how much would you pay for good telemarketing script ?

by 30 replies
Just a little poll - how much would you pay for good telemarketing script for selling webdesign , seo +hosting
#offline marketing #good #pay #script #telemarketing
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
  • Profile picture of the author Mwind076
    We charge 100 for basic scripting...BASIC.

    I wouldn't advise, want or trust a 20$ script. It would most likely be cookie cutter and not have any backup or the background put into it that a professional one would give you.
    Signature

    Looking for answers on how to SUCCESSFULLY market your company?
    Cold Calling, Appointment Setting, Training, Consulting - we do it all!
    PM for more information

    • Profile picture of the author smallbusinesstoolkit
      Originally Posted by Mwind076 View Post

      We charge 100 for basic scripting...BASIC.

      I wouldn't advise, want or trust a 20$ script. It would most likely be cookie cutter and not have any backup or the background put into it that a professional one would give you.
      how long are you scripts ?
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Click here

    That's how much *I* get paid, outside of WF. But that's not the market in here.


    EDIT: there's a lonely fella out there who likes to troll. Other people don't see his genius. On his little blog where he trash talks various forum members in order to get attention since his own public persona is an absolute zero, and no one else can comment, he posted another screenshot. In it, the total of my earnings was less than the value of the contract in the screenshot above. He did a little smartass happy dance, claiming that I was BSing the group.

    So here's a screenshot from tonight. The total is EVEN LOWER!! I must be the biggest BSer since time began!!

    Funny thing...Elance shows the earnings in the last twelve months in the profile. It's a moving figure. And I did three projects on Elance at well above average rates before realizing the clientelle was mostly bottomfeeders and moving on. So that total's going to go down down down...unfortunately our "smart" friend couldn't read the fine print. But as long as there are other people out there who are more worthy of attention than he is, he'll keep using our names and trash talking us to attract attention to himself. Well, good luck fella. You're gonna need it.
  • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
    Those prices are a joke. Not trying to be rude.

    But damn, those prices are insulting to real script writers everywhere.

    In the real world, its pretty standard to pay between 5000 - 50,000 for a proven script.


    btw, a proven working script is priceless.

    for instance my script. Nobody could pay me enough,
    the only way someone could get it, is to pry it from my cold
    dead hands.

    Why? because it is the same as printing money, its been tested and tweaked
    so well, for so long. I know exactly how much money it makes.
    Signature

    Selling Ain't for Sissies
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

      Nobody could not pay me enough,
      the only way someone could get it, is to pry it from my cold
      dead hands.

      Why? because it the same a printing money, its been tested and tweaked
      so well, for so long. I know exactly how much money it makes.
      The last call center that I GM'd was a fundraising company, back in 2007... NPS in Nashville Tn.

      I was in between business ideas and managed that place for a year.

      We had a VERBATIM script that had to be used, as do most call centers. I designed a credit card closing script for them because prior to that they had only collected mail in pledges and had been unsuccessful in getting the TM's to close with credit cards... That problem was solved by creating a TO system and closing department.

      Anyhoo...

      This script had been developed by the owner 20 years earlier, and he built his entire 20k per DAY business from it.

      He would not allow a telemarketer to deviate from a single word.

      From time to time we had hot shots come in "consultative sales" types... who would look down at our script reading telemarketers thinking "I can blow these guys away...." (Boy were they wrong in every case, literally EVERY case) and they would try to throw in their own words, feeling insulted at the idea of reading a canned script...

      They could not keep up.

      After monitoring thousands of calls, and fixing telemarketers every day who fell into slumps and getting them back on track, I witnessed for the UMPTEENTH time in my career that 90% of the time when a person fell into a slump, they had started deviating from the verbatim script, and also observed how getting back on the script brought their numbers right back up like clockwork.

      I LOOOOVE Kens words, and I'm going to steal them Ken , I will tell you right now.

      A good script is like a "money printer."

      It just prints sales over and over and over....

      You say it, you watch its consistent numbers, you determine what number of calls, using the verbatim words, yield what number of sales, and then you "ROLL IT OUT".

      There are alot of blowhards who think they are above verbatim scripts... but I guess that means they are also above fortune 500 companies who use call centers, because almost every one of them use verbatim scripts.

      It's just like ad copy...

      If you had tweaked your ad copy to perfection, to its highest conversion.... are you going to change the words every five minutes?

      No. You can change a single word and drive your conversion right down the drain... its that sensitive believe it or not.

      So not using a verbatim successful script is going to give you inconsistent results... Dont get me wrong...you will still GET SOME, even if your ninety year senile grandmother makes the calls, because thats the law of numbers.

      But if you want OPTIMUM results, you will use a script, I dont care what anyone on this forum says...

      Listen to a person (and there are a couple of them on here) who has monitored literally....I mean LITERALLY hundreds of thousands of calls.

      Wing it if you want, but you want consistent predictable results , then use a verbatim script.

      You may think its like a robot... but ATT thinks its like 100 million dollars worth of business....the yellow pages , yellowbook 360, all the big directories.... they all think a verbatim script is like millions of dollars in the bank.

      If you never managed a call center you may not be able to see this, but Ken and I have watched this same thing over and over- over LARGE bodies of numbers... We arent theorizing in any sense of the word (if thats a word).

      This is the reason that I guarantee if you are in a booth in Kens room, and he has to warn you more than a few times to stick to the script.... you are going to be a goner.

      You cant come3 in his room and say "I know how to do it...Im a good salesman", because he is going to say "Leave your ego at the door, because in here we use this script, and if you dont do that you may as well not even clock in".

      I know you will hear other schools of thought here... but most of it is coming from folks who havent really seen any big numbers to really be able to make that distinction. Most of them havent made more than a handful of offline sales in their life...

      Many of them are quoting from other courses they have taken.

      Im telling you from real experience... a good verbatim script is gold.

      My last boss, who did 20k per day with his same verbatim script for 20 years isnt any different from my FIRST one, who has used the same verbatim script now for over FORTY years...

      You want to be a hot shot? His telemarketers will eat you alive with their robotic script while you are struggling for a couple of leads per day winging it.

      A good script is a money machine. Just like Ken said "A printing press" for money.

      You get one, you wont want to change a single word, and you would be wise not to.

      Just to prove that Im not trying to sell you anything by posting this... I have a FREE report floating around here somewhere, (thetelemarketingwarreport) that has produced appointments consistently for over 200 documented Warriors here.

      Its a proven script based on proven concepts.

      Its simple, and you may feel robotic at first, till you own it... but if you do it consistently, it produces a consistent result. Thats how all scripts are.

      Here is an example of how much a verbatim line means.

      In a credit card close... I have discovered that the words "We prefer to do business by visa, mastercard, or american express, which of those is going to work best for you today?"

      Produce a certain predictable amount of conversions...

      By simply changing the last few words to "Which of those are you going to be USING today?"

      I DOUBLED the conversions over a room of 60 telemarketers... consistently.

      When a closer was falling behind I could almost predict everytime that he was using the other line.... because the second one was a bit more intimidating to say... they would revert back for fear of rejections...

      Upon monitoring them in almost every case I was right.

      A single line or phrase can be gold, and thats why verbatim scripts are like money printing ,machines... Good ones anyway.

      -JD

      Ps. "But John, if I use a verbatim script then I miss closing the guys who go here, or there... I will miss that guy out in left field who wants to talk about...blah blah blah...".

      Yeah, but who cares about the two guys out in left field, they are the exception... we dont succeed by exceptions.... we dont reach our market potential by catering to an exceptional guy out in left field...

      We scale by catering to the RULE.... if you are everywhere on the map you will get the random exceptions.... but if you stick with the program you get the MAJORITY....

      In short: Dont play to exceptions- play to rules.

      There are guys who make two sales per month who will argue this... but I bet they wouldnt last 2 days in Kens room where telemarketers get 3 sales per DAY....Hello?

      Day!

      Thats how verbatim telemarketers roll....and thats how large call centers roll out millions of dollars.

      They arent stupid- If you have a paragraph of golden words, that produce a predictable result- DONT CHANGE ANY OF THEM!!!
  • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
    A lot of people in here think a sale here or there is great.

    I guess we would blow their minds if they knew real sales are marked hourly.

    The numbers make all the wheels turn, and you just cant do that without a solid
    script... that gets used.

    If your still not convinced, look at it this way.

    A business, ANY business is about growth. Grow or die.

    You cannot grow, if your only guessing what your figures are.

    and if you don't have method for bringing in consistent money,
    then all forecasts are a guess.

    A script allows you to make accurate forecasts based on
    a proven track record.
    Signature

    Selling Ain't for Sissies
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

      A lot of people in here think a sale here or there is great.

      I guess we would blow their minds if they knew real sales are marked hourly.

      The numbers make all the wheels turn, and you just cant do that without a solid
      script... that gets used.
      Yup Yup!

      That's the absolute truth, and if you havent run a few call centers, and monitored more than just a handful of programs, then you arent qualified to know what is absolute or not...Ken just told you!

      Take or leave it folks. Its your "call"

      Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post


      You cannot grow, if your only guessing what your figures are.

      and if you don't have method for bringing in consistent money,
      then all forecasts are a guess.

      A script allows you to make accurate forecasts based on
      a proven track record.
      There is so much truth in these words, that God should have put them in the Bible!
  • Profile picture of the author Maxwell Stinson
    In our company, we provide the call script and present it to our clients so they can agree upon whether they like it or not. It's all part of when someone goes with our telemarketing services packages.

    Why pay for just call script when you could also hire a team of callers?
    Signature
    B2B telemarketing: lead generation & appointment setting -- that's my game! Click here to learn more.
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by Maxwell Stinson View Post

      In our company, we provide the call script and present it to our clients so they can agree upon whether they like it or not. It's all part of when someone goes with our telemarketing services packages.

      Why pay for just call script when you could also hire a team of callers?
      Depends on your budget.

      If you have 50k for a "team" to develop on your script for a month ...and you are paying them enough money to care about your business...then "maybe".

      However if you only have a couple of grand, you would most likely be better off to call Mwind than to hire a large team.

      (Although as of this week 11/15/2012 I believe I just read that she is booked up ATM.)

      Why?

      Because for 1K-2k, a pro individual, as opposed to "team"..., will be able to give your script focus and develop with it over a couple of weeks time, whereas a large team generally will spread your budget over ten telemarketers simultaneously... and consequently burn through your 2k within hours or at most a day or two...

      That simply means that NONE of their telemarketers ever spent enough time with it to get any good at your program...Plus, you didnt pay them enough money to really care about your business that much. There are exceptions but in most cases thats how it works.

      To an INDIVIDUAL telemarketer, 2k is decent business, worth earning...and they can make that last 8 hours per day for two weeks and really get good at your script.

      IMO though, if you have fifty thousand, you are better off building your own team with it.

      Not to "block"... seriously. Apologies if it seems like it.

      Just telling it like I have experienced it. I have no horse in this caller for hire race personally.


      Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

      Click here

      That's how much *I* get paid, outside of WF. But that's not the market in here.
      Cool!

      So have you been able to quit your day job yet? Are you in business for yourself full time now? I know months ago you were looking for a job... but with figures like that, who needs one? Heck I'd just jump ship and go balls to the wall full time!

      Good progress Jason!
  • Profile picture of the author Mwind076
    I typed a whole reply to this...and then sat on my mouse. GOOD MORNING!

    Yes, to answer that one part, we are booked solid through the first of the year. In fact, that has birthed a new WSO. God is good

    As for the "free scripting" - I know for a fact that JD and I both answer regularly with scripting basics for many scenarios. If one wanted to find these, you only need to read and research our past posts for nuggets. I've never posted an entire script here, because they are not one size fits all, and if I did, then Joe Blow fails by using it with the wrong emphasis, or doesn't know how to bust it out right on his call, then he's going to come back here and blame me because he can't work it. That's why I don't post a full script. It will do you no good if it's not catered to you.

    Now, with that said...if you want real scripting, catered to you, with your standard rebuttals and ways to redirect, upsell - then you are best served by paying for it and having someone that knows how calls go (read: someone on the phones daily) to write your script.
    Signature

    Looking for answers on how to SUCCESSFULLY market your company?
    Cold Calling, Appointment Setting, Training, Consulting - we do it all!
    PM for more information

  • Profile picture of the author Steve Holmes
    Hi,

    My post wasn't supposed to be intended as derrogatory, just genuinely interested if anyone had a script to use.

    The reason I ask is I've called approx 500 businesses this week. I still did ok and have about £30k of new business for the new year but would like something preferably in the pipeline this week (they agree there and then).

    All i'm doing is qualifying people out but i'm no expert on the phone. Just thought why not see what i can do. If I can make that more efficient - then awesome. I'd rather ask the question from experienced people I respect rather than take 20 years through the same path.

    What I don't like is when people expert others to run their business for them, so I hope I didn't come off as rude. Just genuinely interested in learning.

    Thanks
    Signature
    "Live like you'll die tomorrow, Learn like you'll live forever" - M. Ghandi
    • Profile picture of the author Mwind076
      Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post

      Hi,

      My post wasn't supposed to be intended as derrogatory, just genuinely interested if anyone had a script to use.

      The reason I ask is I've called approx 500 businesses this week. I still did ok and have about £30k of new business for the new year but would like something preferably in the pipeline this week (they agree there and then).

      All i'm doing is qualifying people out but i'm no expert on the phone. Just thought why not see what i can do. If I can make that more efficient - then awesome. I'd rather ask the question from experienced people I respect rather than take 20 years through the same path.

      What I don't like is when people expert others to run their business for them, so I hope I didn't come off as rude. Just genuinely interested in learning.

      Thanks
      Understood, you should still do some research or read up on past posts. You can search the forum for things like "gatekeeper" "closing" "cold call" "sales call" - or you can read past posts from myself, JD, Jason Kanigan, and countless others here. Or, if you don't want to, JD has offered to give you some help if you PM him.
      Signature

      Looking for answers on how to SUCCESSFULLY market your company?
      Cold Calling, Appointment Setting, Training, Consulting - we do it all!
      PM for more information

  • Profile picture of the author Rob28x
    Great thread. I have learned a lot about scripts. I have never cold called before (can't seem to get over the fear factor for some reason) so I didn't realize how big of an impact they have. Sad part is I worked at a call center for 5 years, but it was for General Motors and I had dealership managers calling me when they had parts issues they needed solved. I was great at talking with them on the phone, just can't bring myself to actually calling someone to try to sell them something. I know it's the biggest thing holding me back from actually having success with something though. Just need to sack up and get over this phobia I guess.
    • Profile picture of the author Steve Holmes
      Originally Posted by Rob28x View Post

      Great thread. I have learned a lot about scripts. I have never cold called before (can't seem to get over the fear factor for some reason) so I didn't realize how big of an impact they have. Sad part is I worked at a call center for 5 years, but it was for General Motors and I had dealership managers calling me when they had parts issues they needed solved. I was great at talking with them on the phone, just can't bring myself to actually calling someone to try to sell them something. I know it's the biggest thing holding me back from actually having success with something though. Just need to sack up and get over this phobia I guess.
      I think you need to first decide what's most important to you.

      Like I say I'm not an expert on the phone, but I do know that what i want from life is "enough" to not care.

      It's not about "not giving a damn" in my opinion, but being appreciative and respectful of the fact that what you want is greater than what could potentially happen on a phone call. Therefore for me, I want it "enough" to be potentially moaned at one the phone and really, that's what it's really down to.

      From around 500 calls i had 1 person be rude to me, I remained polite and said my goodbyes. Next call.

      I hope you do give it a go - there first few you will be nervous but you just get used to dialling and thinking about the best that could happen rather than the worst.

      Best of luck!
      Signature
      "Live like you'll die tomorrow, Learn like you'll live forever" - M. Ghandi
  • Profile picture of the author Rob28x
    I must say, reading another thread about appointment setter's has me interested. Never thought about making money by setting appointments for other companies sales people. I have been trying to figure out something I can do that doesn't cost a lot of money. Time I have, money I do not.

Trending Topics