Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Search Engine Optimization
Register Blogs Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 28th February 2011, 06:36 PM   #51
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Absolutely don't reveal your money sites but do you have an example site to showcase TZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ View Post
Cha-Ching

Don't be spitting your URLs out on this forum Josh. Never again!

Unless it's a domain you don't care about that much.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 28th February 2011, 06:39 PM   #52
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

It can be and it can also be a road full of pitfalls for the unwary. You have to kiss a few frogs to find some decent freelancers but once you find them they are worth their weight in gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
You're probably right on with this, Steve! Every time I ever thought about creating a site with content and interacting.. it just felt so .... "not me!" I don't even like to smile for a photo. Outsourcing would probably be a good solution.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 28th February 2011, 06:45 PM   #53
TZ
Advanced Warrior
 
TZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 606
Thanks: 6
Thanked 79 Times in 65 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
First of, why would you want to do that on 12 domains when you can concentrate on just a few great sites and grow them exponentially without fear?

I apologise if I appear aggressive, I don't mean to but there are a lot of new warriors here who have to make decisions on what path to take. Every day, there are posts on here about people losing their Adsense accounts because they have broken the TOS. I want to show these people that there is a better way that once it is up and running and growing can be as automatic as an autoblog and more lucrative in the long term, in fact it can potentially be income for life. I prefer to say I am passionate about this rather than aggressive.

I wouldn't call those examples of sites crap and if yours are better then I would be really interested in seeing an example. I am not asking you to reveal your money sites but you must have an example site that you can show. I assume zullit.com wasn't what you are talking about. I am not saying it is bad or anything but I wouldn't compare it with the huffington post or the other examples.

I didn't claim autoblogs don't earn.. Maybe you should read what I said again.

Your earnings are your business but I bet you could earn more if you matched your coding skills with some valuable, well researched, visitor oriented content. If you don't want to do it yourself, then you should discover the world of opportunities that investing your income in outsourcing can do to your bottom line. Computers and scripts are great but people still do a much better job and will do for a long time yet.
Yeah Steve. I get it, and I hear you loud and clear.

I'll make this clear to all my newbie friends out there.

Steve is 100% right when he says that passionately creating a massive domain filled with HIGH quality content is by far THE GOLD of the Internet, and if you have a strong command of the English language, and you enjoy typing, and creating content, do that first. And yes, Steve's product is worthy of the purchase.

I'll make this clear to all my intermediate level friends out there.

I am in this game to make money, and make as much money as humanly possible without having an office to drive to, employees to hire and pamper, business cards to print, or shareholders to suck up to. I am in this game to win, and I will write code that create domains that create as much profit as possible, without having to be strapped to a laptop for the rest of my life.

Funny if anyone thinks Zulit.com is my prize cherry. It's a cluster and sh*t show. ALL my autoblogs look better than that abortion.

I re-read your comment Steve. I stand corrected. You did not say that autoblogs don't earn. Probably read someone else's comment in the thread.

Wow guys - are we ever PUMPING out the content for the WF today!!!

$php_coding = "consistent cash";

echo ("Give me" . " " . $php_coding . "!");
TZ is offline  
Unread 28th February 2011, 06:57 PM   #54
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 479
Thanks: 41
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ View Post
Yeah. I get that. Just sounded like you were thinking about it. Are yours is ASP or PHP?
All php/mysql/javascript. I do asp at work for a lot of windows servers that we run sql2008 on but for the web, php just makes life easier.
guitarjosh is offline  
Unread 28th February 2011, 10:52 PM   #55
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post
You will laugh, i totally forgot i am actually offering something autoblog related in my signature - nevertheless, what you are saying there sounds pretty negative and i don't think you have a base to stand on when you say something like that.

Of course I have a base to stand on but heres the kicker. I wasn't talking about you with that line and I didn't even know you had that in your signature. You are a regular here and I rarely look at your sig anymore because I know who you are.

But lets be real and honest. I have sold things here and do you think I am going to see the dark side of my product and post on it here? So yeah if you are into autoblogging you are going to hang on to every possible positive development. Everyone coming in here with an autobloggin product or service is NOT going to say - wow I took a hit this doesn't work anymore or it won't soon because guess what?

They'd take another hit to their business. Over half come intothese forums aren't making anywhere near the money they are pretending to make and are making more selling their product. Common IM reality.

the part that did refer to you was the seeing an opportunity in using content Google already penalized for another site. Doesn't make any sense to me. To use another analogy its like getting cheap paint from your neighbor because the condo association stopped them from painting their house with it and trying to do the same. Sooner or later the chances are rather high their going to get to you too.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 28th February 2011, 10:56 PM   #56
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
I actually love it when people treat this market with this attitude. I'll gladly eat all the pie if you want to pass on your piece.
That come back only works when you haven't already admitted that you aren't even sniffing a thousand a month. Once you have its kind of empty.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 28th February 2011, 11:17 PM   #57
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
GeorgR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,306
Blog Entries: 16
Thanks: 73
Thanked 1,004 Times in 653 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
Of course I have a base to stand on but heres the kicker. I wasn't talking about you with that line and I didn't even know you had that in your signature. You are a regular here and I rarely look at your sig anymore because I know who you are.

But lets be real and honest. I have sold things here and do you think I am going to see the dark side of my product and post on it here? So yeah if you are into autoblogging you are going to hang on to every possible positive development. Everyone coming in here with an autobloggin product or service is NOT going to say - wow I took a hit this doesn't work anymore or it won't soon because guess what?

They'd take another hit to their business. Over half come intothese forums aren't making anywhere near the money they are pretending to make and are making more selling their product. Common IM reality.

the part that did refer to you was the seeing an opportunity in using content Google already penalized for another site. Doesn't make any sense to me. To use another analogy its like getting cheap paint from your neighbor because the condo association stopped them from painting their house with it and trying to do the same. Sooner or later the chances are rather high their going to get to you too.
Well i know that it was not primarily targeted at me, but since i started the thread i somehow felt responsible to reply since you implied a bias in the people "pro" autoblogging

I also got it with your reply when i spoke of an "opportunity", but you must admit that i didn't pull that out of my ***. Until now we did not hear about autoblogs taken a hit, as it looks the opposite is the case. (Whether this is a temporary fluke or not is a total different story).

Also..you say that Google penalized the content, which is not true (IMO) since Google penalized the article-directories and doesn't really seem to care/evaluate the individual article. The same article which is at position #30 on ezine now COULD be ranking top on your own blog and Google even opened the way up for this because they booted all big article site competition out...

So...it's legitimate to "think" that this is some sort of opportunity for people running autoblogs, regardless of the morale debate whether its "wrong or right" to do.

That there are other problems inherited with autoblogs people SHOULD know already...and in SEO many things aren't forever anyway

It simply should be interesting to "experiment" right now, and yes people need to be aware of the risks and everything..otherwise please dont.

Edit: And of course its not only an opportunity for autoblogs....even more for "real" and quality sites.

*** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
-> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
*** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
GeorgR. is offline  
Unread 28th February 2011, 11:20 PM   #58
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ View Post

I started coding and creating a better autoblog because I want to make more money without having to write all the content myself. Simple and honest.

You are very aggressive in your attack on autoblogs, and perhaps I know why. Perhaps it's because you make money promoting a different kind of product. That is cool and fine too, or maybe you just "have something against" aggregation of content.
LOL! Oh come on you can't seriously call Steve out on selling another product as the reason for his taking his position while you continue to push your "better autoblog" in the very paragraph before that.



Quote:
And by the looks of what is happening with the new Google update, our autoblogs will be earning over $2500 in March, so don't claim autoblogging can't pay.
No one has but putting up numbers no one can verify isn't going to cut it for those who have been around the block here.

Quote:
, when you apparently HAVE NOT coded your own scripts, and truly managed autoblogs, is flawed.
How many times are you going to allude to your product in your discussions? People do not have to program autoblog scripts to know the content that gets put out on them or comment on them and your claim that none of us are programmers is just flat out wrong.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 28th February 2011, 11:31 PM   #59
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post

Also..you say that Google penalized the content, which is not true (IMO) since Google penalized the article-directories and doesn't really seem to care/evaluate the individual article. The same article which is at position #30 on ezine now COULD be ranking top on your own blog and Google even opened the way up for this because they booted all big article site competition out...
Not sure what you are talking about George Google both indicated the algo changed to get better content and other sites besides article sites got hit so you are just dead wrong. Now I am sure there was something in there that targeted mass garbage sites but you are still not accurate. Content was the focus and its on going. theres been two algos changes related to this this year already and they plan on more.

Quote:
So...it's legitimate to "think" that this is some sort of opportunity for people running autoblogs, regardless of the morale debate whether its "wrong or right" to do.
I didn't comment at all on the right or the wrong of it. To me its a practical consideration. It makes no sense whatsoever to run down an "opportunity" to put up oogles of the same weak content that they are actively looking to target. Nada. So you THINK Autoblogs will escape untouched this time around but the bullseye is still on shoddy content going forward especially the same content
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 12:50 AM   #60
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 479
Thanks: 41
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
That come back only works when you haven't already admitted that you aren't even sniffing a thousand a month. Once you have its kind of empty.
lol. okay mike. whatever you say, bud.
guitarjosh is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 12:52 AM   #61
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Rsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN.
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 336
Thanked 383 Times in 243 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

I've sat idly by watching this thread and knew it wouldn’t be too long before the auto haters came around, I hadn’t planned on adding my 2 cents worth but at some point it just gets ridiculous and I have to say something.

I know there are people on both sides of the autoblogging fence, I for one am for Autoblogging but with a twist…I prefer to build high quality sites that do add value (regardless of what others may say). I add unique content to my sites that ties all of the syndicated content together and giving my own thoughts and impressions about all of it (adding value). I like to call it semi-autoblogging and feel that it is more of a hybrid. Having said that…I feel that is the direction that autoblogging is headed and already know many successful autobloggers who approach it this way.

Many auto haters will always say that autoblogs are nothing but spam and low quality sites and I’m sorry, I just can’t agree. That may have been the case a few years back when the software was designed to regurgitate nothing but keyword filled content in the hopes of ranking solely on quantity alone….that’s just not the case with todays capabilities.

As for longevity or possible revenue, once again…if you approach Autoblogging with the idea of wanting to create value added quality sites then IMO the sky is the limit. I won’t go into great detail here (as many of us know there really is no way to prove it) but I do quite well with my autoblogs, I would venture to say much better than many do with totally unique sites and I put in about ½ the work on a small army of them than those with “real”/”unique” sites do with just one or two.

Update - BTW...Adsesne isn't my main monetization method but I do have it on almost all of my sites and it does provide a nice little chunk of change each month. Am I worried about losing my account...no...because I build quality sites and am not violating their TOS.

Last edited by Rsberg; 1st March 2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: update
Rsberg is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 01:13 AM   #62
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 479
Thanks: 41
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsberg View Post
I've sat idly by watching this thread and knew it wouldn’t be too long before the auto haters came around, I hadn’t planned on adding my 2 cents worth but at some point it just gets ridiculous and I have to say something.

I know there are people on both sides of the autoblogging fence, I for one am for Autoblogging but with a twist…I prefer to build high quality sites that do add value (regardless of what others may say). I add unique content to my sites that ties all of the syndicated content together and giving my own thoughts and impressions about all of it (adding value). I like to call it semi-autoblogging and feel that it is more of a hybrid. Having said that…I feel that is the direction that autoblogging is headed and already know many successful autobloggers who approach it this way.

Many auto haters will always say that autoblogs are nothing but spam and low quality sites and I’m sorry, I just can’t agree. That may have been the case a few years back when the software was designed to regurgitate nothing but keyword filled content in the hopes of ranking solely on quantity alone….that’s just not the case with todays capabilities.

As for longevity or possible revenue, once again…if you approach Autoblogging with the idea of wanting to create value added quality sites then IMO the sky is the limit. I won’t go into great detail here (as many of us know there really is no way to prove it) but I do quite well with my autoblogs, I would venture to say much better than many do with totally unique sites and I put in about ½ the work on a small army of them than those with “real”/”unique” sites do with just one or two.

Update - BTW...Adsesne isn't my main monetization method but I do have it on almost all of my sites and it does provide a nice little chunk of change each month. Am I worried about losing my account...no...because I build quality sites and am not violating their TOS.
Very well said. I always know the inevitable end to these conversations and usually just let them go after a point because I know that since I can't really show what I'm doing, there's no way to make some people understand and they are either going to believe or they are won't. And indeed, creating value and making them unique is what I actually find reward in doing. And as TZ already stated, they afford the opportunity to not be strapped to a laptop. I don't need to be making a grand a month (yet) and prove the value in these. They work and simple multiplication is all it takes to understand the potential and value.
guitarjosh is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 03:49 AM   #63
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Okay, there has been an awful lot of hot air in this thread, which is normal for this type of discussion. I have read a lot from the autobloggers here about how great this "new era" of autoblogging tools are but I have yet to see a scrap of evidence yet...

All I want to see is an example of the type of site you can create with these great new scripts you guys have created. I don't want to see the sites that are earning you money or anything. I am sure you can throw up a quick auto blog on some throwaway domain to show us how good these things are.. Any takers? Heck, I will even throw in the domain and hosting if you wish! This is the 4th time I have asked in this thread, is any autoblogger going to take the gauntlet?

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 03:51 AM   #64
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Nobody is asking to see your money sites Josh, I wouldn't dream of asking for that but can you or can't you provide some sort of example for us to see of what you are creating with your scripts? I have even said I will provide the domain and hosting if you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
Very well said. I always know the inevitable end to these conversations and usually just let them go after a point because I know that since I can't really show what I'm doing, there's no way to make some people understand and they are either going to believe or they are won't. And indeed, creating value and making them unique is what I actually find reward in doing. And as TZ already stated, they afford the opportunity to not be strapped to a laptop. I don't need to be making a grand a month (yet) and prove the value in these. They work and simple multiplication is all it takes to understand the potential and value.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 08:22 AM   #65
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
GeorgR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,306
Blog Entries: 16
Thanks: 73
Thanked 1,004 Times in 653 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
Not sure what you are talking about George Google both indicated the algo changed to get better content and other sites besides article sites got hit so you are just dead wrong. Now I am sure there was something in there that targeted mass garbage sites but you are still not accurate. Content was the focus and its on going. theres been two algos changes related to this this year already and they plan on more.
Mike,

i never submitted "garbage" to eg. Ezine, in fact especially when i submit to ezine i always write an unique and usually lengthy (450+ words) article.

So how do you explain that the article(s), regardless of their quality and content, ALL dropped -25?

You say "content was the focus" while google speaks of punishing "content farms" themselves - i do NOT observe that any kind of article has been spared, EZA/Articlesbase whatever, no matter how good the article(s), ALL dropped.

I am pretty certain that G applied a "global article directory penalty" and does NOT care about individual articles.

(My last one on eza was 512 words, it was a pretty quality SEO related article, a product review, all right, but nevertheless coherent and well written since i like writing)

*** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
-> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
*** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
GeorgR. is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 08:48 AM   #66
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
GeorgR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,306
Blog Entries: 16
Thanks: 73
Thanked 1,004 Times in 653 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

I didn't comment at all on the right or the wrong of it. To me its a practical consideration. It makes no sense whatsoever to run down an "opportunity" to put up oogles of the same weak content that they are actively looking to target. Nada. So you THINK Autoblogs will escape untouched this time around but the bullseye is still on shoddy content going forward especially the same content
Mike,

you are wrongly assuming that all content which is scraped must be "shoddy". I cant follow that logic. Its neither a given that ANY content on article directories *is*shoddy (of course, there also IS shoddy content, who wants to deny that? ) - neither does it become shoddy by scraping and once it appears on an autoblog.

And until now there is not the slightest indication that Google indeed rolled out some intelligent algorithm which can discern between good and bad content...not the slightest indication at all.

Edit: I bet any amount with you that i or anyone else could write an intelligent, in-depth 800 words article about whatever, plasma-physics or nuclear fusion, with incredible in-depth information and scientific value..and that article would suffer the same faith as the 250 words "acai berry" article. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVEN.

*** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
-> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
*** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
GeorgR. is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 09:44 AM   #67
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post
Mike,

you are wrongly assuming that all content which is scraped must be "shoddy". I cant follow that logic. Its neither a given that ANY content on article directories *is*shoddy (of course, there also IS shoddy content, who wants to deny that? ) - neither does it become shoddy by scraping and once it appears on an autoblog.
Any site that is full of nothing but mass copied content is shoddy as far as Google is concerned. Thats why it filters out duplicates.

Quote:
And until now there is not the slightest indication that Google indeed rolled out some intelligent algorithm which can discern between good and bad content...not the slightest indication at all.
there is all evidence that Google was targeting content it does not deem worthy. It has nothing to do with Google achieving artificial intelligence for its system. It only takes the engineers coming up with signals that they think will hit the kind of content they are after.

I really was not going to get into the whole autoblog thing. My point is I don't think there is opportunity in duplicating content from sites that have been penalized

but George please do some reading around. There are people all over the internet claiming that their site was hit that are not article directories.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 09:51 AM   #68
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post
Mike,

i never submitted "garbage" to eg. Ezine, in fact especially when i submit to ezine i always write an unique and usually lengthy (450+ words) article.

So how do you explain that the article(s), regardless of their quality and content, ALL dropped -25?
Thats pretty easy. One the simplest is that sites that have a wad of garbage content get treated as bad neighborhoods just as a lot of other directories. Doesn't mean that content is not targeted it just means that once theres enough bad content (as determined by google) it devalues the whole operation.

and george just so there is no misunderstanding I never said you submitted garbage content. My objection was that there was some kind of new opportunity to scraoe content out of this.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 10:06 AM   #69
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

The silence from the autobloggers is a bit deafening.. It would just be nice to see a small example of the sites that you guys are claiming are better than the huffington post and others.. Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
Nobody is asking to see your money sites Josh, I wouldn't dream of asking for that but can you or can't you provide some sort of example for us to see of what you are creating with your scripts? I have even said I will provide the domain and hosting if you wish.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 10:17 AM   #70
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 479
Thanks: 41
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
The silence from the autobloggers is a bit deafening.. It would just be nice to see a small example of the sites that you guys are claiming are better than the huffington post and others.. Anyone?

Good day, Steve. Hope you're having a good one!

I would bet the other guys have the same mindset as I regarding this. Since I just talked about how rapidly my sites are making money and stated I was doing this with my own script, showing evidence of a site... and especially in this forum... would likely lead to quite a few running to try and emulate my site design. I can almost guarantee it would definitely spark a few ideas. And just like that.. I would have created competition for myself. Since my format is the same for a money or "non money" site, and since I have absolutely nothing to gain by showing my hand, I just won't do it.

Hope you understand!
guitarjosh is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 10:45 AM   #71
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Okay, entirely up to you. I just thought it was a good opportunity to showcase the talents of the autoblogging community. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go on thinking it is all hot air then and no substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
Good day, Steve. Hope you're having a good one!

I would bet the other guys have the same mindset as I regarding this. Since I just talked about how rapidly my sites are making money and stated I was doing this with my own script, showing evidence of a site... and especially in this forum... would likely lead to quite a few running to try and emulate my site design. I can almost guarantee it would definitely spark a few ideas. And just like that.. I would have created competition for myself. Since my format is the same for a money or "non money" site, and since I have absolutely nothing to gain by showing my hand, I just won't do it.

Hope you understand!

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 11:10 AM   #72
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 479
Thanks: 41
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
Okay, entirely up to you. I just thought it was a good opportunity to showcase the talents of the autoblogging community. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go on thinking it is all hot air then and no substance.
Yes sir. That is how we would prefer you think of it.
guitarjosh is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 11:34 AM   #73
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
. would likely lead to quite a few running to try and emulate my site design.

They'll try and rip off your design rather than

We Love WP – WordPress Gallery, WordPress Websites, Blog Designs, Designer Inspiration and WP Themes.
CSS Beauty | Gallery
CSS Drive- Categorized CSS gallery and examples.

Really now

Steve is right . the lack of proof is telling. this is an Im board. We know people fake it till they make it so all the talk without evidence is really not going to get anywhere with the regulars.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 11:36 AM   #74
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Yeah.. yeah.. of course you do. Actions speak louder than words and all that.. :rolleyes:

TZ are you willing to show us a small example of what you can do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
Yes sir. That is how we would prefer you think of it.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 11:39 AM   #75
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Rsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN.
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 336
Thanked 383 Times in 243 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
Okay, entirely up to you. I just thought it was a good opportunity to showcase the talents of the autoblogging community. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go on thinking it is all hot air then and no substance.


I think you would continue to think that regardless of what you were shown. I think Matt Cutts could show you an autoblog that he designed himself and you would still try to find something wrong with it or say that it would not hold up to Googles scrutiny.

It's your apparent attitude and obvious unwillingness to see any sort of logic or reason in others viewpoints (unless it agrees with your own) that leads those of us with credible autoblogs to not want to show you. You’ve been told on several occasions here in this thread (and it’s been stated on countless others on the WF as well) in great detail what we consider value added autoblogs, how we build them, the type of content that is eventually posted and even how that content is managed…hell, you’ve been given enough info here to build one yourself yet you’re still not satisfied which tells me you never would be regardless of what you were shown.
Rsberg is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 11:58 AM   #76
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 479
Thanks: 41
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
They'll try and rip off your design rather than

We Love WP – WordPress Gallery, WordPress Websites, Blog Designs, Designer Inspiration and WP Themes.
CSS Beauty | Gallery
CSS Drive- Categorized CSS gallery and examples.

Really now

Steve is right . the lack of proof is telling. this is an Im board. We know people fake it till they make it so all the talk without evidence is really not going to get anywhere with the regulars.
lol.. the flaw in your argument is that I would somehow care if I'm believed or not by "the regulars" (a nice attempt to portray that you somehow speak for all the experienced people in the forum) or more likely, you. Look at my comments preceding this and you'll see that I have maintained all along that I added to this thread only to "give" to the board and let others know that "yes, this is a very viable option for making money". So when you state that "this is an Im board", make sure you understand the distinction of someone giving to the board as I am doing here ... and someone being dumb and giving away trade secrets. Satisfying the curiosity of the only 2 guys that seem to demand proof means little to me. Walk by faith, not by sight.

Furthermore.. You don't need my site to see proof. Use Google! Look around! If it helps, here's a great example of a PR6 blog that is all auto generated.. with a couple sentences added to the bottom of each article to weave in some original content. 20,000 pages indexed in Google. This is a decent example of how to auto blog. FullosseousFlap's Dental Blog
guitarjosh is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 12:20 PM   #77
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

I have got a very open mind really and I would hold my hands up and admit I was wrong if someone can prove the bold claims about autoblogs made in this thread.

I have even offered to host and donate a domain just to see a small smidgen of what is possible with your great new scripts. Its not me that made these bold claims, I just want to see what you guys can actually do.

I can't see what the problem is.. You won't be revealing any of your sites, it will be a brand new site made by whoever has the balls to step up to the mark and prove their claims about the quality of these new scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsberg View Post

I think you would continue to think that regardless of what you were shown. I think Matt Cutts could show you an autoblog that he designed himself and you would still try to find something wrong with it or say that it would not hold up to Googles scrutiny.

It's your apparent attitude and obvious unwillingness to see any sort of logic or reason in others viewpoints (unless it agrees with your own) that leads those of us with credible autoblogs to not want to show you. You’ve been told on several occasions here in this thread (and it’s been stated on countless others on the WF as well) in great detail what we consider value added autoblogs, how we build them, the type of content that is eventually posted and even how that content is managed…hell, you’ve been given enough info here to build one yourself yet you’re still not satisfied which tells me you never would be regardless of what you were shown.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 12:46 PM   #78
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
GeorgR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,306
Blog Entries: 16
Thanks: 73
Thanked 1,004 Times in 653 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Don't forget there is also other means to automatically acquire content, eg. if your blog is using a blog network where content is published via the wordpress remote publishing protocol.

This means that whoever is submitting content to those networks is explicitly giving permission that his articles are published.

The same, by the way, with ezine, articlesbase etc. where re-distribution is actually one MAIN purpose and reason why people put articles on there.

Some might not know it, but you give EZA etc. your permission that the articles are getting redistributed. (Of course, assuming it stays all kosher with links unaltered).

Not all is "shoddy" at the first glance, people. Its in the eye of the beholder.

(I always have to grin a bit since some newbie article marketers use giant sites like EZA etc. and then are ALL UPSET if they see their articles floating around on the web.)

*** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
-> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
*** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
GeorgR. is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 01:18 PM   #79
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 479
Thanks: 41
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
I have even offered to host and donate a domain...
That's genius. Let's take the scripts for the sites we won't show you and upload them all to your server so that we can prove to you that they exist for absolutely no other reason than to satisfy your curiosity. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!

And someone needs to do it if they "have the balls"?!! Seriously?

Dude.. let it freaking go. You now have 4 people testifying it works.. and it works well. And I even provided a blog elsewhere that is obviously doing well. MORE Proof?!!! Seriously???!! Read between the lines and apply a small amount of intellect. I'm literally getting embarrassed for you guys.
guitarjosh is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 01:19 PM   #80
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Rsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN.
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 336
Thanked 383 Times in 243 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
I can't see what the problem is.. You won't be revealing any of your sites, it will be a brand new site made by whoever has the balls to step up to the mark and prove their claims about the quality of these new scripts.
The problem is (as was already explained to you) that who ever built this new site to show would then be giving away their trade secrets (so to speak). No one I know would do that and for you to ask someone to do that seems a bit garish, to me it says that you're looking to argue and would most likely use the fact that they wont build an example site as ammunition against them (see below).

"They must all be full of crap because I offered to pay for everything and they still wont do it"

Kind of like you're doing in the quote above actually...
Rsberg is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 02:15 PM   #81
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

STOP!! For the last time.. I HAVEN'T ASKED TO SEE ANY MONEY SITES OR ANY SITES YOU ALREADY OWN!

Sorry for the shouting but it seems that message just isn't getting through.. :confused:
Can someone just show me a simple example by building one on a domain I supply on hosting that I supply... Strewth.. Why is this so hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys101place View Post
I belong to a local bloggers club and we meet every couple weeks. In my group, there is one gentleman that does nothing else but auto blog. He has shown me many of his sites and his AdSense income, which is well over $2000 a month. He too is very secretive about showing his sites and won't typically even show others in the group. Although I thought it odd at first, I have come to completely understand. I'm kind of shocked by the pressure here to show them. I personally wouldn't either.

So you'll have to add me to the list of believers. :-)

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 02:21 PM   #82
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

You are right Josh.. I will let it go, this is pointless. Did I tell you I was the king of England? Honest it's true! Your reticence to demonstrate something very simple tells more of a story than anything mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
That's genius. Let's take the scripts for the sites we won't show you and upload them all to your server so that we can prove to you that they exist for absolutely no other reason than to satisfy your curiosity. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!

And someone needs to do it if they "have the balls"?!! Seriously?

Dude.. let it freaking go. You now have 4 people testifying it works.. and it works well. And I even provided a blog elsewhere that is obviously doing well. MORE Proof?!!! Seriously???!! Read between the lines and apply a small amount of intellect. I'm literally getting embarrassed for you guys.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 02:23 PM   #83
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 479
Thanks: 41
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
You are right Josh.. I will let it go, this is pointless. Did I tell you I was the king of England? Honest it's true! Your reticence to demonstrate something very simple tells more of a story than anything mate.
Wow.. okay buddy. Whatever you say. Holy smokes. Wow....
guitarjosh is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 02:27 PM   #84
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys101place View Post
I have come to completely understand. I'm kind of shocked by the pressure here to show them. I personally wouldn't either.
Theress not a person in this thread that has said that anything can't make you money. People make money with Ebay. Doesn't mean its a good business model for people to follow. Every week we have people who come through claiming they do this or that. three weeks later they have a WSO and very few people can repeat their alleged success. its the nature of the IM beast.

I am all for not sharing your sites. I don't BUT I don't use my unshown, unverified no proof presented sites as evidence that what I say works and if I do then there is nothing garish (what a totally ridiculous charge against Steve) about saying - if you enter you many sites as evidence can you actually prove it by showing one"


Now in this thread the OP isn't even raising whether historically scraped content has made money. This thread specifically raises the question of whether recent changes this year make it better for you to be a scraper. Its a TOTALLY ridiculous claim (Sorry George it just is)

Google has had two updates within weeks of each other made to filter out duplicate content and low quality content and it has stated that its going to keep at it. telling people that getting into putting more of those up even when google is on a war path against them is NOT a great new opportunity.

Its totally absurd.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 02:32 PM   #85
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
Can someone just show me a simple example by building one on a domain I supply on hosting that I supply... Strewth.. Why is this so hard?
Steve they are claiming that its a garish request :rolleyesn your part as if you are after their trade secrets. So drop the hosting part. In fact drop it entirely they don't seem to get that its fine for them to not show their sites as long as they don't claim the unseen as evidence.

Anywa -- - all the hail the king of England.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 02:43 PM   #86
Myagi007
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: London
Posts: 59
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to actually get any work done, which is no good for my profit lines as I'm obsessed with this topic, however from reading various articles this recent change to how to google rates websites is just the first small change and there are more to come, until there's any real evidence of what they are doing it's going to make life very interesting for us all... I'm just a newbie so am excited to see how it affects my sites. (I'm hoping that Google takes a liking to my site and puts me on No1 spot - just because it can...)
Thanks

Would you like to make £5k per week, have a look at www.affiliatemarketing1.com.
myagi007 is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 02:45 PM   #87
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Yeah Mike.. you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
Steve they are claiming that its a garish request :rolleyesn your part as if you are after their trade secrets. So drop the hosting part. In fact drop it entirely they don't seem to get that its fine for them to not show their sites as long as they don't claim the unseen as evidence.

Anywa -- - all the hail the king of England.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 03:18 PM   #88
Dynamic SEO
War Room Member
 
yukon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 14,766
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 1,458
Thanked 6,054 Times in 3,939 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

I've never met anyone that was making money online that gave a crap what Google thinks.

That is exactly what sets my niche apart from all the guys in this forum that write articles. I deal with downloadable content only, most of my pages include maybe 10 words.

I could clone all my sites 10 times each with auto blogs (If I wanted). I set my sites up from the start to prevent other sites from scraping (images, zip files, rss, etc...). Still If I wanted, I know I could keep pumping out the same exact content on new sites & would not have supplemental pages in the SERPs. All I have to do is code the new site to scrape the content & add a variation of the root sites main keyword phrase to the new pages title, repeat...

I think most folks fail at auto-blogging because they suck at setting up the new site from the start. They take the easy way out & grab a WP-theme or WP-plugin that everyone else is running, instead of tweaking the source code before the site goes live.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
Any site that is full of nothing but mass copied content is shoddy as far as Google is concerned. Thats why it filters out duplicates.



there is all evidence that Google was targeting content it does not deem worthy. It has nothing to do with Google achieving artificial intelligence for its system. It only takes the engineers coming up with signals that they think will hit the kind of content they are after.

I really was not going to get into the whole autoblog thing. My point is I don't think there is opportunity in duplicating content from sites that have been penalized

but George please do some reading around. There are people all over the internet claiming that their site was hit that are not article directories.
yukon is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 03:24 PM   #89
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Entertaining thread. I will agree with the majority. Don't list your sites here or build for anybody. It used to be commonly understood that you didn't ask to see others XFactor sites but guys still talked about the profits and people didn't get called liars for not showing anyone. I'm not sure how this is much different. I've seen a thousand autoblog sites and I would think you have to. I know how they work and I know they can work. Why such a strong demand for a demo? I could care less to see their sites. But I am glad they took the time to share their success stories.
wolfdogg is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 03:24 PM   #90
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Rsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN.
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 336
Thanked 383 Times in 243 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Yes...I said "garish" and I believe it's been proven by both your attitudes and the way you're talking to people here.

I also said that the fact that someone wouldn’t show an example site (or build one from scratch) would be used to try to illustrate that those not willing to do so must be lying...which is exactly what the quote below is implying:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
Your reticence to demonstrate something very simple tells more of a story than anything mate.
Sorry but this is one of those "discussions" where the two sides will never see eye to eye and it's best left alone...
Rsberg is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 03:28 PM   #91
Dynamic SEO
War Room Member
 
yukon's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 14,766
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks: 1,458
Thanked 6,054 Times in 3,939 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Agreed, the hosting offer is a bad idea, If you don't believe me ask Mark Zuckerbergs college buddies what they think about sharing web site ideas & code.
yukon is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 03:34 PM   #92
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
GeorgR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,306
Blog Entries: 16
Thanks: 73
Thanked 1,004 Times in 653 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
whether recent changes this year make it better for you to be a scraper. Its a TOTALLY ridiculous claim (Sorry George it just is)
Sorry i fail to see the ridiculousness in this. Although i see many wrong assumptions in the thread like "content must be shoddy" etc..etc... and then someone who is VERY eager to see an autoblog since he obviously never saw one?

I said somewhere "autoblogs are so 'two years ago'"...heck you can get really good looking ones on fiverr for $5, yes i am serious. So why should someone give out their URL?

And you seriously think that the assumption that a scraper site might be doing well AT THE MOMENT is far fetched, seeing that the sources of the article(s) all get penalized and there is no indication AT ALL that autoblogs and scrapers got hit in the slightest.

Sorry..regardless whether this is a hypothetical thought or based on SOME observations by autoblog owners, i dont see anything ridiculous with my assumption or statement.

*** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
-> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
*** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
GeorgR. is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 03:38 PM   #93
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
GeorgR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,306
Blog Entries: 16
Thanks: 73
Thanked 1,004 Times in 653 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
I've never met anyone that was making money online that gave a crap what Google thinks.
AHAHAHAHA...."giving crap about what google thinks" is the base for SEO. All we do is to "please" google and find ways how to "please" them and to get rankings

*** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
-> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
*** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
GeorgR. is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 03:58 PM   #94
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

No it wasn't, I would have gladly handed that hosting to whoever wanted it. I didn't want the "secrets" or any other nonsense like that. I just wanted to see what was supposedly better than sites like the huffington post etc..

I think all this looking over your shoulder, cloak and dagger stuff has affected rational thought.. Its a shame really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Agreed, the hosting offer is a bad idea, If you don't believe me ask Mark Zuckerbergs college buddies what they think about sharing web site ideas & code.

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 04:03 PM   #95
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsberg View Post
Yes...I said "garish" and I believe it's been proven by both your attitudes and the way you're talking to people here. ...
Well by that definition you've proven you are in the club so to speak.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 04:05 PM   #96
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Stephen Crooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,626
Thanks: 78
Thanked 406 Times in 210 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Its plain old debate as far as I can see.. If I wanted I could throw some money at TZ's signature and buy his secret strategy. Maybe I will...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsberg View Post
Yes...I said "garish" and I believe it's been proven by both your attitudes and the way you're talking to people here.

I also said that the fact that someone wouldn’t show an example site (or build one from scratch) would be used to try to illustrate that those not willing to do so must be lying...which is exactly what the quote below is implying:




Sorry but this is one of those "discussions" where the two sides will never see eye to eye and it's best left alone...

Stephen Crooks is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 04:17 PM   #97
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post

And you seriously think that the assumption that a scraper site might be doing well AT THE MOMENT is far fetched,.
Don't try and twist my words George. I point blank said that it made no sense based on the fact that google was still targeting duplicate content sites and in reference to the opportunity going forward. I even said f you own an autoblog now fine but not for people to get into scraped content that were not already in.

Claiming that theres some new opportunity out there for people to get in on by creating ton loads of duplicate content is again just plain silly. Why would someone go into a strategy going forward that Google has taken two broad shots at in the last few weeks and is still going after?

the only people now saying "Wow I think its a great time to start building sites with ton loads of duplicate content" are those that have no choice because they are heavily invested already and those looking to sell products or services.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 04:19 PM   #98
TZ
Advanced Warrior
 
TZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 606
Thanks: 6
Thanked 79 Times in 65 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
LOL! Oh come on you can't seriously call Steve out on selling another product as the reason for his taking his position while you continue to push your "better autoblog" in the very paragraph before that.



No one has but putting up numbers no one can verify isn't going to cut it for those who have been around the block here.



How many times are you going to allude to your product in your discussions? People do not have to program autoblog scripts to know the content that gets put out on them or comment on them and your claim that none of us are programmers is just flat out wrong.
Wow Mikey. You're turning red.

Where to start. Yawnnn. I was not slagging my friend for promoting his product, as you pointed out - so do I. Yeah, I do think my autoblog is system is better than most, and I know it's way better compared to any autoblog system or formula under $300 bucks. Bang for the buck, I stand firmly behind the value I provide.

Not sure what you meant in the second comment - sorry.

So you think I claimed NO-ONE is a programmer here!!!!!! That would be the stupidest assumption possible.

I can usually recognize when someone doesn't fully understand how a good aggregation (cluster of scripts) works, and I don't like it when people slag methods for getting traffic when they have not actually tried it themselves.

If I EVER slag a method or system, it's because I have tried it already for myself, and have an opinion.

$php_coding = "consistent cash";

echo ("Give me" . " " . $php_coding . "!");
TZ is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 04:27 PM   #99
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 8,821
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,697 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Crooks View Post
Its plain old debate as far as I can see.. If I wanted I could throw some money at TZ's signature and buy his secret strategy. Maybe I will...
interesting isn't it? It such a valuable trade secret that makes so much thousands per month that they can't possible show you even one of the many sites but you can buy the whole system for $39.99.
Mike Anthony is offline  
Unread 1st March 2011, 04:31 PM   #100
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 479
Thanks: 41
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Interesting side-effect after last Google algo change (good times for scrapers! Yes, seriously!)

Sometimes, when dealing with a particularly difficult situation, you may be tempted to resort to sarcasm. That's a really great idea. Sarcasm works well in online media, because it's easy to pick up on without all of those pesky nonverbal cues. It's hard to see how the employment of sarcasm could possibly be counterproductive.

Sarcasm is especially useful in controversial debates, where a sarcastic comment often has the effect of calming the situation. Don't worry about offending people; simply appending a smiley emoticon to your comment will assuage any hurt feelings, and doing so exempts you from the strictures of civility and good faith.

Despite the use of the above measures and your inherent, undeniable cleverness, your sarcastic remarks may still be unrecognized or unappreciated by their target audience. This should be interpreted as immediate confirmation of your superior intellect and wit, as well as a corresponding deficiency of those qualities in your audience; you should not hesitate to emphasize this, as it will enable further discussion to proceed productively. It also allows the discussion to stray away from well-known contentious issues towards the beautiful landscapes of hermeneutical disputes on the possible or indisputable subjective and objective meanings of the semantical structures used in the various contributions to the debate.
guitarjosh is offline  
Closed Thread

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Search Engine Optimization

Bookmarks

Tags
algo, change, good, google, interesting, scrapers, sideeffect, times

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:36 PM.