What Email Program Do You Use and Recommend

37 replies
After 8 years of using the same email program, one I purchased, it no longer will be getting updates (and it needs some!).

Before purchasing what I had, I had purchased another program, from a forum member, but I had some trouble with it on the HostGator server plus it didn't also include a WYSIWYG -- so I had to code each email that went out in HTML. (which I can do, but prefer to NOT do )

So I'm in the market for a new program.

-- It could be one I buy or it could be one on someone else's server.
-- Allows both HTML and plain text emails
-- has both broadcast and autoresponders
-- I can segment any way I want (i.e. I have lists for business owners, others for advisors, others for people who have attended a program, and some lists just for clients).
-- I can schedule broadcasts.
-- link tracking ability
-- open rate and to know who opens what.

If you suggestion one that I can own, on my own server, it has to have the capability of me telling it how many emails it can send per hour. Host gator only allows 500; so for my big list it needs to be able to stop after 500, then send out 500 more every hour.

I'm game for other features, too. But these are what I need at a minimum.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Maria
#email #program #recommend
  • Profile picture of the author Alex The Lion
    AWeber is my first recommendation, they have been around for a long time, have a great reputation and can do pretty much everything you asked for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10415751].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author EricBernard
      Originally Posted by Alex The Lion View Post

AWeber is my first recommendation, they have been around for a long time, have a great reputation and can do pretty much everything you asked for.
      What Alex said. I use Aweber and I'd check it out if I were you. You can also get started with a 30 day free trial so you can test it out and it it's not up to your standards you can try out another company.

I dont use GetResponse anymore but I use to and a lot of people swear by them so that would be a good alternative to go with. They also have a trial period as well
      Signature
      Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10415952].message }}
  • Thanks. I tried Aweber, maybe 6 years ago? I had a problem with the customer service and they gave me my money back.

Do they still make your subscribers re-subscribe to their system?

Yes, a lot of people use their system and do like it.
    Signature

Maria Marsala,
    Financial Advisors Coach, Author, Speaker at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com/

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10415981].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author EricBernard
      Originally Posted by elevatingyourbusiness View Post

Do they still make your subscribers re-subscribe to their system?
      You can turn that option off now
      Signature
      Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10419342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FreedomBlogger
    Have you tried an Email Marketing Service?

Like Aweber or GetResponse

They are very good for email marketing!
    Signature
    At the beginning, I thought making money online with a blog was super super hard. Not anymore. Learn the art of making money online blogging - step by step - HERE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10416000].message }}
  • I'll add it to my list to check out.

I haven't used Get Repsonse since the late 90's! Glad something from that time is stil around
    Signature

Maria Marsala,
    Financial Advisors Coach, Author, Speaker at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com/

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10416044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marvinoliver
    Banned
    Along my 8 years, I have used, Mailchimp, Getresponse, Aweber and many more email applications. Now I have shifted with Sendy, because it gives a lot of independence and cost control over emails marketing. I am using easysendy service to get all technology integrations done. For drag and drop email editor, we use beefree.io
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10416209].message }}
    • Originally Posted by marvinoliver View Post

. I am using easysendy service to get all technology integrations done.
      I am looking at Sendy with Amazon SES. I have been to the easysendy site but don't yet understand what additionally it offers.

Maybe you can say more?
      Signature

Maria Marsala,

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10417840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James McAllister
    I can second GetResponse, I use it for all of my businesses and have never had any problems with it. I actually prefer it over Aweber.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10416320].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author waterfall
      Try a hybrid email marketing system like EasyMail7 as an alternative to email service providers. It will be more cost effective in the log run, especially if you have a large mailing list. Plus, you can use it with any SMTP server or delivery service and you are not tied to one provider only.

Here is a good source to read more about pros and cons of ESP and hybrid email software
      http://easymail7.com/files/why-hybri...r-than-esp.pdf
      Signature

--
      Create, Send and Schedule Promotions Emails, Newsletters or Invitations Your Customers Will Love with IN-HOUSE Email Marketing Platform for Windows. Manage delivery In-House or Outsource to Multiple Delivery Vendors like Amazon SES, Mailgun, Sendgrid... Ideal solution for medium and large volume senders

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10416531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Acodez
    Mailchimp and Getresponse are some of the programs which i use normally. Beefree.io is also used for drag and drop email editor.
    Signature

Acodez IT Solutions is an award wining web design company in India. Please do take a look at some of our recent/ongoing works at Web Design Company in India which will give you an idea on the quality which we adhere to.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10416549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DavidZin
    Right. you can tried an Email Marketing Service. I think ít very good for email Marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10416723].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Started with GR but switched to Aweber. It definitely does the job. The Trial is pretty good deal.

- Robert Andrew
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10416926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LifeIs2Gr8
    I am using GetResponse and it has been a great experience so far. They allow even external contacts to be imported to the emailing system (but you have to ensure they are legit opt-ins in the first place).

The autoresponder scheduler offers a drag and drop feature that makes fluid campaign planning and yes both html and plain text are available and easily editable too.

Tracking works well too with open and click rates, subscriber/unsubscriber stats reported quite promptly and thoroughly too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10418328].message }}
  • Thank you Eric. It's always good to learn that a bad feature has been discontinued.
    Signature

Maria Marsala,

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10419531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author netmrktr
    We have a hosted email program that allows you to send 1,000,000 emails for $100 dollars. If you would like more information please PM us.

Other features include:

- Dedicated IP Address
    - Unlimited autoresponders
    - Unlimited subscribers
    - WYSIWYG Email Editor
    - and more...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421328].message }}
  • Thank you everyone.

I went with Sendy with Amazon SES ($69)

I had a fiveer set it up for me. ($40)

Now I have to learn how to use it
    Signature

Maria Marsala,

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10426480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Asadullah72
    AWeber will be best for you. I see a lot of people recommend it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10428601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pashulik
    Guys I need some advise. I've just discovered that GetResponse which I used to use for 4 years has stopped providing us by simple html web forms. More than that, even prepared new forms that anyone could get come with Java code only. They are no longer providing us by html codes. There is an option to get simple web form html code BUT... it comes with two required fields while I need Email field only. I easily got html codes before with them.

Just had a life chat with them. Looks like they don't care about our problems. What autoresponder would you advise to check out? I also have my own list about 4K subscribers there. I have no idea how to save it except CSV file. But is it legal to upload it to a new autoresponder?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436046].message }}
    • Pashulik

You've hit on what I think is the best post for what you're looking for. It contains all the current thinking of the warrior tribe

Many of the providers listed on this thread allow uploads. But you'd have to check the ones that offer you what you're looking for.

And I would test whatever system you choose first. I'm finding that the one I just bought (sendy) is very simple and doesn't have some of the features I was used to using. It's easy to take features for granted
      Signature

Maria Marsala,

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436173].message }}
    Hey Maria, it's funny but I am also learning sendy at the moment

Can I ask you to share briefly what features it doesn't have? I am interested in usual set as autoresponders by the exact time triggers or actions and of course the ability to implement web forms to the wordpress or html pages.

Thank you in advance.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436271].message }}
    • Let me start a new thread about sendy. I was going to do that, now I will
      Signature

Maria Marsala,

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436306].message }}
    • Originally Posted by pashulik View Post

Can I ask you to share briefly what features it doesn't have?.
      Here's one that I'm unable to find:

"clone" feature
      I could really use it. It would allow me to create a list with autoresponders, and then clone it to another brand or the same brand but with a different name. Instead of creating, for example 3 list, each with the same autoreponder messages.

Maybe you can share resources you found on Sendy with me here:

Could Use Sendy Help
      Signature

Maria Marsala,

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dcfitz
    I use both GetResponse and Aweber, Both a good companies to work with.
    Signature

How would like to bring a WAVE OF TRAFFIC to your door in the NEXT 24 HOURS, and once you set up this fast and easy program …you don’t have to touch it again. SET AND FORGET. You will be able to bring over a CONSISTENT 2800 leads a month. I’m not talking about just any leads by LASER-TARGET LEADS in you niche, and the VERY BEST PART this program is FREE to you for a limited time. So grab your access now. www.delveintotraffic.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436314].message }}
    Looks like it is exactly what I need. Of course, if other usual options are working well.
    Thank you!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436357].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mohsin qureshi
    I recommend Mailchimp, the best ever email service for marketing. Do you try it ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10436755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author powermta kudos
    Originally Posted by elevatingyourbusiness View Post

After 8 years of using the same email program, one I purchased, it no longer will be getting updates (and it needs some!).

Before purchasing what I had, I had purchased another program, from a forum member, but I had some trouble with it on the HostGator server plus it didn't also include a WYSIWYG -- so I had to code each email that went out in HTML. (which I can do, but prefer to NOT do )

So I'm in the market for a new program.

-- It could be one I buy or it could be one on someone else's server.
    -- Allows both HTML and plain text emails
    -- has both broadcast and autoresponders
    -- I can segment any way I want (i.e. I have lists for business owners, others for advisors, others for people who have attended a program, and some lists just for clients).
    -- I can schedule broadcasts.
    -- link tracking ability
    -- open rate and to know who opens what.

If you suggestion one that I can own, on my own server, it has to have the capability of me telling it how many emails it can send per hour. Host gator only allows 500; so for my big list it needs to be able to stop after 500, then send out 500 more every hour.

I'm game for other features, too. But these are what I need at a minimum.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Maria

if your subscribers are less then go for mailchimp or aweber. in case you have large number of subscribers than it will cost you very high and you will be restricted to send mails.
    so, i recommend you to have your own SMTP server. you can do mass mailing from it and no restriction at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10466119].message }}
  • As I use Sendy myself, with all it does not do, I am going to look into using Easy Sendy again. I have found 3 things that I need, that basic Sendy does not do...

I would put these on my Con's list.

1) If you want to have your subscribe box to say something other than what the Sendy form provides, then what I have to do is hire a programmer to set up an API subscribe form. I like to have an area on my firm that asks people what industry they're in and then have them choose from 3.

2) To get the auto responder to work, Crons must be set to 1 minute. If you use a service like HostGator, their system only allows us to set it up using 15 minutes. Alternatives are VPS, crons system, moving to a different hosting service or (possibly) using Easy Sendy

3) Also about the autoresonder system. It only works if someone subscribes using the subscribe form. IF you upload a CVS file, which you can do, it will not trigger the auto responder service. While I understand the thoughts behind this, there isn't an "override" button to use wen you do want to upload subscribers and have them get the auto responder. Someone has written a script to over ride this, but then again, a programmer would know what to do with it.
    Signature

Maria Marsala,

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476693].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stormyse7en
    I recommend GetResponse, it help me a lot in take care of customer. I can write email in my suitable time and schedule GetResponse deliver it. Beside that, alot feature help me to draw more customer by combining with SEO, social network.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476753].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zan Elwick
      aweber is my recommendation
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chuck Evans
    Aweber will count ONE subscriber as 4 if they are in 4 lists. Infusionsoft counts this as ONE. Not sure about Get Response and others but these two I know for sure.

I am looking for options as well and have tried several.
    Signature

Chuck Evans - Golf Magazine Top 100 Teacher
    Learn How To Play Your Best Golf

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10478243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ola Rybacka
    In our company we use FreshMail. I have to admit that i don't like it, because it's a little bit irritating. I'm confused when I try to move or write something there and it forced me to wait or do this again. I don't mean that it's difficult to use, but it's just frustrating.
    Signature

Improve your business:
    Join Time Tracking Community | Read Time Tracking Guide

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10487013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tanvirul
    I recommend you Mailchimp and Getresponse.

Hope you will be happy to use.

Thanks,
    Tanvirul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10489905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emailnewsletter
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10490569].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DianaLaw
      aweber or getresponse.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10491163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cioliani
    I suggest you try sendlane. It works great and has anything you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10491479].message }}

Trending Topics