Actual conversation between Irish and british off the coast of Kerry 1998

Profile picture of the author TimPhelan by
I think Thomas may enjoy this one:

#off topic

  • Profile picture of the author MoneyMagnetMagnate
    That's funny -
    But I wonder, why the Irishman didn't just tell him "we're a lighthouse ya bleeding moron!", when he objected the first time...

    Unless of course, they wanted the RN to look like complete bozos...which is completely likely...
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    WHAT ****IDIOT**** would say such a threatening thing as the last thing that british captain said. I mean if the irish guy said "WHAT countermeasures?", the british guy would have to say a non-sequitor, or effectively declare an act of WAR!

    Still, with ALL those people, you would figure that they would know they are too close, etc... ALSO, the 15 degrees should increase. I mean as they move forward, they would have to turn more.

    And what WOULD happen if a british ship hit a light house? It would be a national disgrace, the captain would probably be severely punished, the british government would have to issue apologies, condolences, and reparations, etc....

    Steve
  • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
    Interesting because this is a very old joke. About 80 years old in fact.

    However the original joke is all about a US Naval ship and a Canadian Lighthouse.

    Lighthouse and naval vessel urban legend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Dan
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    True or not -- it's hilarious, no matter who ya are.

    I had an Irish co-worker at a hotel that served many foreign visitors. Her biggest thrill when she detected an English accent was to tell the person "top of the morning to ya". I still don't get it - but judging from the reactions, they sure did. LMAO.
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Originally Posted by jimbo13 View Post

    Interesting because this is a very old joke. About 80 years old in fact.

    However the original joke is all about a US Naval ship and a Canadian Lighthouse.

    Lighthouse and naval vessel urban legend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Dan
    Now THAT makes sense! The idea that it might have been an analogy to state how inflexibility can cause problems and became a supposedly real event makes sense ALSO! Such a threat ALONE could be cause for the government to take action against the ship. For the US, it is technically not legal or allowed until the president and congress say so. I imagine that britain or canada would require parliament, the queen, and possibly the prime minister.

    Supposedly, there was a preacher that made this VERY true and reasonable speech, and it supposedly was later attributed to lincoln. EITHER side could have said it first.

    Oh well, I guess such things will continue till the end of the human race.

    Steve
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

    True or not -- it's hilarious, no matter who ya are.

    I had an Irish co-worker at a hotel that served many foreign visitors. Her biggest thrill when she detected an English accent was to tell the person "top of the morning to ya". I still don't get it - but judging from the reactions, they sure did. LMAO.
    Apparently, according to "urban dictionary" it is a "retarded saying" created by americans. WHO KNOWS? I have heard some sayings, thought them to not be proper, and found cases where they were. EVEN in the US! Anyway, at least SOME irish believe it to be TOTALLY false, and see it as RETARDED and will happily laugh at anyone that says it!

    Steve
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas
    Originally Posted by TimPhelan View Post

    I think Thomas may enjoy this one:
    Seen it. There are a number of different versions, including this, which features the US Navy instead:


    Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

    ... at least SOME irish... will happily laugh at anyone that says it!
    Not "some", Steve... all.

    100%.
  • Profile picture of the author MoneyMagnetMagnate
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HeySal
    True or not -- it's hilarious, no matter who ya are.

    I had an Irish co-worker at a hotel that served many foreign visitors. Her biggest thrill when she detected an English accent was to tell the person "top of the morning to ya". I still don't get it - but judging from the reactions, they sure did. LMAO.
    Apparently, according to "urban dictionary" it is a "retarded saying" created by americans. WHO KNOWS? I have heard some sayings, thought them to not be proper, and found cases where they were. EVEN in the US! Anyway, at least SOME irish believe it to be TOTALLY false, and see it as RETARDED and will happily laugh at anyone that says it!

    Steve
    Originally Posted by seasoned
    ... at least SOME irish... will happily laugh at anyone that says it!

    Not "some", Steve... all. 100%.
    C'mon Thomas...
    Next, you're going to try to tell me those Leprechauns you're hunting never say,
    "They're always after me Lucky Charms!" :rolleyes:
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Originally Posted by MoneyMagnetMagnate View Post

    Originally Posted by seasoned


    C'mon Thomas...
    Next, you're going to try to tell me those Leprechauns you're hunting never say,
    "They're always after me Lucky Charms!" :rolleyes:
    Some Irish believe in luck, and charms, and say me, so I could see a leprechaun saying that. Not to say they are real.

    Steve
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

    Seen it. There are a number of different versions, including this, which features the US Navy instead:

    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.



    Not "some", Steve... all.

    100%.
    I love it! A video with irish and american, and danish subtitles! You KNOW this gets press!

    Steve
  • Profile picture of the author MoneyMagnetMagnate
    Whatta ya mean, Leprechauns aren't real...you better not let the Banshees hear you say that!
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Originally Posted by MoneyMagnetMagnate View Post

    Whatta ya mean, Leprechauns aren't real...you better not let the Banshees hear you say that!
    OH Perish the thought! I won't say they arent real! YOU guys have THAT, the british have gremlins! The Danes have nisse!

    Christmas in Denmark - Denmark Christmas Traditions

    I just didn't want to start any arguments!

    Steve

Next Topics on Trending Feed