28th Nov 2012, 05:21 PM
Trusted Warrior "Rank #1"
Join Date: 2012
Location: New Delhi
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
| | How to write a Formal Email..!
Subject is more important than the email itself, it should be focused, clear and informative. Strong Subjects:
- Invitation to the ABC Conference, Nov 2009
- Application for Account Manager Position #413 – Jane Smith CV
- Agenda for the meeting on Monday, 10am
- Party Invitation for John, Sally and Martin
- Updates on the building plans
- Meeting scheduled for Oct 15, Thursday @ 10am
- Great craft ideas using recyclable materials
- Hi, Hello, How are you?
- First line of the email message
- Words to avoid: Help, Percent Off, Reminder, Free
: don’t misspell the name!
Example Opening Sentences
- Dear [name],
- Hi [name],
- Hello [name],
- To whom it may concern,
Example Email Information in Detail
- Following our phone conversation, I am sending you…
- Attached please find the documents you requested regarding…
- In regards to the upcoming pilot program, I have listed below the tasks and deadlines that need to be completed.
- Further to our last discussion, I would like to bring to your attention the following issues:
- As we agreed, there will not be …
- Please reconsider our proposal for …
- In response to your job post for Marketing Director, please find below a brief overview of my skills. I have also attached my CV for your review.
: details, information and actions required.
Example Closing Sentences
- Here is the detailed list:
- In addition to the attached agenda, please click on this link http://www...
- To register for the online event, please go to...
Example Sign-offs before the Signature
- I look forward to your reply.
- Thank you for the time you have taken to review my candidacy for the position.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Thank you, in advance, for your time.
- I await receipt of the information we discussed.
- Please forward me the exact information.
: identify yourself, company and contact information.
- Thank you,
- Best Regards,
Title, company name