Negative SEO

by infoseeker2014 7 replies
anybody hav feedback on how to best deal with negative SEO?

disavow tool?

Also, anybody know how to figure out the source of the Negative SEO?

Thanks.
#search engine optimization #negative #seo
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Originally Posted by infoseeker2014 View Post

    disavow tool?
    How does Google know you didn't buy last weeks WSO blast-o-matic link package for $7?

    You can bet they're harvesting data but I seriously doubt it's for making friends with webmasters.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9687552].message }}
  • Is fiverr in your web history?

    I doubt you would be able to find the "source" of the negative seo attack. Maybe it's competition? In regards to using the disavow tool.... There are mixed feelings about it. Either use the tool or do a redirect to a new domain.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9687570].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author infoseeker2014
      Originally Posted by ShoeNickel View Post

      Is fiverr in your web history?

      I doubt you would be able to find the "source" of the negative seo attack. Maybe it's competition? In regards to using the disavow tool.... There are mixed feelings about it. Either use the tool or do a redirect to a new domain.
      Thank you. If I redirect, won't I be in essence forwarding the "bad" link juice to the new domain?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9687598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Maguire
    Originally Posted by infoseeker2014 View Post

    anybody hav feedback on how to best deal with negative SEO?

    disavow tool?

    Also, anybody know how to figure out the source of the Negative SEO?

    Thanks.
    I'd count yourself lucky, that all your getting hit with are some spammy links. Linkspam is probably bottom of my list when it comes to Neg-SEO. 99% of the time it doesn't work, because 99% of the fools doing it, don't know how to do it properly. It's the same people that where trying to rank with it unsuccessfully 2 years ago. You need to know how to rank a page with spam, before you could ever know how to tank a page with spam.

    I could think of a dozen far more immediate and effective ways to perform Neg-SEO, none of which I would be willing to discuss here. But in short, Neg-SEO existed long before linkspam was ever included into the frame. A marginal addition to a long list of applicable negative acts that could be performed, is all it really is. It's just a lot more accessible and less intuitive weapon available.

    An existing strong link profile can mitigate against a linkspam attack, so that discounts the vast majority of affiliate and small business sites from surviving. The bad news is however, that linkspam Neg is a 0 numbers game. The more instances of it occurring the more popular it will become.

    It suits the current group of large Corpa sites who dominate most of the current commercial SERPs also. As they have the power to almost ignore linkspam attacks, while new start-ups entering the market have their necks stood on every time they hit page 1 for a keyword. And when the would be attackers take their place, they will be hit. And on the circle will go to infinity. All the while, the already established authority sites will just keep growing exponentially in strength.

    Give them guns, and watch them kill each other. Google is laughing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9687606].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author infoseeker2014
      Originally Posted by Kevin Maguire View Post

      I'd count yourself lucky, that all your getting hit with are some spammy links. Linkspam is probably bottom of my list when it comes to Neg-SEO. 99% of the time it doesn't work, because 99% of the fools doing it, don't know how to do it properly. It's the same people that where trying to rank with it unsuccessfully 2 years ago. You need to know how to rank a page with spam, before you could ever know how to tank a page with spam.

      I could think of a dozen far more immediate and effective ways to perform Neg-SEO, none of which I would be willing to discuss here. But in short, Neg-SEO existed long before linkspam was ever included into the frame. A marginal addition to a long list of applicable negative acts that could be performed, is all it really is. It's just a lot more accessible and less intuitive weapon available.

      An existing strong link profile can mitigate against a linkspam attack, so that discounts the vast majority of affiliate and small business sites from surviving. The bad news is however, that linkspam Neg is a 0 numbers game. The more instances of it occurring the more popular it will become.

      It suits the current group of large Corpa sites who dominate most of the current commercial SERPs also. As they have the power to almost ignore linkspam attacks, while new start-ups entering the market have their necks stood on every time they hit page 1 for a keyword. And when the would be attackers take their place, they will be hit. And on the circle will go to infinity. All the while, the already established authority sites will just keep growing exponentially in strength.

      Give them guns, and watch them kill each other. Google is laughing.
      Thank you! Great feedback. Any other tips you can give me? Any actions you suggest? Would you mind looking at the site yourself? I can PM the address to u.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9687963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sweezeter
    The only way to combat negative SEO is via link removals. Disavow tool doesn't work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9687671].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author infoseeker2014
      Originally Posted by sweezeter View Post

      The only way to combat negative SEO is via link removals. Disavow tool doesn't work.
      Can you expand on this?

      How do you do link removal when you're being hit from sites all over the world. So far it's 600 domains, 11k links, in 2 weeks.

      And it's all BS sites with no web masters, so ZERO chance of having links removed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9687953].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 104 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Warriors .... Warriors.... what would you like to LEARN?

    Good Morning awesome Warriors... I'm happy to announce that The Warrior Forum is planning to create our first COURSE. Yes... Powered by Warrior Wisdom... yeah!! Made at home. But before ... [read more]

  • 19 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    1 Billion Dollar - Really ???

    SEOptimization@1 in Off Topic

    Hey Warriors: Lets' assume you have "1 Billion Dollar" in your bank account. What would you do with this money ? Curious to know your views Cheers, Steve

  • 88 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How I Sold 985 Copies of an Affiliate Offer in 5 Days (Step by Step)

    When I first started online in 2002, it took me a year to sell 985 copies of anything. These days, I can typically do it in the span of a ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Best Use of EMAIL IDS/phone numbers to increase the sale on Amazon.

    Rajan Goyal in eCommerce

    QUICK Question: I have build a list of Email ids and phone numbers of customers who had a purchase on amazon in my product category....how can i make best out ... [read more]

  • 48 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    1 Powerful Concept that Grows Your Business

    Connect with people interested in what you have to offer. Mindfully. Versus desperately running from prospect to prospect, or from number to number. This idea sounds simple, and like common ... [read more]