I have a small business and have been looking into link building for the best part of a year to boost my website and the conclusion I have come to is that outsourced link building just isn't worth it.
This is just my opinion and I'm interested to hear anyone who disagrees, but it doesn't make sense for me to outsource
1. You run the risk of sites on a network promoting/linking to the same sites. Google is getting better at spotting patterns and my gut feeling says it will start to hone in on sites that do this, that's if they don't do this already.
2. There is no clear line between 'bought links' and 'Genuine outreach'. I spoke to a firm very recently that told me they only do great whitehat link building. This company was recommended by some top bloggers in the industry. When I enquired on price, they quoted me 200 per link. How do I know they are not buying the links themselves and then selling them on?
3. How do I know that there isnt some deal between the link builder and the website they get links from in that they will either be taken off in a few months or when I cease my agreement with the link builder.
4. If I pay a monthly amount, they will choose the path of least resistance and I would imagine I wont get much for my money. Some tell me they will get me 4 links a month
for 2000. I could hire someone full time for that who could build 15 to 30 genuine links a month with no risk.
5. Many of my competitors are building alot of links every month. I don't believe that you can compete with that if you outsource, providing you want genuine quality links
So there you have it. My opinion on outsourcing link building..