Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > Warrior Support Forums > Programming
Register Blogs Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 31st August 2013, 12:26 AM   #1
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Posts: 385
Thanks: 94
Thanked 87 Times in 59 Posts
Default wordpress question

Hi guys,

I have just received the following request from someone I designed a wp site for. Can anyone tell me how to do this in wp

can you add this <meta> tag containing the authentication code to the <head> section of your default webpage.

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="4B074622D1FE3827963A18029038691E" />

It is some sort of tracking code for bing

Confirm successful upload by visiting BingSiteAuth.xml in your browser

Cheers

Anton

anton343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2013, 12:37 AM   #2
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 1,689
Thanks: 3,412
Thanked 949 Times in 643 Posts
Default Re: wordpress question

Hi Anton,

It depends on the theme, but usually if you go into Presentation/Editor in the WP dashboard, you can edit your header.php and add that neta tag snippet in there.

click "update file" after you add it and you're done. Then visit the appropriate bing link to verify that it has been done.

I love life!
---------------
Karen Blundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2013, 12:48 AM   #3
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Posts: 385
Thanks: 94
Thanked 87 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: wordpress question

Hi Karen,

I thought this was the way to go but it looks like the theme I am using does not have the editor option.

Would it be ok to edit the php header file through cpanel

Anton




Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Blundell View Post
Hi Anton,

It depends on the theme, but usually if you go into Presentation/Editor in the WP dashboard, you can edit your header.php and add that neta tag snippet in there.

click "update file" after you add it and you're done. Then visit the appropriate bing link to verify that it has been done.

anton343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2013, 03:53 AM   #4
WP Dev & Design
War Room Member
 
David V's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: NH, FL, & Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 676
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 86
Thanked 229 Times in 185 Posts
Default Re: wordpress question

Quote:
Originally Posted by anton343 View Post
Hi Karen,

I thought this was the way to go but it looks like the theme I am using does not have the editor option.

Would it be ok to edit the php header file through cpanel

Anton
The editor Karen is referring to is the WordPress editor.(doesn't matter the theme)

Look in the left sidebar, you'll see the main menu item "Appearance".
Hover that (or click it) and you'll see a sub-menu called "Editor",
Click it.
Now, in the top right dropdown, make sure you're theme is selected.

Now look for the file called "header.php".
It should be listed in the column on the right.
Click it.

Now you can place the meta tag in there.
Make sure to place it in the same area as the other meta tags.

PluginCreationBlueprint is Closed!! JVZoo POTD!
if (!question_exist ('are_you_for_hire'); echo '<"99% Not For Hire">';
David V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2013, 06:47 AM   #5
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Posts: 385
Thanks: 94
Thanked 87 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: wordpress question

Hi David,

I believed this was the way to do it but as you can see from the picture there is no editor option




Quote:
Originally Posted by David V View Post
The editor Karen is referring to is the WordPress editor.(doesn't matter the theme)

Look in the left sidebar, you'll see the main menu item "Appearance".
Hover that (or click it) and you'll see a sub-menu called "Editor",
Click it.
Now, in the top right dropdown, make sure you're theme is selected.

Now look for the file called "header.php".
It should be listed in the column on the right.
Click it.

Now you can place the meta tag in there.
Make sure to place it in the same area as the other meta tags.

anton343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2013, 07:35 AM   #6
WP Dev & Design
War Room Member
 
David V's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: NH, FL, & Wherever I May Roam
Posts: 676
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 86
Thanked 229 Times in 185 Posts
Default Re: wordpress question

Likely what's happening is your theme is disabling the editor.
You'd have to find that and comment it out. Probably find it in the functions.php or just ask the theme developer.

PluginCreationBlueprint is Closed!! JVZoo POTD!
if (!question_exist ('are_you_for_hire'); echo '<"99% Not For Hire">';
David V is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > Warrior Support Forums > Programming

Bookmarks

Tags
question, wordpress

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05 AM.