Good to put high quality article/blog on own website or as guest post for sake of Do follow link?

19 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Is it good to put high quality 2000 words article/blog with optimum keyword density on your own blog or website or you should request any guest post accepting site to accept it for the sake of do follow link?
#article or blog #follow #good #guest #high #link #post #put #quality #sake #website
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
    What is meaning of do follow link?
    Is that suppose to be some Tag and if so, where can I find definition?

fastreplies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545709].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webcontent
      Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post

What is meaning of do follow link?
      Is that suppose to be some Tag and if so, where can I find definition?

fastreplies
      Do follow links are external links that search engines take into consideration while offering ranking to any website. Though no follow links are considered good for ranking, but preference is given to Do follow links. Most of the SEO companies are offering guest posting services and for that they charge extremely high.
      Signature
      Thoughtful Minds - Offering Content writing, Copywriting that Search Engines and user both love.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545762].message }}
        Originally Posted by webcontent View Post

Do follow links are external links that search engines take into consideration while offering ranking to any website. Though no follow links are considered good for ranking, but preference is given to Do follow links. Most of the SEO companies are offering guest posting services and for that they charge extremely high.
        Really?
        But where can I find definition?
        Is it provided by w3school.com or any other site you know?

I can see how Google defines rel="nofollow" but saying not a word about rel="dofollow"
        https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/96569?hl=en

So, what do you know that Google doesn't?

fastreplies
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545806].message }}

Really?

I can see how Google defines rel="nofollow" but saying not a word about rel="dofollow"
          https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/96569?hl=en

So, what do you know that Google doesn't?

fastreplies
          There are few things you know out of your experience
          Signature
          Thoughtful Minds - Offering Content writing, Copywriting that Search Engines and user both love.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545856].message }}

There are few things you know out of your experience
            I have feeling that you have no idea what to say and how to justify your misunderstanding.

I agree, but then how to get do follow links.
            You see what I mean?

You can't get "do follow" links because they are simply don't exist.

Sure you can get 'regular' links or you can get 'no follow' links as creators
            of original websites code intended, hoping that people would be intelligent
            enough to understand that it's useless to tag something that can be left alone.

So, next time try to get links, any links because the truth is, they all will work for you.

fastreplies
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545948].message }}

I have feeling that you have no idea what to say and how to justify your misunderstanding.

You see what I mean?

You can't get "do follow" links because they are simply don't exist.

Sure you can get 'regular' links or you can get 'no follow' links as creators
              of original websites code intended, hoping that people would be intelligent
              enough to understand that it's useless to tag something that can be left alone.

So, next time try to get links, any links because the truth is, they all will work for you.

fastreplies
              Thanks for the info but then if do follow links have no such important role to play what is the future of guest posts?
              Signature
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545956].message }}

Thanks for the info but then if do follow links have no such important role to play what is the future of guest posts?
                I never said that.
                I said 'do follow' tag doesn't exist instead there is a link that doesn't need any definition.

In simple words, if Google wouldn't come up with another stupid idea to tag link
                as 'no follow', none of you would ever use some stupid opposite 'do follow' fart.

fastreplies
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11546042].message }}

I never said that.
                  I said 'do follow' tag doesn't exist instead there is a link that doesn't need any definition.

In simple words, if Google wouldn't come up with another stupid idea to tag link
                  as 'no follow', none of you would ever use some stupid opposite 'do follow' fart.

fastreplies
                  Do agree with your point, as Google always have something strange to create panic. The algorithms are changing daily and whole focus is on increasing paid promotion or Google Adwords.
                  Signature
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11546049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesandersonicb
    High-quality content would be the best because it will give you long time benefit. And the option for the request for guest posting is a totally bad idea. When their ranking increase, first of all, they delete your links rather they will ask for money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545722].message }}
      Originally Posted by jamesandersonicb View Post

High-quality content would be the best because it will give you long time benefit. And the option for the request for guest posting is a totally bad idea. When their ranking increase, first of all, they delete your links rather they will ask for money.
      I agree, but then how to get do follow links. We follow this and that's the reason why our blogs are considered. However, few marketers suggest we should build some backlinks for better ranking. That was the reason of putting this thread. Let's see what others suggest. Thanks anyways.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webasha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11545898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlextheG
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11546771].message }}
      Originally Posted by AlextheG View Post

no-one wants to share their SEO value with other websites
      Wrong, we're doing that for 20 years with no problems what-so-ever.

BTW, what SEO value are you talking about?

fastreplies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11546873].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        If the article is useful to your prospects, put it on your site. Then put it on any site that wants it.

Keep in mind this, though, Giigle will rank only one instance of your article. If one of the other sites has an owner who is better than you at SEO, their page with your article will rank.

If your goal is simply to gain backlinks, just put it on your site and on all other sites you want a link from.

If you want visitors, put it on sites your prospects visit, especially if you can get the other site owner to recommend you.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11547144].message }}
          That's a good piece of information. Even I opted to put it on own website. Thanks
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11547167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Medon

Is it good to put high quality 2000 words article/blog with optimum keyword density on your own blog or website or you should request any guest post accepting site to accept it for the sake of do follow link?
    The best thing you can do is to request for help from a guest post in your niche. By the way anyone who knows a guest post where I can post accounting articles targeting the UK?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11547311].message }}
  • Yes, It's good practice if you have good audience on your blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11547327].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author surfer30
    The best answer is. you first need to write at least between 5 and 20 high quality articles in your blog that are so detailed to beat most articles to attract comments and shares and more engagement.

and You also need to write high quality guest posts, because your blog needs do follow links from DA blogs to rank on Google. Because Google wants to see your are linking with trusted sites.... that's how to get good SERP.

Your blog is like a ghost town, no visitors, no readers and no subscribers SO you have to find high trafficked sites and put your guest posts there to get visitors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11547393].message }}
      Originally Posted by surfer30 View Post

The best answer is. you first need to write at least between 5 and 20 high quality articles in your blog that are so detailed to beat most articles to attract comments and shares and more engagement.

and You also need to write high quality guest posts, because your blog needs do follow links from DA blogs to rank on Google. Because Google wants to see your are linking with trusted sites.... that's how to get good SERP.

Your blog is like a ghost town, no visitors, no readers and no subscribers SO you have to find high trafficked sites and put your guest posts there to get visitors.
      Yes I agree! But why would you beg in front of guest post sites and accepting their useless conditions. There's no point. They have a blog with word length 600 and they need writers to write at least 2000 words blog. And for that what you'll get in return? Traffic ( not necessarily leads) and no follow links.

Second, you said if a blog would be a ghost town.. my point is why it would be?? If you are putting quality content on your blogs, don't you think it is going to be a paradise for visitors?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11548339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoexpertinindia
    If you will the put the blog on your website than you will not get the benefit of backlink. If you put it on others website than you will definitely get the benefit of backlink.

So I would advise you to do this work on 50/50 ratio. Half of your quality blogs should be posted on your website and half should be posted on Guest blogs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11548334].message }}

Trending Topics