Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Offline Marketing
Register Blogs Social Groups Advertise with usHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 21st July 2011, 03:16 PM   #1
I Be The Warrior
War Room Member
 
HassanAjmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Queens NYC
Posts: 180
Thanks: 14
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Hi guys,

I have a question about the 10x10x4 video formula for a local gastroenterologist client.

Here is the situation, lets think about the typical problem a patient of his might be having. One of them might be Acid Reflux. Now, there are tons of videos about Acid reflux on Youtube, as well as in written form.

Now, I'm stumped as to exactly what my client should make content about because we are targeting people locally. Obviously the SEO part and Google Maps will be handled. But I want to use videos effectively to target locals and need to know what route to go in terms of:

- Should I be telling him to make videos on FAQ's that his patients TYPICALLY ask, rather than making general videos about GI stuff?

Everything will be leading to a report called "7 Critical Mistakes You Might Make When Choosing a ==AREA== Gastroenterologist...And How to Avoid Them!"

So if you guys could please give me insight on how you've done your campaigns I'd highly appreciate it.

Key things I really need to know is...

-Base it off general questions about his niche, or specific things his patients ask, or all of it?

Thanks
HassanAjmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st July 2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Offline Consultant
War Room Member
 
Dexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,964
Thanks: 680
Thanked 662 Times in 338 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Both. As well as common mistakes they need to be aware of and how to avoid them (question they should be asking).

Don't worry about competing videos, the focus is to dominate his targeted market and position him as the authority.

Have fun,

~Dexx
Dexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st July 2011, 05:38 PM   #3
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Web Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Miami Beach, Florida, USA.
Posts: 215
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 255
Thanked 95 Times in 44 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

I agree with the above post. I do this often for my Veterinarian clients. I'll usually interview them and break each question into separate videos - film them performing a surgery - and a few random vids of the clinic. I'm not a fan of those Fiverr style videos that people are creating.

I usually just type in the doctor's keywords & add the local keywords as well.. I always get my vids to rank well. As mentioned earlier, the idea is to get the dr to look like the industry expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanAjmal View Post
Hi guys,

I have a question about the 10x10x4 video formula for a local gastroenterologist client.

Here is the situation, lets think about the typical problem a patient of his might be having. One of them might be Acid Reflux. Now, there are tons of videos about Acid reflux on Youtube, as well as in written form.

Now, I'm stumped as to exactly what my client should make content about because we are targeting people locally. Obviously the SEO part and Google Maps will be handled. But I want to use videos effectively to target locals and need to know what route to go in terms of:

- Should I be telling him to make videos on FAQ's that his patients TYPICALLY ask, rather than making general videos about GI stuff?

Everything will be leading to a report called "7 Critical Mistakes You Might Make When Choosing a ==AREA== Gastroenterologist...And How to Avoid Them!"

So if you guys could please give me insight on how you've done your campaigns I'd highly appreciate it.

Key things I really need to know is...

-Base it off general questions about his niche, or specific things his patients ask, or all of it?

Thanks

Web Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st July 2011, 06:33 PM   #4
WPCALLCONVERSION.COM
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 3,865
Blog Entries: 6
Thanks: 1,450
Thanked 1,829 Times in 997 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Same here! Hell the videos don't even have to be informative to get them to rank. Proper use of title, tags, and location takes care of the ranking most time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Junkie View Post
I agree with the above post. I do this often for my Veterinarian clients. I'll usually interview them and break each question into separate videos - film them performing a surgery - and a few random vids of the clinic. I'm not a fan of those Fiverr style videos that people are creating.

I usually just type in the doctor's keywords & add the local keywords as well.. I always get my vids to rank well. As mentioned earlier, the idea is to get the dr to look like the industry expert.

Get More CONVERSIONS & Charge for using the new Click to Call WordPress Plugin now!
CHECK IT OUT!
Rus Sells is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st July 2011, 06:41 PM   #5
HyperActive Warrior
 
IdeaFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 128
Thanks: 102
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Hi, I've been lurking on this site for a few months, and have decided to pipe in on this topic for my first post.

I handle marketing for a few small businesses in and around the Oklahoma City area, and have been a sponge when it comes to information regarding online marketing for offline companies.

I personally think the FAQ format for your particular client is a fantastic idea. I would compile some questions, film some friends and family (who don't need to be paid for helping you out) asking those questions with sincerity, then for each question film the physician giving the answers while he sits in his office or a professional looking environment. This particular format would, in my opinion, be providing a service and therefore value for any viewers of the video and would position your client as THE expert in his or her field.

Here in Oklahoma City, there is a fellow who owns a oil and lube business. He usually buys minute-long slots on the radio during morning and evening drive times. His commercials are that long because he always gives a car maintenance or safety tip or little known car repair fact during the spot. He gets tons of clients because people have come to trust him. One of his best was just this month when he told a story about a guy who came in for the $29.99 A/C check. He was dismayed when his bill had a $185 charge for freon and servicing on the A/C. The owner, in his commercial, stated that he personally went to the man's house and refunded his money because the service person did not adequately describe that the service would have additional charges if the A/C needed freon or other repairs. The owner then went on to explain how the service works and what the costs may be. This is GENIUS! His company makes a mistake and the owner ADVERTISES the mistake! Because he did that, he has been flooded with business from people who were duly impressed.

I relate this story as an anecdote of how the Expert Positioning model can be successful. I hope it gives you some ideas.

Thank you
IdeaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st July 2011, 07:08 PM   #6
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
RKCastillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 320
Thanks: 7
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Just to add to what everyone has already said.

Use a commercial style video for the main "local" keyword. I.E. Gastro Doc in City Name.

Then do the FAQs and SAQs.

Blast them out all over the place for links.

And add them to the actual web site.

I don't remember ever going to a doctors website and seeing him answer questions in a video format.

That would set him apart immediately.

RKCastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st July 2011, 09:15 PM   #7
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 66
Thanks: 10
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

I like everyone ideas on this. Who does everyone use to upload there videos to multiple video sites? I know there is tube mogul. Any other really good ones to use over them for free?
byte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st July 2011, 09:41 PM   #8
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 119
Thanks: 95
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Try to think from the customers point of view... what would they value in reading or seeing in a video?
- some clips of what the clinic looks like.. maybe something like a walk through the clinic on a busy day.. just saying hi to employess... just showing the size of the operation... new equipment.. whatever... this type of clip would offer familiarity to prospective clients.
- definitely a video on FAQ's
- Maybe a series of videos based on certain issue according to the seasons? maybe most common foods to stay away from? or to consume?
- a video on the newest research out.. this would support his expert status

just a few ideas there.

Kamran
kmalikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st July 2011, 10:50 PM   #9
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
uncle randy 71's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Alabama, United States of America
Posts: 158
Thanks: 117
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Could you make some videos with the doctor illustrating the top 3 or 5 common procedures he performs?

I am familiar with acid reflux, but I imagine the doctor handles more than just that type of problem. Get him to explain, in REALLY SIMPLE terms, why people come to him, what their problem is and what treatments are available.
uncle randy 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th July 2011, 04:19 PM   #10
I Be The Warrior
War Room Member
 
HassanAjmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Queens NYC
Posts: 180
Thanks: 14
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

thank you all for your suggestions...
HassanAjmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th July 2011, 06:44 PM   #11
Direct Mail Beast
War Room Member
 
Doran Peck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Idaho, USA
Posts: 324
Thanks: 240
Thanked 294 Times in 171 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

One glaring thing that stands out.

The only people seeing these videos are the people actually trying to do something about the problem...and that doesn't even begin to cover the total number of people suffering, that are within reach of this doctor.

Wouldn't it be a goldmine if you could get the attention of all the rest of those people and get them thinking along the lines of doing something to solve their problem, and point them in the right direction?

aside from just acid reflux....there area a whole host of major health issues associated with problems in our intestines....truth be known...pretty much every household within his reach is a potential client.

If only there was a way for him to educate all of them and keep them thinking about him. Like flashing a sign in front of the face of every possible client simultaneously, anytime he wanted to. That would be the ultimate perfect scenario.
Doran Peck is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th July 2011, 08:30 PM   #12
Grand Poobah
 
DazedandConfused's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 209
Thanks: 47
Thanked 61 Times in 41 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdeaFool View Post
Hi, I've been lurking on this site for a few months, and have decided to pipe in on this topic for my first post.

I handle marketing for a few small businesses in and around the Oklahoma City area, and have been a sponge when it comes to information regarding online marketing for offline companies.

I personally think the FAQ format for your particular client is a fantastic idea. I would compile some questions, film some friends and family (who don't need to be paid for helping you out) asking those questions with sincerity, then for each question film the physician giving the answers while he sits in his office or a professional looking environment. This particular format would, in my opinion, be providing a service and therefore value for any viewers of the video and would position your client as THE expert in his or her field.

Here in Oklahoma City, there is a fellow who owns a oil and lube business. He usually buys minute-long slots on the radio during morning and evening drive times. His commercials are that long because he always gives a car maintenance or safety tip or little known car repair fact during the spot. He gets tons of clients because people have come to trust him. One of his best was just this month when he told a story about a guy who came in for the $29.99 A/C check. He was dismayed when his bill had a $185 charge for freon and servicing on the A/C. The owner, in his commercial, stated that he personally went to the man's house and refunded his money because the service person did not adequately describe that the service would have additional charges if the A/C needed freon or other repairs. The owner then went on to explain how the service works and what the costs may be. This is GENIUS! His company makes a mistake and the owner ADVERTISES the mistake! Because he did that, he has been flooded with business from people who were duly impressed.

I relate this story as an anecdote of how the Expert Positioning model can be successful. I hope it gives you some ideas.

Thank you
That is a GREAT move! That was smart use with his radio time - a quick reminder tag "visit us @ www. --- would be perfect as well - that spot probably created a ton of good will - We have a similar guy in the Pacific NW - tire dealer - because of spots like that,people won't go to anyone else - they don't seem to even shop around...

Hey ideafool! - Come out of the woodwork more! Whatta 'ya fraid of? :rolleyes:
D&C

Btw: For more on the*10x10x4, Google search Mike Koenig and the*10x10x4*formula
DazedandConfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th July 2011, 08:56 PM   #13
Flyin' Low & Slow
War Room Member
 
Kevin AKA Hubcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 1,202
Thanks: 56
Thanked 182 Times in 136 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

I agree with what others have said here but let me add my two cents.

As for what types of vids to shoot I say do them all. You can start at general health and progress into gastro-intestinal. You can also have short staff video introductions.

One thing to remember is its not just about showing up in the search engines. That's part of it. But its all for naught if you don't add a customer. Focus on those things that add patient value so they see the doctor not only as an authority (which is a given, after all they have M.D. after their name) but as the person best suited to solve their particular problem.

You should submit the vids to all the usual places but you should also put them on the doctor's site. You could even have a "virtual video clinic".

If the doctor has some free time on the weekends you might think about doing a weekly hour long webinar where he answers health questions. You could also use a service like UStream or check out leased access at your local cable station.

And by all means tell the doctor to show some personality in the videos. They don't need to be a comedy all-star but showing a bit of personality, warmth, and caring will go a long way.

Kevin

P.S. I'am not a fan of the Animoto/movie trailer types of vids. They have their place but are usually misused because they're quick and expedient. They look kinda pretty, kinda, but aren't nearly as effective as other simple techniques. Just my opinion. YMMV.
Kevin AKA Hubcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8th August 2011, 08:07 PM   #14
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

hello all. here's my first post as well. I'm a foot doc looking to expand an online presence. I had some one minute FAQ videos made professionally, and next will be some saq's but I will use a flip cam for most of them and do them on my own. we also use the flip cam to gather patient video testimonials and will look to optimize seo with them. love the idea of a virtual clinic, and adding personality - not easy to portray for most docs. many 'cutting edge' sites I see have a welcome video come up immediately on the main page. I keep hearing that video is the way to go nowadays. a YouTube video channel is a must as well. does it make sense to end each video with a call-to-action? if so, any recommendations e.g. 'call our office today to claim your free book' or 'enter your name and email address for our free report on xyz'? I guess my question is this: is list-building more important, or is getting the patient in the door? I have eight books to offer and tons of free info products... just not sure what direction to go with the videos. any advice is greatly appreciated!
christofoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8th August 2011, 10:43 PM   #15
Matt Allen
War Room Member
 
mrmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Phoenix (not Arizona)
Posts: 466
Thanks: 62
Thanked 143 Times in 92 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by christofoot View Post
hello all. here's my first post as well. I'm a foot doc looking to expand an online presence. I had some one minute FAQ videos made professionally, and next will be some saq's but I will use a flip cam for most of them and do them on my own. we also use the flip cam to gather patient video testimonials and will look to optimize seo with them. love the idea of a virtual clinic, and adding personality - not easy to portray for most docs. many 'cutting edge' sites I see have a welcome video come up immediately on the main page. I keep hearing that video is the way to go nowadays. a YouTube video channel is a must as well. does it make sense to end each video with a call-to-action? if so, any recommendations e.g. 'call our office today to claim your free book' or 'enter your name and email address for our free report on xyz'? I guess my question is this: is list-building more important, or is getting the patient in the door? I have eight books to offer and tons of free info products... just not sure what direction to go with the videos. any advice is greatly appreciated!
Which came first the chicken or the egg?

What you will find is that people are at different stages of their buying cycles. So by doing lead generation you may have people that convert right away (a patient in the door) and others that are not quite ready to take action yet (list building).

If you have that many info products you can bury them in the reality that you are the Doc they need to see when they are ready. It is your job to stay in front of them until they are.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

mrmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th February 2012, 06:41 AM   #16
Ben Pedersen
War Room Member
 
XponentSYS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Eugene,OR, USA.
Posts: 735
Thanks: 510
Thanked 678 Times in 246 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doran Peck View Post
One glaring thing that stands out.

The only people seeing these videos are the people actually trying to do something about the problem...and that doesn't even begin to cover the total number of people suffering, that are within reach of this doctor.

Wouldn't it be a goldmine if you could get the attention of all the rest of those people and get them thinking along the lines of doing something to solve their problem, and point them in the right direction?

aside from just acid reflux....there area a whole host of major health issues associated with problems in our intestines....truth be known...pretty much every household within his reach is a potential client.

If only there was a way for him to educate all of them and keep them thinking about him. Like flashing a sign in front of the face of every possible client simultaneously, anytime he wanted to. That would be the ultimate perfect scenario.
I didn't read the whole thread because (1) I am zazy, and (2)I just don't have but a few minutes a day here because I am busy making money.

Sorry, Im in a sarcastic mood.

I have HUNDREDS of chiro clients around the country and here's what we do...

1. Radio ads saying something like "Are you suffering from back pain?..... call "800 number" or go to LandingPage.com and request a free report.

2. "Infomercial" type TV ads, saying same.

3. Postcard drops to addresses, saying same.

We generate about 150,000 - 200,000 leads from the "free report" requests monthly. We ask for "snail mail" and the report is MAILED.

This becomes a lead and is sent to the client who is in that ZIP.

We also train the clients on a sequence to convert leads into patients.

Nothing holds a candle to good old fashioned DRM. Ask our friend, Dan Kennedy.

Study "Ben Altadonna".

Of course, study me. :-)
XponentSYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th February 2012, 04:14 PM   #17
Motorcycle Marketer
War Room Member
 
Preeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 473
Thanks: 334
Thanked 315 Times in 121 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Another idea is to record a testimonial from a client who for example was suffering from acid reflux and the relief they enjoyed after receiving care from your client. Social proof is always helpful, especially to position your client as an authority in their field.
Preeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th February 2012, 10:21 PM   #18
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 587
Thanks: 6
Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

These ideas are great. I am just developing a business plan that includes just this, video marketing, promotional videos, photo slideshows, video testimonials, etc.... I will go to their store with camera/camcorder and shoot these.

I find myself guessing on the pricing for certain service.

For example:

-weekly question & answer session
-video testimonials

-I was thinking a 2 min promo video that outlines their company, this includes 1 hour of film time for $350.00

-3 promo videos, 2 min each, 2 hours of film time for $997.00

Say for video testimonials I was thinking pay per testimonial and the more you buy the cheaper the rate.

If anyone might be able to pm me, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.
9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st March 2012, 07:47 PM   #19
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

hello XponentSYS,thats very impressive to generate that many leads from 'free report requests'. what DRM approaches are working for that?
and what steps are involved in your 'sequence' for conversion?
christofoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th March 2012, 06:07 AM   #20
Ben Pedersen
War Room Member
 
XponentSYS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Eugene,OR, USA.
Posts: 735
Thanks: 510
Thanked 678 Times in 246 Posts
Default Re: Using 10x10x4 Formula for Local Doctor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9999 View Post
These ideas are great. I am just developing a business plan that includes just this, video marketing, promotional videos, photo slideshows, video testimonials, etc.... I will go to their store with camera/camcorder and shoot these.

I find myself guessing on the pricing for certain service.

For example:

-weekly question & answer session
-video testimonials

-I was thinking a 2 min promo video that outlines their company, this includes 1 hour of film time for $350.00

-3 promo videos, 2 min each, 2 hours of film time for $997.00

Say for video testimonials I was thinking pay per testimonial and the more you buy the cheaper the rate.

If anyone might be able to pm me, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.
Never forget what the CLIENT wants. LEADS. PATIENTS.

Believe me, they could careless about videos, social media , whatever.

They won't pay $997.00 for any of that. What they will pay $997.00 for (or multiples of that) is RESULTS.

We're dealing with OFFLINE clients. RIO is all that matters.

You could deliver leads via social media, or messages in bottles.

Nobody cares.

Figure out HOW to deliver results, and money's in the bank.... even if those results are delivered via telegram.

That's the name of the game. If you can use video to deliver these results then more power to you. Just don't make that the pitch.

The pitch is the RESULTS.
XponentSYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Offline Marketing

Bookmarks

Tags
doctor, formula, local

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:10 PM.