Phone and Email Scripts?

Profile picture of the author MsQue by MsQue Posted: 02/25/2012
I know this has probably asked before, does anyone have any scripts for contacting offling leads, via calling or email? I am offering WordPress websites an Google places services.

Thanks
#email #phone #scripts

  • Profile picture of the author David Miller
    David Miller
    There are several threads in this forum about cold calling and scripts. Use the forum search function.
  • Profile picture of the author MaxwellB
    MaxwellB
    Since your looking for help specifically for your business searching through threads won't help unless you find another thread about scripts for a wordpress website/google places services provider.

    I would have to know a little bit about your business like how many years you've been in business (only if it would add to your reputation :p ) maybe how many websites you've developed. What exactly google places services means like what do you actually do for the client. Only need to know this stuff because it actually goes in the scripts.

    Give me that info and I'll write you a winning cold call script right now.

    As for the email, you want an email script that is for the first touch? like an introduction, or a follow up email after you leave a voicemail?
  • Profile picture of the author Lina T
    Lina T
    Where are you getting the leads that you are cold calling? The script that you use would sort of depend on that ... I can post some ideas here too with that information ...
  • Profile picture of the author MaxwellB
    MaxwellB
    Originally Posted by Lina T View Post

    Where are you getting the leads that you are cold calling? The script that you use would sort of depend on that ... I can post some ideas here too with that information ...
    Why would where she buys the leads from effect the script?
  • Profile picture of the author Lina T
    Lina T
    Originally Posted by MaxwellB View Post

    Why would where she buys the leads from effect the script?
    I was not asking for the exact source if that is something that OP does not want to share, just generally where the leads are coming from - I have done a lot of cold calling and tailoring what is said has helped the responses on my calls. Like if the calls are just from a phone book, I say one thing, if the leads are from me just sitting down and thinking of businesses that I want to work with, I say something else, or if a friend of mine made a list of businesses she thinks I should call, I approach it differently. If I saw ads in the local paper and I am calling those as prospects, I have another approach ... if I got the leads online through just searching my local area online or reading local reviews, I have a different approach ... that was why I asked ... just trying to share how my local cold calls have been so successful ...
  • Profile picture of the author MaxwellB
    MaxwellB
    @Lina T: I understand now.

    I never thought of that because I'm just used to a calling list that is purchased from Infogroup/Hoovers/salesforce etc. So I figured that's what she was using.

    But I guess we'll have to wait and see what she uses.
  • Profile picture of the author Lina T
    Lina T
    @MaxwellB - Oh yes, I think calls through a list source would all probably use generally the same script We'll see what OP says
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Jason Kanigan
    Good scripts cost you money. When I write a script for a business, it's $1000+. They are going to make so much money off of it, that's a steal.

    You can go see a basic one that you can adapt for your own use here.

    And it isn't about the script. The script is not some magic bullet that will make the prospect close their mouth and open their wallet. It's about the process that the script takes you and your prospect through. Or else it's just words.

    Without a consistent sales process, you'll be a sales zombie...wandering around, wondering why you get to take a bite out of a customer from time to time, and why they run away from you the rest of the time.
  • Profile picture of the author ahbittersweet8
    ahbittersweet8
    The forum has plenty of good information. Good luck and have a great confidence when cold calling/emailing!
  • Profile picture of the author Lina T
    Lina T
    Originally Posted by kaniganj View Post

    The script is not some magic bullet that will make the prospect close their mouth and open their wallet. It's about the process that the script takes you and your prospect through. Or else it's just words
    This is so true! The script just opens the door - if when the door opens, you do not know what to do, it is not the script's fault The sales process requires a little bit of intuition and good communication skills as well ... the script is step 1 ... this is not to say that a beginner can not have great success with it - it is just important to be aware that the conversation and exchange that occurs after the first 2 minutes of the call can not generally be scripted. You have to be ready for the common questions and responses that will come from that script and I think after investing an hour on the phone, you will start to have a feel for the paths that the script can potentially lead you ...

    Good luck!
  • Profile picture of the author David Miller
    David Miller
    Welcome back Jason!
  • Profile picture of the author twilight101
    twilight101
    Originally Posted by MaxwellB View Post

    Since your looking for help specifically for your business searching through threads won't help unless you find another thread about scripts for a wordpress website/google places services provider.

    I would have to know a little bit about your business like how many years you've been in business (only if it would add to your reputation :p ) maybe how many websites you've developed. What exactly google places services means like what do you actually do for the client. Only need to know this stuff because it actually goes in the scripts.

    Give me that info and I'll write you a winning cold call script right now.

    As for the email, you want an email script that is for the first touch? like an introduction, or a follow up email after you leave a voicemail?
    Can you write me a phone script also? Can' t pm
  • Profile picture of the author MaxwellB
    MaxwellB
    @Twilight: I just pm'd you.
  • Profile picture of the author willbuchn
    willbuchn
    Been looking for some scripts also, thanks for this post and the ideas share here.
  • Profile picture of the author David Miller
    David Miller
    Talk about luck!

    Two people on this thread who just became members of the forum managed to find MaxwellB right off the bat!

    I'll bet he gets rave reviews too!
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Jason Kanigan
    Yeah well having just been banned for a week for "self-promotion"

    because I offered FREE webinars for months to share GREAT SALES TIPS to people and NOT try to sell them a single thing

    I'm a little bit peeved at the blatant "Hey I can help you do this at a price, just PM me" that I've seen many instances of upon the few hours following my return.

    When I see any more of these, I'm gonna flag them. Consider yourselves warned.

    Obviously offering to help others at no charge is commendable and in the Warrior Spirit.
  • Profile picture of the author Lina T
    Lina T
    Originally Posted by kaniganj View Post

    Yeah well having just been banned for a week for "self-promotion"

    because I offered FREE webinars for months to share GREAT SALES TIPS to people and NOT try to sell them a single thing

    I'm a little bit peeved at the blatant "Hey I can help you do this at a price, just PM me" that I've seen upon the few hours following my return.

    When I see any more of these, I'm gonna flag them. Consider yourselves warned.

    Obviously offering to help others at no charge is commendable and in the Warrior Spirit.
    What do you mean? You got banned for your previous message in this thread? Or do you mean in general?

    I'm sorry you were banned A week goes by very fast ... glad it was not longer - you seem to offer a lot of value here

Related discussions