My killer Voicemail Script that gets prospects Eagerly and Instantly calling you back

Profile picture of the author mark healy by mark healy Posted: 10/04/2012
Hi

I have been experimenting the last 2 weeks and as i was doing cold calling i noticed that at certain times of the day when i called prospects that it went to voicemail. I got annoyed so i came up with a script where i left a message and they called me back instantly. (ie investment from the prospect).

It has worked so well for me, that i thought it would help others who also get this.

Yes you could phone back and even if you do leave a message, who is going to want to call telemarketer back. Well i found a way.You may need to tweak it slightly for your own service etc.This can be used for any service. just replace the service i use with your own service in the script.

RULES I LEARNED:

1. talk to them like you talk to a friend
2. Qualify them ( are they a suitable client for you) never beg for business.The mental mindset frame should be your service is in demand locally.Use social proof in your message,ie other dentists etc that you have done websites for etc
3. Never come across as a sales person, become a trusted advisor

For home based business:

Hi ( name of person) its ( your name).I am calling you back to get you the information you requested.I have been with the company a few weeks and I have already made X .Were doing some pre-screening interviews right now because there is a lot of work on our part in establishing somebody in a home based business. So if your serious, go ahead and give me a call back.I will get you that information and we will see if you have the qualities were looking for.At that point we shall decide if we are going to work together.My Number is XXXXXXXXX

alternatively i came up with this for my web design services. Can be used for mobile websites etc

Hi____, its ( your name).I am calling in reference to your new website.I have been with this web design company a few years now and other X dentists like__________ are already bringing in hundreds of new patients since we built their websites for them. We have decided to only work with 2 more dentists in the X area as there is a lot of work on our part.
So if your serious_______, go ahead and give me a call back.I will give you all the details you need and we will see if your practice is the kind of client we are looking for. At that point we shall decide if we are going to work together. My number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..
( i have had great responses from this one)

hope that helps.
#back #calling #eagerly #instantly #killer #prospects #script #voicemail

  • Profile picture of the author kimberly Aita
    kimberly Aita
    Thanks for sharing. Have you made any website sales with your 2nd script?

    Best of luck,
    Kim
  • Profile picture of the author Mwind076
    Mwind076
    Originally Posted by mark healy View Post

    For home based business:

    “Hi ( name of person) its ( your name).I am calling you back to get you the information you requested.I have been with the company a few weeks and I have already made X .We’re doing some pre-screening interviews right now because there is a lot of work on our part in establishing somebody in a home based business. So if your serious, go ahead and give me a call back.I will get you that information and we will see if you have the qualities were looking for.At that point we shall decide if we are going to work together.My Number is XXXXXXXXX
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "home based business" here, so that's confusing if that is actually the message you are leaving. Generally VM's don't work, and the only reason this one MAY work for you is because you seem to be lying, and banking on the fact that they don't remember they didn't ask you for information. Once they do realize it, you've set yourself up as a liar...which isn't really a good introduction.

    IF I leave a VM it goes something like this...and includes no lies.

    "Mike, this is Melissa, please give me a call back when you get back to your office, my direct line is ______."

    It's short, sweet, no lies, and peaks their interest because they don't know who Melissa is and why she is calling...it does what you are trying to do, without lying.

    I'd say about half call back, those that don't I usually continue to call and try to get on the phone, and when I DO get them I can say "I left you a vm the other day and didn't hear back from you, so I wanted to try to catch you in the office...did you get the VM?" When they say no, or that they haven't checked, I just say "that's ok, I'll fill you in on what I was calling about."

    I've done this for a long time, and it is never a good set up to lie to get anyone's interest. They will figure you out quickly and not be happy.
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Makarski
    Alex Makarski
    If your "home business" happens to be MLM, "flashing your check" is a bad, bad idea and can get your deal shut down pretty fast. At the very least, it probably violates your company's TOS / Policies / Distributor agreement.

    Overall, the purpose of the message is to get a call back, not to sell a website. And when they call you back, I suggest the purpose of that conversation is to set up an appointment. And then the appointment is there to present the goods to them.

    Spilling your candy in the lobby never works. You have to dance the dance.
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Makarski
    Alex Makarski
    What I mean is that I agree with Mwind076. His simple script is about the only one you can use if you hope to get a good number of your prospects to call you back.

    If I'm going for a face-to-face appointment, I may leave a message that gives bit more info (but still vague enough so that there's nothing they can say no to). I may say...

    "Hi John, my name is Alex and we've done a bunch of work for [name of another company in their industry]. I'm calling to see if I can get on your calendar for a quick 12 minute meeting. I'd like to ask you a few questions and help you determine if what do may be a good fit for you."
  • Profile picture of the author misterme
    misterme
    I think it's actually working more so because they really wanted what you offer.

    Here are the clues that make me think that.

    First off, qualifying and takeaways aren't effective UNLESS the prospect wants what you offer.

    Secondly, you mentioned "I am calling you back to get you the information you requested" so these prospects had already raised their hands?

    And finally, you had them act ONLY if they were "high probability prospects" by stating the condition, "if you're serious."
  • Profile picture of the author mark healy
    mark healy
    Originally Posted by misterme View Post
    I think it's actually working more so because they really wanted what you offer.

    Here are the clues that make me think that.

    First off, qualifying and takeaways aren't effective UNLESS the prospect wants what you offer.

    Secondly, you mentioned "I am calling you back to get you the information you requested" so these prospects had already raised their hands?

    And finally, you had them act ONLY if they were "high probability prospects" by stating the condition, "if you're serious."
    thanks, very much, yes and also you want to know before hand your ideal client so you can attract them and weed out the rest
  • Profile picture of the author mark healy
    mark healy
    Originally Posted by Mwind076 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "home based business" here, so that's confusing if that is actually the message you are leaving. Generally VM's don't work, and the only reason this one MAY work for you is because you seem to be lying, and banking on the fact that they don't remember they didn't ask you for information. Once they do realize it, you've set yourself up as a liar...which isn't really a good introduction.

    IF I leave a VM it goes something like this...and includes no lies.

    "Mike, this is Melissa, please give me a call back when you get back to your office, my direct line is ______."

    It's short, sweet, no lies, and peaks their interest because they don't know who Melissa is and why she is calling...it does what you are trying to do, without lying.



    I'd say about half call back, those that don't I usually continue to call and try to get on the phone, and when I DO get them I can say "I left you a vm the other day and didn't hear back from you, so I wanted to try to catch you in the office...did you get the VM?" When they say no, or that they haven't checked, I just say "that's ok, I'll fill you in on what I was calling about."

    I've done this for a long time, and it is never a good set up to lie to get anyone's interest. They will figure you out quickly and not be happy.
    hi thanks i appreciate your comment.Voicemails do work if done correctly and also remember that a voicemail wont work if your nervous, sound unsure or lack belief in your service on the voicemail message, even with the best script in the world.

    I have home based business and another offline business.the scripts are tailored to them.You gotta remember you need to stand out and peak their interest.
  • Profile picture of the author Mwind076
    Mwind076
    Originally Posted by mark healy View Post
    hi thanks i appreciate your comment.Voicemails do work if done correctly and also remember that a voicemail wont work if your nervous, sound unsure or lack belief in your service on the voicemail message, even with the best script in the world.

    I have home based business and another offline business.the scripts are tailored to them.You gotta remember you need to stand out and peak their interest.
    Most of the time we don't use a script, we take the conversation approach. After a few days of calls, we can just talk, hit the high points, know the product, etc. Your product/service should peak their interest, not a lie to try to trick them into thinking they asked you for info. I stand out by knowing how to converse, and gaining respect on the phone, I also know that if they are not interested (with good reason), I should move on and not waste time with gimmicks on someone who doesn't want it.

    As for the tone or your demeanor on a VM, I agree, there are not many people who should be leaving VM's. I don't recommend it if you're really new and have no idea how to use inflection correctly. Also, newbies tend to have to read when they get caught offguard and have to leave a VM, which is counterproductive.

    My knowledge comes from being a cold caller (daily) for many years
  • Profile picture of the author wiseweblady
    wiseweblady
    Originally Posted by Mwind076 View Post
    Most of the time we don't use a script, we take the conversation approach. After a few days of calls, we can just talk, hit the high points, know the product, etc. Your product/service should peak their interest, not a lie to try to trick them into thinking they asked you for info. I stand out by knowing how to converse, and gaining respect on the phone, I also know that if they are not interested (with good reason), I should move on and not waste time with gimmicks on someone who doesn't want it.

    As for the tone or your demeanor on a VM, I agree, there are not many people who should be leaving VM's. I don't recommend it if you're really new and have no idea how to use inflection correctly. Also, newbies tend to have to read when they get caught offguard and have to leave a VM, which is counterproductive.

    My knowledge comes from being a cold caller (daily) for many years
    Some good advice here - how you say it is just as important as what you say. Most businesses get bombarded with rehearsed calling scripts as it comes across as poor acting. Just be yourself and if your message and inquiry are honest, that will get you better results in the long run.
  • Profile picture of the author mark healy
    mark healy
    thanks for your comment. Yes how you say it determines alot, your tone and delivery and how confident you are.
  • Profile picture of the author mark healy
    mark healy
    Originally Posted by wiseweblady View Post
    Some good advice here - how you say it is just as important as what you say. Most businesses get bombarded with rehearsed calling scripts as it comes across as poor acting. Just be yourself and if your message and inquiry are honest, that will get you better results in the long run.

    Yes its important to tailor your approach to the business your targeting and keep tracking your progress with each call.You can outsource this task if you feel you cant do this.
  • Profile picture of the author ClearWater404
    ClearWater404
    I want to add that voicemails can be used as "point of touch" in your prospecting follow-up process.
    You increase your success rate exponentially if you have 5 points of contact or more via various methods.
    (You should always state the reason why you are calling: their "problem and their story", and leave your details so they can call back.)
    my 2 cents

Related discussions