Discount Coupons for a Wedding Supplier

by Lee Wright 8 replies
Hi People,

I run an audio equipment hire business that does a lot of weddings. I'm thinking of putting together an A4 glossy flyer with 10 x discount coupons from local wedding suppliers. For example it might have a florist, a celebrant, a hair stylist etc. The idea is that each of the 10 suppliers gets a supply of these flyers & gives them to their clients. I would also do a digital version that could be used as a lead magnet in an email/facebook campaign.

Is this a good idea or are coupons not classy enough for the wedding market?

Love to hear thoughts on this.

Thanks. Lee.
#offline marketing #coupons #discount #supplier #wedding
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Lafuddy
    Originally Posted by Lee Wright View Post

    Hi People,

    I run an audio equipment hire business that does a lot of weddings. I'm thinking of putting together an A4 glossy flyer with 10 x discount coupons from local wedding suppliers. For example it might have a florist, a celebrant, a hair stylist etc. The idea is that each of the 10 suppliers gets a supply of these flyers & gives them to their clients. I would also do a digital version that could be used as a lead magnet in an email/facebook campaign.

    Is this a good idea or are coupons not classy enough for the wedding market?

    Love to hear thoughts on this.

    Thanks. Lee.
    Yes, this works. I've done it with postcards, menu and display boards, magnets and even business cards.

    All the wedding type businesses offer discounts including wedding planners, photographers and tuxedo rental.

    Ron
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11117708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maha maha
    discount coupons are the best idea to avail wonderful cashback offers for your bill payment.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11119352].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rhealy29
      Originally Posted by maha maha View Post

      discount coupons are the best idea to avail wonderful cashback offers for your bill payment.
      Solid, solid advice here. Game changing even. I'm off to avail some wonderful cashback offers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11120519].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan Paul
    This sounds like a good idea. I was going to do something similar myself. Can you please explain this in a little more detail? Would the advertisers be paying since they are giving them out to their own customers?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11122956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ron Lafuddy
      Originally Posted by Ryan Paul View Post

      This sounds like a good idea. I was going to do something similar myself. Can you please explain this in a little more detail? Would the advertisers be paying since they are giving them out to their own customers?
      I'm not the OP, but it depends on the arrangement and what you are looking for out of the project.

      Is it a one-off for you or are you seeking long term income?

      Are you looking to keep the project small or would you like to expand it and make more money?

      Are time or convenience a factor for you?

      How you set this up initially, determines where you can take it and how much can be made.

      Setting it up as an ad program limits the income and the possibilities.

      Ron
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11123726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mojo1
    Do you have a really good relationship with a few Wedding Venues?
    If so, you're in luck! Instead of or in addition to a glossy flyer, consider a nice quality folder which would display all of the other wedding suppliers on the actual folder, including your business and the wedding venue of course.

    The Wedding Venue would distribute these high quality folders to each of the lovely couples who have toured their facility. Folder suppliers are not difficult to find and they make for a more permanent option to keep essential wedding checklist items organized.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11123780].message }}

Trending Topics