How to paste a hoplink into wordpress

9 replies
I have been building lists in different niches for some time now, and this will remain the backbone of my business.
However I thought I might branch out into affilate marketing via clickbank. So with this in mind I have set up an account. My problem is when I copy and paste the hoplink into a post on my blog it opens up with oops this link is broken message. I have tried it with various products, but still the same.
So please tell me what am I doing wrong with what is obviously a very simple procedure.

Andy Beveridge
#hoplink #paste #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author navjotjsingh
    Can you show a example post where its happening?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1086090].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author andybeveridge
      Thanks for the reply. I could copy and paste the post but I don't think that will help because I have tried it on test posts with the same results.
      I am just wondering if I am doing something incredibly stupid when creating the hoplink.
      To put a hoplink in the post of the blog you copy and paste the code in the second box on the create a hoplink form right. I have simply just added that to the post using the add link in wordpress. Do I have to do anything to that code first.
      It does say add your nickname but the code is just numbers, it does not say affilate or vendor.
      Signature

Become a Digi Warrior and join us in the successful Dig Warrior IM Academy
      Join us at www.digiwarrior.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1086126].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Diggyd
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1086125].message }}
      Oh dear I am begining to look stupid. I think you may be right. I should have pressed the HTML button just before I published, I think thats what you mean.
      The post is readable and the link is in place it just leads to oops this link is broken.
      Will try out what you have said.
      If you are correct you will immediately be on my xmas card list
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1086157].message }}
    I think my days in affilate marketing are over before they started. Just can't get the hoplink to work on my blog.
    I give up now.
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1086795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edlync
    Andy here's how to get that clickbank hoplink onto your blog:

1. Copy the first link in clickbank when creating hoplink, not the second one (HTML code for web page)
    2. Under the visual tab (not the HTML tab) of your wordpress post box, highlight the phrase or word from your post that you want to use to link your hoplink. For instance, "This is a great product." Once you highlight the phrase or word, select insert icon and then another window will open up for you to paste your clickbank hoplink in the "LINK URL" box, and you can also select the "TARGET" (open in the same window or another window). Hit insert and your done. Make sure your preview it before you publish it. Hope this helps. And by the way I hope I be on your xmas list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1113893].message }}
    edlync, I am going to have another look at it. I will follow your instructions to the letter. Although I feel I have been doing like that anyway. I suppose I must just be doing one thing wrong.
    You will indeed be on my xmas list if this works.
    I will report back tomorrow.
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1113928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Flyingpig7
    You're not the only one Andy I've done the same been clueless with the new Clickbank hoplink code. It does not appear to work on my blog either, I solved it by using Amazon instead :-) (& adsense!!)
    Thanks for the instructions edlync will try it out.

Some things some take for granted have others left with 2 left thumbs you live and learn.
    Much appreciated

Keren
    Signature

Have a great day

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1117205].message }}
    Well even that did not work. Obviously because Keren has the same problem, it must be a probem with wordpress.
    I have however found the solution. Clickbank hop ads. Dead easy to create and you just copy and paste the code onto your posts.

Andy Beveridge
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1132649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lancehibner
    Thank you for helping . . . and please be obvious.
    I have to confess that I am somewhat unfamiliar with using html. I'm getting better, but what a learning curve.
    To clarify, I am having some confusion in how to use the 'anchor', 'link', etc. tabs when I am creating my page/post. Can you clarify how/where I would put the 'anchor tag' so that it fits behind text and images?
    Do you know of any resources that further explains how to properly use the different tabs when creating pages/posts?
    Thank you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1202417].message }}

Trending Topics