Why They Really Put Fluoride In Tap Water.

Profile picture of the author bravo75 by bravo75 Posted: 09/12/2013
Because studies indicated that people exposed to water with high levels of naturally occurring fluoride suffered less problems with tooth decay than users of water without fluoride.

Fluoride often appears naturally in water. Ground/Well Water in mountainous regions can often have 50X the fluoride content of urban water systems that are artificially fluoridated.

The idea that it is placed in water to pacify and subjugate the masses is a satirical comment that originated in Dr. Strangelove.

The only real argument that can be made is that it is a practice initiated for common good that violates individual rights. In other words, it is providing medicine against your will.

  • Profile picture of the author Brandon Tanner
    Brandon Tanner
    Embalming fluid might prevent tooth decay too, but that doesn't mean I want to drink it!

    Fluoride is one of the most toxic substances on the planet. Why anyone ever thought it would be a good idea to add it to drinking water or put it in toothpaste is beyond me. The risks that you take by consuming it far outweigh the "supposed" benefits, IMO.

    You're Still Told Fluoridation Prevents Tooth Decay, but Science Proves Otherwise

    10 Fluoride Facts You Should Know
  • Profile picture of the author alistair
    alistair
    I never really delved into the reasons why people talk about flouride in water being bad and stuff, mainly because I didn't really care. I just realised I still don't.
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    HeySal
    Originally Posted by bravo75 View Post

    Because studies indicated that people exposed to water with high levels of naturally occurring fluoride suffered less problems with tooth decay than users of water without fluoride.

    Fluoride often appears naturally in water. Ground/Well Water in mountainous regions can often have 50X the fluoride content of urban water systems that are artificially fluoridated.

    The idea that it is placed in water to pacify and subjugate the masses is a satirical comment that originated in Dr. Strangelove.

    The only real argument that can be made is that it is a practice initiated for common good that violates individual rights. In other words, it is providing medicine against your will.

    Chew on that conspiracy tards.
    Chew on this one. The fluoride in the water is NOT natural (magnesium) fluoride. It is sodium fluoride and it is toxic at any and all levels. It is NOT natural - the by product of industry. It's industrial waste and if you look at the yearly water quality report you will find that it is listed as "fluride: source: industrial waste".

    Studies show that there has never been any evidence that sodium fluoride does one thing whatsoever to protect teeth - actually it causes fluorosis, a condition that makes teeth mottled in color and pourous.......and other bones as well. Natural fluoride, will help a bit but not the crap they're dumping.

    If you are really this misled about fluoride - here's a link that will straighten out the misconceptions you have from reading the disinformation propagated by industries that produce this crap and can't get permits to dump it anywhere else because it's too damned highly poisonous:

    And don't tell me this is not a credible source when there are over 2000 doctors, dentists, and agencies supporting it - and that number is continually growing.

    I'll skip the intro's and take you right to their research database:

    Fluoride Action Network | Researchers

    I'd tell ya "so chew on that one" but if you're drinking that crap in your water, you really need to be careful your teeth don't crumble.
  • Profile picture of the author ThomM
    ThomM
    Originally Posted by bravo75 View Post

    Because studies indicated that people exposed to water with high levels of naturally occurring fluoride suffered less problems with tooth decay than users of water without fluoride.

    Fluoride often appears naturally in water. Ground/Well Water in mountainous regions can often have 50X the fluoride content of urban water systems that are artificially fluoridated.

    The idea that it is placed in water to pacify and subjugate the masses is a satirical comment that originated in Dr. Strangelove.

    The only real argument that can be made is that it is a practice initiated for common good that violates individual rights. In other words, it is providing medicine against your will.

    Chew on that conspiracy tards.
    You do understand that natural fluoride is different from the fluoride that is put in our drinking water, right?
    About 90 percent of the fluoride added to public water supplies comes from silicofluorides, chemicals produced mainly as byproducts from the manufacture of phosphate fertilizers. This is the same fluoride that our EPA has determined is to toxic to be dumped in the ocean.
    Chew on that fluoride tard.
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    HeySal
    Originally Posted by ThomM View Post

    You do understand that natural fluoride is different from the fluoride that is put in our drinking water, right?
    About 90 percent of the fluoride added to public water supplies comes from silicofluorides, chemicals produced mainly as byproducts from the manufacture of phosphate fertilizers. This is the same fluoride that our EPA has determined is to toxic to be dumped in the ocean.
    Chew on that fluoride tard.
    You're nicer than I am.

    Fluoride in water: Source: Industrial waste: soduim/silica
    Natural fluoride: Source: earth mineral, Mother's milk: magnesium/calcium
    See any difference there anyone?
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Claude Whitacre
    Yeah...So take that!
  • Profile picture of the author LarryC
    LarryC
    Do you really think they just made that up for the movie? No, they were attempting to satirize an already existing "conspiracy theory." Now even mainstream health experts are gradually admitting that fluoride can be dangerous.

    Check out what Livestrong.com, which is hardly an alarmist conspiracy site, says about fluoride:

    Side Effects Of Fluoride | LIVESTRONG.COM
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    HeySal
    Originally Posted by LarryC View Post

    Do you really think they just made that up for the movie? No, they were attempting to satirize an already existing "conspiracy theory." Now even mainstream health experts are gradually admitting that fluoride can be dangerous.

    Check out what Livestrong.com, which is hardly an alarmist conspiracy site, says about fluoride:

    Side Effects Of Fluoride | LIVESTRONG.COM
    Used to write for the company that hires those writers. I don't consider them an authority site. I think you might want to check Fluoride Action Network | Broadening Public Awareness on Fluoride. It is, at the moment, the global authority on fluoride.
  • Profile picture of the author LarryC
    LarryC
    Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

    Used to write for the company that hires those writers. I don't consider them an authority site. I think you might want to check Fluoride Action Network | Broadening Public Awareness on Fluoride. It is, at the moment, the global authority on fluoride.
    I'm sure Livestrong.com is far from the most reliable site. I only used that link because it's a very popular and mainstream source of articles on health topics.

    The site you linked to certainly contains better and more comprehensive information. Unfortunately, many people will say "that's an anti-fluoride site so they can't be trusted." The same with sites such as Natural News and Mercola.com which also have lots of good information about fluoride.
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    HeySal
    Originally Posted by LarryC View Post

    I'm sure Livestrong.com is far from the most reliable site. I only used that link because it's a very popular and mainstream source of articles on health topics.

    The site you linked to certainly contains better and more comprehensive information. Unfortunately, many people will say "that's an anti-fluoride site so they can't be trusted." The same with sites such as Natural News and Mercola.com which also have lots of good information about fluoride.
    Well, with the line up of physicians and health organizations and agencies that are supporting it, and the credentials of the researchers - denial would make them....um........stupid.
  • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
    MikeTucker
    I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist here, and I know that some people
    still think that is what this is, but in this case it really is just science and
    corruption.

    Fluoride is in the water because Alcoa has politicians in their pocket, which
    is cheaper than finding a better way to get rid of their waste.

    Also, it is not only Fluoride. But yeah, it has nothing to do with mind control
    over the masses or any other such nonsense. It's just about cutting costs
    and increasing profits.
  • Profile picture of the author DJL
    DJL
    We ought to be clear about one thing: there is no such thing as "Fluoride" per se.
    From the point of view of a chemist, Fluoride is only part of the name of many chemical compounds. The other elements in each compound make a significant difference to its chemical properties.
    For example, common table salt comprises two elements (Sodium and Chlorine) that, in their separate, natural state, are highly toxic or corrosive. Combined in a stable compound, Sodium Chloride, we consume it daily with no ill effect (aside from the usual caveat to use all things in moderation).
    Remember: ignorance can be cured; stupidity is usually a permanent condition.
  • Profile picture of the author SandraLarkin
    SandraLarkin
    The myth of "they put Fluoride in the water so your teeth are healthy" is the most ludicrous theory of all.

    sodium Fluoride DESTROYS teeth, not helps them. They are putting a highly toxic chemical, a POISON in the water. There is no conspiracy in that, it is fact.

    This is why there are so many campaigns to get rid of it. It is absolutely INSANE to dose water with fluoride. It is actually evil.

    Also, no one has right to choose to put a chemical in drinking water to protect teeth in the first place. It is absolutely insane.
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    tagiscom
    Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

    I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist here, and I know that some people
    still think that is what this is, but in this case it really is just science and
    corruption.

    Fluoride is in the water because Alcoa has politicians in their pocket, which
    is cheaper than finding a better way to get rid of their waste.

    Also, it is not only Fluoride. But yeah, it has nothing to do with mind control
    over the masses or any other such nonsense. It's just about cutting costs
    and increasing profits
    .
    So why did the Nazis use it on the Jews in concentration camps????

    Protect their teeth, or subdue them so they wouldn't put up a fight???


    Shane


    I doubt that it was because they were producing fertilizer for the war effort and needed a way to get rid of it?
  • Profile picture of the author joseph7384
    joseph7384
    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    Yeah...So take that!

    Claude, when I read this I envisioned two of your fingers coming out from my monitor, poking my eyes with you in the background saying take that you barnacle.
  • Profile picture of the author SteveJohnson
    SteveJohnson
    I wish I had the self-control to start a controversial thread and then stay the hell away
  • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
    whateverpedia
    Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

    So why did the Nazis use it on the Jews in concentration camps????
    I'd never heard that one before. As you didn't include a link, I decided to learn more.

    The first site I came across was this one:

    PolitiFact Florida | Truth about fluoride doesn't include Nazi myth.

    It has been given a "Pants On Fire" rating.

    The article doesn't debunk the flouride "conspiracy", however it does dispel the "Nazis did it" myth.

    If the anti-flouride group(s) hope to convince the rest of us as to why flouridation should be banned, they've got to do better than making sh!t up.

    I hereby invoke Godwin's Law, and no further reference to "a German political party in the 1930's" will be allowed in this discussion.

    Now, back to the facts, from both sides of the argument.
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Claude Whitacre
    Originally Posted by DJL View Post

    We ought to be clear about one thing: there is no such thing as "Fluoride" per se.
    From the point of view of a chemist, Fluoride is only part of the name of many chemical compounds. The other elements in each compound make a significant difference to its chemical properties.
    For example, common table salt comprises two elements (Sodium and Chlorine) that, in their separate, natural state, are highly toxic or corrosive. Combined in a stable compound, Sodium Chloride, we consume it daily with no ill effect (aside from the usual caveat to use all things in moderation).
    Remember: ignorance can be cured; stupidity is usually a permanent condition.
    Very intelligent post. 10 points.

    But....you said "per se". So now I'm going to have to hunt you down and give you a sissy slap. The word "per se" is forbidden here. I don't make up the rules, I just enforce them. :rolleyes:

    Oh yeah, and the next person that says the word "legit" is going to get a sissy slap too. I'm starting a fund to pay for all my plane tickets. It's going to be a busy year.

    Originally Posted by SteveJohnson View Post

    I wish I had the self-control to start a controversial thread and then stay the hell away
    Yeah, Bravo75 is now looking down on us saying "Dance puppets, Dance! Muuuhuuuhhaaahaa!"
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
    Dan Riffle
    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    Oh yeah, and the next person that says the word "legit" is going to get a sissy slap too. I'm starting a fund to pay for all my plane tickets. It's going to be a busy year.

  • Profile picture of the author ronrule
    ronrule
    I upgraded my home water filtration system to filter out as much as possible, I don't like the idea of drinking it. For starters it's not the governments job to decide how I should take care of my teeth, and even if it was, the benefit of the second or so a sip of water will pass by my teeth doesn't outweigh the effects of long term exposure ingesting toxic chemicals. When you go to the dentist and they have you rinse with fluoride, there is a REASON you spit it out instead of just swallowing it. It has no business being added to the drinking water.

Next Topics on Trending Feed