1) Find your keywords
2) Create your content
3) Setup your RSS feeds
4) Submit and verify to Google webmasters tool
5) Enter your Sitemap (for blogger.com it's your site/atom.xml)
6) Submit your RSS feeds to as many Rss directories as possible.
7) Create social bookmarks on the popular sites
8) Ping everything
This will have you up and running with your Google Index bait laid
9) Create a few unique but relevant articles and include your site's anchor text link in article bio box. (not in article to have to compete with your site)
10) Setup your signature in some dofollow blogs and ask/answer some questions
11) Rinse and Repeat until your site in on the top spot of Google
There it is folks....plain and simple....bulletproof and clear.....if you follow those steps you will almost always succeed in getting your site to the #1 spot in Google....other things come into play when it comes to keyword research so I left that part out. There are tons of resources on this forum that touch base on that aspect many times over.