Fascinating Article About Spamming Google

by consultant1027 10 replies
So how lucrative was gaming Google's algo prior to Penguin and Panda? Check out this fascinating article at Inbound.org. Confessions of a Google Spammer
#search engine optimization #article #fascinating #google #spamming
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    At least the story got it right, link spammer & not an SEO.

    LMAO at the transgender customer support, like that's important enough to mention.

    The Content is King was also funny: $12 Million & Content That Sucks
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10083347].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cosmit
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      At least the story got it right, link spammer & not an SEO.
      no difference
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10083527].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Originally Posted by Cosmit View Post

        no difference
        That's what I like about most link spammers, their idea of ranking long term is a week/month.

        An SEO will rank a page for years.

        The difference is shit links vs quality links on same/similar niche domains.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10083796].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          An SEO will rank a page for years.
          Reality it is but worth it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10083829].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WareTime
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      At least the story got it right, link spammer & not an SEO.

      LMAO at the transgender customer support, like that's important enough to mention.

      The Content is King was also funny: $12 Million & Content That Sucks
      Sucks in what way? Pretty screenshots? Maybe, but people want information, not pretty.

      I have a philosophy with my sites and that is to give my visitors what they want information wise. My sites would be considered ugly and the amount of info on one page would be easilty two to three pages on any wordpress template you care to pick. (side rant: I believe most wordpress themes use big fonts and lots of whitespace, not because it's easier to read, but rather it makes how little the person has to say, seem like a lot).

      My page views on my site is low because each page targets something and delivers the information about what it targets. No need to have three pages to deliver the content in one. They do fine and they rank well. I've tried wordpress and "pretty" themes and never drew the links I got to my ugly info dense pages.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10089794].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Originally Posted by WareTime View Post

        Sucks in what way? Pretty screenshots? Maybe, but people want information, not pretty.

        I have a philosophy with my sites and that is to give my visitors what they want information wise. My sites would be considered ugly and the amount of info on one page would be easilty two to three pages on any wordpress template you care to pick. (side rant: I believe most wordpress themes use big fonts and lots of whitespace, not because it's easier to read, but rather it makes how little the person has to say, seem like a lot).

        My page views on my site is low because each page targets something and delivers the information about what it targets. No need to have three pages to deliver the content in one. They do fine and they rank well. I've tried wordpress and "pretty" themes and never drew the links I got to my ugly info dense pages.
        You missed the boat.

        I never said pretty themes, you said pretty themes.

        The link I posted is about content, what traffic is looking for, not pretty themes.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10089834].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author WareTime
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          You missed the boat.

          I never said pretty themes, you said pretty themes.

          The link I posted is about content, what traffic is looking for, not pretty themes.
          I generalized on pretty. You talked about crappy screenshots as content and went and made pretty ones. My point was the crappy ones got the job done just fine and since they did, there was no point for pretty ones.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10090036].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yukon
            Originally Posted by WareTime View Post

            I generalized on pretty. You talked about crappy screenshots as content and went and made pretty ones. My point was the crappy ones got the job done just fine and since they did, there was no point for pretty ones.
            Yes, you generalized even though I never suggested pretty.

            There's a difference between looking like an amateur & looking professional when presenting content or a product.

            Now you know why apple.com isn't hiring fiverr gig rejects when rolling out new products.
            Signature
            Hi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10090055].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author WareTime
              Originally Posted by yukon View Post

              Yes, you generalized even though I never suggested pretty.

              There's a difference between looking like an amateur & looking professional when presenting content or a product.

              Now you know why apple.com isn't hiring fiverr gig rejects when rolling out new products.
              whatever, you know what I meant.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10090094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author consultant1027
    I wonder how much total money he pocketed and how much of it he saved/invested versus blowing. If he made a few million and didn't blow most of it, he could care less about long-term rankings and move on to doing something more meaningful in his life.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10089742].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 5 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How to Market a book?

    Hi guys. I need help marketing a book. Any suggestions? thanks

  • 4 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How to make money online as an 18 year-old?

    I have a real job already, but i also want to have a steady passive income from the internet...any suggestions how ?

  • 55 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    " Great Post, Thanks " Arrrggghhhh

    discrat in Off Topic

    Sorry just felt compelled to write this as I was scouring the Main Forum here today. I see some members ( mostly new but a few old) who felt the ... [read more]

  • 218 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    What is the main reason for the 95% failure rate in internet marketing?

    Here is my take on the matter: Look, a lot of people get into the internet marketing business only because of its huge money-making potential without having a love for ... [read more]

  • 40 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How to get free content for my newly created blog?

    Hello Friends, Recently I have setup a blog. And just copied 50-60 articles from different sites. Now, I want to get quality content for my blog to increase organic traffic. ... [read more]