No MLM Thank You!

by 201 replies
Hello, I've been around a bit looking for ways to make money online and I've been sucked into the MLM business which you join and then you have to get others to join by telling them how much money you make.

After looking at that its not for me. So what can I do to make money?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

What I did like about the make money online MLM programs is you get a proven sales funnel, I.E. Capture pages, Auto Responder emails.

I'm not saying MLM is bad I just don't like the MLM programs that talk about making money online. I would rather be involved in a MLM program that actually has a product a very good product that helps people or takes pain away from people.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thank you

Mr Nice
#offline marketing #mlm
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author myob
    Originally Posted by Mr Nice View Post

    I would rather be involved in a MLM program that actually has a product a very good product that helps people or takes pain away from people.

    I'm open to any suggestions.

    Thank you

    Mr Nice
    There at least a hundred or so MLM companies with superb products that have been around for decades.

    These companies often have some of the best training programs available anywhere, and most of it can be obtained for free from your upline.
    • Profile picture of the author kecioilz
      Originally Posted by myob View Post

      There at least a hundred or so MLM companies with superb products that have been around for decades.

      These companies often have some of the best training programs available anywhere, and most of it can be obtained for free from your upline.
      lrt mr jabe frtails
  • Profile picture of the author Mingle World
    Banned
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    I tried mlm many moons ago and it was pants... in fact I tried a few of the best ones and they were pants...

    Selling crap to your mates is not a business model....
    • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
      Originally Posted by Danny Cutts View Post

      I tried mlm many moons ago and it was pants... in fact I tried a few of the best ones and they were pants...

      Selling crap to your mates is not a business model....
      Selling crap to your mates isn't how legitimate MLM operates.
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Danny Cutts View Post

      I tried mlm many moons ago and it was pants... in fact I tried a few of the best ones and they were pants...

      Selling crap to your mates is not a business model....
      What do you mean "pants" ?
      Never heard this expression before.

      Anyway, MLM tried it , been there. Some people have gotten it to work but most of them are based on very questionable Products that are waaaay overpriced. And centered around the money making opportunity solely


      - Robert Andrew
  • Profile picture of the author Randy McLean
    I know what you mean. It looks good on paper right?

    Get 3 to join, who get another 3 to join etc. But it just doesn't work like that.

    Just because you can make it work doesn't mean most others can. This leads to high attrition rates.

    I am not saying it can't work. There are some who do well with this business model. You have to be extroverted and also very patient.

    This is about sifting and sorting until you get the right people on your team. That is why MLM companies focus so much on personal development training. It is to motivate you to stay and not quit.

    They do give you capture pages but the problem is everyone else is using them too. I used to use traffic exchanges and I can't tell you how many times I have seen the same generic company pages.

    When someone actually creates their own page it will make me stop for a moment and think about what I am seeing.

    A better route is to sell products as an affiliate. You can even stay in the IM niche if you like.

    That way you are not so dependent on other people. What someone does with a product after they buy it is up to them. If they find it is not for them they can request a refund with no headaches on your end.

    There are products out there that promise to automate the process of list building as an affiliate. CB Passive Income is an example.

    And there are also great training sites like Affilorama that will help you with affiliate marketing.

    This route is much better in my opinion.
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by Randy McLean View Post

      I know what you mean. It looks good on paper right?

      Get 3 to join, who get another 3 to join etc. But it just doesn't work like that.

      Just because you can make it work doesn't mean most others can. This leads to high attrition rates.

      I am not saying it can't work. There are some who do well with this business model. You have to be extroverted and also very patient.

      This is about sifting and sorting until you get the right people on your team. That is why MLM companies focus so much on personal development training. It is to motivate you to stay and not quit.
      There are indeed some essential skill sets required to succeed in MLM (as with any business beyond a one individual model) such as leadership, organization, marketing, sales, etc.

      With less than 10% of the population possessing these critical skill sets the failure rate is of course exorbitantly high. The most successful network marketers train their downline to succeed.

      There is no affiliate training program as far as I know available at any price comparable to what can be obtained for free by multi-millionaires in many of the time-proven MLM companies. Those who fail in MLM are also likely to fail in any business.
  • Profile picture of the author tanktrouble
    Banned
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author matteomatt
    Ive always shyed away from MLM programs but I tried to sell vacuums in a pyramid scheme once. I believe if you have a high internet traffic you could easily bank with MLMs, but I would say try to find one that has an actual product. It at least is better than the ones with just courses and bullshit products.

    Do heavy research about it if you decide to, because typing in "XXX MLM scam?" usually ends up with a bunch of clever advertisements. Good marketing tactic though.
    ""
    • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
      Originally Posted by matteomatt View Post

      I believe if you have a high internet traffic you could easily bank with MLMs,
      ""
      If you have high internet traffic you would not waste your time with MLMs
  • Profile picture of the author Thotsa Khumwa
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    Originally Posted by Mr Nice View Post

    No MLM Thank You!
    I had same notion too like you after trying several kind of mlm and made nothing of them.

    There are certain level you reach that mlm will be good for you.

    1. If you are your own boss and control your time.

    2. If you meet lots of people everyday.

    On this ground, I pick a viable mlm that is workable and setup training session and offer help to each other because that's the spirit of succeeding in mlm. I don't just go for any one.

    I don't know which country you reside but you can look out for a peer to peer donation kind of business model and get some capital from it. Only start with capital you can afford to lose.. this alone now account for over $1k of my monthly income and it takes only 30mins of my time in 30 days.

    There are plenty of things you can do when the income starts coming in.
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    Selling MLM or Affiliate products takes the same work and commitment. One is NOT easier than the other. Traditional MLM sucks.

    I sell 'Digital' Products online using a very powerful platform.

    And the best part about all of this is...

    I have people coming to me instead of the other way around.
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post


      I have people coming to me instead of the other way around.
      I think you hit it on the head.

      Good marketers, have people coming to them, not the other way around.

      Initially there is work to do, and things to say the right way, but done right can make you consistant sales every day. :-)
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post

      Selling MLM or Affiliate products takes the same work and commitment. One is NOT easier than the other. Traditional MLM sucks.
      Actually, the leading causes of failure in MLM are seldom in the system. It is very different from affiliate marketing and requires much more work initially as well as a higher commitment level. The traditional view is it sucks because most people have work habits that suck.
  • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
    MLM is... bar none... the most powerful business model
    in existence for creating leveraged wealth and residual income.

    The key, as others have said, is to find a company with legitimate
    products that people will buy even if they are not part of the money
    making plan. That's essential in the USA these days because
    regulators are cracking down on the money games. If you don't have
    real customers you don't have a real business.

    I'd be happy to chat with you if you'd like advice or direction. I've been
    successful in this business for a long time... I know the pitfalls and the
    positives. I'm always happy to share with anyone interested in this great
    profession regardless of whether they have an interest in my company.

    Tsnyder
    • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
      Originally Posted by Tsnyder View Post

      MLM is... bar none... the most powerful business model
      in existence for creating leveraged wealth and residual income.

      The key, as others have said, is to find a company with legitimate
      products that people will buy even if they are not part of the money
      making plan. That's essential in the USA these days because
      regulators are cracking down on the money games. If you don't have
      real customers you don't have a real business.

      I'd be happy to chat with you if you'd like advice or direction. I've been
      successful in this business for a long time... I know the pitfalls and the
      positives. I'm always happy to share with anyone interested in this great
      profession regardless of whether they have an interest in my company.

      Tsnyder
      A lot of people have been burned by scams claiming to be an MLM business. In reality they are pyramid scams that sell 0 products or services just a monthly membership fee. True MLM businesses have premium products and services that offer enrichment and quality/value to their customers life. There are many excellent examples of true MLM companies if you search for Legacy MLM companies. The training programs are the best in companies that have been around for 15+ years. MLM is great if you are willing to put in the work just like anything in life you get what you put in. There is no other business like MLM that allows you to have your own company for less than $100 start up cost. The best way to find a true MLM company is to find a product or service of premium quality/value that you are excited to use yourself and promote. Recruitment is not the primary goal of a true MLM, selling is the #1 goal.
    • Profile picture of the author CpvGuru
      [DELETED]
    • Profile picture of the author Thomas Michael
      yes exactly! I have done a lot of research, reading and found your statement come out of the mouths from everyone from trump to robins. I have given up everything and have been teaching myself everything from building a site to, well i don't even know anymore. feels like i get lost in learning too many things at once, (which is common i hear for beginners) there is just so much to learn, i will not stop untill success. This is my passion and goal. It has taken me 36yrs to understand what is needed to succeed in reaching a goal, but here I am with 3 domains to serve 3 different streams of income (purpose) and my first mlm company that meets all the guidelines needed and discussed. I am only concentrating on the network marketing mlm right now. I have already been smart enough to make my own capture page and all that. im trying new things and was taking you up on your offer of guidence. Thank you for your time..Thomas
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Originally Posted by Mr Nice View Post

    Hello, I've been around a bit looking for ways to make money online and I've been sucked into the MLM business which you join and then you have to get others to join by telling them how much money you make.

    After looking at that its not for me. So what can I do to make money?

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    What I did like about the make money online MLM programs is you get a proven sales funnel, I.E. Capture pages, Auto Responder emails.

    I'm not saying MLM is bad I just don't like the MLM programs that talk about making money online. I would rather be involved in a MLM program that actually has a product a very good product that helps people or takes pain away from people.

    I'm open to any suggestions.

    Thank you

    Mr Nice
    Good to see the Kool-Aide did not fit with you , I would look around the forum and the sub forums find something that appeals to you and search more on here and Google

    MLM is mostly for the ones who start them they make the money , there are much better ways to make money on line

    Don't rush into the next great fad do some research and talk to other who have done what you have been looking at BUT stay away from MLM waste of time.

    Good Luck

    Jason
    • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
      Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

      Good to see the Kool-Aide did not fit with you , I would look around the forum and the sub forums find something that appeals to you and search more on here and Google

      MLM is mostly for the ones who start them they make the money , there are much better ways to make money on line

      Don't rush into the next great fad do some research and talk to other who have done what you have been looking at BUT stay away from MLM waste of time.

      Good Luck

      Jason
      You're certainly entitled to your opinion but not a single thing you posted is fact.
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    So, you've seen good funnels, you understand why you need one, so what's the problem?

    You now know what to do. You now need to find a crowd hungry for something, find that something they're hungry for and sell it to them.

    Take a look at this, to get a better idea about how it's done:
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...idea-make.html
  • Profile picture of the author Hasan Joe
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author CpvGuru
    Hi I actually work with a few MLMs that has great products and very low cost to start.

    What type of products are you looking for? I can point you to one as there are many. Direct sales is the future, but not everyone wants to run a business doing it.
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      The MLM industry is booming, with record sales in just about any major network marketing company.

      The company I've been involved with for over 20 years has been growing explosively.

      There is a place for affiliate marketing, but for real growth and continuity, the training available in the MLM industry for those with limited business experience is second to none.

      There is nowhere else that a truly motivated newbie can be trained literally by groups of mult-millionaires who have a direct vested interest in their success.
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    I am sorry... but I have never met anyone that has made any real money in MLM and the ones that say they do have been full of BS....

    Someone show me some real evidence and I will change my mind...
    • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
      Originally Posted by Danny Cutts View Post

      I am sorry... but I have never met anyone that has made any real money in MLM and the ones that say they do have been full of BS....

      Someone show me some real evidence and I will change my mind...
      I know hundreds of people who have earned millions in this profession.

      I can direct you to a couple websites where you can listen to hours
      and hours of interviews with those who have done it and are willing to
      explain in detail exactly how they did.... and you won't find a second of
      hype in any of them.

      I doubt you're seriously interested... and I'm not in the business of convincing
      anyone or trying to change anyone's mind... but let me know if you'd like the links

      This profession hasn't lasted since 1946 with no one earning any money. That's kinda silly.
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      You obviously really don't get around much. There's over 1,400 MLM companies in the US, and about 10,000 worldwide with $200+ billion in combined sales.

      Of course do your own due diligence in research to find one, and join under someone who is already living the lifestyle you want. They are out there, but most people just don't have the desire to do what they do.
    • Profile picture of the author CpvGuru
      Originally Posted by Danny Cutts View Post

      I am sorry... but I have never met anyone that has made any real money in MLM and the ones that say they do have been full of BS....

      Someone show me some real evidence and I will change my mind...
      I have watched my mentor go from making $12K per month to $80K per month in 18 months in an MLM.
  • Profile picture of the author 4DayWeekend
    As you've been taught how to drive traffic into lead capture pages and sales funnels, why not just use those skills to capture your own leads that you can market to however you please?

    That way you can promote products that you personally believe in.

    I'm not experienced with MLM but if you're teaching people the way to make money is by selling the same program you've sold them, and they have to teach the same to people they've sold it to, who have to teach the same to people again - then regardless of hollywood standard video productions, groovy animations and fancy graphics - there actually isn't a core product and eventually there's going to be nobody left to funnel in.

    Of course, I'm not saying all MLM products are like that, because I've never touched MLM. But i'd certainly advise against working with any that are.
    • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
      Originally Posted by 4DayWeekend View Post

      As you've been taught how to drive traffic into lead capture pages and sales funnels, why not just use those skills to capture your own leads that you can market to however you please?

      That way you can promote products that you personally believe in.

      I'm not experienced with MLM but if you're teaching people the way to make money is by selling the same program you've sold them, and they have to teach the same to people they've sold it to, who have to teach the same to people again - then regardless of hollywood standard video productions, groovy animations and fancy graphics - there actually isn't a core product and eventually there's going to be nobody left to funnel in.

      Of course, I'm not saying all MLM products are like that, because I've never touched MLM. But i'd certainly advise against working with any that are.
      What you've described is an illegal pyramid scheme. MLM doesn't operate that way.
  • Profile picture of the author amuro
    [I]
    Originally Posted by Mr Nice View Post

    Hello, I've been around a bit looking for ways to make money online and I've been sucked into the MLM business which you join and then you have to get others to join by telling them how much money you make.

    After looking at that its not for me. So what can I do to make money?

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    What I did like about the make money online MLM programs is you get a proven sales funnel, I.E. Capture pages, Auto Responder emails.

    I'm not saying MLM is bad I just don't like the MLM programs that talk about making money online. I would rather be involved in a MLM program that actually has a product a very good product that helps people or takes pain away from people.

    I'm open to any suggestions.

    Thank you

    Mr Nice
    I have the same experience as you exactly 10 years ago.

    Those marketers tried to confuse me MLM with internet marketing. But actually their concept is present their website or presentation files with the link to sign me up on the spot.

    This is THEIR way of internet marketing.

    The real way of internet marketing - having learn from REAL experts in seminar previews and workshops - is

    1. Have Your Own Blog And Landing Page

    Not the company you represent but your very own in your own brand and logo.

    Think Tony Robbins, Eben Pagan and Brian Tracy just to name a few.

    Your blog is to allow people to know who you are and why they should even trust let alone learn from you.

    While your landing page is to get their names and emails to be on your list.

    2. Have Your Own Email List

    In offline world especially companies, they called this leads or prospects and customers database.

    In online world, internet marketers defined this as email or subscribers list.

    The purpose of having your own email list - though i learnt this the hard way after knowing it just by theory years ago - is so that you can market different products to them.

    However those products need to be of value to them in that they can help them solve their problems or fulfil their desires.

    3. Connect And Build Relationships With Your List Regularly

    This is another critical factor.

    You don't want to email them promotions after promotions all the time without giving substantial content.

    That is why having a blog is just as important as your landing page.

    So that you can email them your thoughts and experiences with a link to your blog posts so that they will see you as a real person and friend rather than just another marketer trying to make money off them with little or no regards as to what they can benefit from buying from you.

    4. Continue To Build Your Email List

    However strong your list may be whether it is 200, 500 or 1000 and beyond, there will always be people unsubscribing from you.

    As much as I hated to say this, this is part and parcel of running an online business which is the same as offline.

    After a while, people will get tired of reading from you and unsubscribe.

    So you need to continue to build your email list.

    As in driving traffic to your landing page and then your blog.

    5. Have Your Own FB Account, Fanpage And Group

    These are also essential.

    Most successful marketers have their own FB accounts, fanpage and groups for them to connect and interact with other like-minded people

    6. Create Your Own Youtube Channel And Videos

    This is by far the most powerful traffic method.

    That is if you are comfortable with being in front of camera, doing powerpoint presentations or both.

    7. Offline Networking

    You can also go to live events in your local area be it seminar previews or workshops or even mastermind sessions.

    There is one website I know that specializes in these.

    It is called Meetup.

    Hope these helps and answers your questions

  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    awwwww MLM

    did you guys know you cant advertise MLM systems on Facebook ads?


    fun fact, I was perusing FBads TOS to see what kinda of images I was allowed to post in my ad (for a dating niche camp.) and i learned MLM is not allowed..

    It's grouped in there with paypday loans, porn and misleading student loan opportunities

    - Ike Paz
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

      awwwww MLM

      did you guys know you cant advertise MLM systems on Facebook ads?
      Pants.

      The Facebook TOS specifies "unlawful" MLM systems cannot be advertised. Facebook is actually a highly robust and effective platform for legitimate MLM professionals. Even more effective than advertising, however is to use Facebook.Groups.
    • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
      Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

      awwwww MLM

      did you guys know you cant advertise MLM systems on Facebook ads?


      fun fact, I was perusing FBads TOS to see what kinda of images I was allowed to post in my ad (for a dating niche camp.) and i learned MLM is not allowed..

      It's grouped in there with paypday loans, porn and misleading student loan opportunities

      - Ike Paz
      That is why the whole lot of MLM companies are list as Pyramid schemes
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    rule one of starting a business... dont build a business on the back of someone elses business...
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by Danny Cutts View Post

      rule one of starting a business... dont build a business on the back of someone elses business...
      LOL! Whose rule is that? Your nonsense is non-stop. That would eliminate all affiliate programs, franchises, direct sales; essentially more than 70% of all commerce.
  • Profile picture of the author flamewave
    This got heated real quick. The simple truth of any offer is if it seems to good to be true, it usually is.

Next Topics on Trending Feed