Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace

Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace (http://www.warriorforum.com/)
-   Offline Marketing (http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-marketing/)
-   -   Value-adds for my marketing co-ops? (http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-marketing/908278-value-adds-my-marketing-co-ops.html)

FormerWageSlave 27th February 2014 05:47 PM

Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
I'm looking to add value to my marketing co-ops beyond the 9x12 I'm doing.

I am building out a directory site for the area where co-op members will get the privilege of using the platform for deals/offers.

And for that I was looking at the WPSocial plugin, but I wanted to know if other Warriors had experience with other plugins they could recommend?


Other Value Adds?

I am interested in offering SMS services. Any platforms/solutions you could point me towards?

What else are you doing for your co-op that adds value, retains members, and helps encourage businesses to join, online and off?



Co-Op Membership Structure?

I would be particularly interested in brainstorming with those who have experience on how to structure membership levels within the co-op.

The more I add services outside of the 9x12, (directory site, sms, social, etc.) the more I see potential in charging a monthly rate for a core set of services and then offering them preferred pricing on the 9x12.

But it's a little wonky... the real profits come from the 9x12, so I want the co-op member to buy their spot on the card and keep it filled.

If, let's say, my pizza place drops off the card, I want to get the other pizza place on the card. But if the co-op exists as such that only one niche biz can be a member at any time, how do I reconcile that even though pizza place #1 isn't on the card, they are still a member, on the web directory, using sms, etc.

Any thoughts on that? I'm probably missing the obvious and I'm sure you fine folks can point it out.

FormerWageSlave 28th February 2014 10:41 AM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
(I probably should've put 9x12 in the subject line.)

AmericanMuscleTA 28th February 2014 08:09 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
Why not become a marketing consultant for these businesses? Sell them on the 9x12, then upsell on marketing consulting, list building (It's amazing how many business don't have a clue about list building... yikes!), 3D mail campaigns, etc. The options are limitless.

FormerWageSlave 28th February 2014 09:12 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
I am already a consultant for a number of these businesses. That's what I do. And there are many I simply never would work with as a consultant, but they're great to work with in the co-op.

I get the whole upsell thing and that is most certainly in the plan, but right now I want to specifically add features and benefits to the co-op itself. This is my first go at running the 9x12 co-ops and I feel like there are some things I can add to sweeten the deal for all involved. Any recommendations there?

joecarson1 1st March 2014 08:58 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
My best piece of advice involves getting your printing costs reduced or eliminated. Get a printing company partner. Advise you want credit [not cash or commission] for the printing referrals you send to them [your clients] against your printing costs.

Now how much easier will it be price and fill a card when you don't have printing costs!

How many more cards could you get into production...how many more client contacts would you now have who then need graphic artist work, sms, website, etc work done.

I also strongly suggest that you focus on selling postcard ad space and STOP doing anything else. Farm out sms to someone else and get quiet % from that partner. Farm out everything you can and simply get quiet percentage. Focus on just postcard sales and lots of cash flow will come your way!

David B. 1st March 2014 11:56 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
The printer will just end up doing a 9x12 or similar themselves once they see its profitable.

FormerWageSlave 2nd March 2014 11:53 AM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. Right now I use GotPrint. Done a number of print jobs with them and they've always been good, and the least expensive I've seen so far. Not sure I can set up referrals like that, but I will definitely consider how I could make that work.

My local printers are almost 3x as much as online prices.

As far as my marketing services, I am a very specific type of consultant. I don't do a la carte services myself. Not that I don't think it could be profitable, but I just don't enjoy the interaction, the projects, the client mindsets, etc. in that type of relationship. But I think a referral partnership like you suggested would work well for those things.

I'll also consider your suggestion about just selling ad space. But I tell you, finding a way to get them on a monthly recurring fee is really attractive to me. I happen to live in an area with 7 business districts in a 10 mile radius, each one a potential co-op with 9x12 card. Adding some conversion enhancement technology for retention in the program and even charging a small monthly fee could be lucrative.

Thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecarson1 (Post 8996565)
My best piece of advice involves getting your printing costs reduced or eliminated. Get a printing company partner. Advise you want credit [not cash or commission] for the printing referrals you send to them [your clients] against your printing costs.

Now how much easier will it be price and fill a card when you don't have printing costs!

How many more cards could you get into production...how many more client contacts would you now have who then need graphic artist work, sms, website, etc work done.

I also strongly suggest that you focus on selling postcard ad space and STOP doing anything else. Farm out sms to someone else and get quiet % from that partner. Farm out everything you can and simply get quiet percentage. Focus on just postcard sales and lots of cash flow will come your way!


RiskTaker 4th March 2014 08:19 AM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
What about a mobile loyalty and analytics app?

FormerWageSlave 4th March 2014 12:04 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
Yeah, something like that would be very interesting. You don't happen to know of one I can whitelabel, do you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiskTaker (Post 9003108)
What about a mobile loyalty and analytics app?


DABK 5th March 2014 10:19 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
Can you get them to give you their lost customers and you created lost-customer reactivation campaigns? And now you send postcards to specific people.

FormerWageSlave 5th March 2014 10:37 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
That's a good idea. I have done this for B2B clients (letters though, not postcards) in the past. I will ask around. Some owners are great at managing their business, building lists, etc. but others... well, I'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have.



Quote:

Originally Posted by DABK (Post 9007946)
Can you get them to give you their lost customers and you created lost-customer reactivation campaigns? And now you send postcards to specific people.


dominodivine 6th March 2014 02:43 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
Hey there ... Are you on Bob Ross Forum ... that is where you can get a lot of questions answered ... as far as SMS ... Trying looking for a person named kenyatta on the forum ...
I am actually using Lime ... I think he is too ... he has done multiple cards ... plus they key is the upsell your people to a M3 ... this allows you 9 by 12 card to rotate. Giving other people a try ... Bob Ross - Jake also has another program that he came out with call the 9 by 12 secrets where he talks about building more than a 9 by 12 .. in order to saturate the market with your brand...

FormerWageSlave 7th March 2014 10:05 AM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
No, I actually haven't bought any 9x12 products. I know there are probably good WSOs, but there are so many bad ones, I don't even bother with the WSO marketplace.

I put my 9x12 effort together from posts on this forum and what others are doing in other locales.

I bet it would be a good resource though, so if I can't figure my own way, I may buy/join to learn from the folks there.


Quote:

Originally Posted by dominodivine (Post 9010086)
Hey there ... Are you on Bob Ross Forum ... that is where you can get a lot of questions answered ... as far as SMS ... Trying looking for a person named kenyatta on the forum ...
I am actually using Lime ... I think he is too ... he has done multiple cards ... plus they key is the upsell your people to a M3 ... this allows you 9 by 12 card to rotate. Giving other people a try ... Bob Ross - Jake also has another program that he came out with call the 9 by 12 secrets where he talks about building more than a 9 by 12 .. in order to saturate the market with your brand...


dominodivine 7th March 2014 10:33 AM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FormerWageSlave (Post 9011928)
No, I actually haven't bought any 9x12 products. I know there are probably good WSOs, but there are so many bad ones, I don't even bother with the WSO marketplace.

I put my 9x12 effort together from posts on this forum and what others are doing in other locales.

I bet it would be a good resource though, so if I can't figure my own way, I may buy/join to learn from the folks there.

It is a great product ... plus there are a bunch of helpful people that's actually doing it.

Here is the forum ...Bob Ross Offline Forum

FormerWageSlave 7th March 2014 12:58 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
I assumed that the Bob Ross forum was only accessible to buyers of his WSO. Was I wrong in my assumption?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominodivine (Post 9011979)
It is a great product ... plus there are a bunch of helpful people that's actually doing it.

Here is the forum ...Bob Ross Offline Forum


cruisinman 7th March 2014 10:46 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
Printing Cost for 8.5 x 11 is less in many cases. Run a quote . . .

Publisher 8th March 2014 03:03 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
The referral for the Bob Ross forum is Zenyatta aka Scott Whitmarsh. He runs a great 9 x 12 product and also does SMS services. Check him out!

FormerWageSlave 8th March 2014 03:42 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
What do you mean by "the referral for the Bob Ross forum"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Publisher (Post 9014486)
The referral for the Bob Ross forum is Zenyatta aka Scott Whitmarsh. He runs a great 9 x 12 product and also does SMS services. Check him out!


Publisher 8th March 2014 03:48 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
Sorry, too much multi-tasking. No referral intended. Check out the forum and you will see multiple posts by Zenyatta. He also has a sms product available. Sorry for the confusion.

FormerWageSlave 8th March 2014 03:51 PM

Re: Value-adds for my marketing co-ops?
 
I see. Can I join the forum if I haven't bought the product?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:06 PM.