Image "file info" description & keywords, good for seo?

by thedog 6 replies
I was just talking to a chap who reckons that filling out, seo info for images, using the file info option, is good for seo.

This is the first I've heard of this, googled it, and couldn't find anything on it.

He reckons google uses this info for google images?

Anyone know anything about this?
#search engine optimization #description #file info #good #image #keywords #seo
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    If your talking about EXIF data for an image, it's not much help for SEO.

    Then again I haven't done any EXIF SEO testing for about a year now.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6474198].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thedog
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      If your talking about EXIF data for an image, it's not much help for SEO.

      Then again I haven't done any EXIF SEO testing for about a year now.
      He reckons it's relevant to a google image search... I think it's EXIF data...

      In photoshop, it's under file/file info/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6474293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author debra
    Originally Posted by thedog View Post

    I was just talking to a chap who reckons that filling out, seo info for images, using the file info option, is good for seo.

    This is the first I've heard of this, googled it, and couldn't find anything on it.

    He reckons google uses this info for google images?

    Anyone know anything about this?
    Whoever told you that is Correct.

    I've preached that image optimization isn't just in the name.jpg and alt tags. In the last couple days I posted here on the forum about optimizing images. I'll have to find that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6474318].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thedog
      Originally Posted by debra View Post

      Whoever told you that is Correct.

      I've preached that image optimization isn't just in the name.jpg and alt tags. In the last couple days I posted here on the forum about optimizing images. I'll have to find that.
      cool, would appreciate more info on this... any edge is good.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6474338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    You can easily stuff the image with EXIF data all day long & get that data to show up in the Google Images Frame (right sidebar), as plain text. Still, I've never seen any proof that EXIF data is useful for SEO.

    I would be more than happy If someone could prove that EXIF data has any effect on ranking images.

    I have around 2,500 pages that each include a single image, so I'm always ranking images, If you have anything new, I'm all ears.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6474400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author debra
    Anything sent as binary code can be read by Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines. If it can be read...it can be indexed. If it can be indexed...it can be ranked.

    That includes more than just images. It can included pdf as well. How white papers are indexed is a perfect example.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6474415].message }}

Trending Topics

  • 82 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Warriors .... Warriors.... what would you like to LEARN?

    Good Morning awesome Warriors... I'm happy to announce that The Warrior Forum is planning to create our first COURSE. Yes... Powered by Warrior Wisdom... yeah!! Made at home. But before ... [read more]

  • 11 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Is web design important for SEO?

    Andrew112 in SEO

    Does anyone know what is the connection between web design and SEO? Does this matter? Do I know web design to help my SEO site? I want to know what ... [read more]

  • 21 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How I Sold 985 Copies of an Affiliate Offer in 5 Days (Step by Step)

    When I first started online in 2002, it took me a year to sell 985 copies of anything. These days, I can typically do it in the span of a ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Facebook Ads very low results now on sales

    Drilon H in Social Networks

    Hello Warriors, This is my first post to the forum but I have been following some of the threads before and I found really useful information. I want to ask ... [read more]

  • 49 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How Do Highly Successful People Stay Positive?

    Hi Gang, I just stumbled upon this great article and wanted to share! 6 Ways Highly Successful People Stay Positive So the question begs, how do YOU stay positive? What ... [read more]