Cold calling: What is going wrong?

by socialentry 78 replies
Aight, I'm not sure where to turn to, but after 5000 dials and more then 400 pitches + there are no sales incoming.

Arguably, I have no prior experience coaching or selling stuff on the phone but this is getting ridiculous.Not sure where to turn to, what are the things i can do to "troubleshoot" the situation??? What are the things I should look out for?

There must be something I missed along the way that I am not doing properly. This is pure telesales by the way to the US.
#offline marketing #calling #cold #wrong
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
    i don't buy it bro.

    There is no way anyone can talk to 400 people and NOT sell something.

    even if you had the worst product, worst script, never ever even asked for the money
    if you spoke to 400 people, someone would have felt sorry and just GAVE you money.

    don't know what your intention was with this post... actually i think i do.
    but your wasting your time.

    One piece of advice. IF you really did talk to 400 people and no one bought anything
    from you, go get an application to mcdonalds, that's more your speed.

    this is just another BS post from one our not so friendly phone sales haters.
    Different user name, same BS, same stupid agenda.
    Signature

    Selling Ain't for Sissies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604179].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author socialentry
      EDIT ayayayayyayayayayayayayay
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604217].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author socialentry
      Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

      One piece of advice. IF you really did talk to 400 people and no one bought anything
      from you, go get an application to mcdonalds, that's more your speed.
      Don't say things you wouldn't say to people if they were directly in front of you Rambo. That was quite rude of you.

      Anyway, welcome to my ignore list brotha. Thanks for your very helpful input
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604237].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
        Originally Posted by socialentry View Post

        Don't say things you wouldn't say to people if they were directly in front of you Rambo. That was quite rude of you.

        Anyway, welcome to my ignore list brotha. Thanks for your very helpful input
        Thank you very much. You just proved what your intentions were all about.
        and now nobody has to waste their time with this bogus thread.

        P.S.
        780 W. Granada Blvd., Ormond Beach, FL 32174

        Just ask for Rambo a.k.a Rick at the Receptionists desk.
        Signature

        Selling Ain't for Sissies
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604270].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

      i don't buy it bro.

      There is no way anyone can talk to 400 people and NOT sell something.

      even if you had the worst product, worst script, never ever even asked for the money
      if you spoke to 400 people, someone would have felt sorry and just GAVE you money.

      don't know what your intention was with this post... actually i think i do.
      but your wasting your time.

      One piece of advice. IF you really did talk to 400 people and no one bought anything
      from you, go get an application to mcdonalds, that's more your speed.

      this is just another BS post from one our not so friendly phone sales haters.
      Different user name, same BS, same stupid agenda.

      Its a plant Ken. Good call. I still dont buy it....we can create 50k websites but not a call data sheet?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6606082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scottgallagher
    A script is very helpful, even if you have it in bullet point form. Practice your tonality in front of a mirror, visualizing you in front of someone. Your physiology will come through on the phone, along with tone.

    Consider your goal for the call, it should surely not to sell them over the phone. You will likely be trying to earn the right to their time, to meet with them in person or on the telephone.

    Consider an auto-responder system over 30 days...as a fall back if you fail to close the meeting, get their preferred email address and email them value over 30 days.

    To achieve that goal, how would you like to be approached if you are very busy?

    Perhaps something that will make your life easier and not cost you hardly any time.

    Ask for 15 minutes of their time and offer a great benefit, such as leaving them with a customized 6-month plan for their business. Here, follow this link and use this as your template plan ... just customize it by inserting their customer needs and specific business objective.

    Good luck! Curious on your progress
    Signature
    Father, Entrepreneur, Author, Adranalist
    I teach entrepreneurs to build a sustainable Internet Marketing Agency with real value. I have many free resources and paid training programs available

    -->My Training Website
    -->My Agency Website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Wow. Yeah. Either these numbers aren't right or this just isn't for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Murdock Lois
    Rick? So who is ken michaels? why does everyone hide their real name around here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604320].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by Murdock Lois View Post

      Rick? So who is ken michaels? why does everyone hide their real name around here
      look at my profile. Its says Rick and Ken.
      any other questions?

      So how many other user names are you going to come out with on this thread?

      Keep em coming, this is fun.
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604332].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Murdock Lois
    wait Rick and Ken? so which one is it?

    Whats the need for two names? which is the real one?

    Not very trustworthy, trying to hide your identity.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604354].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by Murdock Lois View Post

      wait Rick and Ken? so which one is it?

      Whats the need for two names? which is the real one?

      Not very trustworthy, trying to hide your identity.
      really? i guess you cant read ... that's a pity.
      i mean you are the supreme marketer and all...

      how hard is it to understand the words
      "Ken Michaels And Richard Hilton, Share this Account"

      Bigger then life in the profile. Its the first line.
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604385].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by Murdock Lois View Post

      wait Rick and Ken? so which one is it?

      Whats the need for two names? which is the real one?

      Not very trustworthy, trying to hide your identity.
      ... both are real names
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604392].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    Geeze... they're at it again.

    Pathetic..

    Fake screen names to start useless threads with fake allegations and the same people trolling to try and start an argument.

    I don't understand the motive.. Oh well..

    If you make that many calls and haven't got anywhere it's because you suck. I don't mean, just below average suckage, I mean, you suck so much that you could teach an aspiring "adult actress" class.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialentry
    you guys are really weird. I am quite discouraged by such a display.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604428].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by socialentry View Post

      you guys are really weird
      and your a joke.

      Prove your aren't, show us exactly what you did.

      If it isn't bull****, i will apologize, and you will get more help then you ever dreamed possible.

      However, i think your just one more made up character in a "lets bash phone sales comedy" that's been going on for here for a while.
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604458].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialentry
    So can I please get out of my flame-resistant suit now? or is it still raining outside?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604621].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by socialentry View Post

      So can I please get out of my flame-resistant suit now? or is it still raining outside?
      Nope. prove you aren't a made up character. Prove that you really made 5000
      dials and talked to 400 people without making a sale.

      Then you can come out of the flame- resistant suit.

      and i will personally hold your hand down the road to success.

      other wise. go away.
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604637].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author socialentry
        This message is hidden because kenmichaels is on your ignore list.

        Why are you even trying?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604655].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
          Originally Posted by socialentry View Post

          This message is hidden because kenmichaels is on your ignore list.

          Why are you even trying?
          i am not trying, i am keeping YOU from wasting everyone else's time.

          the ones that don't realize your post is bogus, and then spend a bunch of
          time trying to help you out.

          you were offered an apology, AND a helping hand you only had to do one thing
          and you haven't even tried.

          To me that is proof your a fake , because if you had the tenacity to make 5000
          dials and still make a post to ask for help, you would not care if
          500 people called you a liar, you would take the help from anywhere
          you could get it.

          So again, not trying, just wasting your time, the way you wanted to waste
          a lot of honest warriors time.

          You are now my new pet project, i am going to make it a point
          to follow you around on all your user accounts, and show people
          how full of crap you are.
          Signature

          Selling Ain't for Sissies
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604677].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author socialentry
            Hi Rick,

            apologies accepted. I didn't accept it before, not because I am arrogant.

            I put you on my ignore list and I was just writing blank random post to yours, because I assumed you were giving me ****. I assumed you were a simple bully with anger issues and I painted with a very broad brush.

            You've given me a hard time. So be it, it is water under the bridge, I understand if trolls have been giving your forum a hard time, I can accept that, I don't take it personally.

            I didn't make those dials. Was my original Misleading? Apparently. Intentionally so? Absolutly not. I am not a telemarketer. I started a telemarketing operation because my strength lay in my knowledge of programming and networking. I am not much of a salesman and have never pretended to be one.

            The kind of setup I have is much superior to more established businesses who cold call and it was established at a fraction of a cost.

            I hired two telemarketers and they simply aren't selling. . The machines are working as they should. Between the two of them, they made those 5000 calls.

            The stats for the agents are the following.

            Agent 1 has been around for two week, during this time he made:

            AGENT TALK TIME AND STATUS: [DOWNLOAD]
            STATUS COUNT HOURS:MM:SS
            A 111 23:45
            B 20 23:11
            CALLBK 962 14:45:10
            CP 46 55:26
            DC 36 10:30
            DNC 34 18:40
            INCALL 3 3:31
            N 74 35:07
            NI 338 5:55:27
            SALE 1 0:08
            WN 46 22:41
            XFER 2 2:32
            TOTAL CALLS 1673 23:56:08

            (NOTICE THERE IS ONE SALE, however IT ISN"T A SALE, the agent made a mistake. As you can see the total time spent on SALES calls is only 8 seconds long)

            The second agent arrived this monday, during this time he made:

            STATUS COUNT HOURS:MM:SS
            A 70 24:11
            B 3 1:59
            CALLBK 542 8:01:41
            CP 31 17:12
            DC 88 34:18
            DNC 20 24:45
            N 7 7:05
            NI 195 2:36:22
            WN 11 9:39
            TOTAL CALLS 967 12:37:12

            The numbers don't add up to more then 2500. The reason why is that the agent does not technically dial. The server dials and connects the answered call to the next available agent.

            This is the report for the campaign they are working on right now:

            Outbound Calling Stats 2012-07-13 18:10:37

            Time range: 2012-07-02 00:00:00 to 2012-07-13 23:59:59

            ---------- TOTALS
            Total Calls placed from this Campaign: 6661
            Average Call Length for all Calls in seconds: 21.58

            ---------- HUMAN ANSWERS
            Total Human Answered calls for this Campaign: 2549
            Average Call Length for all HA in seconds: 47.79 Total Time: 33:50:21

            ---------- DROPS
            Total Outbound DROP Calls: 349 5.24%
            Percent of DROP Calls taken out of Answers: 349 / 2549 13.69%
            Average Length for DROP Calls in seconds: 8.76
            Productivity Rating: 0.44

            ---------- NO ANSWERS
            Total NA calls -Busy,Disconnect,RingNoAnswer: 3740 56.15%
            Total auto NA calls -system-set: 3502
            Total manual NA calls -agent-set: 238
            Average Call Length for NA Calls in seconds: 19.62

            ---------- CALL HANGUP REASON STATS
            +----------------------+------------+
            | HANGUP REASON | CALLS |
            +----------------------+------------+
            | CUSTOMER | 427 |
            | AGENT | 2375 |
            | QUEUETIMEOUT | 321 |
            | ABANDON | 28 |
            | NO ANSWER | 3510 |
            +----------------------+------------+
            | TOTAL: | 6661 |
            +----------------------+------------+

            ---------- CALL STATUS STATS
            +--------+----------------------+----------------------+------------+----------------------------------+----------+
            | | | | | CALL TIME |AGENT TIME|
            | STATUS | DESCRIPTION | CATEGORY | CALLS | TOTAL TIME | AVG TIME |CALLS/HOUR|CALLS/HOUR|
            +--------+----------------------+----------------------+------------+------------+----------+----------+----------+
            | A | Answering Machine | UNDEFINED | 190 | 52:42 | 0:17 | 4.76 | 1.16 |
            | AB | Busy Auto | UNDEFINED | 62 | 0:00 | 0:00 | 1.55 | 0.38 |
            | B | Busy | UNDEFINED | 34 | 37:46 | 1:07 | 0.85 | 0.21 |
            | CALLBK | Call Back | UNDEFINED | 1555 | 23:00:19 | 0:53 | 38.94 | 9.48 |
            | CP | Corporate | | 83 | 1:17:24 | 0:56 | 2.08 | 0.51 |
            | DC | Disconnected Number | UNDEFINED | 135 | 46:05 | 0:20 | 3.38 | 0.82 |
            | DNC | DO NOT CALL | UNDEFINED | 61 | 46:19 | 0:46 | 1.53 | 0.37 |
            | DROP | Agent Not Available | UNDEFINED | 349 | 50:57 | 0:09 | 8.74 | 2.13 |
            | INCALL | Lead Being Called | UNDEFINED | 2 | 3:31 | 1:46 | 0.05 | 0.01 |
            | N | No Answer | UNDEFINED | 105 | 1:54:09 | 1:05 | 2.63 | 0.64 |
            | NA | No Answer AutoDial | UNDEFINED | 3440 | 0:00 | 0:00 | 86.15 | 20.98 |
            | NI | Not Interested | UNDEFINED | 573 | 9:06:44 | 0:57 | 14.35 | 3.49 |
            | NP | No Pitch No Price | UNDEFINED | 2 | 1:36 | 0:48 | 0.05 | 0.01 |
            | PDROP | Outbound Pre-Routing | UNDEFINED | 4 | 0:00 | 0:00 | 0.10 | 0.02 |
            | SALE | Sale Made | UNDEFINED | 2 | 0:59 | 0:30 | 0.05 | 0.01 |
            | WN | Wrong Number | | 61 | 33:56 | 0:33 | 1.53 | 0.37 |
            | XFER | Call Transferred | UNDEFINED | 3 | 3:27 | 1:09 | 0.08 | 0.02 |
            +--------+----------------------+----------------------+------------+------------+----------+----------+----------+
            | TOTAL: | 6661 | 39:55:54 | 0:22 | 166.81 | |
            +------------------------------------------------------+------------+------------+---------------------+----------+

            (there were two other sales recorded here, however these weren't sales. these were agent mistakes, the two "sales" made account for less then a minute each)



            If that fails to convince you and you think I somehow invented or copy/pasted those stats, well, I don't have the time to explain how the dialer is working and patch up the disparencies.
            I have every single calls that connected on record. I can't PM, so please forward me your e-mail and I will send all of them by parts to you if that is what it takes to get competent help.

            Every single mp3 is individually marked with the date, hour,and the outbound number that is being called.

            As for me being your pet project, don't worry, it isn't my style to overstay my welcome. Furthermore, this whole calling each other "warrior" thing seems to be lacking in taste to me.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6605404].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
              Originally Posted by socialentry View Post

              If that fails to convince you
              I am convinced. a script or details would have been fine as well.

              Bunch of wankers starting crap lately, some of those threads started off just like yours.

              First things First.

              My Sincerest apologies.

              Second order of business., i will PM you my skype name, when you have time
              contact me anytime, after 3pm est tomorrow.

              Sounds like you have a Management / script / sales people issue.
              Ill be more then happy to try and help you root out the problem
              and fix it.
              Signature

              Selling Ain't for Sissies
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6605454].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author socialentry
                Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

                I am convinced. a script or details would have been fine as well.

                Bunch of wankers starting crap lately, some of those threads started off just like yours.

                First things First.

                My Sincerest apologies.

                Second order of business., i will PM you my skype name, when you have time
                contact me anytime, after 3pm est tomorrow.

                Sound like you have a Management / script / sales people issue.
                Ill be more then happy to try and help you root out the problem
                and fix it.
                I much appreciate the help Rick, I look forward to talking to you.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6605521].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IMguy123
        Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

        Nope. prove you aren't a made up character. Prove that you really made 5000
        dials and talked to 400 people without making a sale.

        Then you can come out of the flame- resistant suite.

        and i will personally hold your hand down the road to success.

        other wise. go away.
        That's a no brainer offer for you Socialentry. If you are serious in your original post, you would be crazy to not take him up on his offer. Call him on it and your golden...but if your not legit, well...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6604671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    SocialEntry... how are you hiring your sales people? Are they foreign or in house?

    I would bet if you made even 10% of those calls, you would have multiple sales by now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6605470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialentry
    Durham, are you saying that you have never encountered this situation before?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6610463].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by socialentry View Post

      Durham, are you saying that you have never encountered this situation before?
      No I actually have but I tend to fire people who cant perform and thats what I would advise. If someone is on your clock not producing sales I would have the "talk" with them.

      At that point they would either produce in a day or two or be let go of.

      If these are your true numbers, and there is no logical reason, I would let go of my phone people.

      Now...IF they value their job after the "talk" then they will produce.

      If they DONT, then I would re look at the position I created and ask myself why they dont care about their job.

      If they DO care, then they will pull a sale out of their A** in a day or so....Sometimes they just dont get the urgency and once they get it they take off and start producing.

      Then again, it could be the script or the offer or not matching markets.,

      Ps. As soon as one person hits the others will follow.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6610721].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
        Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

        No I actually have but I tend to fire people who cant perform and thats what I would advise. If someone is on your clock not producing sales I would have the "talk" with them.

        At that point they would either produce in a day or two or be let go of.

        If these are your true numbers, and there is no logical reason, I would let go of my phone people.

        Now...IF they value their job after the "talk" then they will produce.

        If they DONT, then I would re look at the position I created and ask myself why they dont care about their job.

        If they DO care, then they will pull a sale out of their A** in a day or so....Sometimes they just dont get the urgency and once they get it they take off and start producing.

        Then again, it could be the script or the offer or not matching markets.,

        Ps. As soon as one person hits the others will follow.

        he is not a plant john. IF he is, he is a fantastic actor.

        He is selling mobile, and using jasons script

        he made it into a mind map for his reps, i am going to give him my best
        helping hand, as i am NOT a teacher, i might ask you for help

        P.S. I am really glad i did not say i would eat my hat if he was for real...
        Signature

        Selling Ain't for Sissies
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6610782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Ken I checked this guy out a bit I think I read him wrong too. Man when people start coming here messing with us its easy to start seeing ghosts and getting gun shy. I have been through it before, it will lev el back out, we have just been fighting a swarm. Good fight BTW bro!

    In your tenure here you will have other times like this, they come and go...but we are right most of the time.\

    Oh, I see you already addressed this above.Thanks.

    Ps. He sent me some call recordings Im checking out now...or in the next hour. Sometimes when a battle is over Ken Im still out on the field swinging my sword around. I get so involved that it takes a minute to realize we have already won- the "battle" that is.

    Did the same thing in telemarketing...it took me an hour after getting home to get out of the zone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6610795].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author socialentry
      Thanks for all the support WF and to all those who have replied in my thread... I didn't expect such an enthusiastic response.

      Originally Posted by Portlandrocks View Post

      OP may I ask a few questions?

      Where did you get your call list from?
      At first it was from some old business list that was several years out of date, but afterward they were US leads from yellowpages. At first, less then 1/5 of people answered, but after the switch, the answer/no-answer ratio got a lot better . I was told by one of my tsr who had experience that YP were a lot better then most lead brokers because they were regularly updated.

      Are these telemarketers offshore?
      Nope, all is inhouse. They have a regular 8-4 job.

      Are you trying to do a one call close on mobile? That is hard to do even for experienced native callers.
      Pretty much,that's what I figured.

      but even then, even if it was another version, my guys get stuck as soon as they say it is about web design or marketing.

      I would recommend using the telemarketers to set up appointments for higher level sales people. People who can put in the time to build relationships and follow up and do some upselling etc. etc. If your telemarketers ARE cheap, then appointment setting is about as far as I would ask them to go.
      Arguably I don't pay a lot, that is because I don't have a lot of ressources. The thing is,I can't really do local because most telemarketers that have applied to the position are immigrants who do not speak the local language.

      Both seem to be really motivated at least on the surface and I think they can be of great help later on down the road for things OTHER then telemarketing. That's part of the reason why I didn't give them the boot yet after such a terrible run.

      I also come from a background where as long as you tried hard[ to improve, then you were given a chance. I made the mistake to rely almost exclusively on the numbers/dialer, with the sales skills part almost an aftertaught.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6613465].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JaceBarnett
        Originally Posted by Portlandrocks View Post

        I would recommend using the telemarketers to set up appointments for higher level sales people. People who can put in the time to build relationships and follow up and do some upselling etc. etc. If your telemarketers ARE cheap, then appointment setting is about as far as I would ask them to go.

        I have actually had success with Pinoy telemarketers setting up appointments for me, but never had success with them making the close. I get about 1 to 2 appointments an hour per telemarketer with the people I have now. It took time to get to that point but it was well worth it.
        Originally Posted by socialentry View Post

        Arguably I don't pay a lot, that is because I don't have a lot of ressources. The thing is,I can't really do local because most telemarketers that have applied to the position are immigrants who do not speak the local language.
        Nick,

        I have read your responses and I am not sure I understand your situation fully or not or if you can use one of Portland's best tips or not.

        When you say that you can't "do local" because the telemarketers that are working for you don't speak the language are you saying that you are selling mobile services to clients in the telemarketers' little corner of the world so local follow-up is a non-option? Or are you saying you can't "do local" because your telemarketers don't speak our language well enough without the aid of your script to continue on their own?

        I ask, because this is a pretty important distinction. I do know a couple of marketers who sell marketing services in non-English speaking countries, but they outsource the entire operation. They have nothing at all to do with those markets or even the services being provided. In fact, maybe I should say they invest in overseas marketing rather than saying they sell or provide it. Anyway, if that's what you meant above, I'm afraid I won't be of much help.

        But if what you're saying is that you have non-native speakers calling "local" prospects in "your" area then you can certainly benefit from Portland's tip; and I would offer the same advice. His suggestion was that you have your telemarketers (By the way, rather they are working hard or not isn't justification to keep throwing good money after bad. You're in business to MAKE money, if they can't help you do that then you don't need them. It might be a bit sad and tug on your "heart strings" a bit, but the fact is not everyone can do every job.) act as appointment setters for yourself or other sales reps. I have used this same system myself in the past, and it can be quite powerful.

        Now to be completely honest, in an ideal world your telemarketers would pick up the phone; talk to the client; qualify them with a good enough "feel, felt, found" that they are equipped enough to ask (assuming the client hasn't already offered it) for the money themselves; close the deal; and move on. Unfortunately, we don't live in an ideal world, and it doesn't look like your team has the chops for that.

        Now even though we don't live in an ideal world, I still think that it is best to have "appointment setters" who know how to sell and how to close because booking an appointment is still very much a SELL. That being said, it can be a lot easier to get someone to sit down with you or a local sales rep over the phone than it sometimes is to get their credit card number then and there. That can certainly be done, but without clear communication, it's going to be tough.

        So what I would recommend that you do, if the leads are local to your area or are at least English speaking customers, would be to have your telemarketers call them and offer them an incentive or perk (a.k.a. a bribe) to meet with you in person (or another call with a "sales manager" or a webinar) the next day. I do this when inviting people to seminars and webinars. Perhaps you offer them a $100 Google Voucher (ppc) just for meeting with you.

        With this method your telemarketers job is to close by seeing how many $100 bills they can essentially give away. It shouldn't be too hard, and the cost to you will be nothing (lots of free ways to get these vouchers... BIG HINT: do a Google search for: "Google Engage") to give away free advertising. At this point, you don't have to worry that your telemarketers are bumbling and fumbling over objections and rebuttals in a tongue that is strange and foreign any longer. You just have to make sure that AFTER the telemarketer has gotten the client to admit that --

        A. They NEED help and B. They are willing to be PAID to see why you are the one that should provide it

        that you have someone on the back-end, perhaps yourself, who has a better command on the language to yield and swing the closing hammer.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6614472].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author socialentry
          Originally Posted by JaceBarnett View Post

          When you say that you can't "do local" because the telemarketers that are working for you don't speak the language are you saying that you are selling mobile services to clients in the telemarketers' little corner of the world so local follow-up is a non-option? Or are you saying you can't "do local" because your telemarketers don't speak our language well enough without the aid of your script to continue on their own?
          This but it's the other way around actually.

          They understand english very well, it's the locals that don't. In my city, pretty much every english-speaking kid has gone through a call center job in his/her life (I didn't, but then I'm not a native english speaker) because most other jobs require a good command of the local language.

          I'm still going to move over to an appointment model if possible, despite the difficulties because a lot of neighbourhoods speak english and I guess they will simply transfer to me if they really encounter heavy difficulties.

          So what I would recommend that you do, if the leads are local to your area or are at least English speaking customers, would be to have your telemarketers call them and offer them an incentive or perk (a.k.a. a bribe) to meet with you in person (or another call with a "sales manager" or a webinar) the next day. I do this when inviting people to seminars and webinars. Perhaps you offer them a $100 Google Voucher (ppc) just for meeting with you.

          With this method your telemarketers job is to close by seeing how many $100 bills they can essentially give away. It shouldn't be too hard, and the cost to you will be nothing (lots of free ways to get these vouchers... BIG HINT: do a Google search for: "Google Engage") to give away free advertising. At this point, you don't have to worry that your telemarketers are bumbling and fumbling over objections and rebuttals in a tongue that is strange and foreign any longer. You just have to make sure that AFTER the telemarketer has gotten the client to admit that --

          A. They NEED help and B. They are willing to be PAID to see why you are the one that should provide it

          that you have someone on the back-end, perhaps yourself, who has a better command on the language to yield and swing the closing hammer.
          Great stuff, I will look into it and implement ASAP.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6619862].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author socialentry
            Originally Posted by Portlandrocks View Post

            can i ask where you are from?
            Montreal, Canada.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6623722].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author socialentry
              Ok... I switched over to a appointment/closer model today.

              The guy who was struggling like crazy actually landed an appointment for me on Monday within an hour of switching strategy.

              The people were far more open when they knew we were in the same city.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6633371].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author somacorellc
                Originally Posted by socialentry View Post

                The people were far more open when they knew we were in the same city.
                Man, I hammer this home as many times as I can during a call. Everyone responds well to it and some can't believe that I'm actually in the same city! They get so many calls from AT&T and Yelp and Groupon that they always think I'm some phone lackey (I am, just for myself!) It helps a ton when I tell them the area I live in, since it gives them a reference point to connect me with, and makes them a ton more open to sitting down and having a meeting.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6633584].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author socialentry
        Originally Posted by Portlandrocks View Post

        Do you have any systems in place to act as incentives? I worked at a place once that gave out bonuses for the first sale of the day, top number of sales etc.

        Even if you don't have the resources for paying a high hourly wage, offering incredible incentives could help. I personally think the idea of offering monthly incentives is a bad idea though. Think about working for 30 days straight doing something as hard as cold calling and only being rewarded once a month.

        Daily incentives can be pretty awesome.

        You also don't need to necessarily hire expensive sales people to do the closing. You can always do it yourself. Even if your background isn't in sales, an honest approach can go a long way.
        I give them a commission on top of the salary.
        I told them first one to close would get a coffee cup with their name on it. I really can't do much better then that at the moment.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6619771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Odd how if he's using a script I offered, he never asked for my opinion on a darn thing...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6610815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JaceBarnett
    If I can be of any help socialentry please let me know.

    Training is something I am incredibly passionate about, and mobile is one of my most profitable niches.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6610842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
    OK guys here is the deal.

    Nick has two inhouse trs on the phones trying to sell mobile websites.

    They are not experienced sales people.
    Neither is Nick

    Also the script was turned into a flow chart ... literally ... arrows and all.

    I suggested he goes old school and puts the script and rebuttals on paper

    I also suggested hiring a real rep with experience,
    that is NOT an option right now.

    So he now knows his only option is to learn sales himself so he
    can then teach the tsr's and grow.

    Also, the actual script itself needs work.

    Any way, he can use all the help anyone is willing to provide.
    Signature

    Selling Ain't for Sissies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6613135].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

      OK guys here is the deal.

      Nick has two inhouse trs on the phones trying to sell mobile websites.

      They are not experienced sales people.
      Neither is Nick

      Also the script was turned into a flow chart ... literally ... arrows and all.

      I suggested he goes old school and puts the script and rebuttals on paper

      Good call. A new telemarketer has enough on his mind than to be chasing a mouse around some disorienting page while he is trying to pitch... Auto dialers are one thing but when you have arrows pointing everywhere, thats good for study but not to hand your telemarketer as a pitch.

      I also want to add what the person who trained me to manage said "Always make your scripts in 14 size font or 16, always italicize the [parts that need to be stressed, and/or bold them... and always have white space between each line the telemarketer says (double space).

      It helps them.

      And it Does.

      Good call Ken, I just figured out how to listen to your recordings BTW Nick...so after church tonight, will be offering thoughts...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6613915].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sandalwood
        Nick,

        You've got 4 of the best guys on the forum helping you out. Do you know what it would cost to have these guys as private consultants?

        The only thing I will add to this conversation is pay attention when they talk. John, Ken, Portland and Jason have all their stuff in one sock.

        And, no, I am not soliciting thank you's from anyone. Thank you's don't feed the bulldog. I am offering advice that I think will make you a lot of money once you work out the bugs after you apply their suggestions.

        Good luck.

        Tom
        Signature
        Get 30% or More Retirement Income If you are serious about your retirement, you'll love this product.

        The Money Ferret Finance Article Directory
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6614096].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    People are often taking things and chopping them up, using a bit of this and a dash of that, as if it's a chinese buffet. Or they take everything extremely literally, and have someone who doesn't understand the process try to mumble through it verbatim. Fail. Go and try SCUBA diving or fencing by reading a pamphlet about it. Fail.

    Here's the process:

    Get the prospect off of whatever they are doing and onto the call, if possible (ie. not a bad time).

    Uncover pain if it's there, and have them acknowledge it if it is.

    Monetize the problem--have the prospect figure out what it's costing them not to change.

    Figure out the investment--what are you willing to provide the solution for, as a % of the cost of not changing. IE. if the prospect says it's costing them $500,000 in new revenue not to change, I would be totally fine in saying the investment in my solution is a specific number between $5000 and $50,000 (hint: my price would be towards the $50K side).

    Determine whether your prospect can fund that investment. Hint: money can almost always be gotten, if the reason is strong enough.

    Then close.

    How I close is what my clients pay me for. But it should be awfully easy once it's set up this way. And for completeness, if it falls off the rails anywhere along the way, ie. they don't have enough pain or the cost of a solution is less than the cost of not changing, then they qualify Out. Thankfully so, because they have neither the need nor budget for our solution.

    Or you can follow a traditional selling process with features and benefits, objections and rebuttals, and all that other stuff. It's up to you. But don't mix and match.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6613612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author henry Argueta
    good thing you prove them wrong, and now are getting help from the best of the best out there. like someone else already pointed out, listen to them and take notes you will learn a lot
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6615988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
    Did you get your script and rebuttals on paper yet?

    Or at least typed out.

    BTW, i was thinking of you and your situation last night.

    With zero experience, you stepped upto the plate and just started
    swinging for home runs....

    That is friggin awesome !

    Do you realize most people never even get to the point if doing anything?
    they never even give themselves a chance to succeed or fail.

    Most are perpetually stuck in that state of "preparing"

    I hope you take some of the advice people are giving you,
    i think you are a part of the tiny group of people
    that have what it takes to be wildly successful.

    I for one will root for you each step of the way,
    and do everything i can to help you get there.

    You are a badass, and if you keep your momentum
    moving forward, i can easily see you becoming an
    inspiration to others.
    Signature

    Selling Ain't for Sissies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6618444].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author socialentry
      Yeah, I've written down the script and printed it out, I based it upon the one that was written by a guy that had a lot of experience in telemarketing, but quitted very early (which, in turn was based upon jasons script).

      Originally Posted by script

      Good morning/Afternoon

      Can I be trans to the person in charge of advertising please? (Director/owner/gm)
      Hello sir/maam my name is Jon Parker I’m with a web design group , how are you doing today? I’m just calling because I was admiring your website while looking for new possible clients. I did however notice it hasn’t been tailored for mobile browsing making it more easily accessible to the new generation of internet users. My job is to aid and assist established and up and coming business to adapt and update there websites for the mobile age.


      The Fact is by 2014 mobile phones users will have surpassed the number of internet users.
      We provide complete mobile exposure . Our answer is a mix of offline and online methods. I mean have you ever actually seen or noticed a website not optimized for mobile browsing? Its actually pretty annoying, especially depending on the model of device your browsing the site with. Are you around a computer by any chance? I want you to visit this site... and tell me what you think of some of the prime examples of the differences between mobile friendly and none friendly browsing. Do you browse the internet through your phone ? How about your kids? Every kid has a cell phone nowadays, this is the way of the future.

      I know your not in the business of paying ppl for nothing, In this day and age you need to use all your resources to your advantage. 8 seconds...8 seconds is how long the average person will spend searching through a companies website that is not mobile friendly before abandoning there efforts. Thats why all the major companies have already made that move(i.e NFL.com,), now its time for all the other business to do the same before they get left behind any further.




      Rebuttals:
      -My website is already mobile compatible.
      are you sure? It sure isn't loading on mine. Are you near a computer by any chance? I'd like you to see with your own eyes.
      -My wife/nephew/is doing it
      Well, is he making you any money?
      -I already have a webguy
      -Whats the name of the company?
      -What are they doing?
      -How do they plan to make you money?
      -How much are they charging?
      -I already have a website:
      -Really? Does that make you any money?
      -Since when did you update it?
      By 2014, everybody will have to be upgraded to take into account mobile phones, if your website dates from 1999, weeeell.... (trail off)

      My website is more like a billboard
      -Absolutly, and right now, a large portion of mobile users are not seeing you. What use is a billboard if no one can see you?
      We already have radio/magazines, we don't need a website
      How much are you paying for it?
      So you're willing to pay X per month, for 30 seconds/1 page/, did you know for only 800$ and 4.95$/month you could have internet advertising that is good for several years?
      I did the opposite of what I just did and just did a general outline, I told them that they could freestyle to fill in the blanks, to encourage them not to be so dependent upon the script.

      I read this thread in its entirety,http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...specially.html

      I didn't include everything because I didn't know how the conversation would flow with tie-ins/etc and figured I would tweak the rest as I cold call and listen to my agents.

      That's what written on the script word for word. The rest I told them when they received buying signals, to go for a close and not to worry too much about the wording for now.

      I figured I would grow the script organically as I made further test with it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6619725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yudwill
    do not despair bro,,. keep spirit,,. no pain no gain
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6618885].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    Ken, I just realized that I've somehow reverted to using a mind map/flow chart with arrows and everything. I've been in a slump for about two weeks, since I've been using it, and here I thought it was the weather or something.

    Thanks for identifying that for him. Helped me too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621318].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by beeswarn View Post

      Ken, I just realized that I've somehow reverted to using a mind map/flow chart with arrows and everything. I've been in a slump for about two weeks, since I've been using it, and here I thought it was the weather or something.

      Thanks for identifying that for him. Helped me too.
      anytime

      FYI, despite the fact that i would probably be classed as a technophile

      I still tack my scripts and rebuttals around me on the walls.

      Even tho i have it all memorized, its part of what makes my "comfort zone "

      Sloppy desk with doodles and notes and call backs all over it in complete
      disarray, a giant cup of coffee, extra ear pads tossed into the mess some where,
      scripts, rebuttals and stupid newspaper cartoon cut outs all over the walls

      for me, that isn't just the best way ... its the only way
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621439].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    @ Social entry... I am having a heck of a time getting these recordings to play, if you could please upload them into a playable format and send a link I'd appreciate. Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    Ken, exactly. I have so many things on my mind that I have no idea what I'm saying to people. Well, how I'm saying it to them, I mean. I was going to record myself tomorrow to find out, but I'll just get back on the script.

    Also wanted to thank you or John or Nameless, can't remember who, who confessed to doodling while on the phone. That's always been helpful to me.

    I downloaded a bunch of mind-mapping apps to test on my tablet and they've distracted me. I guess I must have also made the mistake of mind-mapping and doodling my script and decided to throw the real one away.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621478].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by beeswarn View Post

      Also wanted to thank you or John or Nameless, can't remember who, who confessed to doodling while on the phone. That's always been helpful to me.
      well i am pretty sure we all doodle, but john broke it down and explained why it works...

      i always thought i was just kinda bored, and like to do more then one thing at a time

      Out of curiosity, were you on a hot streak just before you went into the slump?
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    Yes, pretty hot. Also I moved into a new office. It's a focus and maybe a fish out of water issue.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621519].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    You wont need a mind map if you know exactly what you are selling. I think many peoples problem is that they are open to go any direction on the phone instead of focusing their sales pitch on a fine point and locating people who want that specific thing only.

    If you dont know exactly what you want out of a conversation you can get ANYTHING.

    Personally I would focus on a single service, and sell only that in a given session, and be on the look out for only that.

    Because if you have 100 options in your head then you are being led from subject to subject by the prospect chasing your tail and you mind map.

    I would focus , again, on a specific thing I wanted to sell, and hone in on that, disqualify anyone who donesnt want THAT and get to the get who wants THAT.

    If you arent offering 20 different potential things in a given call session, then a couple of soft rebuttals will qualify them in or out...and you wont have to carry a million things in your head, you can actually master turning the phrase that you choose.

    I believe dale carnegie said that millions are made from the effective tuirn of a single phrase.

    Back when I was in fundraising that term was "We are calling on behalf of the local D.A.D.C. for the 23rd precinct (or whatever it was).... Well that was an effective phrase and I had to say it verbatim about 50 times before I learned to turn it effectively.

    You cant do that if you are jumping from one thing to another chasing your tail constantly.

    Also, when you arent verbatim, the law of averages starts over at zero everytime you make a change and are no longer repeating the same consistent action.

    Hope this helps.

    Ps. We had a team that did dadac and a team that did fire fighters, and a team that did cancer funds...

    Now when a dadac caller got a no, they didnt say "Oh well maybe you will be interested in firefighters then, or we can also do cancer fund..." lol

    Focus is why call centers work, fine focus, getting average people to master the turn of a single phrase that works.

    Each person has a specific job and its to say a verbatim pitch, if you put too much on their plate they arent focused.

    "Blinders"- they are important for horses to win races. "Your job is only to do one single thing, say this pitch verbatim till you master turning the phrases".

    If you allow them to master it by not changing up alot, or giving them too many options...and focus everything on that phrase, they will master turning it...first you have to know what it is though, and if you have had past success you probably do know...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    Sure it does, John. I started a new line of business and I've been trying to split the day into halves, calling for the new line in the morning and the other in the afternoon/ evening. I'm not going to be able to do it unless there is something I'm missing that I can learn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    I guess I dont understand what you are saying bees. Sure what does?

    For example, I gave a workable verbatim line in the telemarketing war report- and the people who fiollowed it verbatim long enough to master it learned to turn that phrase and so far a couple of hundred people have reported sales.

    You have to identify a phrase that works and stick with it. That fundraising company hasnt changed its pitch in 25 years, not a word, and over a couple of hundred calls their people master it.

    Anyway, you said sure it does, but Im not sure what you are referring to to be able to help.

    Lets say you are a google certified affiliate, pitching "places"- and you start by saying "Im calling on behalf of google"- Its going to take you 50 times of turning that phrase to get it convincing, but once it is mastered it will open up alot of calls for you...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    You wrote, "Hope this helps." I'd lost my focus and you pointed out how. It helped. Thank you.

    Do you know how I might do better at splitting my day into prospecting for two similar but separate lines of business?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Oh cool!

    BTW: I hear alot of people saying "Im using a mixture of this and that", silly. If you know something works do that in a concentrated way... just the way it worked for someone else, without deviation. No need to reinvent the wheel.

    Thanks bees. I like the feeling of knowing something helped.

    Ps. I would focus on one for half the week and another the other half, because switching up is alot of inertia and it hurts your momentum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621589].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post


      Ps. I would focus on one for half the week and another the other half, because switching up is alot of inertia and it hurts your momentum.
      that's what i would do

      Hey john, do you ever teach advanced stuff?

      Not asking for help, i'm just curious.

      and one more thing, any way you and i could ever get a private conversation going?
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    Okay, I'll try that. Thanks again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Ps. One more thing, sorry I keep adding thoughts.

    Think of it like a google adwords campaign.

    A guy will test phrases until he finds something that works on 5% of the population that views, then he will roll that ad out.

    You find a phrase that gets you the response you want , and then you roll it out.

    First you may find a good greeting that opens them up...but still have trouble transitioning to the body, so you keep your greeting until you find the transitional statemnt that works...then add that. Mastering one level at a time. With that kind of focus it will work out in a couple iof hundred calls.

    Or just go find a pitch that works already or has all the elements and use that, still wont work until the turn of phrase is mastered, then it will work like gangbusters!

    Okay Im done. This was an exciting question.

    Out of thanks Ken but thanks.
    Didnt mean to hijack your student bro, just was excited about answering this. I know our advice is similar though and you probably would have said about the same thing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    No keep adding when you feel like it. I have no local peer group and I need review and pointers all the time. That's why I came here.

    EDIT: I didn't mean that to sound like that. I have no good salesmen to talk to around here, is what I meant to say.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Cool. Well I just want Ken to know I respect him and didnt answer because i felt his werent adequate, ken is a real call center manager, he and I have the same knowledge. Its all the same (what works), its just that most people around here dont get that.

    Problem is that there are only a few real life call center managers that really know. Ken is one.

    Ps. The reason a call center managers advice is valuable is because an individual can only tell you what worked for them based on their skills...but a call center manager can tell you what works for the masses of average people overall.

    An individual can tell you how THEY do it, but a call center manager can tell you how any average person can. Because they have seen what works over the numbers of people, not depending on personality type...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621650].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      Cool. Well I just want Ken to know I respect him and didnt answer because i felt his werent adequate, ken is a real call center manager, he and I have the same knowledge. Its all the same (what works), its just that most people around here dont get that.

      Problem is that there are only a few real life call center managers that really know. Ken is one.
      Yeah.. You guys are far more advanced than I am LOL. I've seen a few things you guys bring up really diving into some deep stuff that I have absolutely 0 experience with.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621659].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Durham
        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        Yeah.. You guys are far more advanced than I am LOL. I've seen a few things you guys bring up really diving into some deep stuff that I have absolutely 0 experience with.

        Honestly, thats probably true, but what you offer is different Iam, and valuable in its own right. HIGHLY valuable. You have come across some things that work in your short time and are more advanced in your understanding than the average person who started when you did. Plus you are a good motivator.

        We take you under our wing because we see that.

        Ps. No sleep for me, Im writing a pitch for Kens list...

        Pps. Iam, if you were in my room, you would be managing it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    I dig Ken very much. I just thought he might have gone to bed, which is where I'm going now. Thanks for the help guys. Good night.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621653].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
      Originally Posted by beeswarn View Post

      I dig Ken very much. I just thought he might have gone to bed, which is where I'm going now. Thanks for the help guys. Good night.
      no sleep for me, its midnight and i am doing accounting stuff.. pfftt

      and john no worries, even though you and i both know a lot of the same stuff

      i can never say things the way you do. So, please never feel like you need to hold
      back. I actually prefer when you jump in.
      Signature

      Selling Ain't for Sissies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    Good. If I can get to sleep now, I can beat you three to the phones in the morning. Nameless concerns me most because he's the nearest one to my market. Keep him busy with questions and personal insults if you can.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by beeswarn View Post

      Good. If I can get to sleep now, I can beat you three to the phones in the morning. Nameless concerns me most because he's the nearest one to my market. Keep him busy with questions and personal insults if you can.
      ROTFLMAO

      No thats Adrian and Murdocks job!:p Oh and the guru slayer...whats his name?

      Doesnt matter.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621685].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialentry
    There were a half-dozen apppointments done by my personnel.
    Ok, I started testing my own offer to cut down on operating costs. Now it's only me that's dialing.


    one agreed to a sale after standing me up twice, and even then when I dropped by his place of biz he didn't have the check ready, in fact he wasn't there at all. Oh wow. Another might be interested, he told me that he'd check with his partners first. Called him yesterday, told me to call back on friday. Anyway, it's in my neighbourhood and on my way to work, doesn't hurt to ask this one.

    Troubleshooting:
    First of all the headsets I gave my guys were really bad. I tried with them, albeit they were more comfortable then the one I am currently using, the microphone made so that a lot of people couldn't hear properly on the phone.

    made a 100 calls today, started off really late in the afternoon(4:30) and stopped at 6:00, but I raise early in the morning and try and make up for the low volume tomorrow. I didn't get anything, but tommorow is a new day.

    I went through one full pitch with an interesting character, I didn't have the answer to this:
    "I just don't give a ****. If the people don't like my food, tough." I was a bit taken aback by the fact the open disregard for his own customers' well-being as well as the open admittance of greed.

    Man, I suck at this but whatever, it's not like the first time I do something I am really bad at. Either I suffer now or I suffer twice as much down the road.

    By 10:30 I will be on the phone, I won't stop until 6
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724487].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rearden
      You can't fix stupid.

      I've had old timers with no insurance who felt their kids were obligated to foot the funeral bill.

      Once I hear that garbage, I'm outta there.

      No need, no presentation.
      Signature
      Final Expense Agent Mentor -- Providing On-Going, Personalized Mentorship And Training From A Real Final Expense Producer To Agents New To The Final Expense Life Insurance Business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6724692].message }}

Trending Topics