Contextual Traffic - what is it?

by Technorita 10 replies
Can anyone kindly explain what a contextual link is. Is it the same as the affiliate link? And how do you ensure that the link is used for contextual traffic only?

Many thanks for some help please.
#search engine optimization #contextual #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author NashRyker
    Definition of a Contextual Link - A link that directs Internet users or spiders to related content on a new web page or a different location within the same web page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[341159].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Technorita
      Originally Posted by StephenHenderson View Post

      Definition of a Contextual Link - A link that directs Internet users or spiders to related content on a new web page or a different location within the same web page.
      Thanks a lot for this pointer. But pray, what are spiders (!!) and how do you know to ensure that its traffic is contextual?

      Still thanking you and anyone...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[341379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Dixon
    What we're talking about here is having a link 'in context' with the content it's in.

    So you may have an article or a blog post and you choose a keyword or phrase within it to link out to a related web page, affiliate program, sales page etc.

    Spiders are just the term used for the programs search engines use to find web pages to index and they do this by following links on other web pages.

    Tim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[341480].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Technorita
      Mant thanks Tim.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343714].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author White lion
      Originally Posted by Tim Dixon View Post

      What we're talking about here is having a link 'in context' with the content it's in.

      So you may have an article or a blog post and you choose a keyword or phrase within it to link out to a related web page, affiliate program, sales page etc.

      Spiders are just the term used for the programs search engines use to find web pages to index and they do this by following links on other web pages.

      Tim

      Firstly thanq for the way you are answering,,i will b happy if you explain this too,please tell me what is

      "Name Creative for Deployment"??

      "SUB ID"??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4175720].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IMWinner
        New information thanks. Man is made by information. Keep it coming in.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4176048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lazarus4444
    Can it also be the traffic from places like media traffic where their customers get popup ads when they goto certain sites?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[376507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author glasshalffull
    is anybody list building with ppv?

    I'm trying the typical squeeze page with a free offer to get optins. Anybody doing this? if so what's the best template/style for your initial offer that pops up? Big bright text telling them what they get and a link to the optin or a direct optin at the pop?

    the pop page is generally very small so having the optin and pitch to get them to do so.......might be too little to graband keep their attention versus big and bold text/graphics telling them to goto optin. with this style there is an extra step though.

    Which is the lesser of 2 evils?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[406248].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chatwithapro
      Originally Posted by glasshalffull View Post

      is anybody list building with ppv?

      I'm trying the typical squeeze page with a free offer to get optins. Anybody doing this? if so what's the best template/style for your initial offer that pops up? Big bright text telling them what they get and a link to the optin or a direct optin at the pop?

      the pop page is generally very small so having the optin and pitch to get them to do so.......might be too little to graband keep their attention versus big and bold text/graphics telling them to goto optin. with this style there is an extra step though.

      Which is the lesser of 2 evils?
      Glasshalffull,

      I think you may have mis-posted...what does this have to do with Contextual Linking?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[406263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author glasshalffull
    yep, just realized.....I thought it was talking about contextual advertising........my apologies, I'll start a new thread
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[406279].message }}

Trending Topics

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Get traffic for new site

    Thichdanhbai in SEO

    Hi everyones, I got a new site (thichdanhbai.com) but don't know on hot to get traffic, do SEO,... Need any ideas to help me in this problem. Thks a lot, ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Implementing Structure Data for Smartphones/Mobiles

    Doshic in SEO

    Hi I have already implemented structure data for the client on www site however i would like to know whether there is any requirement to have new structure data coding ... [read more]

  • 6 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Qestion about email marketing ?

    spartan14 in Email Marketing

    Hy all .I want ask for some help with email 1 .I have like 200 emails so far and i dont start to comunicate with my list yet i think ... [read more]

  • 4 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Psychology

    1.If you announce your goals to others youre less likely to succeed. Studies confirm that you lose motivation. 2.Your mind rewrites monotonous speeches of boring people to make it sound ... [read more]

  • 45 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How do I get more clicks or traffic on a particular keyword?

    Nikhil Bansal in SEO

    I have some keywords that have a great ranking on Google, but they don't have clicks and traffic, so I want to know how can I get more traffic and ... [read more]