How do SEO companies do it ?

Profile picture of the author jetsetter883 by jetsetter883 Posted: 02/21/2012
This is something that I've been thinking about for a while. I have visited the websites of several SEO companies and many of them have a small to medium sized staff presumably working with a good handful of client websites. In my opinion, there is simply not enough time in the day to effectively rank all of your client's websites using traditional SEO. As in, all of the conventional white hat SEO theory pertaining to 'creating great content', obtaining high authority links, guest blogging etc would take a millenia to rank numerous websites and would surely require a very large staff to keep on top of this stuff.

So.. what do you guys think? How do they do it? What do they do? Outsource to Fiverr? ODesk? This is something I am very curious to know.. how these small companies can possibly find the time to operate effectively using only professional white hat SEO best practices (or so they say).
#companies #seo

  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    dvduval
    A top SEO company has access to properties on the web that provide great traffic or pagerank. The quality of what they provide is much higher and also a company secret in many cases. It is built on developing relationships over many years. The top SEO companies rarely delve into cheap stuff (but they do on occasion).
  • Profile picture of the author MarketingChad
    MarketingChad
    Yeah, they typically have their own network of High-PR sites which are super effective. Then they just do some other types of link building such as article marketing, social media, commenting, etc. to fill out the link profile but those High-PR networks they have are the most effective part of their strategy.
  • Profile picture of the author dazkat
    dazkat
    Hey Jetsetter883
    It is a combination of two things. Outsourcing & Software.
    They use software to do the majority of the grunt work for specific tasks & outsource workers for any of the manual tasks that need to be completed.

    Others SEO companies will act as a reseller and will outsource the whole job to another SEO company. In this instance they simply go out and find the work charge the client top dollar then outsource the work to another company for less and pocket the difference. This is referred to as arbitrage.
  • Profile picture of the author HarrieB
    HarrieB
    I outsource most of my SEO work to companies/freelancers in India and Philippines. They are very reasonable ($200 a month for 4 keywords) and do an awesome job.
    As far as I am concerned, they dont use even automated softwares. These seo companies have tried and tested methods besides, link builders who make good quality backlinks.
    I usually see the backlinks on high pr websites and there are usually very less outbound links from those websites.
    Even I get curious like you sometimes.
  • Profile picture of the author jetsetter883
    jetsetter883
    very interesting insights guys. but are most of the outsourced people in india, etc not just trained how to spam? sorry if that sounds silly, but my basis for comparison is the tremendous amount of gigs i see on fiverr etc originating from india for 10k PR3+ backlinks etc. also, many spam comments i see are written in broken english. how could you tell if you are just hiring another spammer? are there really armies of link building geniuses in the far east just waiting to complete the work for bottom dollar ?
  • Profile picture of the author TBInternetMarketing
    TBInternetMarketing
    Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
    A top SEO company has access to properties on the web that provide great traffic or pagerank. The quality of what they provide is much higher and also a company secret in many cases. It is built on developing relationships over many years. The top SEO companies rarely delve into cheap stuff (but they do on occasion).

    Yea this is very true. They use quality tools and do things the right way (usually).
  • Profile picture of the author Jashandeepmax
    Jashandeepmax
    I am also working such a company.We do nothing special rather than quality work each day.
  • Profile picture of the author satrap
    satrap
    Originally Posted by Jashandeepmax View Post
    I am also working such a company.We do nothing special rather than quality work each day.
    Enough said!....
  • Profile picture of the author Sue McDonald
    Sue McDonald
    SEO on Google has changed. This happened when Panda was introduced by Google last year. Google now bases a lot on the popularity and security of your site. So it is really hard to satisfy all of the search engines and what is required.

    I still believe in SEO but I also aim to please Google as well.
  • Profile picture of the author watsonovedades
    watsonovedades
    Originally Posted by indigeniuous View Post
    I outsource most of my SEO work to companies/freelancers in India and Philippines. They are very reasonable ($200 a month for 4 keywords) and do an awesome job.
    As far as I am concerned, they dont use even automated softwares. These seo companies have tried and tested methods besides, link builders who make good quality backlinks.
    I usually see the backlinks on high pr websites and there are usually very less outbound links from those websites.
    Even I get curious like you sometimes.
    Hi indigeniuous

    Im looking for SEO outsources in india/philippinas

    would your guys take more work?
    please send me their info

    Kind Regards
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    John Romaine
    I can tell you because I know.

    They use link building services, just like the rest of us.

    As well as that, they're typically constantly buying sites to build networks of their own, as already mentioned above.
  • Profile picture of the author binarymlmmaster
    binarymlmmaster
    seo is the very tedious work.
  • Profile picture of the author sizzlemediauk
    sizzlemediauk
    We too are a SEO company in-fact a reputed and known in the UK and that because of our work. What requires in a perfect SEO company is professionals who must be skilled and are always ready and eager to learn and develop too new strategies as marketing is an ever going and changing process which requires timely development. A SEO firm must be update with the algorithm and other updates of search engines to know as how and when to apply and what in order to rank the website. A good SEO company prefers on building quality and content based link building to rank website because apart from that nothing will and it has been proven as many websites which were ruling Google has dropped and many vanished completely. If a SEO company suggests you about content improvement and build links through articles, blog , their link wheel , forum commenting then that will result definitely though time could be a considerable factor.
  • Profile picture of the author HarrieB
    HarrieB
    Originally Posted by watsonovedades View Post
    Hi indigeniuous

    Im looking for SEO outsources in india/philippinas

    would your guys take more work?
    please send me their info

    Kind Regards

    Just sent you a P.M!!

    The guys are awesome and are always willing to go extra way to help their clients :-)
  • Profile picture of the author jetsetter883
    jetsetter883
    Indigenious.. tried sending you a PM but my post count isn't high enough. Could you send me some insight on these link builders from overseas..? Thanks
  • Profile picture of the author LRDavids
    LRDavids
    Originally Posted by dazkat View Post
    Hey Jetsetter883

    They use software to do the majority of the grunt work for specific tasks & outsource workers for any of the manual tasks that need to be completed.
    What kind of software are they using?
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Mike Anthony
    Wow some REALLY bad answers in this thread.

    No Professional SEO sompanies do NOT use the same services you see advertised here we develop our own resources and contacts. The Op is mistaken if he thinks that Pro SEO companies start from scratch with each client. You don't do that . You build resources, contact and link opportunities and you mine them for different clients. We can get links from sites that the average Imer cannot get because we develop relationships and network. No software tool out there can open a good relationship with a blogger who doesn't allow guest posting or have followed comments. NO software out there can you click some buttons and have a high PR network of domains that you control.

    Is it harder in the beginning ? Yes. Is it hard for every client? no. Once you have the relationships you can go back to your network list from time to time. IM SEO frankly concentrates on cheap quantity links. this is NOT how a professional SEO company operates but the problem with that is that almost all backlinking companies eventually call themselves professional SEOs. However they are two different worlds. Theres no way my client companies want me to do anything at all that would associate their brand name with link spamming and in real business serps the SEOs that work them will not hesitate for a second to report link spamming or obviously bought links (which kills things like BMR etc)

    TO illustrate the huge obvious difference many here would cry bloody murder if they paid for links individually ($30-$200 each) but as most know BUYING links individually from certain sites is common practice in SEO. Its nothing to drop a few hundred dollars to webmasters to get really good PR3,4,5 links in niches that relate.

    You can kid yourself that the pro companies are doing the same things Imers are doing but its just a fantasy. It should be obvious that when a SEO company charges a few thousand a month they can leverage much better assets and they don't have to write a lot of content or place links themselves. In many cases the webmaster of the high profile site giving the link is comparable to the outsourcer just on a one to one basis.

    To be honest the only time a Pro seo would touch some of the link strategies used by Imers is for ip diversity. I'll use some article links, some directories, press releases and maybe some low OBL blog comments etc sure but to rely on those (won't even bother with forum links) as my main driver for ranking client sites? NO WAY. I use my own privately developed resources and contacts for that. Use BMR for ranking client? Thats amatuer stuff. If My clients could rank using that alone why would they need me?
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by LRDavids View Post
    What kind of software are they using?
    People talking about Pros using software are talking out of lack of knowledge of the industry.they are confusing pro SEOs with people claiming to be pro seos who really are just backlinkers.
  • Profile picture of the author strategic seo services
    strategic seo services
    Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    This is something that I've been thinking about for a while. I have visited the websites of several SEO companies and many of them have a small to medium sized staff presumably working with a good handful of client websites. In my opinion, there is simply not enough time in the day to effectively rank all of your client's websites using traditional SEO. As in, all of the conventional white hat SEO theory pertaining to 'creating great content', obtaining high authority links, guest blogging etc would take a millenia to rank numerous websites and would surely require a very large staff to keep on top of this stuff.

    So.. what do you guys think? How do they do it? What do they do? Outsource to Fiverr? ODesk? This is something I am very curious to know.. how these small companies can possibly find the time to operate effectively using only professional white hat SEO best practices (or so they say).
    Software: senuke x, xrumer, scrapebox....to name a few.
  • Profile picture of the author Fixers
    Fixers
    Agree with Mike here, they do things quite a bit differently to most IMers out there, using self managed networks, relations with other high profile sites etc etc.

    Another thing I notice is they will hit certain niches at the same time. For example they will go after pension companies but they will have a list of contacts, a network of high pr sites with content and will then attempt to get X number of companies in this niche and targetting different keyword phrases.

    One thing you can do to get more of an idea is search seo companies and look at their testimonials, check backlinks on their sites and you will have more of an idea of what they are doing.

    One big difference is time, typically IMers want it done ASAP whereas reputable seo companies will take their time as they cannot afford the risk of getting a company they work for getting slapped, plus they normally charge a monthly fee so will be quoting 6 months on something you and I may want to rank in a month or two, but run the higher risk of a penalty.

Related discussions