Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Offline Marketing
Register Blogs Social Groups Advertise with usHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 28th September 2012, 05:56 AM   #1
Internet Marketing
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 187
Thanks: 55
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default 9x12 success and more...

Hi offliners,

I'm becoming more and more passionate about this biz every day.

For those who don t know, and care a little bout ol me...

I ve done affiliate marketing in the past but lost interest.

I m 200% offline marketing now, set up a company, etc...

I sold one 9x12 Bob Ross' card in september in my local town. Only made 2,000 profit on it, but I also used 1 space for my marketing agency and 2 with affiliate offers(ok ok...) as I ran out of leads... Only 8,000 ppl in the town!

Now i m planning this on a larger city with delivering to 25k houses. If all goes well, this should make 6,000 profit.

I plan to hire commission sales ppl to bring this to another level.

Thanks Bob Ross for this.

At the same time, I made 2 websites for customers of the card. Cool.

Now that i m prospecting for the new card, I see that MOST of the prospects have TERRIBLE websites.

When I talk to them I explain them why it should be so and so... They find it interesting...

So what I d like to do is write a guide about it.

10 factors of a converting site - contractors version (I know, that sucks but you get the idea)

I'd redirect them to an optin page and would have an email series ready.

I'd love to hear what you d include in that guide. It's basic and obvious mostly, but I think I could use your help.

Thank you so much all of you, I realise my offline biz exists thanks to you, and will grow with your help too. I love WF/offline-forum

All the best


coffeecashnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th September 2012, 08:26 AM   #2
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 119
Thanks: 14
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

I have found the 9x12 to be a bit trickier to make a decent profit. Just browsing the internet and youtube I have found many people using the exact same template with very similar names. Obviously they bought the 9x12 system by BobRoss.

In my opinion, the layout is not aesthetically pleasing to look at as it could be. With some creative ingenuity it can be changed... However, it is a very good idea, and if done correctly can yield some wonderful results. It also can lead to many different avenues for potential upselling.

Websites, mobile websites, SMS marketing, SEO, Google Places, Facebook etc.

I find advertisers want to work with industry authorities and if you come across as a "jack of all trades" it reflects poorly. I tend to stick to one thing and let other upsells come along naturally or in conversation.

My trick is to "plant the seed" so to speak in someone's head and make them think they figured out they need a mobile website or SEO. Then we start a deeper conversation about it and then you tell them you can do it.

So... if you have had success with the postcard with one client, stick to it and let the other upsells happen naturally. Trying planting that seed- it works. All it takes is one sell- they tell their friends and then their friends tell their friends and so on and so on.

Cheers!
BIG DEALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th September 2012, 08:50 AM   #3
Internet Marketing
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 187
Thanks: 55
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Hi,

I didn t mention it but I do this in France. I actually find the design pretty nice!

I present the company as a marketing agency that helps businesses get more sales through a few different medias. 1 of them is the card, 1 of them is online marketing.

Thanks a lot for your input, but I still want to provide businesses with this guide. It will help them a lot I think.

I know it s better to specialize in 1 thing. My thing is online marketing. The card is an additional service. At least in my mind it s that way.

O.


coffeecashnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th September 2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Mike Major
War Room Member
 
The Offline Advisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: The Global Village
Posts: 59
Thanks: 68
Thanked 78 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

To do this in France is a real achievement! Three years ago, I tried to help a young friend set up something very similar but the "Red Tape" killed it.

You can't even send an invoice to a customer unless your business has been approved by the local Chamber of Commerce!

Business advice from a bona fide Business Consultant
The Offline Advisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th September 2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Internet Marketing
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 187
Thanks: 55
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Well, you have to properly set up your company first... but nothing is impossible!


coffeecashnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th September 2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Senior Warrior Member
 
misterme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,168
Thanks: 317
Thanked 990 Times in 554 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecashnow View Post
I'd love to hear what you d include in that guide.
I'd write the top ten things 'you don't know to know about' and then have a couple of quick paragraphs on each of the ten points that if the customer went to a competitor, would trip up the competitor.

That's what I did with my "20 Questions To Ask Wedding Photographers." All factual stuff. Nothing misleading. All helpful to the customer. But things I know to ask that trip up most of the competition because the competition uses ploys - while it also positions you as the obvious expert.

"Best book on answering objections I have seen... it's for photographers but it has brilliant techniques you can use in any business." - Claude Whitacre. When They Say That, You Say This (Amazon Kindle)
misterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th September 2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Senior Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 1,692
Thanks: 807
Thanked 476 Times in 363 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

I will be implementing Bob's method soon.
I am re-designing the layout to suite me.
My problem is finding a printer to print a mock-up.
Most don't print anything that size, or require a large quantity when I only need two.

As far as the report.... I have one that I will be using during October for a promotion.
Same exact principles as yours just 5 instead of 10.
Mine will be going to people who already expressed an interest in re-designing their site.
The report will serve as a way to let them know what else their site needs.
The reason mine are $1500 while others are $500 or less.

I also have a report on the ten reasons you should pay more than $1000 for a site.

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone
- Neale Donald Wilson -
vndnbrgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th September 2012, 08:07 PM   #8
www.NicheBizIdeas.com
War Room Member
 
MartinBuckley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,207
Thanks: 195
Thanked 761 Times in 208 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

I agree with you that hiring commission sales reps is the next way to go to increase your ad sales. I more than doubled my pizza card sales once I took on a few commission sales reps.

Congrats on your success and I wish you much more.

All the best,

Martin

MartinBuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th September 2012, 09:27 PM   #9
Business Builder
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 368
Thanks: 136
Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

I'm curious, what's Bob Ross' 12x9 card?

Thanks!

NOTHING FOR YOU HERE!
brik2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th September 2012, 03:45 AM   #10
Simple Marketing Warrior
 
SangGuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Borneo Island
Posts: 95
Thanks: 60
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Sometimes offline is better than IM... Take my congrat on it my friends..

Work HARD n SMART...^_^
SangGuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th September 2012, 04:10 AM   #11
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 289
Thanks: 233
Thanked 62 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brik2500 View Post
I'm curious, what's Bob Ross' 12x9 card?

Thanks!
This is a Bob Ross 12x9 Card!



want2knowhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th September 2012, 06:39 AM   #12
Internet Marketing
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 187
Thanks: 55
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Nice to hear you're making it happen!
I just went to my local printer and printed 1, for like 50cts maybe. Was no problem at all. Had no coating but it s ok.

I wouldn t mind seeing what s in your report the 2 of them actually :0

Thank you and let us know what desing you come up with! I actually love the one from Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnbrgj View Post
I will be implementing Bob's method soon.
I am re-designing the layout to suite me.
My problem is finding a printer to print a mock-up.
Most don't print anything that size, or require a large quantity when I only need two.

As far as the report.... I have one that I will be using during October for a promotion.
Same exact principles as yours just 5 instead of 10.
Mine will be going to people who already expressed an interest in re-designing their site.
The report will serve as a way to let them know what else their site needs.
The reason mine are $1500 while others are $500 or less.

I also have a report on the ten reasons you should pay more than $1000 for a site.


coffeecashnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th September 2012, 06:41 AM   #13
Internet Marketing
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 187
Thanks: 55
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Hi MArtin,

First of all, thanks!

I know it s the best way to go to grow this, that s obvious. Though here this is a difficult thing and it costs lots of money. But I have to find a way for it to happen.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinBuckley View Post
I agree with you that hiring commission sales reps is the next way to go to increase your ad sales. I more than doubled my pizza card sales once I took on a few commission sales reps.

Congrats on your success and I wish you much more.

All the best,

Martin


coffeecashnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th September 2012, 06:43 AM   #14
Internet Marketing
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 187
Thanks: 55
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Thanks! I like the fact that it puts you back in the real world, make you go out and meet people. thins kinda stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SangGuna View Post
Sometimes offline is better than IM... Take my congrat on it my friends..


coffeecashnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th September 2012, 07:46 AM   #15
Postcard Pioneer
War Room Member
 
bob ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,034
Thanks: 1,646
Thanked 1,372 Times in 502 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

About the layout, I spent A LOT of time figuring it out. I know some people say it's not symmetrical or appeasing but here are the reasons for my layout:

1.) I wanted every ad to look almost independent and unique. The different sizing allows me to price them at different points or fabricate value on the fly. I can always build value when I'm pitching by telling them that 'the top left position is the one people first see' or that the biggest ads obviously cost more, etc.

2.) I wanted the logo and brand information in the center-ish of the card becuase that's what I want them to recognize first. Putting the logo and info on an edge made the card look too much like a big coupon sheet and I want my brand seen instantly.

3.) I didn't want the card to look like a giant row of coupons (which happens when you do symmetrical ads), because I didn't want the advertisers to feel that they'd be the same as everyone else on the card. I spent countless hours printing and designing different layouts that would make 7 ads look as few as possible. The advertisers need to feel that there are as few ads as possible and with this layout you'd never guess when first looking at it that there's 16 or more on the card.

7.) I later added an eighth ad to the front, which is a really small one that has worked extremely well. I can sell that spot in a bind for cheap (due to the size) and if there are spots I'm having trouble filling, I can upgrade the advertiser to a big spot for free, which creates a ton of value. I sold something like 6 or 7 small spot ads for $395 on one campaign and upgraded them all to big spots which made them incredibly happy with me.

This is also a really good strategy to get in with a prospect that you really want on a card but you don't want to blow it. Tell them you have this small spot for really cheap if they want to go along for the ride on 10,000 postcards with local biz's. Sometimes they'll walk themselves up to a bigger ad without you having to upgrade them.

8.) If you put any coupon in the center, it's going to be a real b*tch for the consumer to cut out. This limits your layout options quite a bit.

So as a recap for my personal layout:

I want to be able to price different spots uniquely due to position and size
I want my brand to be seen instantly and not on an edge
I want the advertisers to think there are as few neighboring ads as possible
I want to be able to charge a small amount for a tiny ad, allowing me to upgrade and create 'overdelivery'.
I don't want anyone to have to cut a coupon out in the center of the card, they should all be located around the edges so that it's easy to cut the coupons.

bob ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th September 2012, 11:07 AM   #16
Copywriter
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

My problem is finding a printer to print a mock-up.
Most don't print anything that size, or require a large quantity when I only need two.


Go to Staples. They did mine for nothing. First, anything bigger than 11 inches, the Richmond, VA store I went to has to send to a Baltimore printing plant. Did that on a Friday and was told it would be back on Tuesday. But it didn't come back till Thursday. I used their 100 pound gloss stock.

The guy asked if he could give a quote and I said sure. So instead of paying
$3.40, he said it was free since they were pitching me. I think some of it might have been because it was two days late. So there's one place you can get it done. He called me a while ago with the quote.....$1400 for 10,000.

Or go to FedEx office....Kinkos. Guy there had a different kind of paper but quoted me $10. He said he did his stuff there rather than shipping it someplace.
Paul Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th September 2012, 11:46 AM   #17
HyperActive Warrior
 
wagsgraphx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 138
Thanks: 184
Thanked 40 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnbrgj View Post
I will be implementing Bob's method soon.
I am re-designing the layout to suite me.
My problem is finding a printer to print a mock-up.
Most don't print anything that size, or require a large quantity when I only need two.

As far as the report.... I have one that I will be using during October for a promotion.
Same exact principles as yours just 5 instead of 10.
Mine will be going to people who already expressed an interest in re-designing their site.
The report will serve as a way to let them know what else their site needs.
The reason mine are $1500 while others are $500 or less.

I also have a report on the ten reasons you should pay more than $1000 for a site.
You should have no problem getting a mock up printed. FedEx/Kinkos, Office Max, Office Depot, Staples,UPS stores, Sir Speedy Print shops, these all have full color digital presses or copiers. They can all run 100# Cover stock and run a mock up on a 12 x 18 sheet of stock. It would probably cost $2 a piece for a double sided card. Just supply them with a PDF and it should be no problem. If you need advice on setting up you file, PM me.
wagsgraphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30th September 2012, 02:11 PM   #18
Internet Marketing
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 187
Thanks: 55
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Totally agree with you. Except that we still have to put some coupons away from the edge as we don t want them on the same spot on both side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob ross View Post
About the layout, I spent A LOT of time figuring it out. I know some people say it's not symmetrical or appeasing but here are the reasons for my layout:

1.) I wanted every ad to look almost independent and unique. The different sizing allows me to price them at different points or fabricate value on the fly. I can always build value when I'm pitching by telling them that 'the top left position is the one people first see' or that the biggest ads obviously cost more, etc.

2.) I wanted the logo and brand information in the center-ish of the card becuase that's what I want them to recognize first. Putting the logo and info on an edge made the card look too much like a big coupon sheet and I want my brand seen instantly.

3.) I didn't want the card to look like a giant row of coupons (which happens when you do symmetrical ads), because I didn't want the advertisers to feel that they'd be the same as everyone else on the card. I spent countless hours printing and designing different layouts that would make 7 ads look as few as possible. The advertisers need to feel that there are as few ads as possible and with this layout you'd never guess when first looking at it that there's 16 or more on the card.

7.) I later added an eighth ad to the front, which is a really small one that has worked extremely well. I can sell that spot in a bind for cheap (due to the size) and if there are spots I'm having trouble filling, I can upgrade the advertiser to a big spot for free, which creates a ton of value. I sold something like 6 or 7 small spot ads for $395 on one campaign and upgraded them all to big spots which made them incredibly happy with me.

This is also a really good strategy to get in with a prospect that you really want on a card but you don't want to blow it. Tell them you have this small spot for really cheap if they want to go along for the ride on 10,000 postcards with local biz's. Sometimes they'll walk themselves up to a bigger ad without you having to upgrade them.

8.) If you put any coupon in the center, it's going to be a real b*tch for the consumer to cut out. This limits your layout options quite a bit.

So as a recap for my personal layout:

I want to be able to price different spots uniquely due to position and size
I want my brand to be seen instantly and not on an edge
I want the advertisers to think there are as few neighboring ads as possible
I want to be able to charge a small amount for a tiny ad, allowing me to upgrade and create 'overdelivery'.
I don't want anyone to have to cut a coupon out in the center of the card, they should all be located around the edges so that it's easy to cut the coupons.


coffeecashnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12th October 2012, 05:04 PM   #19
Prdesjarlais
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinBuckley View Post
I agree with you that hiring commission sales reps is the next way to go to increase your ad sales. I more than doubled my pizza card sales once I took on a few commission sales reps.

Congrats on your success and I wish you much more.

All the best,

Martin
I've been struggling with structuring a descent commission plan for sales reps, how did you come up with yours?
prdesjarlais is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15th October 2013, 07:48 PM   #20
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Does anyone have a email and/or what they hand the business owner that they could pm me or email me plz.
Thanks!
aghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24th October 2013, 09:46 PM   #21
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Achiz768's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Austin | Houston, TX
Posts: 35
Thanks: 24
Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Hey SWK- I may have some samples you can purchase...PM me if you're still interested.. aghost--have you bought Bob Ross's 9x12 system already? He has scripts in his training..also be sure to join his private forum for lots of good ways to get advertisers.
Achiz768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th November 2013, 09:59 AM   #22
Joe Hash
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

this is my first post on WF ever, and I was just wondering where the scripts are in his training? I paid for the 9x12 system and don't see that portion in the downloaded folder.
Joe Hash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th November 2013, 07:30 PM   #23
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 126
Thanks: 46
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hash View Post
this is my first post on WF ever, and I was just wondering where the scripts are in his training? I paid for the 9x12 system and don't see that portion in the downloaded folder.


If you bought the 9x12 system then there should be 9 pdf's & 1 readme file so look for the "pitching & closing" pdf that should be what your looking for.
tinknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12th November 2013, 01:14 AM   #24
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 85
Thanks: 2
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Just read through most of the original thread, (which had inspired me to try this), to pick up any new tips.
There were a lot of people on there cutting bait and not fishing!
This is not very difficult to do.
Go online get some good printing prices, check the local PO for delivery details/costs.
I live in a very small country town. My deliver total is only 1580 and there are only about 50 or so businesses. So I limited my ads to 12, 6 each side.
Based roughly on a price ratio of $495 for 10,000, I priced my ads at $95.
Sold all 12 in about 2 weeks.
OK, so I am only making a small profit on this one, but the next town has about 3,000 addresses, so I will make about $1,200. Then on to some nearby larger towns where I will send out 10,000 and make about $3,000. I am limiting the number of ads to 12 so that there is more value ie larger ads and less work to do than trying to get 16. Also some will probably pull out after the first one so it's good to have plenty of businesses as back ups.
If I can sell 12 ad spots in a small country town, then I shouldn't have any problems in a city! The thing to remember is that if you do this properly, that $3,000 per month is recurring income.

Mobile Sites/Web Sites/Mobile Marketing
http://www.zapmedia.com.au
ozlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12th November 2013, 01:39 AM   #25
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 591
Thanks: 6
Thanked 49 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Good work, scale up now!!
9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12th November 2013, 05:46 AM   #26
Peter J Osterberg
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Globaly
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Offline is the new online, i think you are going in the right direction. Online will take it global though. Great post...
Freeyourtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st December 2013, 09:55 PM   #27
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 145
Thanks: 147
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
If you bought the 9x12 system then there should be 9 pdf's & 1 readme file so look for the "pitching & closing" pdf that should be what your looking for.
@Tinknocker,

you said above that when you bought the 9X12 system from Bob Ross, there should be 9 pdf's & 1 read me file.

I just bought the 9X12 system just before Christmas 2013 and I only got the following 5 pdf's:

Main Report
EDDM - Walkthrough
High Response Offers
Layout-mockups
secret printing strategy

What are the other 4 pdf's that seem to be missing from what he sent me?

Thank you in advance.
IMBlest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd January 2014, 02:58 AM   #28
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 145
Thanks: 147
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: 9x12 success and more...

@Tinknocker

Please ignore my previous post because after I posted that, I also pm'ed Bob Ross and he emailed me the missing 4 pdf's and read me file.

He said that I didn't get the other 4 pdf's and read me file when I bought around Christmas 2013 because the other 4 pdf's were only included in the earlier extended version.

But he was nice enough to send them to me yesterday anyway.
IMBlest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Offline Marketing

Bookmarks

Tags
9x12, success

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:30 PM.