Make Money Online - Getting Started

13 replies
This is the most frequently asked question in making money online: " How do I get started?"

Entering the world of internet marketing and becoming successful requires determination because it is very hard to do. Most internet marketers are not successful because they only think of getting money. They only think of getting some sales. And that is a big problem. Why? No one goes online to buy things that are of random. People buy things that they need, what they want, they look for solution to a problem or for something. And you're job was to give them what they are looking for and in that way you are going to make a sale.

So here is what you need to make money online

#1. Look for clues.

You can Google for answers on making money online, but you've have to understand what you been doing because if not you will be running around in circles searching for answers and will never have a good start.

#2. Make a good plan.

Brainstorming is the key. Have a creative vision. There are so many options like: Having a domain about weight loss and sell some product with your affiliate link. Set up a blog and have a long term income. Write articles and sell them etc..etc..Despite of these ideas, you have to
focus only to one. So you have to brainstorm!

" What am I good at?"
" What am I knowledgeable about?"
"What is something I really enjoy doing/talking about?"
"How do I plan on providing information on this product?"

#3. Acquire a domain.

Unless you've plan to start marketing on forums and free advertising websites you need to have a domain. " But I don't have the money to have a domain" You can always start on sites like Blogger. Or look here for lists of where you can create websites: "250+ list of free blogging sites"

But if you're looking to have a website, you can always have them. Try Host Gator, because it is novice friendly. Host Gator is great because of low cost of hosting which starts at $4.95.

How about website design? This is a hard part for not internet savvy guys. You could always hire someone to do this for you. But it is best that you do it yourself. As you progress to internet marketing you should have learn to create your own material.

You need to have a website that is simple and clean yet looking professional and have easy navigation. Anything complicated on your website like hard to read posts will have low conversion or worse, nothing. When you create your sales page, remember that you are always remember your audience. Always examine your audience when you try to sell something. do you get what I am saying here? But I am not saying that having a website is the only way to make money online. I am telling this because it is the best way of making money online.

#4. Your Patience and Consistence

If only making money money online is as easy as snapping your fingers, everyone is an emillionaire! Many people quit on making money online because they find out how much work they are going to exert. You must be consistent.

You got a killer website but no sales! Why? Always think you set up your website to solve their problems and not only to make you money. Always think and act not from your point of view but with their point of view.

Always make fresh contents and fresh products so your loyal readers could keep coming back for more. Then create your email list. This is not mandatory but it is of great help. This will be the way to keep in touch with your loyal customers.

Final Thoughts

Internet Marketing is not an overnight task.You got to be consistent and patient. If you are new to Internet Marketing, I suggest joining of forums to have free sources. Remember that if making money is easy, everyone could be doing it. You can sell your own product or sell someone else's product.
#make #money #online #started
  • Profile picture of the author dynameek
    Hey there...

Just thought I'd add to what you've said in your thread based on my own experience. But before I do that, I'll like to say thanks or sharing your thoughts.

The first time I decided to try my hands on internet marketing was a couple of years ago & then setting up a website and driving traffic was very easy. I set up my affiliate website & put up a few Google Adwords & within hours I made my first sale & things just went up from there - I was making sales.

But, unfortunately for me, I had to take a long break and when I came back everything was different. Setting up Adwords ads became tougher (& I lost a huge sum the first time back), competition became very stiff and you name it. I struggled to make a sale for weeks until I came up with a better plan that worked.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that making money online these days is much tougher than before and the only way to succeed is to come up with a great plan and follow it through with persistence no matter how many times failure occurs. In addition to the above, there're several ways to go about this but the best way is to educate one's self on what options there are out there and have good work practices.

I'm out...
    Signature
    Cheap Article Writing Service - Get 5 High Quality 350 words Articles For $23.00
    Stop Dogs Barking - Got a troublesome dog? Get info on how to train it easily!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1017983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author letsmak1
    thank you guys for the info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1020558].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author analog_s1_t6
      Very Nice!
      Thanks for information
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1020737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author londonguy6
    thanks guys
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1021096].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author debtfreehispanic
    Start to build websites and blogs that you enjoy. Build up traffic with good content and then add ads. I find this helps best. Learn to build them correctly. Learn how to make small amounts of money, lots of it.
    Signature

My WSO is giving 40% off WOW! There is an affiliate program with it, pays 50%. High quality videos showing step-by-step what to click and what to type in, so easy!

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1022601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sweetrock82
    i think people start something and expect some fast results. and when they don't see anything happening they give up. the key is to keep doing and results will follow..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1033985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Web Prodigy
    Interesting information but having great ideas in todays world is very hard and many people tend to steal ideas from others and make a lot of money from this. So be carefull about sharing information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1095517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pam Boyett
    Most people don't get started with their own business because they don't know where to start. Many people have great ideas but they never get off the ground, or they never get online.

When I wanted to go into business, I consulted the Small Business Association. Then I purchased an expensive franchise. But in today's market, investing money into a business is risky. I wish I had started an online business instead. Setting up an affiliate site can be done for under $50 a month. And you won't have an inventory to keep and no products to order.

Marketing can cost you, but as in the post above states; start with websites and blogs and build traffic with good content.

Here are some straight forward steps to follow:

1. Open a Click Bank account. (It's free!)
    2. Select a product you want to promote and sell from the Click Bank marketplace.
    3. Purchase a domain name from Host Daddy.
    4. Get hosting from Host Gator, (As stated in the first post).
    5. Set up your website or blog using WordPress. (It's also free).
    6. Build your list with an auto responder, such as Aweber.
    7. Put great content on your blog and then Promote, Promote, Promote!

And of course as stated here by others, you must be patient and persistent.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1190384].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sagar.
    nice thanks for the info...!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2340810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author meenaxi
    Greetings
    forex trading income
    eTech Money provides amazing benefits and tools to help you make money.
    eTech Money provides Money Management services and our traders' portfolios show conservative profits of 2-5% a month and even higher in our advanced programs. eTech Money was founded to fill a huge void in the global foreign exchange market which will financially benefit the professional trader and the average investor.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2590983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AskiKaOwnzYou
    Originally Posted by Web Prodigy View Post

Interesting information but having great ideas in todays world is very hard and many people tend to steal ideas from others and make a lot of money from this. So be carefull about sharing information.
    You only need 1x great idea, then rinse and repeat per state/town throughout the world.

Instead of CaliforniaGreatIdea.com (Your first website) - next week/year, make NewYorkGreatIdea.com (You already have the idea, the pages on your first website that you "know worked" - just copy them, word for word, accept change "California to New York" and watch the second website rise up to greater heights than the first - rinse and repeat - have fun).

Note: There are always "Spins" on your busiest website that you can get inspired to create a unique yet similar, second and third, etc website from - I am living proof that this works. I have almost taken over 1/3 of the world for but one of my 100's of niches and loving it. I now know that this technique works and sticking to it to great success). "Works great for services". Because then you can contact SMB's (Small to medium businesses) and profit-share leads with them (Client calls them, they do the jobs, they call you and say, "you made $xxx this week, nice, thanks").

(Also remember that you should - when the site becomes profitable, try and edit the copied content into totally unique and favoring that state/town/province/s local mob of people).

For Example: If Califnornia people say "candy" and new york people say "condy", then change the "candy to condy" in the New York website (This should assist in obtaining slang searching New Yorkers, etc). Start a forum on your website/s, so users can contribute to it's worth automatically when it gets busy enough, however ensure you are not getting negative reviews there!

In response to Mango:

wanted to say a really big THANKS on behalf of the newbie crowd around here, I train many noobz and I would definitely think about implementing such a clear and concise account of what webmastry is all about, you also in my opinion needed to notify newbies to "steer clear" of all the propaganda surrounding web-page optimization, they simply need unique content and lots of it, I am talking THOUSANDS of unique, "one keyword" focussed webpages in their website to succeed.

The whole "meta-tags" thing is not that important apart from "correct keyword meta" selection. and for this I "CHEAT" I use (when I was new) "ezinearticles", I registered for a free author account, then I copy my new pages' content into their article generator (for submit a new article), then it automatically saves the pasted content and tells me the most "keyword dense" keywords for that webpage.

I siply "copy and paste" these keywords into y "meta-keyword= meta-tag" and I am sweet - works wonders for people who do not know how to find the best keywords for their webpages.

Additionally note:

If you are in the field of "lawyers" for example and the best keyword ezinearticles has selected is "coffe", then obviously you would omit this keyword, in favour of the "more specific, "your niche" related keywords only.

Hope this helped newbies put some pieces together.

(Also, don't worry too much - at all infact about website submission to multiple search engines etc - if you are new, "google, yahoo, bing, etc will suffice" - start out with them and learn the true POWER of unique content/s - if you find good content online, try editing it, deleting all footprints of the "enemy" website/s and then adding your personal "spin" on it, ensure it reads nothing like the original article and odds are google will deem it over 70% unique, meaning, a big rush of traffic within several weeks for that article, but only if you target the correct keywords).

Furthermore, MANY webmasters do 100% oarsome seo, organic work within their first year or two of hosting the website they created. Only issue is, google, etc does not really start showing your website properly (higher in rank) until the third+ year of hosting. This is a purposeful security measure to get rid of newbie internet webasters, so they quit their careers before they have started.

As agentmango has sweetly pointed out - you need consistence and dedication to "see the long-term" success of what you have actually created.

Nowadays (A career webmaster for sixteen years), I personally create unique articles that I take a 10 year outlook on. Meaning I now know that if I make a 250 word article (short), I know it will pull in $50 within the next 10 years. So objectively, I know I am on $50 per hour minimum and this inspires me to continue down my path with motivation.

However the average new webmaster does not know this fact, so they will "guess" and see no profits "early on". meaning most quit and consider themselves failures (as most purchased "malware" fake "how to make money online" courses that actually have little or no worth.

(Because people only market the "overnight success" model, so their surfers are more inclined to purchase their advice - even if it is tainted with greed).

IT IS A VERY SIMPLE "CATCH 22" - IF THEY ARE MAKING SO MUCH MONEY THAT THEY NO LONGER NEED TO WORK - THEN WHY WOULD THEY WORK ON A "MAKE MONEY ONLINE" SOFTWARE/ADVICE/TRAINING - THEY WOULD NOT. SO YOU SEE, THE INFORMATION WILL ALWAYS BE TAINTED BY GREED...

WHY WOULD SOMEONE TEACH OTHERS THEIR CHOSEN CAREER PATH IF IT MADE THEM POSSIBLE COMPETITORS?

SIMPLE PUT, ONLY TRUE MODEL IS "PROFIT-SHARE", FOR EXAMPLE.

I personally have trained many novice webmasters into pros, now each one donates me 10% for life... See my motivation? CORRECT: ALSO GREED. However This "greed" model actually helps "both parties" so it's fair.

You should question anyone "selling" "OVERNIGHT" online money making advice, period. (UNLESS IT IS GOOGLE ADWORDS EXPLOIT BASED OR YAHOO SEARCH MARKETING EXPLOIT BASED, OR "REVERSE ENGINEERING TRAFFIC FLOW BASED" - WHICH IS ACTUALLY SPOT ON THE OVERNIGHT MONEY GENERATION + MILLIONAIRE MONEY).

(FOR EXAMPLE, GOOGLE ADWORDS BANNER ADVERTISING ON "SINGLE WEBSITE SELECTION", CAN INFACT, MAKE YOU AN OVERNIGHT MILLIONAIRE IF DONE CORRECTLY, Sometimes it is as simple as doing a google search for "term" and then putting google adwords banner ads on each of the top three search results landing pages - thanks me for this advice )

If you buy any software/s and/or training online and it does not clearly and concisely detail exact proven steps to making money online - so it "leave a grey area" you are wondering about - then it is either "not completed and/or faulty (intentionally hiding the iportant steps) in order to protect the greedy webmaster who created it fro other internet savvy webmasters (such as yourself).

If this is ever the case - ALWAYS ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP.

There are also a spade of internet highly charged $999+ programs that take 8 weeks to complete, however their refund period is within the first thirty days...

If you see these programs, ignore them unless they have lifetime refund guarantee and/or ask for a percentage of your profits to take you on-board (As these are typically legitiate).

Hope this helped you guys, my last comment is worth the most, but you'll have to use your brain to work it out - as only "people who exercise intelligence should proceed as a webaster".

BEST TIP:

"JOOMLA+CODE GRAVITY JOOMLA-WATCH+EASY ADSENSE MODULE (INSERT ANY CODE)+THEMZA(FREE JOOMLA TEMPLATES)+GOOGLE,BING,YAHOO SERPS SUBMIT(DON'T WASTE TIME ON OTHERS, ACCEPT PERHAPS WEBCEO)+UNIQUE CONTENT (WITH CLOSE TO PERFECT KEYWORDS, ONLY 3-4 KEYWORDS, BECAUSE IF ONLY 1 KEYWORD, GOOGLE KNOWS PRO AND LOWERS RANK)+ADSENSE+DEVELOP WHEN PROFITABLE ONLY+SCOUT TOP 3 WEBSITE RESULTS IN GOOGLE ONLY (RIGHT-CLICK, VIEW SOURCE, SEE META TAGS FIRST, WORK OUT WHAT ALL OPPOSING META TAGS MEAN) & FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW THESE WEBSITES RANK HIGHER THAN YOURS+ IMPLEMENT ON YOUR WEBSITE, PRIOR TO MOVING ON - EVEN IF IT TAKES YOU HOURS/DAYS/WEEKS/YEARS TO UNDERSTAND = KEY TO SUCCESS FOR NEWBIES".

Lastly, find a "mentor" such as myself to help you along your path is a MASSIVE ADVANTAGE, but we do not come cheap (for example), I'll charge my life-long students 10% for my advice.

And that's all you really need, is someone to tell you, no no, keep it simple, "this works and that don't".

LOVE DAVE.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2684091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author radiotiger
    This is all easy to say, but hard to implement it when it comes to traffic. starting a site is easy, but to get targeted traffic is hardwork.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2800646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author welland
    Any more promotion advice?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3905686].message }}

Trending Topics