What percentage of people on here do you think are HONEST, HARD WORKING PEOPLE?

by Michael Oksa 62 replies
Hi Warriors,

In a recent thread, somebody asked "What percentage of people on here do you think are LYING?". Talk about a loaded question!

I'm so fed up with people thinking 80%, 90%, 95% or 100% of the people here are being dishonest.

For one thing, if I EVER thought I was somewhere where 80%+ of the people were lying...I WOULD RUN FOR THE DOOR.

So, if so many people think we're crooks, then why do they stay here?

Anyway, let's reverse the tables and ask...

What percentage of Warriors do you think are honest, hard working people?

All the best,
Michael
#off topic forum #hard #honest #people #percentage #working
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
    10% Maybe. I try to be an optimist.
    Signature

    Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
    Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264334].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
      I think that the vast majority of people are honest, hard-working people who just want to build a business. It's the vocal minority that is truly dishonest but as with everything in life, human nature tends to magnify the negative.

      I've also found that those complaining about lying marketers are the ones who failed to make the big money they thought they would in a short amount of time. Instead of taking responsibility, it is easier to blame the marketer and say they lied.

      Tina
      Signature
      Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
      Fast & Easy Content Creation
      ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264345].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
        Originally Posted by TMG Enterprises View Post

        I think that the vast majority of people are honest, hard-working people who just want to build a business.
        You should realize, that if that were true about this place ever, it wouldn't stay true for long, because for a subset of the population (which is VASTLY larger than you think) the kind of person you describe is "prey".

        And since these kinds of people tend to hunt in packs and they can smell blood in the water, very very quickly, the predators and scavengers will outnumber the prey.

        What is it you think LED to the person posting the thread that this OP disagreed with?

        There's also a distortion that happens when you talk about the bad people online as being a "vocal minority" because that's not possible in an online context.

        You're dealing with a permanent informational medium. The most vocal segment CANNOT be a minority, because they produce the majority of the documents.

        The population of this forum only APPEARS to you to be people - it's actually just a big repository of information. I would say the vast, vast majority of the information contained on this site is shared by people who are not qualified to say what they are saying other than that they are repeating it.

        That in itself is one of the most dangerous forms of dishonesty, when you present your opinion as fact because it masks ignorance from the audience. Remember, it's not just willful or predatory dishonesty that harms.

        Would anyone disagree?

        I feel like if you come into this place you need to have your night vision goggles on, not your rose colored glasses.
        Signature

        Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
        Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264384].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Michael, I honestly have no idea.

      Forget IM.

      I have lived through 52 years in the off line world and I have run into more
      than my fair share of shady characters.

      It's a big planet. There are good and bad people everywhere. What I try to
      do is focus on the good but at the same time realize that I have to be
      careful about who I deal with. Look, just recently a bunch of people who
      had it in for me got my Youtube account closed.

      The world is what it is.

      All we can do is make the best of it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264346].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Look, just recently a bunch of people who
        had it in for me got my Youtube account closed.
        Steven,

        The good news: Youtube have identified who this bunch is

        The bad news: it's the whole Warrior Forum

        Harvey
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264976].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GrantFreeman
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Look, just recently a bunch of people who
        had it in for me got my Youtube account closed.

        The world is what it is.

        All we can do is make the best of it.
        Sorry to hear about that Wags.

        "Great spirits are always met by violent opposition from mediocre minds"
        -Albert Einstein

        My opinion on the subject? Who knows for sure. I'd like to think most are honest.. but then I read (laugh though) my blog comments.

        Grant
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2391662].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by Colin Theriot View Post

      10% Maybe. I try to be an optimist.
      Seriously?

      Then, no offense intended, why do you hang out here if you think 90% are lazy liars? Again, nothing personal.

      That's the other part of it I don't get. I'm really trying to wrap my head around why people would count themselves amongs a group of so many people they think are lying.

      Do you seriously think only 10% are honest, or only 10% are hard working, or 10% are BOTH honest AND hard working?

      It would also be interesting to see how many people think THEY are honest.

      Kind of like 87% of drivers believe they are above average, if you follow.

      That being said, I did ask.



      All the best,
      Michael
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264351].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        It would also be interesting to see how many people think THEY are honest.


        All the best,
        Michael
        I am honest to a fault. I can't even imagine how many sales I've lost
        because I've told people this isn't for them if they're looking to push a
        button and have $100 bills fall from the sky.

        I honestly sometimes think I'm not really cut out for this business because
        there are a lot of things I won't do and there are a lot of things I see that
        I hate.

        But then I look at people like Paul Myers, Kevin Riley, Tim Gorman, Dean
        Shainin and others who I admire because of the way they run their
        business. Paul Myers, with his newsletter, takes the term "overdeliver" and
        gives it a whole new meaning.

        There are some really good eggs out here Michael.

        There are also some really bad apples.

        Such is life.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264367].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CurtisN
        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        Seriously?

        Then, no offense intended, why do you hang out here if you think 90% are lazy liars? Again, nothing personal.

        That's the other part of it I don't get. I'm really trying to wrap my head around why people would count themselves amongs a group of so many people they think are lying.

        Do you seriously think only 10% are honest, or only 10% are hard working, or 10% are BOTH honest AND hard working?

        It would also be interesting to see how many people think THEY are honest.

        Kind of like 87% of drivers believe they are above average, if you follow.

        That being said, I did ask.



        All the best,
        Michael
        Michael,

        I would kind of agree with Colin. There are well over 100K members of this forum. A fraction of that number is active. The inactive people do not represent what this forum is all about.

        Therefore, it would be a mistake to count us as one of them. As for those who are left standing, it's difficult to say. The naive thing to say would be that there's only a couple bad apples. But I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of dishonest and lazy people either pretending to be legit, or simply lurking in the shadows.

        So why do I hang out here? Because the people who represent this forum are the ones who are active, and these people are honest.

        Curtis
        Signature
        Curtis Ng (blog) - Product Launch Manager
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264386].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        Seriously?

        Then, no offense intended, why do you hang out here if you think 90% are lazy liars? Again, nothing personal.
        I believe in what Ted Sturgeon said about 99% of everything being crap. I said 90% because I'm more of an optimist. If I was trying to avoid the 90% of crap out there, I would never leave my house.

        This forum is big enough to be a reflection and microcosm of the world at large. At least, the technologically advanced first world culture.

        And you can't really believe that 90% of that society is NOT both lazy and stupid and lie all the time, not just to authority and each other, but to themselves.

        And hey, me too. No one can escape it - our brains are built to sleepwalk us through life.

        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        That's the other part of it I don't get. I'm really trying to wrap my head around why people would count themselves amongs a group of so many people they think are lying.
        I count myself among them because I'm not yet such a misanthrope that I don't want to be part of humanity.

        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        Do you seriously think only 10% are honest, or only 10% are hard working, or 10% are BOTH honest AND hard working?
        It might not be the same 10%, because I don't they they have a causal relationship, but I think the percentages would be about the same.


        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        It would also be interesting to see how many people think THEY are honest.

        Kind of like 87% of drivers believe they are above average, if you follow.
        Almost everyone thinks they are "honest" or at least they live up to some kind of code. Excluding total sociopaths, even the worst deliberate frauds have a sort of ethics where their predatory natures will be reigned in when among perceived equals.

        No bad guy ever thinks they are just being a bad guy. It's always internally justified. There's a really great series in the New York Times right now by Errol Morris about how the ignorant, by definition, are not capable of recognizing how ignorant they are.

        We are ruled and dominated and surrounded by overconfident idiots.

        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        That being said, I did ask.



        All the best,
        Michael
        You did! Would you rather I lied in my answer?

        But to the core of your question - why am I here anyway? Why do I spend my time posting all the stuff I do? I dunno. Duty? I was born with the ability to create a signal, but I was born into a world of noise.

        There are other people like me, and I prefer to spend my time with them, but if you don't use the signal, if you don't get out there and listen for other signals, you never find them. That gets lonely and depressing.

        Also, I think a large part of the ignorance problem has to do with SMART people not CARING and not doing MORE. You know what I'M tired of? Not negativity about your fellow man, because I'm a realist and its deserved.

        What I'm tired of is how things have gotten so backwards that it's not cool to be smart. I think that keeps WAY more progress from happening than ANYTHING else. If society put as much value into education as it put into sports, the STARS would be in our reach by now.

        We walked on the FREAKING MOON at one time in our human history. At one point THAT is what riveted the world's imagination. Now we have reality TV, which to quote Dana Gould - is "an amateur production about nothing".

        So I say enough. I say cut a swath through the masses. Let your little light shine. Be the missionary of the smart and the honest and the USEFUL out there among the sleeping masses. Maybe if I wake up just one or two people... and THEY wake up one or two people...

        Then MAYBE us smarter people will not get bred out of existence before the inevitable rock from space wipes out most of the human race. If we have at least a FEW smart people left by then, we might not get reset back to zero.

        But you know, I try to be an optimist.
        Signature

        Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
        Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264443].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lisa Gergets
    {raises hand}
    .

    .

    .
    {gets back to work}
    Signature
    Sign up to be notified when Success on Demand goes live, and receive a FREE mindmap that you can follow to create and launch your OWN IM PRODUCTS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Leslie B
    Thanks a lot Lisa. What? I don't count anymore?

    Mike, I think most of us are hard working, honest people. I think the problem lies more in the mindset of others.

    Leslie
    Signature
    Increase Traffic and Income Today By Speeding Up Your Loading Time with: Easy WP Speed
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    I dont want to work hard, but I sure as hell want to be honest in what I do.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CurtisN
    Can't you be honest, but not hard working? Or dishonest and hard working?
    Signature
    Curtis Ng (blog) - Product Launch Manager
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264355].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by CurtisN View Post

      Can't you be honest, but not hard working? Or dishonest and hard working?
      Thanks, Curtis, that's a good point.

      Let me change the question to...

      What percentage of Warriors do you think are honest, and/or hard working people?

      That's more of what I'm curious about.

      All the best,
      Michael
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264375].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        Thanks, Curtis, that's a good point.

        Let me change the question to...

        What percentage of Warriors do you think are honest, and/or hard working people?

        That's more of what I'm curious about.

        All the best,
        Michael
        Well, now that you put it that way, I'd guess we're into the 70% and above.

        ~Bill
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    No, the naive thing would be to say "90% of the people here are liars, but there's no way I'll fall prey to them".



    ~Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264403].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kelly Verge
    How would we know?


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264429].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hanz
      The few people who I trusted were scammers who resorted to pulling the farce of being successful but with the intention of making money any way possible even if it meant being dishonest with their earnings in order to build a trust with the customer. So far it's 0-4 from the folk I've been following. No names mentioned.
      I've also noticed that even the reputable folk who are releasing step by step guides on earning money actually try to cop-out with the whole "Think outside the box" or "Be creative" rather than actually explain the whole step by step process.
      Signature
      All The Hottest eBooks, Graphics, Software, Videos, Audios, SEO Reports & Articles You Want with PLR ~ New Products Added Daily in Super Hot Niches! ~ Sign Up to PLR Assassin Today
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264457].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
        Originally Posted by Hanz View Post

        The few people who I trusted were scammers who resorted to pulling the farce of being successful but with the intention of making money any way possible even if it meant being dishonest with their earnings in order to build a trust with the customer. So far it's 0-4 from the folk I've been following. No names mentioned.
        I've also noticed that even the reputable folk who are releasing step by step guides on earning money actually try to cop-out with the whole "Think outside the box" or "Be creative" rather than actually explain the whole step by step process.
        Do you think an idiot could explain to a smart person how to be an idiot? Probably not. It's the same thing with creativity - even if you have it, you can't necessarily teach it. That's why you see a lot of that.

        And to be honest, they aren't lying - if they could GIVE you a step by step for that part, none of the people following would have any uniqueness, and in all likelihood, would fail because of it.

        A lot of success in marketing has to do with getting attention, and getting attention has to do with breaking the pattern in a noticeable way. If everyone is breaking the pattern and the same time in the same way, it's just another pattern, and the attention-getting breaks down.

        You've seen this happen in this niche - when people complain about "launch fatigue" it's because they've spotted the pattern of artificial buzz. It's no longer a believable singular bit of naturally-occurring goodness.

        What I recommend you do instead of looking at being told to be creative and have a unique approach as a cop-out, is consider this quote from Ben Franklin:

        "Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about."

        Best way to get attention online I ever heard. Follow that line of thought, and you WILL FALL out of the box. Hope that helps.
        Signature

        Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
        Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264491].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by Colin Theriot View Post

          Do you think an idiot could explain to a smart person how to be an idiot? Probably not. It's the same thing with creativity - even if you have it, you can't necessarily teach it. That's why you see a lot of that.

          And to be honest, they aren't lying - if they could GIVE you a step by step for that part, none of the people following would have any uniqueness, and in all likelihood, would fail because of it.

          A lot of success in marketing has to do with getting attention, and getting attention has to do with breaking the pattern in a noticeable way. If everyone is breaking the pattern and the same time in the same way, it's just another pattern, and the attention-getting breaks down.

          You've seen this happen in this niche - when people complain about "launch fatigue" it's because they've spotted the pattern of artificial buzz. It's no longer a believable singular bit of naturally-occurring goodness.

          What I recommend you do instead of looking at being told to be creative and have a unique approach as a cop-out, is consider this quote from Ben Franklin:

          "Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about."

          Best way to get attention online I ever heard. Follow that line of thought, and you WILL FALL out of the box. Hope that helps.

          Colin, you're a bright guy....nough said.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Bard
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264447].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dannyadams
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264504].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mohamed_Mnafeg
        there is an old say that say:"You are what you think"
        if you think that most people are honnest then you are honnest
        if you think that most people are liars you are liar
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264526].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Elmer Hurlstone
          Mike, why don't you ask a hard question?

          I have no way of knowing who on this forum is honest and/or hard working.

          Through my life I've met folks who thought they were working hard while doing much less than someone else who thought they were doing relatively nothing.

          I've met people who appeared to be totally honest and ethical in their professional lives but were provably dishonest in their personal lives.

          This board is made up of people. People will be what they will be whether online or offline.

          We judge the honesty and work ethic of others relative to our own standards. I think we also temper our judgments based on our opinion of another. We're more likely to give benefit of doubt to someone we like over someone we don't care for.

          Finally, without a firm, agreed to by all, standard there will be differences of opinion as to who, here or anywhere, is honest and/or hard working.

          One can be an honest and lazy layabout.
          One can be a dishonest lazy layabout.
          One can be a hard worker whether honest or dishonest.

          As to assigning percentages of WF members who meet some standard for honesty and/or work ethic it will be no less than 0% and certainly no greater than 100%.

          Elmer
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264639].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ASUService
            Originally Posted by Elmer Hurlstone View Post

            Mike, why don't you ask a hard question?

            I have no way of knowing who on this forum is honest and/or hard working.

            Through my life I've met folks who thought they were working hard while doing much less than someone else who thought they were doing relatively nothing.

            I've met people who appeared to be totally honest and ethical in their professional lives but were provably dishonest in their personal lives.

            This board is made up of people. People will be what they will be whether online or offline.

            We judge the honesty and work ethic of others relative to our own standards. I think we also temper our judgments based on our opinion of another. We're more likely to give benefit of doubt to someone we like over someone we don't care for.

            Finally, without a firm, agreed to by all, standard there will be differences of opinion as to who, here or anywhere, is honest and/or hard working.

            One can be an honest and lazy layabout.
            One can be a dishonest lazy layabout.
            One can be a hard worker whether honest or dishonest.

            As to assigning percentages of WF members who meet some standard for honesty and/or work ethic it will be no less than 0% and certainly no greater than 100%.

            Elmer
            I haven't read the entire thread but the single word that rang in my head from the beginning was "perception"!

            Elmer, Thanks for how you expanded on that thought so well.
            Signature

            Best Regards,
            Mike Allton
            ASU Service, Inc.
            The LAST SMS Platform You'll Ever Need! Easy Money!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dannyadams
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264499].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Karen Blundell
      Originally Posted by dannyadams View Post

      Split the question up because the numbers, in my view, are way different.

      from my experience, I'd say about 75% of warriors are Honest and genuine people.

      When it comes to hard working, I'd say about 2 or 3 %.

      When I say hard working, I mean working a day job from 7AM to 6PM...having a Number 2 with a Coke on the ride home....coming home and working until 4AM.

      I work full time online and have for the past 5 years. It's 7AM until at least 11PM for me every day. I work 6 days per week taking Tuesdays off every week. I also usually take a "vacation" once a month of about 4 days.

      People come on the internet because they think they can make millions working an hour a week. That's simply not the case. In order to succeed, you must have your head down working 18 hours + per day for at least 18 months.


      well, I think you're being judgemental with your statement because you can work hard for 4 hours and get the same or more accomplished than someone else who takes 12 hours to do the same tasks. Just because people don't work as many hours as you do doesn't mean they are lazy asses.

      I've come to the conclusion that what you focus on is what you draw into your life. If you focus on how bad people are, or how dishonest, etc., you're going to attract that kind of people.

      I would venture a guess that there are way more good, honest, hard-working people here than you think. So with that in mind, I'm voting 85-90% honest people and 60-70% hard-working...
      I'm an eternal optimist...sue me!
      Signature
      I love life!
      ---------------
      Free Web Tools
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Currently Active Users: 3804 (1264 members and 2540 guests)

    How could anyone possibly know unless you're really a social butterfly and get around a lot. With that many users, each of us actually know (or have read numerous posts by) a small handful of total users, so any percentages are just more made up percentages.

    Some are honest and some are not. It's that simple.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264577].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      Currently Active Users: 3804 (1264 members and 2540 guests)

      How could anyone possibly know unless you're really a social butterfly and get around a lot. With that many users, each of us actually know (or have read numerous posts by) a small handful of total users, so any percentages are just more made up percentages.

      Some are honest and some are not. It's that simple.
      Hi Suzanne,

      I think that's a fair statement.

      It's also why it bugs me when I see posts that claim "90% of peopleat the Warrior Forum are dishonest."

      It's not only a question of how could they know, but also one of why do they assume the worst? That's not being a realist, that's being cynical. Big difference.

      On the other hand, I don't know either, but to suggest somebody is naive for assuming the best is plain old wrong. The trick is to assume the best, WITH verification. You can trust somebody and do your due diligence at the same time.

      All the best,
      Michael
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ken Leatherman
    One of the things I learned in Marine Corps boot camp (49 years ago this month) was there is always a 10%, who won't get it right, lie, steal, cheat and take advantage of anyone they can. But I also learned the other 90% are the ones who will be more than willing to go the extra mile with you or for you.

    I have seen more Warriors going the extra mile for other Warriors than I have seen of the 10% losers taking advantage.

    However, each one of us have to take responsibility for our own business and life decisions. Using a good healthy dose of common sense will keep you way ahead of the 10% loser bunch.

    Ken Leatherman

    The Old Geezer
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
      What I'm tired of is how things have gotten so backwards that it's not cool to be smart. I think that keeps WAY more progress from happening than ANYTHING else. If society put as much value into education as it put into sports, the STARS would be in our reach by now.

      We walked on the FREAKING MOON at one time in our human history. At one point THAT is what riveted the world's imagination. Now we have reality TV, which to quote Dana Gould - is "an amateur production about nothing".
      I wish more people thought like this. I'm far more alarmed by the mindset of catering to the lowest common denominator than I am on the honesty levels.

      I don't agree that most people are dishonest or even lazy, although I believe the lazy part of the population is growing tremendously. Are the majority perfect and completely 100% honest all the time? Nope. But I do believe the majority try to be. And I don't base my opinion on just this forum or the members here. This is still a very small population compared to the world at large or even the internet.

      Tina
      Signature
      Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
      Fast & Easy Content Creation
      ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derekwong28
    I would say that I am pretty honest but not hard working. However, I do not sell anything here. If I did, I honestly could not guarantee that I will be 100% honest. I do not ecen consider myself to be an Internet Marketeer.

    In fact, I would think that the majority of warriors have not sold anything here. There is also a group including myself who have no interest in getting other warriors to their websites, blogs or mailing list hoping for a future sale. I would say that if you are just making money through Adsense, then you cannot be considered as an Internet Marketeer.

    Therefore although I don't think that your logic necessarily applies.

    Derek
    Signature

    Do not get between a wombat and a chocolate biscuit; you will regret it dearly!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264642].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jdenc
      As others have mentioned it's all about your personal perspective. We got one guy here who says he works 100+ hours a week. I am sure I would appear to be less than hardworking to him as I am simply not going to do that. In my personal experience that is not the way to go. At some point you hit the law of diminishing returns and a lot of that time spent is kind of useless. Plus the burnout potential would be huge for me. But then again since I am willing to actually work more than 40 hours I would appear hardworking to someone that isn't willing to put in more than 40.

      On the honesty thing I simply don't know. I haven't met anyone here in person so even people I have come to think of as trustworthy could be sandbagging me and how would I know? I won't til I give them money really. And I think assuming this crowd is representative of a cross section of society is wrong. We are a subset of a subset group of people. The deeper you go into subsets of groups the more likely you are to find a polarized population. So it's possible that by the time you boil down the mix to this subset you get more hucksters landing here. I think that's especially true when we look into the MMO micro niche. Does that mean everyone who does that is a liar or fraud? Absolutely not. Does it mean that there are likely more hucksters there than in say the Amazon affiliate micro niche? I wouldn't be surprised. Would you?

      As an example of my subset theory I sold cars at one time. One day a young couple walks in, newborn in tow, and they just need some decent transportation. They want to pay cash for a used car and for 1986 they had a decent amount to spend. So we had a female salesman who got them and talked them into a car that had a bonus attached for selling it on top of the normal commission. As she's driving it out oil is streaming out of the engine. So instead of telling the buyers what does the lot do? They have the lot guy go out and rinse away the oil. All the sales people see this and I seem to be the only one offended. The car breaks down, of course, about 2 blocks from the dealership. She tells them it's out of gas and gets the lot to go get it. They come back and she is getting them to sign for the car full well knowing the engine is complete swiss cheese. So when she goes back to "talk to the manager" I go over to the couple and tell them why the car really stopped and I advise them to leave now. They did and so did I, never to return. Now why did I tell that story? Because when we look at the overarching group sales we probably find mostly hardworking, relatively honest people. It's when we drill down into those subsets that we find where the hucksters end up in force. And IM is so full of different subsets it's hard to say really where that leaves us here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    I read somewhere it's like this:

    25% of people are dishonest all the time
    25% of people are honest all the time
    The other 50% will be dishonest if they think they can get away with it.....INTERNET?

    So based on this I'd say 75% of people here and on the Net are dishonest some of the time.... ????

    Like someone said before..when does hype = lies? Because we have all come across sales letters full of HYPE yet no one says "lies" What's the difference? Online?
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Originally Posted by sloanjim View Post

    But do honest people act honest ALL THE TIME? Are you saying 100% honest 100% of the time?
    Are the people who say 99% of Warriors are liars saying they're 100% dishonest 100% of the time?

    Obviously not.

    There is problem here. If somebody claims to be honest, it's fairly common to find even the slightest hint of non-fact (read: opinion or ignorance) - THEN the cynics can say "SEE? I told you nobody was honest!"

    BUT...If somebody is pegged as a liar, it's RARE that others start looking for truth to prove the contrary. Instead, they say "SEE? I told you nobody was honest!"

    Are Warriors trying to be honest, or dishonest? Are they trying to scam people or not scam people? Are they concerned about their reputations, or not concerned about their reputations? And the list goes on...

    I believe, generally speaking, that Warriors are a pretty decent bunch, and when people say 80%+ are not, then, yes, I disagree.

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264925].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Let me say this, and maybe this is a sad statement of fact, but it's truly
      how I feel.

      The number of people here at this forum who, if they PM'd me and asked
      me to do a JV with them, I actually trust to do one...I could count those
      people on one hand.

      That isn't to say that I think everybody else is a crook. It's just that I've
      seen so much (and sometimes from people I did trust) that I just don't
      assume the best anymore.

      If I feel that way, I can only imagine how many others feel the same way.

      And if that's the case, then it really is a sad commentary on the
      perception of honesty and ethics in the IM community.

      Michael...sorry, but you asked.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264944].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Let me say this, and maybe this is a sad statement of fact, but it's truly how I feel.

        The number of people here at this forum who, if they PM'd me and asked
        me to do a JV with them, I actually trust to do one...I could count those
        people on one hand.
        Sheesh Steven, I'd run out of fingers and toes and any other digit I'd care to use before I even exhausted the list of women on this forum I'd JV with if given the chance much less the men.

        I'm either an optimist or I live a very sheltered life.

        ~Bill
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264991].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        The number of people here at this forum who, if they PM'd me and asked me to do a JV with them, I actually trust to do one...I could count those people on one hand.
        But see, here's the other side of that.

        The people you WOULD trust to do it are certainly fewer than the people you COULD trust to do it.

        I'm currently embroiled in four JVs with appointments to discuss two more by Monday.

        Last week, I had two of the three JVs I was doing then fall through. I couldn't trust those people to do what needed to be done. And, honestly, I didn't think I could either.

        But I did anyway.

        People surprise you. If you get so bound up in the bad experiences that you won't let them surprise you in good ways anymore, I honestly think you lose a lot more than you would if you just went ahead and let those bad experiences keep happening.

        I like good surprises. But in order to get them at all, you have to take risks, and you have to accept that there will be bad surprises too.
        Signature
        "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265387].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

      Are the people who say 99% of Warriors are liars saying they're 100% dishonest 100% of the time?

      Are Warriors trying to be honest, or dishonest? Are they trying to scam people or not scam people? Are they concerned about their reputations, or not concerned about their reputations? And the list goes on...

      I believe, generally speaking, that Warriors are a pretty decent bunch, and when people say 80%+ are not, then, yes, I disagree.

      All the best,
      Michael

      The problem with narrowing it down to "Warriors" is that literally anyone on the Internet can be a "Warrior" and there are plenty here who are here to make a fast buck whether it be honestly or dishonestly.

      The Warrior Forum isn't some exclusive club where only honest people congregate to do business. The doors are open to all. I'd rather do business here than just about any other forum, particularly one like DP, but like Steven, there are few that I would trust ... just because they are a Warrior Forum member. I've had my share of questionable JV offers and I've had people from here buy a bunch of my $27 niche sites only to immediately file a Paypal dispute to get them all for free. I can't tell you how many times that has happened.

      There are tons of sites that sell people's WSO products and I suspect that they are members here and monitor the WSO and are serial refunders ... just to get the products to sell.

      The WSO forum, while in the beginning it meant a special offer to Warriors, often now means a way to make a fast buck on products that clearly were just launched to part people from their money rather than provide value to their customers.

      Internet Marketing as a whole, not just on the Warrior Forum has a very bad reputation. It didn't get that way without a reason. The FTC didn't find it necessary to crack down on Flogs, fake testimonials, fake reviews, false income claims without a reason. It wasn't just a government conspiracy. Lots of people have been scammed out of lots of money.

      Certainly, many of them aren't the brightest pennies in the pot to believe some of the claims I've seen, but it doesn't matter. The FTC aims to protect them anyway.

      That being said, there are probably more people on this forum that I respect than on most forums, but there are many people that I don't trust as far as I can throw them and thousands that I just don't even know at all ... they just lurk.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    I do agree in that I've been on other forums where it's like stepping into a prison yard. I have no idea how many are dishonest at all......judging by many of the WSO's and services I have bought here I'd say 70%+ have been superb.....is that anything to go by?

    Man.....cheer me up.
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264945].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Damien Roche
    Great thread! Does it matter? HA! No.

    As long as people hear what they want to, everybody's happy.

    Lie to me, make me feel important, make me feel special...here, take my money.
    Signature
    >> Seasoned Web Developer (CSS, JavaScript, PHP, Ruby) <<
    Available for Fixed Fee Projects and Hourly ($40/hr)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author butters
    Can you define what you mean by lie, if you are counting white lies, non harmful lies etc... We all lie, it's true, 100% of people on this forum would be deemed a liar. Now, if your talking about how many people deliberately set out to deceive then I would go with 5-10%. I would like to think 90% are honest or atleast non malicious but maybe I am being way to optimistic .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2264992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alfred Shelver
    Michael the last 2 Threads i have read of yours lately have had a lot of percentages in them, Go figure.

    Colin; Were you one of Obamas speach writers? geez i feel like going out and Taking over the world after reading some of your posts ( Note to self: NEVER DEBATE WITH COLIN THERIOT)

    I want to believe most people are inherintly honest, Hard working ? no thats a smaller numbers as far as I am concerned
    Signature

    Help me give my children a better future gofund.me/xge53k8

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
      Originally Posted by nashelver View Post

      Colin; Were you one of Obamas speach writers? geez i feel like going out and Taking over the world after reading some of your posts ( Note to self: NEVER DEBATE WITH COLIN THERIOT)
      Lol, thanks. That made my day! No, I wasn't one of his speech writers, but if he's shopping around, I'm up for it (if he can afford me).

      As far as debating goes, I only get really into it if I think the visible discussion is going to contribute to the forum as a whole. I believe in the Socratic method of learning and I think debate is a powerful teaching too, but more importantly a LEARNING tool.

      One of the most damaging things I think has happened to modern "education" is that it's predominantly indoctrination, where the students must accept what's taught without question.

      Sadly, this is mostly because the teachers have no expertise besides teaching from a book and lesson plan, so they can't even reasonably discuss the topics they purport to teach.

      This is the real reason debate has fallen out of school, and I think it's to the great detriment of EVERYONE. I will argue with someone until they convince me I'm wrong or they give up. That's exercise for the brain just the same as you won't get physically fit until you feel the burn.

      I don't believe in "agree to disagree" until I feel I've adequately presented my own case. Because if I really think you're wrong, not saying so is a kind of dishonesty against the principles this forum is supposed to be about. At least, that's how I think about it.

      But I'm rambling again - people keep saying I'm awesome at debating. It's too bad I'm so apolitical.
      Signature

      Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
      Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265205].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jdenc
        Originally Posted by Colin Theriot View Post

        Lol, thanks. That made my day! No, I wasn't one of his speech writers, but if he's shopping around, I'm up for it (if he can afford me).

        As far as debating goes, I only get really into it if I think the visible discussion is going to contribute to the forum as a whole. I believe in the Socratic method of learning and I think debate is a powerful teaching too, but more importantly a LEARNING tool.

        One of the most damaging things I think has happened to modern "education" is that it's predominantly indoctrination, where the students must accept what's taught without question.

        Sadly, this is mostly because the teachers have no expertise besides teaching from a book and lesson plan, so they can't even reasonably discuss the topics they purport to teach.

        This is the real reason debate has fallen out of school, and I think it's to the great detriment of EVERYONE. I will argue with someone until they convince me I'm wrong or they give up. That's exercise for the brain just the same as you won't get physically fit until you feel the burn.

        I don't believe in "agree to disagree" until I feel I've adequately presented my own case. Because if I really think you're wrong, not saying so is a kind of dishonesty against the principles this forum is supposed to be about. At least, that's how I think about it.

        But I'm rambling again - people keep saying I'm awesome at debating. It's too bad I'm so apolitical.
        I am going to have to disagree with you here on a point or two.

        I don't think debate has fallen out of favor because teachers are incompetent. And I don't think they teach from the book because they are incompetent. They are forced to because so many dollars ride on standardized test performance. They are forced to get the square pegs into the round holes and that doesn't leave much time for extras. I don't find laying these ills at the feet teachers who don't decide policy and only have these kids part time to be at all productive or particularly on point. It all starts at home. From who does make policy to what the perceived value of education is. When we get home straight then we can start looking at other reasons. But first the 800lb gorilla must be dealt with.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265287].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
          Originally Posted by jdenc View Post

          I am going to have to disagree with you here on a point or two.

          I don't think debate has fallen out of favor because teachers are incompetent. And I don't think they teach from the book becasue they are incompetent. They are forced to because so many dollars ride on standardized test performance. They are forced to get the square pegs into the round holes and that doesn't leave much time for extras. I don't find laying these ills at the feet teachers who don't decide policy and only have these kids part time to be at all productive or particularly on point. It all starts at home. From who does make policy to what the perceived value of education is. When we get home straight then we can start looking at other reasons. But first the 800lb gorilla must be dealt with.
          Coming from a public school system in the 3rd worst state in the U.S. I have to say you're totally wrong.

          I have a relative who is now in administration where she's been part of the district so long she's seen the stupidest kids in the school when she taught them are the ones that end up teaching, because as a degree, it's easy to get, and it's a great government job with security, benefits, and built-in vacation.

          And to think that the teachers have no say in the policy is absurd. The teachers union is one of the largest and most influential in the country. If you don't think they interfere in government, again, you have no idea at all what you're talking about.

          I couldn't even tell you how much I've heard about federal grant money that could be used in schools FOR FREE but just flies by because a teacher can't be bothered to apply or do the paperwork.

          They are not at service to our children, they are at service of keeping them quiet and still so they can go home by 3pm.

          The terrible education system has gone on so long that the dummies it produces have been feed back into the system as its engineers. If you don't know this or believe this, you must be older than I am, or maybe not have kids in public school.

          If education lays at the parents feet what the hell do we have public schools for? The teachers are supposed to be smarter than the students, bare minimum. They should be smarter than most of the parents too, at least about their subject of tutelage.

          It does BEGIN at home, but I've had teachers in school who taught about how Philip of Macadamia ruled the ancient world - because the idiot teaching the class couldn't get out of there fast enough to go coach girl's volleyball.

          I've had geography teachers that can't be bothered to pronounce the names of countries from out of a book that HAS a pronunciation guide IN THE BOOK.

          Standardized tests exist because the problem with idiot teachers was getting so bad, they needed a way to make sure they could check on whether the kids were learning ANYTHING.

          The QUALITY of teachers has been drastically reduced, while the QUANTITY has gone way up, because it's easy to get trained for, and afore mentioned sweetass job perks.

          I don't want to derail the thread though - My mom was a teacher, I know some good teachers - ask em. They work with a bunch of idiots, who vote in idiot administrators to run the whole idiot show.

          Of course, 90% of the people out there are idiots, so it's a hard problem - they need to figure out how to adequately incentivize the smartest among us to take on the job of teaching the most people to be the smartest.

          But it's probably a moot point since culturally, we prize youth over experience and wisdom, speed over patience, gratification over gratitude. Our media is saturated with it and it saturates us.

          Because of that very media, we've destroyed the promise of democracy because now the mass of idiots will NEVER vote for the smart person who will make the uncomfortable sacrifices necessary for the greater good.

          Damn. I'm not being as optimistic as I thought. Maybe I need a beer or something.
          Signature

          Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
          Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265367].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
            Originally Posted by Colin Theriot View Post

            Coming from a public school system in the 3rd worst state in the U.S. I have to say you're totally wrong.

            I have a relative who is now in administration where she's been part of the district so long she's seen the stupidest kids in the school when she taught them are the ones that end up teaching, because as a degree, it's easy to get, and it's a great government job with security, benefits, and built-in vacation.

            And to think that the teachers have no say in the policy is absurd. The teachers union is one of the largest and most influential in the country. If you don't think they interfere in government, again, you have no idea at all what you're talking about.

            I couldn't even tell you how much I've heard about federal grant money that could be used in schools FOR FREE but just flies by because a teacher can't be bothered to apply or do the paperwork.

            They are not at service to our children, they are at service of keeping them quiet and still so they can go home by 3pm.

            The terrible education system has gone on so long that the dummies it produces have been feed back into the system as its engineers. If you don't know this or believe this, you must be older than I am, or maybe not have kids in public school.

            If education lays at the parents feet what the hell do we have public schools for? The teachers are supposed to be smarter than the students, bare minimum. They should be smarter than most of the parents too, at least about their subject of tutelage.

            It does BEGIN at home, but I've had teachers in school who taught about how Philip of Macadamia ruled the ancient world - because the idiot teaching the class couldn't get out of there fast enough to go coach girl's volleyball.

            I've had geography teachers that can't be bothered to pronounce the names of countries from out of a book that HAS a pronunciation guide IN THE BOOK.

            Standardized tests exist because the problem with idiot teachers was getting so bad, they needed a way to make sure they could check on whether the kids were learning ANYTHING.

            The QUALITY of teachers has been drastically reduced, while the QUANTITY has gone way up, because it's easy to get trained for, and afore mentioned sweetass job perks.

            I don't want to derail the thread though - My mom was a teacher, I know some good teachers - ask em. They work with a bunch of idiots, who vote in idiot administrators to run the whole idiot show.

            Of course, 90% of the people out there are idiots, so it's a hard problem - they need to figure out how to adequately incentivize the smartest among us to take on the job of teaching the most people to be the smartest.

            But it's probably a moot point since culturally, we prize youth over experience and wisdom, speed over patience, gratification over gratitude. Our media is saturated with it and it saturates us.

            Because of that very media, we've destroyed the promise of democracy because now the mass of idiots will NEVER vote for the smart person who will make the uncomfortable sacrifices necessary for the greater good.

            Damn. I'm not being as optimistic as I thought. Maybe I need a beer or something.

            Colin, my wife, a math teacher of 25 plus years, has fought against
            this horrible school system we have (and she'll be the first to admit it)
            for years.

            It isn't as easy as you think. There is a lot of bureaucracy that is as
            stubborn as it is stupid. And when she makes waves, she ends up by
            being "punished", banished to teach the worst classes and given the
            worst schedule.

            The school system today, at least in NJ, is interested in one thing and one
            thing only...getting the students to pass the HSPA or whatever other
            standardized test they have to pass in order to satisfy the state. That
            essentially means, teaching the test and everything else is immaterial.

            She has no choice but to follow this policy, though at this stage, with
            tenure, she can't be fired. But she can have her life made miserable. And
            it has been.

            The teachers are not to blame. It's the miserable system that they work
            for that is. And to think that this is easy to change shows that you know
            very little about the public school system...at least where I live.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265441].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
              Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

              Colin, my wife, a math teacher of 25 plus years, has fought against
              this horrible school system we have (and she'll be the first to admit it)
              for years.

              It isn't as easy as you think. There is a lot of bureaucracy that is as
              stubborn as it is stupid. And when she makes waves, she ends up by
              being "punished", banished to teach the worst classes and given the
              worst schedule.
              No, I agree - but if her administration is like the one in LA where I grew up, the offices are held be people who have played the game and worked up the system from inside. And I'm sure she's a rogue agent among most of her fellow teachers.

              I ain't saying there aren't good ones. I had one STELLAR teacher for every year I was in school past Jr High. The problem is, I had 7 to ten teachers each year, and the good one taught me the same subject EACH of those years. Not a very rounded education.

              I never said I had a solution or even that it was easy. I have NO solution to this problem other than to try and not raise no fool when I reproduce, and raise them to do the same. Hew to people like us, who know that they are an animal of flesh, but can ASPIRE to be more.

              Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

              The school system today, at least in NJ, is interested in one thing and one
              thing only...getting the students to pass the HSPA or whatever other
              standardized test they have to pass in order to satisfy the state. That
              essentially means, teaching the test and everything else is immaterial.

              She has no choice but to follow this policy, though at this stage, with
              tenure, she can't be fired. But she can have her life made miserable. And
              it has been.

              The teachers are not to blame. It's the miserable system that they work
              for that is. And to think that this is easy to change shows that you know
              very little about the public school system...at least where I live.
              Not ALL teachers are to blame, but the teachers comprise the administration and the unions, and to that degree, they ARE to blame. I never ever said it was easy to change. In fact, I lamented that it was unchangeable.
              Signature

              Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
              Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265521].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author WordWizardPlus
            In my limited experience with Warrior Forum, I've found that 3 of the 6 clients I worked with are dishonest. I'm a writer and the last client took my articles and never paid, or never even responded to my messages.

            I don't get it - if you're displeased or have an issue with my work, let ME know!! Refusing to pay for a job amounts to stealing and I've encountered about 3 thieves on WF. Not a very good sign!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2301816].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jacqueline Smith
      Colin; Were you one of Obamas speach writers? geez i feel like going out and Taking over the world after reading some of your posts ( Note to self: NEVER DEBATE WITH COLIN THERIOT)


      LOL.....I have had that exact thought MANY times!!!!! Colin, you are an amazing writer! Even if a thread is of no interest to me, I'll still read what you have to say about it!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2302349].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author stephie614
        Everyone exagerates a little. But, I feel that most of the people are honest and straight with what they are presenting. Percentage?? I would gues 85% honest - 10% exageration - 5% outright lies
        Signature

        Information on working from home - todays necessity for survival. Check out my web at

        http://www.bigdollarsworkingfromhome.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2390917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gjabiz
    Even if it were 99% of Warriors who fit the bill...it still isn't all that revelvant to IM success.

    Work hard for specific results...adjust. Now HARD work is subjective. Nothing to do with how many hours are put in.

    As a teaching golf professional I had a lot of hard working students who did not show improvement BECAUSE THEY repeated their mistakes...they practiced their WRONG way of doing it to perfection.

    Most Warriors are honest in my opinion.

    Most newbs come on with little to NO understanding of basic business knowledge and without any real world face to face sales skills. Having those makes the whole IM process much easier.

    Also, many Warriors over complicate the whole thing. I think this is one way the small minority of Cruds work, they complicate their offers and when a newb fails, it is because the newb couldn't follow directions...probably because it is just BS anyhow.

    I'll go 90% or higher.

    gjabiz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mohsin Rasool
    Majority is honest, hard working my friend....

    I read somewhere that there are very FEW bad people in this world..
    problem is they come and meet you again and again and it seems that
    they are everywhere which is not the case....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    - 75% honest
    - 20% hard-working
    - 20% focused

    Honest + hard-working: 15%

    Honest + hard-working + focused: 3%

    Remaining 97% likely to fail.

    Math seems sound on my end.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265309].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hanz
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      - 75% honest
      - 20% hard-working
      - 20% focused

      Honest + hard-working: 15%

      Honest + hard-working + focused: 3%

      Remaining 97% likely to fail.

      Math seems sound on my end.
      You and your darn percentages!!!! Seems accurate though.
      Signature
      All The Hottest eBooks, Graphics, Software, Videos, Audios, SEO Reports & Articles You Want with PLR ~ New Products Added Daily in Super Hot Niches! ~ Sign Up to PLR Assassin Today
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265394].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CianMcCarthy
    Banned
    War Room Members lie less me thinks :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265313].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDawson
    Banned
    Hard Working, I would say roughly 50%, most WF members are here to make money, and they pursue it like a business. As for honest, well, I won't go there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2265473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ForumFun10
    Hmm about 5% is my guess . people lie and lazy. in dna. LOL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2267928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    What if I asked what percentage of Warriors are NOT purposefully deceitful?

    Also, I don't really care if someone else is lazy, that's up to them.

    But, I still believe that the vast majority of people, in general, do their best to be honest, and are not out to take advantage of their fellow human beings. I believe that extends to the Warrior Forum as well.

    I still don't understand why people think so mnay people are out to rip them off, but I guess I will never understand. I assume the best in people (again, that doesn't rule out due diligence), they have my respect from the moment I meet them. It's up to them to lose it, not gain it.

    Great discussion so far.

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2268159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    I should dig an article I read back up - it was a rundown of honesty in marketers country by country -- and the US was on the top of all countries in the world for dishonest marketers.

    Being that this forum is predominantly American, does that mean that most of the Warriors are dishonest?

    I think it COULD run in that direction........but..........
    This forum was dominated from the beginning by an ethical core of marketers. As others come in and are found to be dishonest they have been driven out.

    As others come through the gates, there is one interest that brings them in - selling. There's a lot of different types coming in though:
    -The honest astute marketer that will eventually blend into the core of honest marketers.
    -The well meaning but ignorant hopeless: These are people that just don't have what it takes but believe that anyone can make it. Some work extremely hard, but just don't "get" it because they just don't have the brain power going for them. They are the ones who scream scam most often - it's more of a frustration cry than an actual accusation. Most of these people will give up after building products that are just not good enough to cut it -- they are not dishonest, just not sharp enough to compete. They are the ones you see in the main forum with questions about whether trademark jumping is "unethical". They aren't smart enough to go read up on trademarks because that is part of the knowledge you need as a business owner. They have no clue what knowledge is necessary to own a business and would never be one in the real world.
    -The honest, astute, but lazy. Some of them find ways to make money easily, some find they have to buckle down and do more than they want to. Whether they survive here or not is determined by how repulsive they find other things offline that they would have to do to earn.
    - The Ignorant and lazy -- they are here today, but don't last long.
    - The dishonest and stupid -- they get zapped pretty quickly.
    - The dishonest and lazy - could be dangerous but don't have enough zeal to do anything much.
    - The dishonest, smart, hard working - these are the dangerous guys who can get some of their crap past even the more experienced marketers. They last awhile, but eventually will be outed by the core of honest, astute marketers.

    So as far as the Warrior forum, because the core group is composed of solid, honest marketers, the main core of the forum will be composed of those who are at least honest, even if not always smart enough to make it work.
    The dishonest, hopelessly clueless, will be weeded out along the way, so there will always be a stream coming in, but they don't stay any too long for the most part because they just don't fit the core ethos.

    To conclude that argument - I'd have to say that we probably have higher density of a more steadily honest people than you will find in other locations where the core membership are bottom feeders. Those that don't fit will always drift in - and at some times appear in actual swarms, but they don't go far.
    Signature

    Sal
    New PLR - Disaster prep duo report pkg: The Art of the Graceful Bug out, and Preparing Pets for a Disaster. - PM me for report details.
    Quality PLR Ebooks and Reports:
    Mind/Language - Weight, - Pet/Dog - Disaster - 2011 Earthquake Report - Hair Care

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2268582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Francis
    3% hardworking 60% honest
    Signature

    Have a good PPC campaign with good ROI but don't have the capital to make use of it ? PM me.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2268611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
    Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

    Hi Warriors,

    In a recent thread, somebody asked "What percentage of people on here do you think are LYING?". Talk about a loaded question!

    I'm so fed up with people thinking 80%, 90%, 95% or 100% of the people here are being dishonest.

    For one thing, if I EVER thought I was somewhere where 80%+ of the people were lying...I WOULD RUN FOR THE DOOR.

    So, if so many people think we're crooks, then why do they stay here?

    Anyway, let's reverse the tables and ask...

    What percentage of Warriors do you think are honest, hard working people?

    All the best,
    Michael

    Well, I don't think anyone could actually pull an accurate number other than through speculation, statistics, etc. unless you actually know the people you are dealing with (to some extent).

    I could tell you I am "honest Abe" and I make $100,000 each and every month. But there's no way for you to KNOW whether I was lying unless you knew me.

    Case in point... right here on this forum I was taken for a large sum of money by someone who made many claims and wanted to be my mentor/coach.

    Not one for just handing over money, I did my "due diligence" and asked several people about him. They all said "Oh, yeah. He's a good dude" or whatever.

    I learned differently through experience.

    On the other hand, I have done a TON of business with other people I have met on this forum and they were exactly what they claimed to be.

    So MY answer, based SOLELY on my first hand experience, is about 95% are good, hard working AND honest people. The rest would just be speculative.

    Mike
    Signature

    Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2301981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
    Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

    <snip>

    What percentage of Warriors do you think are honest, hard working people?

    All the best,
    Michael

    Honestly, something feels like work, I don't do it. Anything that involves a "boss" I won't do. It's just the way I'm wired -- I plain do not enjoy authority having power over me, whether ethical or not. I guess to an outsider what I do might resemble work, considering the energy and creativity that goes into it. People put lots of energy into recreation and play -- doesn't mean its work. On might say, I've worked hard most of my life to avoid working.
    Signature

    Project HERE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2302200].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 16 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How Do Highly Successful People Stay Positive?

    Hi Gang, I just stumbled upon this great article and wanted to share! 6 Ways Highly Successful People Stay Positive So the question begs, how do YOU stay positive? What ... [read more]

  • 220 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    What is the main reason for the 95% failure rate in internet marketing?

    Here is my take on the matter: Look, a lot of people get into the internet marketing business only because of its huge money-making potential without having a love for ... [read more]

  • 19 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Free software that can record more that 10 minutes ?

    spartan14 in Internet Marketing

    Hy all i am more a youtube guy and i plan to make a course for my subscribers with some video series and i need to record videos longer that ... [read more]

  • 53 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How to get free content for my newly created blog?

    Hello Friends, Recently I have setup a blog. And just copied 50-60 articles from different sites. Now, I want to get quality content for my blog to increase organic traffic. ... [read more]

  • 56 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    " Great Post, Thanks " Arrrggghhhh

    discrat in Off Topic

    Sorry just felt compelled to write this as I was scouring the Main Forum here today. I see some members ( mostly new but a few old) who felt the ... [read more]