Google is Banning paid Blog networks [Be Afraid]:(:(:(

Profile picture of the author todawg_not by todawg_not Posted: 03/12/2012
Hi peep's

Google is starting to crack down on paid blog network services because
technically your paying for links indirectly. This is against Google's TOS.
Argue all you want but the fact remains Google is not happy with blog
networks and they are de indexing them. Which means all those using
paid blog network services (including myself) watch out!!

I wanted to start this thread to pre-warn or alert anyone using paid blog
network services and share there expereinces.

This could have a adverse effect possibly wipping out niche businesses overnight.
This is not designed to spread fear into the IM community as there is
no edivence yet that Google is de indexing blogs linked to banned blog
networks. Just be aware of what's happening out there and avoid it.

If anyone has knows of a blog networks that has been de indexed by Google
please post your comments here to help others.


cheers

Nigel
#afraid #banning #blog #google #networks #paid

  • Profile picture of the author 1byte
    1byte
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling! :rolleyes:

    What evidence do you have that Google is banning paid blog networks?
  • Profile picture of the author todawg_not
    todawg_not
    Theres been a bunch of them banned.

    Link Vault was banned in June 2006.
    Link Vault Banned From Google? | Search Engine Journal

    Post if you know more..
  • Profile picture of the author dp40oz
    dp40oz
    Funny cause every major blog network is still working just fine for me.
  • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
    GGpaul
    I've been checking tabs on my sites and for the past three weeks they're moving up steadily. And that's using paid blog networks.
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by todawg_not View Post
    Theres been a bunch of them banned.

    Link Vault was banned in June 2006.
    Link Vault Banned From Google? | Search Engine Journal

    Post if you know more..

    Not arguing one way or the other, but that is pretty bad evidence to back up your argument. First of all, that was 2006. Second of all, Google just deindexed the domain link-vault.com. It has nothing to do with them deindexing an entire link network.
  • Profile picture of the author todawg_not
    todawg_not
    Like I said this post is to get feedback from others about the matter.

    I use a number of paid blog network services too, right now things are good.

    Google is not stupid they know what's going on.. they known for along time.

    Until they decide that posting thousands of spun versions of an article to
    thousands of other web properties not for the readers benefits, but the
    sole purpose of getting high PR contextual backlinks for SEO then they will pull the plug.

    Lets hope this doesn't happen lol
  • Profile picture of the author lovboa
    lovboa
    I would guess that the people getting caught are the people using poorly spun content.
  • Profile picture of the author paulgl
    paulgl
    2006 is supposed to signal something happening now?

    Google does not hate paid links. Big myth.

    Made $130 today for paid links. Link brokers,
    link resellers, link networks, that are worth their
    salt, know what they are doing.

    People who think that do not read what google
    actually publishes, or takes it way out of context.

    I would hazard a guess that what happened in 2006
    is extremely irrelevant to what is happening today.

    Paid links makes me more than adsense. But the
    brokers I am friendly with know what they are doing.

    Unfriendly link brokers and those who don't have a clue
    are not dangerous due to paid links, but dangerous because
    they do stupid things as they are clueless.

    Don't get me wrong. Paid links are not for everybody. In
    fact, I'd stay away from any paid linking on fiverr, just as
    an example. But again, not because of paid links. But because
    the people doing paid links on fiverr are knuckleheads. People
    should be known by the company they keep. You deal with
    the knuckleheads on fiverr, well, you're a knucklehead. Say
    that using your best Charles Barkley accent. You deal with
    idiotic link brokers, well, you're an idiot.

    Paul
  • Profile picture of the author HAWTs
    HAWTs
    Hi, today, summit on high PR blog network is still working just fine for me.
  • Profile picture of the author goosefrabah
    goosefrabah
    It's all part of the game, don't rely on one source of links. Build up a good foundation of links, use a few networks, strengthen your portfolio and keep at it. One blog network goes down, another pops up. It's just the way of the game.
  • Profile picture of the author Adam James
    Adam James
    Does google really want to get rid of all our niche sites? They need them as long as you provide good quality sites with quality back links not spun rubbish. I always build my links slowly with BMR and some social bookmarking and all my sites are where I want them to be.
  • Profile picture of the author Mack Attack 77
    Mack Attack 77
    Nothing is going to happen here. People have been getting scared lately about losing blog networks.

    I agree with goosefrabah....build a diverse set of links to your sites to 'panda' proof it as they say.
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by 1byte View Post
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling! :rolleyes:

    What evidence do you have that Google is banning paid blog networks?
    Seen it with my own eyes. There are several threads about this and one of the users sent me a list of domains privately. I am not going to out them here but yes they were in fact all deindexed. Google is on the war path against rental networks.
  • Profile picture of the author mjazhilton
    mjazhilton
    Originally Posted by lovboa View Post
    I would guess that the people getting caught are the people using poorly spun content.
    Correct!
    Those who are properly submitting spun contents has nothing to worry about this!
  • Profile picture of the author razorhound
    razorhound
    They have been doing this since ages ago, right?
  • Profile picture of the author Detroit bankruptcy lawyer
    Detroit bankruptcy lawyer
    Originally Posted by todawg_not View Post
    Like I said this post is to get feedback from others about the matter.

    I use a number of paid blog network services too, right now things are good.

    Google is not stupid they know what's going on.. they known for along time.

    Until they decide that posting thousands of spun versions of an article to
    thousands of other web properties not for the readers benefits, but the
    sole purpose of getting high PR contextual backlinks for SEO then they will pull the plug.

    Lets hope this doesn't happen lol
    Would it be possible that Google treats blog networks differently based on their posting guidelines? To specify, treating networks that accept duplicate content, spun content, and just irrelevant content vs. networks that accept un-spun, unique content? Just wondering.
  • Profile picture of the author Detroit bankruptcy lawyer
    Detroit bankruptcy lawyer
    Originally Posted by Adam James View Post
    Does google really want to get rid of all our niche sites? They need them as long as you provide good quality sites with quality back links not spun rubbish. I always build my links slowly with BMR and some social bookmarking and all my sites are where I want them to be.
    What would you consider "slow" link building? Thanks!
  • Profile picture of the author Dellco
    Dellco
    Over the past 2 years alone, it is undeniable that paid blog networks have become the in-thing for SEO. Take BMR for example, their growth over the past year was just.....super duper phenomenal.

    Word gets out really fast among the IM crowd that blog comments/ profile links/ directory links are not as good as paid blog network links.

    After that, you have the mad rush, and as things stand, Google WILL take notice. It is a given that they will start cracking down, and I definitely expect to see more of it over the proceeding months.
  • Profile picture of the author IM Ash
    IM Ash
    If you are using a network that has no moderation and allows spun content then don't come to the forum and cry when your site tanks!

    Quality blog networks will be around for a long time to come but the junk ones are falling like flies!
  • Profile picture of the author amolwagh
    amolwagh
    I am not at all terrified with the banning of blog networks at all but if you really fear this so badly go for - Build My Rank or similar networks. Because they only accept piece of manually written original content for adding backlinks. (Some marketers still tweaks with it), but yet they have blogs with hundreds of original articles.

    Which eventually will be the last network get banned!

Related discussions