Can somebody help me?

27 replies
Hi warriors,
First of all, I would like to ask for your patience, since I am new here.
I am going online with a new international dating site targeting men (30- 60). niche market.
I need traffic for my website and I have contacted some SEM agencies, but it seems they want to get rich in one month.
I would appreciate very much for a good course of action.
Thanks
  • Profile picture of the author JoeNielsen
    Have you considered Facebook PPC? You can literally target exactly who you are trying to reach, it's perfect.
    Signature
    Nike said it well, just do it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10926129].message }}
  • LOSTINMARKETING,

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by LOSTINMARKETING View Post

I am going online with a new international dating site targeting men (30- 60). niche market ...
    That's not a niche. That's an entire industry.
    You could niche down further, i.e. Dating platform that's integrated with LinkedIn so single male LinkedIn users aged 30 to 60 working at finance companies in eastern USA and interested in Shark Tank among other similar TV shows can meet single female LinkedIn users aged 25 to 60 working at finance companies in north and south east Asia and subscribers of The Financial Times among other similar media -- I'm sure you got my point.

I need traffic for my website ...
    Okay, after you niche down further -- Good news!

>> You're bound to have lots of competitors that operate sites in the dating industry, all trying to reach niche markets that are directly and laterally relevant to your target niche market; and

>> You also probably have lots of prospect partners that operate heavily trafficked non-competing sites very popular to your target niche market ...

So, you can do the following:

1. Spy on the sites of your direct competitors.
    You can use tools like SimilarWeb.Com and SpyFu.Com among others.
    You'll be able to learn the following things:

>> What traffic generation method is currently working well for them? Direct traffic? Referral traffic? Paid and organic search traffic? Social traffic? Paid display traffic?

>> What are they doing on their sites to get significant direct traffic? Do they have irresistible opt-in offers or membership subscriptions? How are those crafted? What does their sales funnel look like? Can you do a much better job than them in this regard?

>> Where are they getting referral traffic? What are they doing on those referring sites? Are there any content placement and advertising opportunities for you in those referring sites?

>> Where are they getting Social traffic? What are they doing in those social networks? Are there any advertising and content placement opportunities for you in those social networks?

>> What keywords are they targeting for their onpage and offpage organic SEO campaigns? Can you do a much better job than them? Is it feasible for you to compete against them?

>> What keywords are they using for their paid search advertising campaigns in Google Adwords? Can you do a much better job than them? Is it feasible for you to bid against them for those keywords in Google Adwords?

Note: You can use keyword suggestion tools like UberSuggest.Org to discover other exact match keywords with lower competitiveness but still significant search demand volume from your target locations - This tool also has a browser add-on where you can pull up recent search demand volume from the Google Adwords Keyword Planner for each suggested keyword ...

>> What do their recent and long running paid search and display ads in Google Adwords look like? How are they crafted? Can you do a much better job than them in captivating your target audience, enticing them to learn more and compeling them to sign up for your opt-in offers and membership subscription deals?

2. Find prospect partners with non-competing sites that are popular and heavily trafficked by your target niche market.
    Also do the same things to learn more about their sites as the things you'll do for direct competitor analytics (mentioned above).
    Check if there are any advertising and content placement opportunities for you in their sites.
    Try to strike a mutually beneficial partnership with them.

Like I said at the beginning of my post - Creating a profile of your ideal customers should be your primary concern at this point. Next is a profile of your top competitors and what they're doing to get traffic mainly consisting of your target niche market. Then, a profile of your ideal prospect partners and the things that they're doing to attract your target niche market.

Hope this helps!
    Signature
    • Deep Learning & Machine Vision Engineer: ARIA Research (Sydney, AU)
    • Founder: Grayscale (Manila, PH) & SEO Campaign Manager: Kiteworks, Inc. (SF, US)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10926175].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YourBizAid
    Banned
    For dating traffic, you may want to look at Plenty of Fish and other similar websites like them....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10926176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PhamStatus
    Facebook advertising would be your best bet, could target easily other dating groups and specific age and gender or even better nationality since it's an international dating site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10926185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lannisterdoor
    Could you give us more information on your site? That will help us to give you more accurate advice.

Take a look around, there are a lot of tutorials here on how to run an adwords campaign for improving your SEO, you dont need to hire someone else to do it, you can learn to do it yourself!.

Of course, if you have some budget for hiring a professional that will always be better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10926415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RefuseToLose
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10926726].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dora1245
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10926741].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RefuseToLose
        Originally Posted by Dora1245 View Post

Saying that you mean you'd tried it and was banned, am I right?
        they banned dating ads years ago. Never ran dating ads on Facebook.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author katarina1
    freelancer(dot)com
    guru(dot)com
    and so on,you can find cheap traffic there.
    On facebook,if you create page,which is free,you can get traffic on it for just $2 (2000-3000 people)
    Good luck and Stay Awesome,

K
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    The best way to go is using paid ads such as:

1. Craigslist
    2. Adword
    3. Facebook
    4. Advertise on a few good dating sites that allow ads.

You are certainly going to spend lots of money if you hit at the above strategies at the same time. I suggest you take them one after the other and run some split test to find out which one works best.

And also improve your conversion rate as you go.
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927484].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uce
    I would try to get more backlinks through posting relevant articles and from authority sites so google will rank you better than your competitors. Focus on a handful of targeted keywords and try to use those as keywords from your articles.
    Signature
    "Giving Away Products For FREE Made Me A Millionaire" Today I'm Revealing How I Do It...www.theperfectoffer.today
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    yes, ppc it or ppv it.

but whatever paid ads you use make sure to track where your click go and the conversion rate.

you can use google analytics for this by creating "events"

-Ike Paz
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927618].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pias15
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934524].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934706].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Gambino
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934717].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
          Banned
          [DELETED]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VidasVegas
    Go to google SE type in "Adult Traffic" and there's hundreds of traffic agencies that waiting for you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vMartin
    The amount of people mentioning FB ads is to damn high.

Facebook does NOT ALLOW dating on their platform UNLESS your brand is whitelisted.

Please ignore their advice.

- To get whitelisted you will have to jump through all kinds of loops and trust me on this a lot of million dollar operations have went that road and failed.

POF would be a great platform to get started: https://ads.pof.com

You will both learn a lot more about paid advertisement, split-testing and what retention your users will have on your back-end (If you have that setup).

Goodluck
    Signature
    PROMOTE OUR NEW PLATINUM CONVERTING OFFER
    AND SKYROCKET YOUR CONVERSION RATES THROUGH THE ROOF 2021!

CLICK HERE AND FIND OUT Get up to $120 per sale
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnVianny
    Spend in ADS. Not in seo.

Like Solo Ads, or Facebook Ads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934699].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stephenjwv
    Direct targeting on Facebook would be a good place to start because this gives you the power to reach those folks interested in what you have to offer. Familliarize yourself with that platform and scale-up.
    Signature
    IM Marketing Discussions And Solutions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934809].message }}
    Originally Posted by Connann View Post

Spend in ADS. Not in seo.

Like Solo Ads, or Facebook Ads.
    Originally Posted by Stephenjwv View Post

Direct targeting on Facebook would be a good place to start because this gives you the power to reach those folks interested in what you have to offer. Familliarize yourself with that platform and scale-up.
    Please read my previous post and stop giving horrible advice.

Do people even read the topics here anymore?
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    You expect people to actually READ a thread before giving (wrong) advice?

That's asking a lot recently.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
    Live life like someone left the gate open
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bluemotion

Hi warriors,
    First of all, I would like to ask for your patience, since I am new here.
    I am going online with a new international dating site targeting men (30- 60). niche market.
    I need traffic for my website and I have contacted some SEM agencies, but it seems they want to get rich in one month.
    Thanks
    Facebook advertising is a great way to reach a target audience. But you can lose a lot of money very quickly if you're not careful, and still not get the results you want.

Do some Facebook advertising training before you even attempt it on your own
    Signature

[Smash The Competition With This.
    Video Here

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935426].message }}
      Originally Posted by bluemotion View Post

Facebook advertising is a great way to reach a target audience. But you can lose a lot of money very quickly if you're not careful, and still not get the results you want.

He will also need training in cloaking while he is at it.

READ FIRST moron
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jimmeettee
    Search for online forums in your niche, then get involved with the best 2 or 3. Don't spam them, actually become an active member.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cjsparacino123
    facebook groups works for me, post in 10 gorups with 30k+ people and the traffic floods to your site
    Signature

Grab a Free copy of my investing/marketing eBook!
    http://bit.ly/2h8XV41

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlexGill
    Facebook could be an option, but you'd just have to consider the angle that you use because as others have mentioned if your ad is aggressive you'll be banned quickly.

When you say targeting men, is it a male only site where they can meet and interact?

If so and are still interested in search engine marketing I'd encourage you to look at what long tail keywords you could use and rank for without a huge budget and team.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnSt9
    Oh please, please take a quick glance at vMartin's comment .... OMG
    He already explained everything in detail and ... does anybody see it? Or just read the title & jump into it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      To do that requires the ability to read and the ability to understand. It also requires that they not think they're as important as they think they are.

In other words, there's no way they're going to stop giving stoopid advice.

You're fighting a battle lost a long time ago.
      Originally Posted by vMartin View Post

Please read my previous post and stop giving horrible advice.

Do people even read the topics here anymore?
      DOES FACEBOOK ALLOW DATING ADS? Because if it doesn't, you just look stoopid, doncha?

Originally Posted by bluemotion View Post

Originally Posted by cjsparacino123 View Post

facebook groups works for me, post in 10 gorups with 30k+ people and the traffic floods to your site
      Originally Posted by AlexGill View Post

Facebook could be an option, but you'd just have to consider the angle that you use because as others have mentioned if your ad is aggressive you'll be banned quickly.

When you say targeting men, is it a male only site where they can meet and interact?

If so and are still interested in search engine marketing I'd encourage you to look at what long tail keywords you could use and rank for without a huge budget and team.
      Ah, I see you joined the losing side, the side that thinks people should read, understand, and know something about the things they post. Not the world of WarriorForum in quite a while.

I feel for us and Martin.

Originally Posted by JohnSt9 View Post

Oh please, please take a quick glance at vMartin's comment .... OMG
      He already explained everything in detail and ... does anybody see it? Or just read the title & jump into it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10935830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author megamind22
    Social media is the way to go. Places like Facebook, Plenty Of Fish even instagram are more targeted to that offer. Is where you'll get all the audience you need if you have the budget for it>

Hope that helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10936941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned

Really? They want to get rich?

You're targeting the dating niche which is extremely competitive. Any competitive niche requires a big bankroll.

What you're looking for are fiverr dreams. Dream all day long for $5 a pop.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10951287].message }}
  • How much were the companies trying to charge you? You can literally do this yourself through facebook ads. I specialize in writing for the mens dating niche if you need advice.
    Signature

Bring In More Cash For Your Business With High Caliber Copy
    www.highcalibercopy.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10951405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Project Sniper
    you're gonna have to start small if your budget isn't that big...you can flip 150$/300$ into 1k within a few months...you just gotta understand that it takes time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10951645].message }}

Trending Topics