Anchor text words and keyword ranking?

by ChevyCam 5 replies
Just curious, if we use lets say 5 words in our anchor text for a specific keyword.

Example: check backlinks everyday and week

Does it means, that we still doing ranking for the first two words and for 3 last words at the same time?

I mean for a keyword - "check backlinks" and "everyday and week"

Or if we use all 5 words at one anchor text, means we only ranking for all 5 words ( means only one main keyword) and if we want to increase rankings for only keywords - "check backlinks" or "everyday and week: , we need to create anchor text only with these words?
#search engine optimization #anchor #keyword #ranking #text #words
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    You have to use the desired one, two, three, four words as anchor especially at the initial stage.

    Once you start ranking for them, you don't really have to directly target all of them.
    If you build quality links it will affect your rankings generally.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7760002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    It's possible that you rank for
    check backlinks
    check backlinks everyday
    check backlinks everyday and
    check backlinks everyday and week
    week
    and week
    everyday and week
    bakclinks every day and week
    backlinks everyday

    Assuming you are ranking for the long tail and have seod the page/backlinks for some of the others... The irrelevant ones you'll get as a gift from Google.

    Originally Posted by ChevyCam View Post

    Just curious, if we use lets say 5 words in our anchor text for a specific keyword.

    Example: check backlinks everyday and week

    Does it means, that we still doing ranking for the first two words and for 3 last words at the same time?

    I mean for a keyword - "check backlinks" and "everyday and week"

    Or if we use all 5 words at one anchor text, means we only ranking for all 5 words ( means only one main keyword) and if we want to increase rankings for only keywords - "check backlinks" or "everyday and week: , we need to create anchor text only with these words?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7761051].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kaytav
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      It's possible that you rank for
      check backlinks
      check backlinks everyday
      check backlinks everyday and
      check backlinks everyday and week
      week
      and week
      everyday and week
      bakclinks every day and week
      backlinks everyday

      Assuming you are ranking for the long tail and have seod the page/backlinks for some of the others... The irrelevant ones you'll get as a gift from Google.
      Why would a person build links for a keyword like check backlinks everyday and??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7772509].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        The point I was making is that you can rank for tons of variations contained within your long tail keyword.

        Whether or not you would use it should be based on what your analytics say people use to get to your site.

        One of the keywords that sends me traffic is can you refinance after b.

        Third time I noticed it, I created a few backlinks... I got a handful more people finding my site with can I refinance after b... and a few more than before people finding it with can I refinance after bankruptcy, can I refinance bad credit.

        I did not do a test to make 100% sure that that was the connection. But since the cost of creating a few backlinks is practically 0, I do it.

        But, again, here I was just showing the way search engines look at your keyword. I was not talking about what is practical and what is not.

        Originally Posted by kaytav View Post

        Why would a person build links for a keyword like check backlinks everyday and??
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7772822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author philrich21
    I agree also with DABK but target a page or post to that keyword.

    That way you will be targeted for all the phrase variations
    Signature
    FREE Instant Download - Learn How to Build Massive Residual Home Income with my My Guide to Leveraging the Power of Blogs & How to Quickly Build a Massive Mailing List Click Here to Download
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7771953].message }}

Trending Topics