it is liquid or semi-liquid?

Banks? Foreign Currency? Stocks? Bonds? Dirt (lol)?

Brandon
I would donate it to Allen Says for Kiva and any other good cause he wanted to use it for.

George Wright

Don't Miss The Blockbuster eBook
INFORMATION SHOULD BE FREE
Only $9.97
Hurry! The price goes up with every sale.
George Wright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Lou Diamond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 1,165
Thanks: 28
Thanked 205 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Hello,
I would sleep on it for awhile,put it under your mattress.

Something new soon.
Lou Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
timpears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA.
Posts: 4,462
Thanks: 765
Thanked 916 Times in 664 Posts
Social Networking View Member's FaceBook Profile  View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

To store liquid assets so that you can have quick access to them, probably the best place is to put them in a money market account. They usually pay a decent rate of interest so you can stay even with inflation or close to it, and you can access it very quickly if you need it. You can get such accounts at banks or stock brokerages and other types pf financial entities which will typically pay a little higher rate than the banks.

Tim Pears

Jason Kanigan is putting on a fund raiser for my kidney transplant. See here.

KIDNEY Transplant Fundraising WSO: $2000 In Marketing Products!.
timpears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Ever Learning Warrior
War Room Member
 
rushindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 891
Thanks: 62
Thanked 84 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywebwork View Post
If you're having a problem with that PM me and I'll give you my PayPal address!



Seriously I'm confused - what does this have to do with Internet Marketing?

Bill
Are you serious? The description of the forum is "Where We Talk About Making Money" not just Internet marketing. Besides, once you make the money, wouldn't you want advice from the people that helped you make it about where to put it?

Brandon
rushindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia.
Posts: 5,567
Thanks: 173
Thanked 241 Times in 207 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Savings accounts at most Aussie banks are paying more than 5%.
What are the rates like in the US?

rondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
Senior Warrior Member
 
Silas Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S. / Shanghai
Posts: 1,001
Thanks: 13
Thanked 216 Times in 160 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Probably blue chip stocks, such as Walmart.

Looking for people to review a section of my massive eBay Guide! Contact me on Facebook.
Silas Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canary Islands - Spain
Posts: 236
Blog Entries: 5
Thanks: 23
Thanked 63 Times in 43 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Although the question does not seem to relate to this forumīs theme I will try and give you some constructive input.

What it comes down to is why you want to store it. If you are trying to hide assets against a lawsuit, be awarethat when you get found out ( notice I didnīt say IF) that will give you more trouble than benefit.

If your aim is to evade taxes, itīs even worse than the previous scenario. Nobody is better at finding money than the taxman. Nobody.

If what you want is to optimise yuor tax return, there are perfectly legal ways to do that. Simply get in contact with tax attorneys who will draw up a plan for you to set up your asets in such a way that you donīt pay moe than you should, yet you comlpy with your obligations.

If the money is totally clean but you just want it set aside to cover any future possible problems ( some businesses fear that the next product they are developing may cause lawsuits, as it happens with Big pharma) again you need expert attorneys to set you up with proper insurance and legal schemes to make those assets not vulnerable to such issues (incorporation, location of business, offshore accounts and so on).

The point is, when you are talking about such a big amount of money you need professionals to asist you in protecting yourself and your assets. They are there for a reason and their fees will always be less than the cost of not hiring them.

If you are looking at it form the perspective of something illegal, this is definitely not the place to ask.

SantiSantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
phpLD master
War Room Member
 
dvduval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 3,813
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 77
Thanked 482 Times in 370 Posts
Social Networking View Member's FaceBook Profile  View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Most people would always have an intent to grow it. In reality, if it sits with no interest, it is becoming less valuable. There are lots of relatively safe funds with someone like Vanguard or Schwab, and if you are going to put it in the bank, you might as well take the interest.

But 10,000,000 in banks is actually kind of a pain, because you would need to use 40 banks to stay under the FDIC limit in each, yet this is the safest and most liquid way to go. Certain funds in Vanguard and Schwab are liquid (can get the money within a few days).

On a side note, for people that want to hide the money in the short term, they often overpay their credit cards.

Try phLD!!! - New version JUST released March 2014. This is biggest rewrite of our script ever and now you will find there are Get ready for phpLD Local - It's responsive, uses Google maps, and much more!
dvduval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canary Islands - Spain
Posts: 236
Blog Entries: 5
Thanks: 23
Thanked 63 Times in 43 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

And if you like a bit of risk, Mr Bolton is back at Fidelity (He was their star fund manager for 28 years with the Fidelity Special Situations Fund). He will be starting a China focused fund about March 2010. the guy is genius.

SantiSantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
Self Unemployed
War Room Member
 
DogScout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,339
Thanks: 692
Thanked 619 Times in 368 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Myspace Profile  View Member's FaceBook Profile  View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Wrap packs of it up in saran wrap and then tin foil.
Put a couple in Tupperware until you have a lot of Tupperware filled with money.
go to a pond and find out how deep it is in the middle.
put all the Tupperware into plastic suitcases with bricks and tie them with plastic rope together

attach a flotation device about 8 feet short of the depth of the pond.
Take very careful measurements of the location.
Drop the suitcases overboard so the flotation device is about 8 feet from the surface.

When you need to make a 'withdrawal, just use a long hooked pole to grab the flotation device and haul up the suit cases. Take what you need and drop the rest back in the pond.

Watch the news
sometimes a location will lower a pond water level to dredge it
(remove algae, etc)
If that happens you want to shorten the rope.


DogScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #14
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 193
Thanks: 133
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

I would convert it to other currencies, for example in euros and pounds, because dollar will lose all of it's value and stop exist as currency in 5 years. I would make a secret wall in my garage where i would make huge safe which is impossible to break
Lett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #15
On Track
War Room Member
 
theemperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,469
Blog Entries: 6
Thanks: 438
Thanked 465 Times in 221 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushindo View Post
Where would store $10,000,000 with no intent to grow it, but only to store it so that it is liquid or semi-liquid?

Banks? Foreign Currency? Stocks? Bonds? Dirt (lol)?

Brandon
I take it this is a hypothetical questions? If not i'll take a 0.5% commision for my advice

Anyhow I would say just whack it in a bank account, to choose the best one, take advice from different lawyers / financial advisors / other rich people.

Remember that with inflation you will lose money in real terms every day.

Bonds and Stocks are very liquid but carry risk of losing capital of course.

Dirt - if you mean pornography ... could be a very good investment, and very "liquid".

theemperor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #16
Ever Learning Warrior
War Room Member
 
rushindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 891
Thanks: 62
Thanked 84 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Wright View Post
I would donate it to Allen Says for Kiva and any other good cause he wanted to use it for.

George Wright
George, definitely have plans for giving according to my preferences, which is actually the main reason I want the money liquid and could care less about it growing.

Brandon
rushindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #17
Ever Learning Warrior
War Room Member
 
rushindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 891
Thanks: 62
Thanked 84 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
Savings accounts at most Aussie banks are paying more than 5%.
What are the rates like in the US?
Regular U.S. savings accounts rates are low, I would say around 0.5% on average. Some banks have special savings accounts where you can earn up to 5%.

Brandon
rushindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #18
Ever Learning Warrior
War Room Member
 
rushindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 891
Thanks: 62
Thanked 84 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theemperor View Post
I take it this is a hypothetical questions? If not i'll take a 0.5% commision for my advice

Anyhow I would say just whack it in a bank account, to choose the best one, take advice from different lawyers / financial advisors / other rich people.

Remember that with inflation you will lose money in real terms every day.

Bonds and Stocks are very liquid but carry risk of losing capital of course.

Dirt - if you mean pornography ... could be a very good investment, and very "liquid".
No it's not hypothetical. Plan on selling a company soon and plan to have more than 10M after taxes. And by dirt I meant burying it in the ground, but I was joking ;-). And I agree about asking the experts, but I like to here other's opinions as well.

Brandon
rushindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #19
Glad I Got Canned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 679
Thanks: 326
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Gold coins and bars in strategically hidden/buried coffee cans. 10-20 coffee cans should do it, and if one gets lost, you've still got the others.

SurviveUnemployment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #20
Ever Learning Warrior
War Room Member
 
rushindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 891
Thanks: 62
Thanked 84 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantiSantana View Post
Although the question does not seem to relate to this forumīs theme I will try and give you some constructive input.

What it comes down to is why you want to store it. If you are trying to hide assets against a lawsuit, be awarethat when you get found out ( notice I didnīt say IF) that will give you more trouble than benefit.

If your aim is to evade taxes, itīs even worse than the previous scenario. Nobody is better at finding money than the taxman. Nobody.

If what you want is to optimise yuor tax return, there are perfectly legal ways to do that. Simply get in contact with tax attorneys who will draw up a plan for you to set up your asets in such a way that you donīt pay moe than you should, yet you comlpy with your obligations.

If the money is totally clean but you just want it set aside to cover any future possible problems ( some businesses fear that the next product they are developing may cause lawsuits, as it happens with Big pharma) again you need expert attorneys to set you up with proper insurance and legal schemes to make those assets not vulnerable to such issues (incorporation, location of business, offshore accounts and so on).

The point is, when you are talking about such a big amount of money you need professionals to asist you in protecting yourself and your assets. They are there for a reason and their fees will always be less than the cost of not hiring them.

If you are looking at it form the perspective of something illegal, this is definitely not the place to ask.
Hello sir, no I'm not doing anything illegal, unethical, shady, etc. I almost got offended but had to realize this is a public forum and you don't know me from Adam. I do agree about consulting experts, which I will, but I like to hear other people's opinions as well.

Thanks for your input.

Brandon
rushindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #21
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
travlinguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern Hemisphere, for now.
Posts: 4,972
Thanks: 3,556
Thanked 4,459 Times in 2,268 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

First I'd take some of the money and go to a remote location and build a huge underground warehouse. Then I'd take the rest of the cash and buy whiskey, vodka and other liquor. And no, I'm not a boozer.

These items hold their value because they're tangible unlike paper currency which loses more of its value daily.

travlinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #22
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
AllyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 102
Thanks: 26
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

You could always dig a hole and bury your money (metaphorically speaking), but why would you? Why don't you invest it wisely, live off the interest, and make donations when you feel like it? And if your funds grow, you have more to give away. Or waste on frivolous expenditures -- hey, it's your money.

Ally Woodrum
Best Natural Cancer Cures.org for information on natural and alternative cancer treatments.
AllyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #23
Glad I Got Canned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 679
Thanks: 326
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

I don't recommend the gold in coffee cans idea above, but since the question was "...store (not invest)..." that's how I'd do it.

SurviveUnemployment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #24
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Danville, Ohio, USA.
Posts: 4,383
Thanks: 347
Thanked 117 Times in 93 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Send a message via AIM to mmurtha Send a message via MSN to mmurtha
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogScout View Post
Wrap packs of it up in saran wrap and then tin foil.
Put a couple in Tupperware until you have a lot of Tupperware filled with money.
go to a pond and find out how deep it is in the middle.
put all the Tupperware into plastic suitcases with bricks and tie them with plastic rope together

attach a flotation device about 8 feet short of the depth of the pond.
Take very careful measurements of the location.
Drop the suitcases overboard so the flotation device is about 8 feet from the surface.

When you need to make a 'withdrawal, just use a long hooked pole to grab the flotation device and haul up the suit cases. Take what you need and drop the rest back in the pond.

Watch the news
sometimes a location will lower a pond water level to dredge it
(remove algae, etc)
If that happens you want to shorten the rope.


ROTFLMBO!

Think he can get to it then?
mmurtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #25
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Troy_Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Ga.
Posts: 2,859
Blog Entries: 9
Thanks: 1,708
Thanked 1,227 Times in 730 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Default Re: Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

I was going to say in the freezer next to the ice cream but checked and it is already filled to the brim with pocket change .

Now I am just kidding ... everyone knows us hillbillies use Mason jars .


Troy_Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #26
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 320
Thanks: 13
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Wow,if I have that amount,I will make a specific financial plan.I will use a part of them for bank account,then a part for bonus and last for stocks.Never put all the eggs in one basket.

HostEase Web Hosting
20% for shared web hosting with coupon code "hostease"! $7.95 per domain with coupon code "695TLD"!
99.9% Uptime Guarantee! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee! 24/7/365 Customer Support!
Steve Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #27
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

I would surely use it for real estate business.
Not sure if it`s liquid or semi-liquid, but at the moment smart investing in real estate really brings some powerful opportunities.
Of course, deep research is required. You have 10 million reasons to make it right
igorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #28
Brutal honesty's me
 
artwebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coín, Spain
Posts: 1,031
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 32
Thanked 249 Times in 140 Posts
Social Networking View Member's FaceBook Profile  View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

The first thing you must ask yourself is why you feel that storage is a good idea. Although the sum involved is substantial it can be easily converted to small assets like diamonds which can be concealed just about anywhere.

The very idea of storage indicates a nonchalance towards the money that could also indicate a lack of commitment towards it. If that is the case, utilise a short term money broker specialising in 24 - 48 hour commercial loans and use the profits to donate to charities or finance a pet project of your own.

Meanwhile, maybe you should sit and think about the illogic behind the storage idea and look at the situation more realistically.

You might not like what I say - but I believe it.
Build it, make money, then build some more
Some old school smarts would help - and here's to Rob Toth for his help. Bloody good stuff, even the freebies!
artwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #29
Just hitting the mouse!
War Room Member
 
Richard Tunnah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Puerto Calero, Lanzarote/Harrow, UK
Posts: 2,134
Thanks: 486
Thanked 269 Times in 214 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

I'd not store it! I'd invest that money into property. I can only talk about UK here as I don't know about other countries. BUt in the UK property has doubled in value on average every 10 years since 1950'ss (when property prices started being tracked). You could then rent out said property and give the rent away to charity if you wished. Rent can be earnt tax free in the UK (at the moment) using a legal loophole.
That's what I'd do.

Rich
Richard Tunnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
1.2 million project
War Room Member
 
J Bold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NW USA
Posts: 3,318
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 1,006
Thanked 888 Times in 562 Posts
Social Networking View Member's FaceBook Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Put it in a safe deposit box in the bank. Better yet, buy gold and silver and put that in a safe deposit box in a Swiss bank.

Yep, that's what I'd do.

J Bold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #31
On Track
War Room Member
 
theemperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,469
Blog Entries: 6
Thanks: 438
Thanked 465 Times in 221 Posts
Default Re: Where would you store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tunnah View Post
I'd not store it! I'd invest that money into property. I can only talk about UK here as I don't know about other countries. BUt in the UK property has doubled in value on average every 10 years since 1950'ss (when property prices started being tracked). You could then rent out said property and give the rent away to charity if you wished. Rent can be earnt tax free in the UK (at the moment) using a legal loophole.
That's what I'd do.

Rich
NO!!!! DON'T DO THAT!

Invest that money in property and you will be in for a NASTY SHOCK over the next 2-3 years, especially in the UK.

Reasons:

  • Biggest global property boom in the history of the world
  • UK is the epicenter of the boom, outdoing practically all other countries in the world for ridiculousness of house prices.
  • Price to earning ratios still at staggering levels
  • Highest government fiscal deficit since the war
  • "LABOUR!!!" government plans to raise taxes and reduce spending, god knows what the Tories will do when they get into power.
  • Quantitative easing will need to stop and be put into reverse to save GBP.
  • Interest Rates will need to raise at some point.
  • Rents are falling
  • Unemployment is increasing
  • We are in a recession
  • Rental yields do not cover costs even with interest rates at 0.5%
I am very bullish on internet marketing, but property has had it's day. It's dead!

Remember Japan's lost decade. A mini-example if what we have to come.

theemperor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #32
Business Owner
War Room Member
 
Adam Nolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 734
Thanks: 500
Thanked 336 Times in 176 Posts
Default Re: Where would store (not invest) $10,000,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushindo View Post
No it's not hypothetical. Plan on selling a company soon and plan to have more than 10M after taxes. And by dirt I meant burying it in the ground, but I was joking ;-). And I agree about asking the experts, but I like to here other's opinions as well.

Brandon

Segregated funds... exempt from probate fees, can't be seized by creditors and you can get guarantees on the amount. Best thing since sliced bread.

PM me if you want more info - I do this every day.

-Adam

Marketing Hacks Workshop Tonight at 8PM EST.

Tonights Hack: The incredible hidden traffic source you haven't heard about that can send thousands of targeted visitors to your website for 1.9 cents per click.
Adam Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Chat Room > The Off Topic Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
$10, invest, store

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:30 PM.