Need Opinion On Providers Who Offer 20-30 High PR Bookmarks

by clean99 8 replies
Hi everyone,

I want your opinion on social bookmarking services that offer 20-30 manual high PR social bookmarks.

Usually you give them 1 title, 1 description and 1 set of tags and they do the work.

Since you give them only 1 of each, IMO it makes more sense if account from all 20-30 websites have the same profile names

OR is it better if accounts on all those sites have different profile names?

Which one carries less footprint and looks more natural?

Let me know what you think,

Thanks
#search engine optimization #2030 #bookmarks #high #high pr #offer #opinion #providers #seo services #social bookmarks
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author BrandishJay
    Originally Posted by Russerg View Post


    Which one carries less footprint and looks more natural?
    Neither. I know some people still have some success with this type of link building in a less competitive space, but it's not going to work for much longer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author clean99
      Originally Posted by BrandishJay View Post

      Neither. I know some people still have some success with this type of link building in a less competitive space, but it's not going to work for much longer.
      Social bookmarking is obviously not going to get you ranked but I think it should be part of SEO strategy for link diversification and social signals.

      Never had I any of my websites penalized because of building few social bookmarks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689523].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BrandishJay
        Originally Posted by Russerg View Post

        Social bookmarking is obviously not going to get you ranked but I think it should be part of SEO strategy for link diversification and social signals.

        Never had I any of my websites penalized because of building few social bookmarks
        Google has been pretty adamant in stressing that they don't take social signals into account:

        Matt Cutts: Facebook, Twitter Social Signals Not Part of Google Search Ranking Algorithms - SEW

        If they don't factor in facebook, twitter, etc then social bookmarks definitely aren't going to account for anything either. This of course is not at all implying social isn't important, but it's important for different reasons. I see social as more of a content marketing platform and a way to get your content in front of people who may want to link back to you, or simply direct traffic/leads. So the SEO benefit of social signals are indirect.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689584].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author clean99
          Originally Posted by BrandishJay View Post

          Google has been pretty adamant in stressing that they don't take social signals into account:

          Matt Cutts: Facebook, Twitter Social Signals Not Part of Google Search Ranking Algorithms - SEW

          If they don't factor in facebook, twitter, etc then social bookmarks definitely aren't going to account for anything either. This of course is not at all implying social isn't important, but it's important for different reasons. I see social as more of a content marketing platform and a way to get your content in front of people who may want to link back to you, or simply direct traffic/leads. So the SEO benefit of social signals are indirect.
          It also justifies your building more links to that page. More people share your content, you get more exposure which leads to greater likelihood of getting more links to your content
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Social bookmarks do not provide "social signals".

    Social signals do not rank webpages.

    As for your question, do it either way. It's not going to make a difference.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689554].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author clean99
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      Social bookmarks do not provide "social signals".

      Social signals do not rank webpages.

      As for your question, do it either way. It's not going to make a difference.
      Most of those services also provide Tweets and shares on FB or Pinterest besides just regular bookmarks.

      Are you saying that social signals are completely worthless for SEO? I thought they are at least a small part of the entire website SEO.

      Alright, thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689566].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by Russerg View Post

        Most of those services also provide Tweets and shares on FB or Pinterest besides just regular bookmarks.

        Are you saying that social signals are completely worthless for SEO? I thought they are at least a small part of the entire website SEO.

        Alright, thank you
        I have never seen any evidence that they impact rankings. Nobody has published a test ever showing it to be true.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689677].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author clean99
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

          I have never seen any evidence that they impact rankings. Nobody has published a test ever showing it to be true.
          But don't they somewhat justify you getting more links to your website if you do SEO yourself using Grey-hat and Black-hat techniques?

          As I stated in the post before this: "More people share your content, you get more exposure which leads to greater likelihood of getting more links to your content"

          Of course using those SEO services won't bring you more traffic and you will not get any real exposure but I'm saying that as it would look in Google's eyes.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689711].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 91 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Warriors .... Warriors.... what would you like to LEARN?

    Good Morning awesome Warriors... I'm happy to announce that The Warrior Forum is planning to create our first COURSE. Yes... Powered by Warrior Wisdom... yeah!! Made at home. But before ... [read more]

  • 19 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    1 Powerful Concept that Grows Your Business

    Connect with people interested in what you have to offer. Mindfully. Versus desperately running from prospect to prospect, or from number to number. This idea sounds simple, and like common ... [read more]

  • 2 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Can we trust Review Copy reviews of WSO offers?

    Hello all I have seen in various WSO threads, users asking for a review copy of the offer. Usually, the user then posts a positive review of the WSO for ... [read more]

  • 44 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How I Sold 985 Copies of an Affiliate Offer in 5 Days (Step by Step)

    When I first started online in 2002, it took me a year to sell 985 copies of anything. These days, I can typically do it in the span of a ... [read more]

  • 5 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    What basic life skill are you constantly amazed people lack?

    sunnykhan345 in Off Topic

    What basic life skill are you constantly amazed people lack?