How to Solve 0 Index Status Google WMT

by tantivy 7 replies
Hi,

I just checked my site and google webmaster tool says my site is 0 index status?

How can I solve this?

Thanks.
#search engine optimization #google #index #solve #status #wmt
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author msharmjia
    Try getting your pages indexed in Google. Submit sitemap in G WMT. This will help getting some numbers in index status..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8197839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Either your indexed our your not, do a site: search.

    GWT is usually slow with updating data. I guess you have a new site?
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8198850].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tantivy
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Either your indexed our your not, do a site: search.

      GWT is usually slow with updating data. I guess you have a new site?
      This is an old site. (The site I previously put in a thread saying it was hit again by an update and now dead.) It's still ranking on the 1st page of SERPs for some keywords but traffic is really down the gutter. I did a 'site:domain' and yes it is still indexed. I was thinking probably there's something wrong with it so I looked at it in my WMT and that was the thing that I found.

      (Yes, I'm trying to revive it while I create new ones.)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8198943].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Hansons
        Originally Posted by tantivy View Post

        This is an old site. (The site I previously put in a thread saying it was hit again by an update and now dead.) It's still ranking on the 1st page of SERPs for some keywords but traffic is really down the gutter. I did a 'site:domain' and yes it is still indexed. I was thinking probably there's something wrong with it so I looked at it in my WMT and that was the thing that I found.

        (Yes, I'm trying to revive it while I create new ones.)
        I think it is a penalization of unnatural works/over optimization etc.
        Signature

        Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
        Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
        Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8199664].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tantivy
          Originally Posted by Hansons View Post

          I think it is a penalization of unnatural works/over optimization etc.
          how long does this penalty usually last?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8199688].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author msharmjia
            Originally Posted by tantivy View Post

            how long does this penalty usually last?
            There is no such specific time. If you can resolve those issues, then resolve them and request Google for reconsideration of your site.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8199766].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author tantivy
              Originally Posted by msharmjia View Post

              There is no such specific time. If you can resolve those issues, then resolve them and request Google for reconsideration of your site.
              I already asked for a reconsideration from Google and they said there was no manual spam penalty. And this leaves me at a lost where to start. That is the reason why I checked my WMT. I was able to survive Penguin 1 by posting content and doing some backlinks, but in this latest Penguin and 'query spam' updates my traffic just worsen.

              I don't know if it's best to wait for months if the penalty has a duration. I'm really at a lost here.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8199867].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics